You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's live show - with James, Carlo & special guest Sam Razavi (***OFFICIAL THREAD***)

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
After a brief hiatus, the live, five-hour Sky Poker TV experience is back on channel 861 (and Sky Sports 4 from 10pm).

And, after an extended break, I'm also back! I woke up this morning in a state of total confusion. What day is it? What time is it? Where am I? Wherever it is, it's significantly colder than the Bahamas...

Hopefully, Carlos is in a less vegetative state than me, and will be able to guide you through the following in expert fashion:

7pm - Live coverage of a £600 Timed Tournament (starting at 7.15pm)
8pm - The Poker Clinic
9pm - Rapid-fire action from the Master Cash tables
10pm - Top of the Pots
11pm - Highlights from the £15k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter

And we'll have a guest in the studio, in the form of this chap:

Since we last saw him, in the wake of his UKIPT victory, Sam Razavi has had an INCREDIBLE twelve months on the tournament circuit, winning APPT/ANZPT and APT titles, and making final tables on the LAPT and WPT!

If you have something you'd like to say to Sam, a question you'd like him to answer, or a hand you'd like him to analyse, please get in touch.

The authors of the THREE best contributions (received before 9.45pm) will receive FREE entry into Sunday's Mini Primo.

E-mail:  skyopen@bskyb.com
Twitter:  #SkyPokerTV

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hi looking forward to the show tonight guys.  Question for Sam with regards to omaha.  Does he play Omaha aswell and if so does he think its the future instead of nl holdem?  Ive started trying to learn the game of omaha in the last few weeks.  There is some people who say there is a lot more value in omaha at the moment than there is in holdem as a lot of people dont know what they are doing in it yet and will go broke with marginal hands and there is some pros who have made the transition to omaha simply because they think there is value in the game at the moment.  Do you think there will be an omaha boom period anytime soon?

• edited January 2013
    Have a great show tonight guys

so sam razavi and carlo in the same room i wonder what sam has instore for carlo in the prob bet he lost :)
  • edited January 2013
    Hi guys, looking forward to the show tonight especially after we had no show on tuesday!! should be an entertaining evening in store with carlo & sam in the same room!! Will James get a word in edgeways!! lol
  • edited January 2013
    With the new tescos  horse burger  out

Carlo has a new catchphrase horsssssssseeeeeeee me down :) not saying u look like a horse but the brown tan and the teeth like simon cowell u can spot a mile of i say no more :)
  • edited January 2013
    Can u show this hand on the poker clinic hr

My question is  is it ok to call flop and when the opponent barrels is it a call or fold ?

action table 31

• edited January 2013
    good evening james carlo and sam
    well done on an excellent year of poker sam.
    are english poker players classed as the best in the world.
    carlo wheres your dress.
    all the best rainman 397
  • edited January 2013
    I remember Sam giving an interview in which he said poker wasn't going to be his whole life and when he had enough moniez in the bank, he was going to go back to acting. With his recent sucess,is he anywhere near to doing this???
  • edited January 2013
    Many congratulations on your amazing year Mr Razavi. Which one of your many triumphs in poker this year has given you the most personal pleasure?

Also if you are not doing anything on Monday night would Sam like to play the forum dtd? An amazing night of poker with three deepstack tournies and your best two results counting for an free tournament entry. If Sam is a bit short of cash I don't mind staking him the £5.50 entry fee. 

Run golden everyone and have fun on the tables
  • edited January 2013
    Hi guys,
    Have you ever watched deal or no  deal? I always wonder if a proper poker player (i.e. Carlo and Sam) was on he could never deal as the odds to go on would always be better than dealing, therefore forget the hour long show and open the box picked by the player. i.m.o. Great show
  • edited January 2013

I cannot believe them pair were calling for cards to bust my jacks then!

Q for Sam. I mainly play online but last year got my 1st flag on the HM (thin brag). I am hoping to play more live games this year. Should I have a seperate BR for live or just use my online BR but take in account of travel expenses and hotels/beer money etc?

Q for Carlos Are you Sams twin brother?
  • edited January 2013
    Question for Sam :

Sam seems to be always chatting/laughing & being generally a fun guy to have on your table, but does he reign it when going deep in a tourny/approaching the final table ??

Once on the FT do you ever start thinking about the big money jumps or does it never even enter your head ??

Break a leg & have a good show
    Goody
  • edited January 2013
    Evening gents

Looking forward to the show

My question for Sam, in your opinion who is the best UK player in the following categories

Cash player
    Online MTT
    Live MTT
    Player to watch in 2013

Finally a massive plus one to the comments about the Brit rails. I was playing in a tournament at the Rio this year when Chris Brammer was on the 6max ft. The atmosphere was so good and it was very amusing seeing the reaction of the players on my table who didn't really know what was going on.

Matt
  • edited January 2013
    Hi James Carlo Sam

Hand ref 610950047 from Master Cash
    Can you tell me if its too nitty to fold this hand in this spot?

I knew the shover was playing quite tilt-y and showed a complete bluff 3 high the hand before so I wanted to call, but the other caller I was wary as he was quite tight up till then.

Folded as I thought my 99 wasnt the only overpair out there, but not sure if I would call or fold this spot in future.

Cheers guys 
    Reece
    CUFCrp90
  • edited January 2013
    600 tv timed tourney

question is my call preflop ok i was going to 4 bet pre

on the turn is it ok to fold here
  • edited January 2013
    Evening chaps and congrats to Sam on a great year!

Questions for Sam
    Q1. Which actor do you most admire or aspire to be as good as?

Q2. What's your opinion of final table deals? Personally I won't take a deal unless it was considerably in my favour. Are you of the opinion that FTs are so fea and far between that you HAVE to give it your best chance to take down the lot, or do you prefer a lower variance route?

P.S. I asked for a hand to be shown in the clinic tonight, if it gets shown, please note that I'm never folding the hand this deep, it's more about the best route to take from the turn onwards... just keep calling to keep his range as wide as possible or raise cos he already looks committed.
  • edited January 2013
    Could you show this hand please from 20NL mastercash. What do you think is the best line on the flop? I was tempted to raise as I normally would in similar spots when the pot has gone HU. I was worried a raise here looks too strong and I might get 2 folds which ok is not the end of the world but I'm happy for a call.

Hand History #609427659 (19:52 13/01/2013)

• edited January 2013
    Guys, I'm never ever folding AK there, not even for a split second did it cross my mind. My question was more about whether it's better to flat the turn to keep his range wider or is he already committed.
  • edited January 2013

Hi again guys
    I hear there is an s.p.t. in Dublin.
    Are ye coming over and have ye ever played over here. Good craic even if ya get a bad beat. Bad hangovers though!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2013
    How many acting lessons did Sam give Carlo for him to be able to portray a poker player convincingly??
  • edited January 2013
    Thanks for the analysis earlier chaps!

My question to Sam is an obvious one.

Coming off an amazing year (only two players in the entire world have had more cashes apparently) what does 2013 hold in store for Sam Razavi?

Reece
  • edited January 2013
    Hey guys great show, going back to the 'will omaha take over holdem conversation' i can understand why sam & carlo said no. I went into the lobby to play a dym a few months ago & by mistake clicked the omaha dym rather than the holdem dym. I had not not noticed my mistake until the cards were dealt out and i had four rather than two!!! Having never played omaha before didnt really know what i was doing. Surprisingly went on to make the top 3 in first place & so doubling my money!! I can now quite comprehensively say omaha is very complicated & dont think will ever overtake holdem!!!
  • edited January 2013
    That 99 v 88 was brilliant TV!
  • edited January 2013
    CUFC

Having the 99s I quite enjoyed it as well!
  • edited January 2013
    What does James think about the American Football play offs at the weekend?  Does he regret calling Atlanta a team on the decline before the season started and tipping Tampa to win their division?
  • edited January 2013
    Don't panic you got it correct it was me that you met in Luton. Congrats on remembering i know i wasn't that rememerable sitting there pretty quiet as i kaking myself for the amount of money i was playing for and how much i had already won! As it is all went well was a pretty easy table to play at everyone was either alot better than me or alot worse won pots of the worse stay out of the way of the better happy days went on to win the most money i have ever won in a game of poker £420 profit :)

Great show so far guys, in regards to the A3d hand i usually fold to the 3bet pre but know villian is capable of 3betting worse there was hoping to push off villian on the river feeling he had a medium pair 8s-10s sort of thing but i can definatly see why checking behind would be a better play.

Would like to add the show is great tonight Sam makes the show great fun

James

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show - with James, Carlo & special guest Sam Razavi (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    CUFC Having the 99s I quite enjoyed it as well!
    Posted by memfno
    memfno if i was you I wouldn't have been around to see the turn and river having smashed my laptop up in rage at that flop!!

the presenters cracking up over it was brilliant too. this is why i love poker!
  • edited January 2013
    hi guys

great to see sam back on sky. got a few questions

Is poker these days more about quantity than quality?
    what i mean is does carlo and sam believe an average player can run  up great amounts of cash by multi tabling and dedicating 12 - 18 hour sessions. where as before the boom the likes of ivey brunson hellmuth etc etc had to play well and ensure they were better than the rest to make alot of cash as they really only had live games with less hands and less games.

can i also ask sam if he still has his target of 1 mill and out of the game or has he maybe even beat the target but cant leave the game?

and who i the most interesting person sam has meet on his travels at the tables?

P.S. CARLO YOUR LOOKING SUAVE

thanks drrungood
  • edited January 2013
    Hey guys, - great show. Nice to have Mr. Razavi on for some comedic relief (other than Carlo)

Just on a break and am on the cusp of my best MTT on sky Poker to date. Only 191 runners I grant you, but with 21 left, - I'm 8th and the top 16 get paid, plus I've already made a profit through head prizes.

Wish me luck, - I really  really want to go deep in this ( final table ideally!).

cheers guys, keep up the good work.

- PuppetJacks.

*update*
    -----------Shoved with A-9. called by 8s. busted in 13th, ...which I'm happy with tbh! ----------------
  • edited January 2013
    Hey guys, great show tonight. Question for Sam & Carlo. when your bankroll got to such a level where you started playing the game for a living, do you take a said ammount out of your bankroll per week or month to live on or do you just take it as it comes? or does this depend on wether your a cash or tournament player? Many Thanks Stuart.
  • edited January 2013
    Congrats to Mohican and MattBates who win free entry in to Sunday night's mini event at 8.15pm!