You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My challenge for this year Mtts only to turn 3.5k into 10k

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
My aim this year i have chose to play for a new team 4 players that live in the same town play homegames and used to go same pub n play poker as me we talk about poker hands etc all the time and i think its great to get feedback from these players as i would say they are the same level as me or better at me think it can only improve my game talking about hands etc

My goal is to turn my bankroll atm 3.5k into 10k by the end of the year

By doing this i am only going to play mtts as i think this is where i have an edge £11 buy ins or less unless i sattelite in via frenzys

I think i will do this as i am alot more disciplined now i dnt play cash hardly at all now i dnt take shots if i do play cash its on the tv shows when they have mastercash on for an hour

All my other team members of  Team munky wish me luck hope u do aswell goodluck at the tables may see u on there :)

Comments

• edited January 2013
    gl IDCU - careful not to tilt when the inevitable mtt downswing occurs - stay disciplined & no reason you can't make it.
  • edited January 2013
    I know m8 i dnt tilt m8 i lost £100 other night just brushed it aside  over the head 2013 a new me i treat it as a job m8 and ya wouldnt lose ya cool if ya working u get the sack lol

thanks for ya support m8 :)
  • edited January 2013

IDONKCALLU 31000 1 £32.50
    aceMace 0 2 £17.50
    ZOED 0 3
    sm27 0 4
    GunnerKris 0 5
    Dixie_D 0 6
    NAHNAH 0 7

IDONKCALLU 49500 1 £32.50
    craig271081 0 2 £17.50
    sig19 0 3
    CoreyB 0 4
    foxy666603 0 5
    Plumo69 0 6

Of to a good start to the day in my new challenge :)

• edited January 2013
    sure you will do this, MTT's by far your best game
    perspective is a wonderful thing, wasn't that long ago you couldn't beat nl4 )
    keep the good work going
    mentioned above don't let the variance get you down

Now you have started this you have to update it everyday - £350 into £1000 - same thing isn't it - all relative regarding BRM

gl
  • edited January 2013
    cheers rancid dnt think its the same thing thats £650 in 11 months winning 6.5k is going to be alot harder with £11 or less mtts unless i sattelite in but i will do my best i have gd freinds who think i can do it they cnt believe how much i have improved as a player if ya put ya mind to it u can do anything in the poker game

cheers rancid may see u on some tables :)
  • edited January 2013
    Hi idcu

GL fella. When you say uv improved are you really going over hh's and studying 'stuff'. Or has this improvement come from just playing more and winning. It seems that downswings tend to be inevitable in mtt's. How are you going to combat them?
    It will be an interesting diary though but remember diaries have the good as well well as the bad. Do you feel able to show a bad run if it occurs and still maintain a level headed approach to your poker? This may be more difficult than you think but it may be a big breakthrough for you in your approach to poker and tilt. All the best.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: My challenge for this year Mtts only to turn 3.5k into 10k:
    cheers rancid dnt think its the same thing thats £650 in 11 months winning 6.5k is going to be alot harder with £11 or less mtts unless i sattelite in but i will do my best i have gd freinds who think i can do it they cnt believe how much i have improved as a player if ya put ya mind to it u can do anything in the poker game cheers rancid may see u on some tables :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Well what I mean is your playing 350 bi's, which you want to turn into 1000 bi's.
    So it's still relative regardless of the amount of £'s

Guess just play tons of volume @ £10 MTT's + do sats

like .03% BRM

sounds like a good idea

• edited January 2013
    Hi idcu

GL fella. When you say uv improved are you really going over hh's and studying 'stuff'. Or has this improvement come from just playing more and winning. It seems that downswings tend to be inevitable in mtt's. How are you going to combat them?
    It will be an interesting diary though but remember diaries have the good as well well as the bad. Do you feel able to show a bad run if it occurs and still maintain a level headed approach to your poker? This may be more difficult than you think but it may be a big breakthrough for you in your approach to poker and tilt. All the best.

Hi prof i think the only way u can really learn is by playing when im not playing poker i watch 861 or other poker which i have recorded on sky plus i will post every night after my last mtt which will be around midnight i will post my downswings aswell as my wins this hasnt been a overnight sucess not being co cky but i knew i always had it in me to be a gd player ive been playing for 10 years and love the game and dedicated to the game willing to learn etc i think it helps me that i am single and live at home so i can fully concentrate on the game

• edited January 2013
    Well what I mean is your playing 350 bi's, which you want to turn into 1000 bi's.
    So it's still relative regardless of the amount of £'s

Guess just play tons of volume @ £10 MTT's + do sats

like .03% BRM

sounds like a good idea

The idea not to play above £11 mtts is not becuase i cant afford it its just to be disciplined to prove to myself i can do this and if i bink into a main event for a small amount well thats just a added bonus i have learnt the value of money when having no job so i wont make a mistake like i have in the past learn by ya mistakes

Im glad i lost £600 in the roullette last year best thing that coulda happened to me i have come back stronger as a person and that will never happen again it takes summit in life pain etc to come bk as a better person and i feel i have turned over a new leaf and i wanna do this for my dad n make him proud :) and not be a waster all my life
  • edited January 2013
    every nite i go over my hh for 20 minutes and have a look on what i coulda done better the old me just blames the other person for calling my raises with garbage but end of day its what i do that matters not the opponent

Tikay said once its what u do that matters if u raise and they have say j 7 and they hit and u have ak U WANT THEM TO CALL WITH  J 7      90 per cent of times u win here

when u go all in with the best hand and they get lucky i used to say what the heck how can u call there u soooooo lucky but now i see it as well i wanted them to call im miles ahead im just diferent mentally about the game and feel alot better for it
  • edited January 2013
    Well what I mean is your playing 350 bi's, which you want to turn into 1000 bi's. So it's still relative regardless of the amount of £'s Guess just play tons of volume @ £10 MTT's + do sats like .03% BRM sounds like a good idea The idea not to play above £11 mtts is not becuase i cant afford it its just to be disciplined to prove to myself i can do this and if i bink into a main event for a small amount well thats just a added bonus i have learnt the value of money when having no job so i wont make a mistake like i have in the past learn by ya mistakes Im glad i lost £600 in the roullette last year best thing that coulda happened to me i have come back stronger as a person and that will never happen again it takes summit in life pain etc to come bk as a better person and i feel i have turned over a new leaf and i wanna do this for my dad n make him proud :) and not be a waster all my life
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Playing just £11 MTT's & SAT's is a great idea, playing <1% BRM for MTT's is a good idea.
    Forget the past we all make mistakes and throw away money because we all like a gamble.

Yeah make ya Dad proud.

gl

• edited January 2013
    In Response to My challenge for this year Mtts only to turn 3.5k into 10k:
    My goal is to turn my bankroll atm 3.5k into 10k by the end of the year By doing this i am only going to play mtts as i think this is where i have an edge £11 buy ins or less unless i sattelite in via frenzys I think i will do this as i am alot more disciplined now i dnt play cash hardly at all now i dnt take shots if i do play cash its on the tv shows when they have mastercash on for an hour All my other team members of  Team munky wish me luck hope u do aswell goodluck at the tables may see u on there :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Wish you all the best with this mate however i think its pretty unrealistic as your volume of games will be nowhere near high enough.  You say you are not going to play in the main event unless you satelite in you will need to play all the main events and hopefully get a few binks in them if you are to achieve this.  Also there simply isnt enough volume of tournaments on sky to just play tournamants up to £11.  Your volume needs to be extremely high for you to achieve this and would need to spread your roll across 2 or 3 sites so you can achieve enough volume.

Im not doubding your ability to win this i just think your volume is going to have to be crazy if you are to win this from £11 and under mtts.  To achieve this i think your volume will need to be around 5000 mtts this year at least.
  • edited January 2013
    Rough calc in head means you gotta earn £130 per week?  (6,500/50) With the downswings in MTT's it's gonna be a tough/great challenge.  Will watch with interest & Good luck donk!
  • edited January 2013
    Ty glenelg n bearlyther

Atm im winning about £150 a week but i have been on a heater i know its going to be a big step to make 5 figures but i sure will give it a go tbh in mtts i know variance is high but i dnt get frustrated in mtts pay ya money u know where u are u lose with aa u just lose ya buy in where as cash i get more frustrated if u lose with aa your talking a buy in so £50 on 50 nl where as like i say lose it in a mtt only lose ya £5.50 or whatever it is

I agree with bearlythere will be very hard to do as there not enuff mtts during the afternoon
  • edited January 2013
    You've got a 3.5k roll! Just buy into the mains. If your not going to play anything over £11 then you might as well cash out to 1k and spend the money on something of interest or even just put it into an interest account ready for when you move out.
  • edited January 2013
    As others have said, good luck but gonna be very hard for even the best players on the site with the amount of volume you could do at these levels. It's not just daytime that's the problem, it's night time too, if you aint playing MEs, there's probably 10 tournies every day with a decent buy-in/prizepool max.

It's easy saying you win £150 a week now, but play long enough and there WILL be periods where you go a month (or longer) without a single cash, if you play 100 tournies a month that is gonna be like £600+ (which is why I think your BRM plan is good).

MTTs as you know are pretty ridic soft on here so you will have no problem turning a profit, but 6.5k in 11 months is a tall order.

Look at this...

http://www.sharkscope.com/#Leaderboards//2012/Scheduled-by-Network/Sky

And I bet all of them have a few nice ME cashes to help with that.

EDIT: Make sure you update this properly!!! You started a Turbo DYM diary last year and it lasted about a week lol. If you're really gonna do this, and you do have new discipline, then knuckle down, be honest, and crack on!
  • edited January 2013
    First: 10/6/2009
    Last: 16/1/2013
    You've got a 3.5k roll! Just buy into the mains. If your not going to play anything over £11 then you might as well cash out to 1k and spend the money on something of interest or even just put it into an interest account ready for when you move out.

Hi flashflush i withdraw every 2 weeks to pay for rent etc and other things if i wanna go out with m8es or if i wanna but stuff so every 2 weeks i withdraw £150 and that covers me for the 2 weeks i only pay £60 a fortnight rent so gives me £90 to spend on what i like a nite out or buy summit i like to keep my roll on here dont ask me why if i withdraw a lump sum i will start chasing to get it back probs lol
  • edited January 2013
    Need to do some stuff in the afternoons to keep me occupied was think dyms but i play them for a few days but get bored after a while i feel like a robot playing them no offence to people who play them

As i dont play an mtt till about 3.30 pm might by myself a bike or take up a new hobbie get bored during the afternoon saying that i been playing snooker lately down my local club but i wanna lose some weight so might get a bike or exercise bike or summit with my winnings
  • edited January 2013
    mbn from a £3 all in sattleite :)

IDONKCALLU240001Entry to £5,000 B/Hunter
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck with this matey. Might be worth doing what bear said and transfer some funds over to another site which have regular tournaments running all way through the day.
  • edited January 2013
    Day 1 of my Challenge

thebosun    34000    1    £32.50
    ford11    0    2    £17.50                                   £3.30 rebuy tourney     £50 gtd
    The_hedge    0    3   
    donnabelucky    0    4                                       done add on of £3.30 aswell so -£6.60
    IDONKCALLU    0    5   
    federer11    0    6   
    Stevie9843    0    7   
    eskiiboy31    0    8

gazza127    52000    1    £25
    snorky    0    2    £15                                       £2.20 rebuy speed mtt    £50 gtd
    vodkate    0    3    £10
    IDONKCALLU    0    4                                        done 1 rebuy and 1 add on  so loss - £6.60
    lizhard    0    5

IDONKCALLU    49500    1    £32.50                    £3.30 rebuy  mtt   £50 gtd
    craig271081    0    2    £17.50               
    sig19    0    3                                                   done  addon  aswell of £3.30  so + £25.90  profit

IDONKCALLU    31000    1    £32.50
    aceMace    0    2    £17.50                                 £3.30 rebuy  mtt  £50 gtd
    ZOED    0    3                                                   done add on aswell £3.30   so + £25.90

IDONKCALLU    0    208                                     played £5.50 mini deepstack lost a flip so - £5.50

IDONKCALLU    0    26    £18.75 Head Prizes    1   in from £3 all in sat was running well untill my aj lost to k j
                                                                            sb v bb oh well thats mtt variance for ya still profit + 15.75

Total profit £48.85

So summary of day 1

This is all i play pretty much apart from a few more £5.50 mtts and a few more £3.30 turbos but didnt play them tonight as concentrating on main n mini but was a good day with 4 cashes out of 6 mtts so im more then happy

Bankroll start of the day £3500

Balance now £3548.85    profit + £48.85

C4p 1238 = £12.38
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks bighawk i wont go to another site as i like sky i prefer playing in £££££ and theres to many playing on another site to many mtts to choose from does my nut in i like sky just a selective amount

hows the cash going for u still playing 50 nl and are u going for the cash champ promo ?
  • edited January 2013
    GL sir! hope you smash it!
  • edited January 2013
    true u gotta play volume each day, no point messing about with mtt < £11 with you roll

transfer to another site some monies and play MTT's

if your serious about doing this and nothing else, you'll need to spread your wings for the games u need

Not doing so would be silly

• edited January 2013
    if you do decide to transfer to another site, which I don't think you will, you'd prob have to learn much more and become a much much much better player to make a living. Much tougher games, have to adapt to ante's, wayyy bigger fields, etc etc etc..
  • edited January 2013
    if you do decide to transfer to another site, which I don't think you will, you'd prob have to learn much more and become a much much much better player to make a living. Much tougher games, have to adapt to ante's, wayyy bigger fields, etc etc etc..
    Posted by percival09

what other choice does he have to get the volume in each day
    if you have not already IdCU, get a new pc - how many tables u play
    PC being imo the most important thing in your job )
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: My challenge for this year Mtts only to turn 3.5k into 10k : what other choice does he have to get the volume in each day if you have not already IdCU, get a new pc - how many tables u play PC being imo the most important thing in your job )
    Posted by rancid
    no I agree, but I just think IDCU is too much of a Sky lover ;-) If you're looking to be a proper pro from mtts obv you have to play on the main site, and other sites too. Anyway idcu you don't wanna do that, you seem to enjoy the game, don't burden yourself and destroy your love for the game by playing 50 mtts a day with 500+ fields. Stick w/ Sky brooooooooooooooo
  • edited January 2013
    Ivs played on 4 other sites not i think the fields are softer i just prefer playing in ££££ i dnt like waiting 7 days when u make a withdraw i do like overlay aswell on othersites dnt get this on sky i try and spot abit of value
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks bighawk i wont go to another site as i like sky i prefer playing in £££££ and theres to many playing on another site to many mtts to choose from does my nut in i like sky just a selective amount hows the cash going for u still playing 50 nl and are u going for the cash champ promo ?
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Going well thanks, was playing nl50 for abit but for this promo makes more sense playing nl20-40. not sure if i can really finish in top 10 tbh i didnt hear about it till today and been quite busy would like to earn abit of cash tho.
  • edited January 2013
    As others have said, good luck but gonna be very hard for even the best players on the site with the amount of volume you could do at these levels. It's not just daytime that's the problem, it's night time too, if you aint playing MEs, there's probably 10 tournies every day with a decent buy-in/prizepool max. It's easy saying you win £150 a week now, but play long enough and there WILL be periods where you go a month (or longer) without a single cash, if you play 100 tournies a month that is gonna be like £600+ (which is why I think your BRM plan is good). MTTs as you know are pretty ridic soft on here so you will have no problem turning a profit, but 6.5k in 11 months is a tall order. Look at this... http://www.sharkscope.com/#Leaderboards//2012/Scheduled-by-Network/Sky And I bet all of them have a few nice ME cashes to help with that. EDIT: Make sure you update this properly!!! You started a Turbo DYM diary last year and it lasted about a week lol. If you're really gonna do this, and you do have new discipline, then knuckle down, be honest, and crack on!
    Posted by Lambert180
    I pretty much always agree with what Lambert says but with the bolded part...

I understand there will be periods where he wont cash but given the volume Steve will HAVE to play to get the numbers he is after I think you should change month to week and with that the fields in the tournaments IDCU will be playing aren't that big so I dont think you should be experiencing such large variance on sky, if it was stars then fine as field sizes can be huge but not sky.  

Steve - How many games have you been playing in an average week?

Good luck with diary and the challenge. I will follow with interest!

Matt