You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best TV programmes past and present.

2»

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present.:
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. : Do you still use video+ on your VHS? I got one of them posh Sky+ things, seems a lot easier!!!!!! lol
    Posted by davelufc
    It'll never catch on.

• edited January 2013
    Past: Blackadder

Current: No bloody idea
  • edited January 2013
    Was anyone p**sed off with the ending on lost?I know I was.
    Posted by bignoise10
    I can not tell you how much.  Not liking the ending isn't not understanding it.  I understood it completely, it was just such a lame way out.
  • edited January 2013
    Guilty Pleasure at the moment is Arrow.  Total fluff but it's a comic book show so I haven't missed an episode.

Also has anyone caught Louie on Fox?  Not sure how to place this yet, it's like someone is trying to combine Curb and Seinfeld.  It's very funny in parts but it doesn't quite work.  Early days though.
  • edited January 2013

Derek on Wednesday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. : Do you still use video+ on your VHS? I got one of them posh Sky+ things, seems a lot easier!!!!!! lol
    Posted by davelufc
    LOL - still using the phrase "tape it" - I mean sky plus it . I watched 3 episodes of Spartacas - Vengeance the other night . I normally hate blood and guts. I have to look away while watching Casualty sometimes but this just gets you used to it and thirsty for more. I don,t think i,ve ever seen a more gory series and the sex scenes are pretty hardcore as well.

It all makes for a quite realistic look back into the days of the Roman Empire. I,d recommend anyone to try  it . You,ll soon know if its your thing or not after about 10 minutes 
  • edited January 2013
    Hardly watch any TV as most of it is garbage and I have a poker addiction to feed.
    I tape (sorry sky+) Everybody loves Raymond every morning & have seen every episode at least twice I think.

Prefer to grab box sets so I can watch at my pace:
    The Sopranos - best TV ever
    The Wire - oh my god this may even be better than the Sopranos
    Breaking Bad  - Fantastic, gutted to have to wait until June (will that be a full series as the US get the rest on tv in summer.) How has this escaped Channel 4. 5USA had 2 series & didn't know what to do with it.

Curb your Enthusiasm - this is gonna take some time as my missus HATES it
  • edited January 2013
    Future box sets to consider - suggestions please

You can judge my preferences from above post what should I go for next. Was thinking about the following:

Mad Men
    Game Of Thrones
    Dexter
    Deadwood
    The West Wing

Or should I have another attempt to get into:   Homicide (Life on the Street) seemed a bit dated & slow after The Wire
  • edited January 2013
    Hardly watch any TV as most of it is garbage and I have a poker addiction to feed. I tape (sorry sky+) Everybody loves Raymond every morning & have seen every episode at least twice I think. Prefer to grab box sets so I can watch at my pace: The Sopranos - best TV ever The Wire - oh my god this may even be better than the Sopranos Breaking Bad  - Fantastic, gutted to have to wait until June (will that be a full series as the US get the rest on tv in summer.) How has this escaped Channel 4. 5USA had 2 series & didn't know what to do with it. Curb your Enthusiasm - this is gonna take some time as my missus HATES it
    Posted by clubhammer
    +1 to Sparonos but never watched the wire - Is there anyone who doesnt like this programme?
  • edited January 2013
    Just watched the first 2 episodes of Utopia on C4.

Wow, it looks great, not for the squeamish btw!!

@ dohhhhh just seen trailer for Derek, gotta be a winner!!!!
  • edited January 2013
    Derek on Wednesday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yep, should be good. Seem to remember you weren't too sure about the pilot episode last year?

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. : Yep, should be good. Seem to remember you weren't too sure about the pilot episode last year?
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Not at first, the more I watched it the more I liked it though. Seen the pilot at least 10 times now. 

I think they shud scrap the old people and just do a sitcom of Derek, Douggie and Kev at home!

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. : Not at first, the more I watched it the more I liked it though. Seen the pilot at least 10 times now.  I think they shud scrap the old people and just do a sitcom of Derek, Douggie and Kev at home!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Righteo.
    Best get ready for the Daily Fail going on about how he's mocking disabled people.. /roll-eyes

• edited May 2013
    Not sure how old it is but currently half way through season 1 of "Breaking Bad" after catching a cpl of episodes of season 4 recently. I think there is 6 seasons in all

Definately would recommend it

EDIT - Just noticed its already been reccomended a few times - Can,t beleive i,ve only just heard of it
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Best TV programmes past and present. : Not at first, the more I watched it the more I liked it though. Seen the pilot at least 10 times now.  I think they shud scrap the old people and just do a sitcom of Derek, Douggie and Kev at home!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Don,t know if you saw him on the One show today but he,s currently writing a new series of Derek which should be out at the end of the year