You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My challenge for this year Mtts only to turn 3.5k into 10k

Comments

• edited January 2013
    good luck with it im not bothering as i know u have to put sick volume in to make top 5 cba with it tbh and it makes u play when u dont feel like playing :/
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: My challenge for this year Mtts only to turn 3.5k into 10k:
    good luck with it im not bothering as i know u have to put sick volume in to make top 5 cba with it tbh and it makes u play when u dont feel like playing :/
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    LOL another great IDCU idea up the swan after less than 24 hours
  • edited January 2013
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

LOL another great IDCU idea up the swan after less than 24 hours

I was talking to bighawk about the cash champ promo thats running for 2 weeks playing just cash tables only
  • edited January 2013
    First: 4/4/2011
    Last: 17/1/2013
    As others have said, good luck but gonna be very hard for even the best players on the site with the amount of volume you could do at these levels. It's not just daytime that's the problem, it's night time too, if you aint playing MEs, there's probably 10 tournies every day with a decent buy-in/prizepool max. It's easy saying you win £150 a week now, but play long enough and there WILL be periods where you go a month (or longer) without a single cash, if you play 100 tournies a month that is gonna be like £600+ (which is why I think your BRM plan is good). MTTs as you know are pretty ridic soft on here so you will have no problem turning a profit, but 6.5k in 11 months is a tall order. Look at this... http://www.sharkscope.com/#Leaderboards//2012/Scheduled-by-Network/Sky And I bet all of them have a few nice ME cashes to help with that. EDIT: Make sure you update this properly!!! You started a Turbo DYM diary last year and it lasted about a week lol. If you're really gonna do this, and you do have new discipline, then knuckle down, be honest, and crack on!
    Posted by Lambert180

I pretty much always agree with what Lambert says but with the bolded part...

I understand there will be periods where he wont cash but given the volume Steve will HAVE to play to get the numbers he is after I think you should change month to week and with that the fields in the tournaments IDCU will be playing aren't that big so I dont think you should be experiencing such large variance on sky, if it was stars then fine as field sizes can be huge but not sky.  

Steve - How many games have you been playing in an average week?

Good luck with diary and the challenge. I will follow with interest!

Matt

Hi matt an average day i play about 10 mtts a day so on average 70 a week most of em are small 1s tho £50 gtd id say 5 of them are this

I still play frenzys as i do pretty well at them theres usually 8 frenzys on a day £1.80 rebuys for a £33 mtt and most rebuys i do are normally 5-6 so max it would cost me is around £11 - £12 and i normally cash 1 in 2 so i make a nice profit on these i make as much money on frenzys atm then i do on mtts before i posted this challenge was earning £80 on frenys  and £70 on mtts on avearge in a weekly basis

Im not saying i will do it but its a target i want to acheive it will be hard as i withdraw £150 every 2 weeks atm for rent and the rest like to spend it or go out etc

so with that in mind it will be hard im gonna have to make £800 a month on poker to do this as £300 a month i will be withdrawing i dnt think its out of the question but it it will be difficult but a challenge im looking forward 2
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck with this matey. Might be worth doing what bear said and transfer some funds over to another site which have regular tournaments running all way through the day.
    Posted by BigHawk89
    Yes definately has to be the way to go there just simply isnt enough volume of tournamants on here to achieve this imo.  I have got my roll spread out over 3 different sites.
  • edited January 2013
    MattBates Posts: 196 First: 4/4/2011 Last: 17/1/2013 In Response to Re: My challenge for this year Mtts only to turn 3.5k into 10k : As others have said, good luck but gonna be very hard for even the best players on the site with the amount of volume you could do at these levels. It's not just daytime that's the problem, it's night time too, if you aint playing MEs, there's probably 10 tournies every day with a decent buy-in/prizepool max. It's easy saying you win £150 a week now, but play long enough and there WILL be periods where you go a month (or longer) without a single cash , if you play 100 tournies a month that is gonna be like £600+ (which is why I think your BRM plan is good). MTTs as you know are pretty ridic soft on here so you will have no problem turning a profit, but 6.5k in 11 months is a tall order. Look at this... http://www.sharkscope.com/#Leaderboards//2012/Scheduled-by-Network/Sky And I bet all of them have a few nice ME cashes to help with that. EDIT: Make sure you update this properly!!! You started a Turbo DYM diary last year and it lasted about a week lol. If you're really gonna do this, and you do have new discipline, then knuckle down, be honest, and crack on! Posted by Lambert180 I pretty much always agree with what Lambert says but with the bolded part... I understand there will be periods where he wont cash but given the volume Steve will HAVE to play to get the numbers he is after I think you should change month to week and with that the fields in the tournaments IDCU will be playing aren't that big so I dont think you should be experiencing such large variance on sky, if it was stars then fine as field sizes can be huge but not sky.   Steve - How many games have you been playing in an average week? Good luck with diary and the challenge. I will follow with interest! Matt Hi matt an average day i play about 10 mtts a day so on average 70 a week most of em are small 1s tho £50 gtd id say 5 of them are this I still play frenzys as i do pretty well at them theres usually 8 frenzys on a day £1.80 rebuys for a £33 mtt and most rebuys i do are normally 5-6 so max it would cost me is around £11 - £12 and i normally cash 1 in 2 so i make a nice profit on these i make as much money on frenzys atm then i do on mtts before i posted this challenge was earning £80 on frenys  and £70 on mtts on avearge in a weekly basis  Im not saying i will do it but its a target i want to acheive it will be hard as i withdraw £150 every 2 weeks atm for rent and the rest like to spend it or go out etc so with that in mind it will be hard im gonna have to make £800 a month on poker to do this as £300 a month i will be withdrawing i dnt think its out of the question but it it will be difficult but a challenge im looking forward 2
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

With a 3k+ roll it's gotta be worth sticking $100 on another site. You can still play the 10 per day here on sky but there's loads more to chose from elsewhere, it's not gonna hurt, like 60 quid. 

That's 40/50 buy ins @ mtts with $1.5k+ ftw. 

It's pretty tough finding a site you aren't already banned from though right? ;) 

Loved this line "I like overlay so I like it here" ha. lol @ sky. 

Good Luck with the diary, seems quite a nitty strategy but nothing wrong with that. 

• edited January 2013
    I never understand the logic in questioning how realistic these challenges are. Just go for it, if you get to 10k excellent - if you 'fail' and get to 8k excellent.

You seem to be doing well on Sky so you obviously want to stick with them. 

I would agree that you should maybe look at making a small investment on another site though...

Anyway, good luck!
  • edited January 2013
    Loads of people have agreed with depositing to another site donk we are trying to help you achieve your goals so please take it on board. There are some brilliant tournaments playing throughout the day from buy in as small as 2.20$ with 4 figures up top. Just worth a try, I know your loyal to sky but this isn't 'cheating' on it lol.
  • edited January 2013
    I am going against what everyone else is saying but at the moment I don't think you should play elsewhere. Tournaments on sky are a lot different to stars. 6 max v full ring also antes and size of field make tournaments massively different.

The variance on these sites are huge (I know I have played over 6000 tournaments on the big sites). You will need to invest a lot of time and effort and unless you are extrmely lucky lose a fair bit in the process.

My advice would be increase volume on sky. You say you play on average 10 tournaments a day, how many tables are you playing at the same time?

Secondly I would suggest increasing stakes as you go along but record your results so you know what your profitable games are. I would increase the stakes by saying when I get my balance to £x I will start playing y tournament in my nightly schedule.

Just my thoughts

Again, best of luck with the challenge

Matt
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck.

there is def more than 10 tournies that you should be playing per day on Sky with suitable BIs.

I'd be playing all the BHs sub 22 if I was you as well as your usual games and the normal 5.50/11 tournies too that are like 250/300/500 GTD.
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks guys for your support have another site i go on as i self excluded myself from vegas and all gambling on sky bet

i put my bets on another site that give far better odds they have a good pokersite there its linked with l a db rokes  i wont name the site but dohhhhhh knows what it is so i might deposit £100 on there this challenge is only on sky tho no other site

good luck at the tables and once again thanks for ya support guys
  • edited January 2013
    Loving the easy to read format )
  • edited January 2013
    u being sarcastic lol
  • edited January 2013
    The thing is matt i rarely multitable on mtts as in the afternoon there are not that many and at nite probably playing 3 at a time  main event mini and another lil 1
  • edited January 2013
    Day 2

Summary been a quite day not played much as i went out n played some snooker so just played a few made a lil profit

IDONKCALLU    12000    1    £50                         £5.50 rebuy   £50 gtd
    CHWARAEWR    0    2   
    dappadon    0    3                                             done a add on for £5.50    profit + £39
    rogers01    0    4

Pokerator    26000    1    £50                            £3.30 rebuy   £50gtd
    ford11    0    2   
    IDONKCALLU    0    3                                        done a rebuy and a add on  loss - £9.90
    bckneil    0    4                                               
    ParaNorm    0    5

Big_Reg    8000    1    £50                                £5.50 rebuy   £50gtd
    shaney877    0    2   
    IDONKCALLU    0    3                                        done a add on for £5.50      loss  - £11

IDONKCALLU    0    156        0                           £5.50 mini bounty hunter     loss - £5.50

IDONKCALLU    4000    4    £15k Sky Sports BH    sattelite into main even from a £1.90 frenzy don 4 rebuys
                                                                         cost me £9.50 in total

IDONKCALLU    0    119    £14.06 Head Prizes     from a £9.50 sattelite into the main so profit + £4.56

1st in the £50 gtd 1 with 4 players covered my day made a small profit all adds up tho

Total profit of the day £17.16

Start of day 2

£3548.85
    Balance end of day 2  £3566.01

C4p start of day 1238  £12.38

c4p end of day 1325  £13.25

might play a £2.20 sng b4 n thats it for another nite
  • edited January 2013
    The thing is matt i rarely multitable on mtts as in the afternoon there are not that many and at nite probably playing 3 at a time  main event mini and another lil 1
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    This is the point!

There aren't enough on here for you to be able to play 6 MTTs at once (for instance) most of the time and unless you're gonna rely on running really well and getting a few tasty binks, you're gonna need to put some sick volume in to get this done.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: My challenge for this year Mtts only to turn 3.5k into 10k : This is the point! There aren't enough on here for you to be able to play 6 MTTs at once (for instance) most of the time and unless you're gonna rely on running really well and getting a few tasty binks, you're gonna need to put some sick volume in to get this done.
    Posted by Lambert180
    If you include sats then I am sure you can find 6 tables all evening over say an 8hour period based on the buy ins IDCU has restricted himself to. I guess the key is whether IDCU can multi table that many tables as currently he is playing 3 at a time.
  • edited January 2013
    most i can play is 4 :( got a cr appy laptop tbh most i can multitable is 6 when i had my old pc people have said why dnt i get a better set up so i can play more tables but if i can only play 6 tables maximum is there any point as i can do 4 tables on a laptop ?
  • edited January 2013
    spend £600 get a new PC - play as many tables as possible - increase volume

Can't see why you wouldn't be to play more than 6 tables, MTT's ain't taxing early doors )

If your serious about playing poker and not getting a job then you have to invest in the right tools, do it now.

Sure you can play 6+ MTT's at once

• edited January 2013
    Good luck with this. I knew there was something different about your posts and rancid pointed it out. You've discovered paragraphs!
  • edited January 2013
    Good luck with this. I knew there was something different about your posts and rancid pointed it out. You've discovered paragraphs!
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    I still prefer it the old way:

Thanks guys for your support have another site i go on as i self excluded myself from vegas and all gambling on sky bet i put my bets on another site that give far better odds they have a good pokersite there its linked with l a db rokes  i wont name the site but dohhhhhh knows what it is so i might deposit £100 on there this challenge is only on sky tho no other site good luck at the tables and once again thanks for ya support guys
  • edited January 2013
    I was being sarcastic, it's bit lkie a cdoe yuo ndee to braek
  • edited January 2013
    You konw as lnog as the frsit and lsat ltreetrs are crocret the hmaun bairn can sltil raed it

really wasnt worth doing that
  • edited January 2013
    Get a proper set up, you don't have to spend loads but even I can play 6/7 tables on a laptop I paid £300 about 18-24 months ago.

As others have said, if you're gonna take it serious you need to play more tables. You might not be able to play 10 tables at first, but no-one could until they practiced! Get a setup that can play a lot of tables (doesn't have to be expensive), play 6, then after a while add another MTT or even just a DYM or something, might feel a lot at first but stick at it and you'll get used to it.

It takes time but come on if Devon can play 18, then you can do bloody 10!
  • edited January 2013
    my laptop wnt let me load more then 6 tables my tables start to freeze up if i do the software is ***** but yeah when i make some more monies might take a lil bit out n get a new set up
  • edited January 2013
    my laptop wnt let me load more then 6 tables my tables start to freeze up if i do the software is ***** but yeah when i make some more monies might take a lil bit out n get a new set up
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Look at the title of your thread lol. You've spun it up to 3.5k. You could buy a good enough set up and still have 3k left which is more than enough to play £11 MTTs
  • edited January 2013
    i know i do need to do summit if i wanna do this full time just rather spend money on pool cue tennis racket golf clubs hobbies i like rather then a computer and like going out with m8es get drunk :p way i see it aslong as i can play poker its good dnt matter how gd or bad it is haha
  • edited January 2013
    Think of it this way, say when you're playing you make on average £10 per hour (not saying you do) but can only play 4 tables.

Start with 6 tables and that could/should go to say £14 per hour (not quite 50% extra cos you may lose some player dependent decisions occasionally etc)

£4 per hour, play 6 hours in a day, that's £24.

Play for 20 days of 1 month, that's £480 you've lost out on, and that would be your PC paid for :)

If you wanna do it as a job, then treat it as one, you wouldn't see Ronnie O'Sullivan playing with a £10 cue would ya?
  • edited January 2013
    yeah he would still beat every 1 in sight :p
  • edited January 2013
    yeah he would still beat every 1 in sight :p
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Lol he probably would.

But he doesnt anyway, cos every small edge helps :p