You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best TV programmes past and present.

edited February 2014 in The Rail
Following on from Tommys movie thread,

What are your best TV programmes? Might help if you give your age, but not essential.

I`m 46, born in world cup year!!

PAST.....

Grange Hill 

Banana Splits

Blakes 7

Top of the pops

Six Million dollar man

Auf Wiedersehen Pet

The diary of Adrian Mole......

Swap Shop

Boys from the blackstuff

The tube.

The Present.......

Misfits

Bo Selecta

Harry hills TV burp

Sopranos

Idiot Abroad

Revenge

Homeland

Sons of Anarchy

Person of interest

Deal or no deal!!!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    not gonna say my age, but what i am watching, American horror story asylum,revenge, the charmed ones, four in a bed,true blood,and i loved hunderby so funny
  • edited January 2013
    American Horror Story ,True Blood,The Walking Dead for this  time.
    From the past.Only Fools And Horses.Nothin comes close to that.Classic.
    I'm 36.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present.:
    not gonna say my age, but what i am watching, American horror story asylum,revenge, the charmed ones, four in a bed,true blood,and i loved hunderby so funny
    Posted by paige55
    I`m guessing ur about 56 and you can remember This is your life and Ask the family!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. : I`m guessing ur about 56 and you can remember This is your life and Ask the family!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by davelufc
    shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh xxx
  • edited January 2013
    Past - Only Fools and Horses, I vaguely remember  the starting tune of banana splits and would watch it regularly
    That saturday morning kids show with Ant and Dec even tho i was probably over 18 - wonkey donkey and all that. Also used to love Monkey when i was a kid
    Also the same with swap shop - I was on it once .
    I did write to jimmy saville to try and get on that but glad i didnt now - (wanted to meet the Liverpool football team)

Its not that old but Star Stories was hilarious where that comic would play a different celebrity each week about their lives and careers - Jordan , Simon Cowell etc

Present

Sopranos - Watched every episode of every season - some more than once - Best ever TV series imo

Celebrity Juice or anything with Keith Lemon

Idiot abroad or anything with Ricky gervais or Karl Pilkington

i was into Coach trip a while ago but haven,t seen a new episode for a while, but now my T-time viewing must include pointless. Quiz show on BBC1

Past and present - MOTD

probably loads more but cant think at the min - oh and of course CH861

The recent series - 999 - Whats your emergency? - As it was based in Blackpool where i grew up . Brought back a lot of memories
  • edited January 2013
    The Shield 
    The best programme i've ever watched.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_shield
  • edited January 2013
    Present, most of the usual ones for me. The americans have nailed great tv series for a while now.

The Sopranos
    The Wire
    Breaking Bad
    MadMen
    Band Of Brothers
    Southland

• edited January 2013
    Past:
    Tiswas
    Steptoe & Son
    UFO
    Til Death us do Part
    The Sweeney
    On the Buses

Present:
    CSI
    MOTD
    Channel 861 obv.
    Storage Wars
    Sons of Guns
    Most British Crime dramas
  • edited January 2013
    Acidman's already mentioned it but I'm currently 'box zapping' Breaking Bad.  Towards the end of Season 2 right now and it's excellent.  It's a Black Comedy for want of a better term, very well written with characters who appear both flawed and who you grow to care about.  One of the best shows I've seen in recent years, I would recommend anyone to at least check out Season 1 and see how you take it.

Also just found out that the GF's mother has never watched 24 and we gave her Season 1 as a present.  So blooming lucky, if you have somehow never seen it, go get it.  Really.
  • edited January 2013
    Recent series on the BBC, 'Frozen Planet' and the new 'Africa' series are awesome. 

If you like those you need to check out an older series, wasn't Attenboro' but some mind blowing stuff, it was called "Human Planet". Can find it on BBC4 and 'eden' (532 on sky)

Pointless is the best quiz show out atm by a mile!

The Big Bang Theory is the best sitcom out by a mileeeeeeeeeee!

Jamies 15/30 minute meals ;) 

Eastenders is also crushing Cor.St atm, & has been for a while :P

• edited January 2013
    I am also watching Breaking Bad at the moment and loving it.
    I remember watching SHOGUN as a kid with my parents and recently got the DVD. Yes it looks dated but still a great story.
    THE FIRST 48  is a good show on the crime channell.
    My son would want me to mention a cartoon called ADVENTURE TIME I have watched some of it and it is very strange but I can see why teenagers love it.
    I used to love staying up late on a school night and watching Sportsnight aswell.
  • edited January 2013
    best ever programme - auf wiedersehen pet, ( will never get old ) closely followed by only fools and horses.
    favourite current programmes - tvs really poor to be fair these days so i just like reality programmes -  geordie shore, jersey shore, im a celebrity get me out of here, big brother. 

• edited January 2013
    Breaking Bad gets better and better with each series.

Forgot a few more.

Boardwalk Empire and Game Of Thrones are both great.

As for comedy, Curb Your Enthusiasm takes some beating. Anybody that liked Seinfeld (another favourite of mine) will love it.

• edited January 2013
    Breaking Bad gets better and better with each series. Forgot a few more. Boardwalk Empire and Game Of Thrones are both great. As for comedy, Curb Your Enthusiasm takes some beating. Anybody that liked Seinfeld (another favourite of mine) will love it.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    The Palestinian Chicken episode is one of my favourites, but there's so much quality throughout every ep/season!

• edited January 2013
    been watchin a lot of series lately so many to choose from so heres a couple 

present:
    Breakin Bad
    Homeland
    Fringe
    Battlestar galactica (old and new)
    V (old and new)

old:
    The A team
    The equalizer
    Street hawk
    Airwolf
    Transformers

• edited January 2013
       Best fiction past .......BBC news,
       Best fiction present ..BBC news.
  • edited January 2013
    Acidman's already mentioned it but I'm currently 'box zapping' Breaking Bad.  Towards the end of Season 2 right now and it's excellent.  It's a Black Comedy for want of a better term, very well written with characters who appear both flawed and who you grow to care about.  One of the best shows I've seen in recent years, I would recommend anyone to at least check out Season 1 and see how you take it. Also just found out that the GF's mother has never watched 24 and we gave her Season 1 as a present.  So blooming lucky, if you have somehow never seen it, go get it.  Really.
    Posted by TommyD
    +1 to breaking bad I'm towards the end of season 3 and it just gets better and better. The end of season 2 is so good, didn't see it coming at all.
  • edited January 2013
    I love Breaking Bad! Best TV show that has been on for years. I have seen all of it now and it's just a shame that we have to wait until the summer for the conculsion. You should watch it if you haven't already and it gets better and better as it goes on in my opinion.

I have just started on Boardwalk Empire, seems a little slow but maybe it will improve and I will get more into it as it goes on. Also fancy giving The Wire a go as that's supposed to be decent.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. : +1 to breaking bad I'm towards the end of season 3 and it just gets better and better. The end of season 2 is so good, didn't see it coming at all.
    Posted by BigHawk89

You thought the end of series 2 was good?? Oh. My. God. Really don't want to give anymore away, but just wait my friend, just wait. :DD

• edited January 2013
       The invisible man starring Gordon Brown.
       Carry on up the khyber starring Julian Clary.
       Vatman and robbing starring George Osborne.
       The seven dwarfs starring William Hague.
       The lying king starring Tony Blair.

:)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. : You thought the end of series 2 was good?? Oh. My. God. Really don't want to give anymore away, but just wait my friend, just wait. :DD
    Posted by Epoker
    I'm excited now!!!
  • edited January 2013
       Best fiction past .......BBC news,    Best fiction present ..BBC news.
    Posted by booboo5205
    lol

Also just been reminded of another classic series by Acidman - Band of Brothers. If your into 2nd world war films these is a great series following "Easy company,s" (52n,d airbourne dividion i think ) journey from basic training right through to VE day 

(Didn,t realise till the other day while watching a documantary on TV  that all the money we received from the US before they entered the war we had to pay back with 10% interest). Cheeky yanks, although it doesn,t realy suprise me
  • edited January 2013

Hill street blues.
  • edited January 2013
    Man vFood perhaps?
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. : lol Also just been reminded of another classic series by Acidman - Band of Brothers. If your into 2nd world war films these is a great series following "Easy company,s" (52n,d airbourne dividion i think ) journey from basic training right through to VE day   (Didn,t realise till the other day while watching a documantary on TV  that all the money we received from the US before they entered the war we had to pay back with 10% interest). Cheeky yanks, although it doesn,t realy suprise me
    Posted by MP33
     Should of said cheeky banks not yanks.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. :  Should of said cheeky banks not yanks.
    Posted by booboo5205
    lol ,this guy is funny xx
  • edited January 2013
      High plains drifter .... starring Mark Thatcher.
      The good the bad and the ugly...starring Mother Theresa,Dr shipman and Theresa May.
      Lord of the rings......starring Bobby George,(pm me for my first choice)
      Blazing saddles.......starring Donald Trump,
      The incredible hulk.......starring Cyril Smith.

• edited January 2013

I watched a bit of a recent  series of Sparticus - blood and sand i think it was called. Unfornately i never got to watch it from the beginning and it looked a really good programme

But now i,m confused as there is a programme called Sparticus revenge (with the same characters but as i only watched a few of the other series - blood and sand i was wondering if anyone knew which order they were in so i can start to get head round it and possibly tape this series and watch them in order

Thx

Paul

• edited January 2013
    Was anyone p**sed off with the ending on lost?I know I was.
  • edited January 2013
    I watched a bit of a recent  series of Sparticus - blood and sand i think it was called. Unfornately i never got to watch it from the beginning and it looked a really good programme But now i,m confused as there is a programme called Sparticus revenge (with the same characters but as i only watched a few of the other series - blood and sand i was wondering if anyone knew which order they were in so i can start to get head round it and possibly tape this series and watch them in order Thx Paul
    Posted by MP33
    Do you still use video+ on your VHS?

I got one of them posh Sky+ things, seems a lot easier!!!!!! lol