You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competi

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I woke up to find the o/h had pinched all the quilt and I was freezing
  • edited January 2013
    My biggest 15 minutes of fame was being the mascot for Sheffield Wednesday in 1998 when we happened to be playing Manchester United. This was a few weeks after Paul Di Canio famously pushed the referee when I met Roy Keane, David Beckham and all before we emphatically stuffed them in a fantastic 3-1 victory.
  • edited January 2013
    Hi guys,

If you're showing mastercash hands later could you show this? I planned to check/raise the flop but when the other guy raises, I thought it would look too strong and didn't want to make both players fold, figured flattign could possibly keep Gooner in too.

Turn standard, right?

Hand History #609427659 (19:52 13/01/2013)

• edited January 2013
    My 15mins of fame...

When I topped Sharkscope's DYM's wins in row...distant memory now, they dont even have that boards now!

All the best for 2013!
  • edited January 2013
    hi guys great show as per

ive just recently returned to poker after about 2 month away from the game completely. Nights like tonight tho remind me of what i love about the game ive played satallites today and got into £55 primo for £11 got into £110 bounty hunter for £24 and accidently may be in the £55 turbo bounty hunter for £2 and now i get that buzz of potentially turning a small buyin into a big prize.

thanks drrungood
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Rich and Ryry

Just busted from the Primo, think it was pretty standard but would Ryan do anything different here?

• edited January 2013
    tell ryan not to worry about his bet on claire from steps

everybody has bets that are "Better Best Forgotten"

i am here all week :)

it is a "one for sorrow" and another and another for claire to eat

• edited January 2013
    Guys I think this was a good fold but did I go wrong on the turn my id is suemab the hand id is 

#609479159 I flop the world but end up folding did I go wrong tonights primo if you could show it I would appreciate it thanks Sue 

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition:
    Guys I think this was a good fold but did I go wrong on the turn my id is suemab the hand id is  #609479159 I flop the world but end up folding did I go wrong tonights primo if you could show it I would appreciate it thanks Sue 
    Posted by suemab
     Thank you Richard you may remember me I am Mabsues other half or as TK calls me his sister would like your opinions thank you 
  • edited January 2013
    Hand request from the 9pm Bounty Hunter, card blockers please.  Boring hand until the river, no history with the villain, this is about half an hour in.

Questions for Ryan.  Can I raise the huge bet for value?  Should I entertain the possibility that I am behind and just flat?  Do you like my shove regardless of the result?  Please could you do your hand guessing after his bet on the river, many thanks.

Hand number 609496951
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition:
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on Ch 861 and the webstream with Rich and Ryan: the official show thread + competition :  Thank you Richard you may remember me I am Mabsues other half or as TK calls me his sister would like your opinions thank you 
    Posted by suemab
     It quite easy Mab is Marks initials and Sue obviously is me thanks Richard and Rysn Mark says thanks for your comments guys 

• edited January 2013
    Right, 24 hours to go to the show- and I need more details of your 15 mins of fame everyone so I can hand out free mini seats tomorrow and give you all airtime. Plus Primo volunteers please- we want to follow your play between 8 and 9 tomorrow night.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Hi Richard, I had one weks solid tuition from Tikay to prepare me for the big event in Vegas. Thanks to his tips and assistance I maanaged just fifteen minutes in the tourney - THANKS TIKAY !!
  • edited January 2013

hi rich, ryan,

17 left in the jackpot...

time main mini      
    22:01 99 117      

phil12uk 5 95      
    Jeffter 10 101      
    johns0122 20 82      
    jim310831 21 65      
    matisback 22 73      
    nin777 30 116      
    mangan 32 79      
    DrRunGood 45 47      
    TheDart 46 64      
    andrew1947 55 27      
    yoyo 60 51      
    DivsDreams 65 112      
    mullberry 72 72      
    Lambert180 79 3      
    Gullyman 80 111      
    GREGHOGG 85 68      
    BOUNCY497 93 34      

• edited January 2013
    hand 609509227
    primo

see what you think he  ryan remember been out for 2 month so tiny bit rusty so be gentle

the villian has seemed to call me most game then as soon as i check he tries to bet me out
    flop comes good for me im sure im ahead and my plan was to check raise but he checks behind
    flop is bad for me and im cautious but im not suprised at bet as it great scare card dynamic of the table the guy could have worse so i call and river comes out and im positive im ahead and bet to avoid check check

that what i was thinking but is there anything you would change if anythin?
    did i play it well or am i just a big fish?

thanks drrungood
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Rich and Ryan. great show as always..My 15 mins of fame was in 2010 when I won a freeroll to the wsop main event. As I am a fairly new playter and generally play in £2 to £5 buy ins this was obviously a huge deal for me.As for my play there \I did ok and lasted to day2 and got allin wi AK vs QQ on a AK4 flop turn 10 river J... Yup it does happen live too ! Walked  out head held high with Greg Raymer..The chaps at the 2qd deepy are sick of hearing this tale so I thought I would share it for all :) Im on youtube too..By the way Ryan keep up the good work your the one what makes sense to me.
  • edited January 2013
    your opion please fed with outdraws today are my bet sizes wrong in the beginning thanks tina
  • edited January 2013
    sorry it was from the 5k bounty hunter

• edited January 2013

Hand History #609522132 (22:18 13/01/2013)

good hand from bh

• edited January 2013
    Liking some of the 15 mins of fame

Hoping mine is still to come. Only ever been on telly twice .
    Once was on swapshop where i was sat on my dads shoulders in Williamsons park Lancaster and the other was about 15 seconds on BBC1 on the 17th hole at Birkdale in The Open Golf on the Sunday about 5 yrs ago when KJ Choi lost his ball in the rough. There were a few of us looking and i spotted it. It was unplayable and he had to take a drop shot. i was briefly on TV and he nodded at me as if to say thx.

Have a good show guys

Paul

• edited January 2013
    Hi Rich & Ryan. enjoying the show (as usual).

As regards my 15 minutes of fame, I suppose it has to be the live sky poker show just before christmas where my posts on here got read out (4 times I believe). - they were weird xmas #1 songs that I reworked from Wham songs to be Poker related. - As a result I was graced with a free entr to a Mini B/H tourney, which I proceeded to participate in whilst at a friends for dinner that following Thursday!

In addition, could you ask Ryan what size bets I should be making on the flop / turn, if I think I'm ahead and there's a draw heavy board. Been a few situations like that recently & I want to try and ensure that if my bets do get called, it's a losing bet for them not me in the long run.

cheers guys.
  • edited January 2013
    Hi guys,

Just a quick update, I just went out the main sadly, came about 50th ish I think. It all went down hill about 1 hour ago, the same villian kept 3betting everyone relentless. Then he 3bet me again, so I 4bet jammed with AJ, he tank called with KQ and got there, would have put me on 15k but left me with 4k. Was grinding it up for about another hour until I got it in A5 v AJ, flopped the 5, turned the J... sigh

On the bright side, I'm 2nd out of 53 in the Mini with 40k in chips @ 300/600, currently on the stone cold bubble.
  • edited January 2013

Hi rich i know it must be hard to win the main event and the money go to sky, but you have to remember you probably lost more over the years.
  • edited January 2013
    How could i forget - My 30 minutes of fame when i won the old TSP classic and you and there used to be a 30 minute show on it where you and Ed comented on my play. I was sat to your right and managed to knock you out along the way  (still got it on Sky + )

Paul
  • edited January 2013

hi rich,

just two...
    time main mini      
    22:57 38 38      

matisback 27 26      
    andrew1947 30 3      

• edited January 2013
    Heres a hand from me in the Primo tonight,

Should I just flat the flop Ryan?

Hand History #609504995 (21:47 13/01/2013
  • edited January 2013

Hi Rich, my 15 mins of fame still to come but had a near miss a couple of years ago. I qualified as 2nd reserve for who wants to be a millionaire. Got a nice overnight at the studio, a few beers with Chris Tarrant after the show and actually had a go in tHE CHAIR at rehearsals, next time maybe.
  • edited January 2013
    Was this a bit rash?  Trying to build a stack on the bubble hand id 609551180
  • edited January 2013
    bit of a doom and gloom post but back to what you said rich about no1 reacting to alarms i watched a programme about sept 11th and people in the twin towers after the 1st plane hit instead of trying to get out they stoped to shut off their computer
  • edited January 2013
    What on Earth am I going to do on Tuesday? My life is going to seem empty.

15 minutes of fame? I once won a Tarzan competition. I'll leave you to figure out what that means.

Great show tonight.
  • edited January 2013
    Congrats to RUSTY_RING, VESPAPX and TOMGOODUN who win free entry in to Tuesday night's mini event at 8.15pm!