You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday night live with Sarah Champion and Ryan Spittles *****official show thread and competition!**

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
Happy weekend!  Perfect weather for poker playing eh?  Ryan and I will be braving the elements to head in for the live show so I'm posting a couple of topics ahead of it with prizes to be won!  Four contributions will be awarded free entry into Tuesday's Mini so here we go...

NAME THAT PLAYER!

Who is your favourite poker player and why?  At DTD Nottingham this poker pro montage adorns the wall, how many players can you name?  There was definitely one or two that had us scratching our heads...

Also since there's been a lot of talk of performance enhancing this week, if you could enhance your abilities in ANY way what 3 things would you choose to do?  (and have as much fun as you like with this one, mind reader, invisibility cloak etc!)

We're live from 7 with 'analyse my play' from the early stages of the Primo at 8 so if you're playing the Primo let us know!  We'll have master cash coverage from 9, Top Of Sky Poker at 10 covering the 30K Super Roller Satellite and highlights of the Primo from 11.

See you then!

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Happy Sunday!

So if we make it in through this snow we'll be picking 4 contributions to this thread for free entry into Tuesday's mini.  
    Will we name all the players on the montage by the end of the show?  Struggled at DTD Nottingham but I'll start with:

Jennifer Tilly!  Top row, second from right.

Also your super powers please, on or off the table, which 3 things would you LOVE to be able to do...

See you from 7

Sarah xx
  • edited January 2013
    Don't know any of them, but i,m sure i spotted a few of them on CRIME WATCH UK..

Powers.....Being able to walk on snow and ice.

Fold AA

Read Ryan's mind on what he REALLY thinks of some of the plays he see's.

• edited January 2013
    Almost impossible to tell even with that photo in "Large view" but as the leftmost one in the third row has a cowboy hat I would guess it's Doyle Brunson?
  • edited January 2013
    Bottom row second one in is Barry Greenstein then Phil Laak then Antonio Esfandiari, i think.
  • edited January 2013
    Sorry guys the quality's not the best I know!  Working on an improved version for the live show but I can give you top row third from left...  Tis our very own Julian Thew! 
  • edited January 2013
    Second row, third from right: Is that Joe Hachem?
    Also on the second row, on the far left, is that the undeniable pillar of the poker community Howard Lederer?
  • edited January 2013
    i can spot

antonio esfandiari  
    doyle brunson  
    the devilfish dave ulliot 
     barry greenstein  
    phil laak  
    chris ferguson
    andy black 
     the shark buenos 
    phil ivey 
    neil channing 
     romanello 
    howard lederer  
    eric seidel
  • edited January 2013
    2nd row, far right............gus hansen???
  • edited January 2013

the perfomance enhancing ability i would have is the ability to enter another persons life a see what it would be like being that person

• edited January 2013
    My fav poker player is tom  dwan   just fearlessssssss always puts u in tricky situations i remember 1 hand vs barry greenstein and peter eastgate  flop was 227  and i believe peter eastgate had q 2  and tom dwan had nothing and bet big on flop n turn and got eastgate to fold

when he plays its like your hypnotized and he always wins imo the best cash player ever
  • edited January 2013
    3rd row 2nd from right is i believe Stoke's Kev Bloor
  • edited January 2013
    Second row down far right is Gus Hansen. Top row in the middle with cowboy hat is Chris 'Jesus' Ferguson and Andy Black is on his direct right. I'm struggling to get any others that haven't already been spotted.
  • edited January 2013
    Dwan and ivey are my favourite players amazing to watch some of there moves 2 fearless players.  I also enjoy watching Phil Hellmuth and Tony G for comedy value but i think they are both awful players.  I have no idea how Phil has got all them bracelets as he still has no idea how to play a short stack.  Hellmuth runs like gold yet all he does is complain about his bad beads all for the tv cameras i think.
  • edited January 2013
    Is it just me or does the picture of Jennifer Tilly look a lot like Marilyn Manson??

Also 3rd from the right on the second row reminds me of a young Carlo Citrone
  • edited January 2013
    I think i'll have a go at this when we get a better picture up, my favourite player has to be daniel negreanu. Love is attitude towards the game and the way he plays.. and his hand reading skills are AMAZING!!!
  • edited January 2013
    My fav poker player is victor blom aka issdurr.
    fearless isn't the rigth word for him i just love the fact that he willing to play anyone for any stakes.

who esle muti tables ivey, dwan and antonieus heads up at the same time.

from the picture 

s soz about spelling 
    botton row starting from bottem right

eric linagren 
    the next three i don't no 
    antino esipada 
    phil laakk
    barry greenstien
    don't no

3row 
    doll bunson
    don't no
    devil fish 
    don;t no tjhe rest 

2nd row 
    howard leader 
    don't no the next 2

Marcello 'luck express' Marigliano 

the mouth 
    aussie million winer 
    don't no 
    gus hason

top row 
    don't no 
    hendon mob member
    don't no
    chris feguson 
    andy black
    shark 
    jen tily 
    don't no 

• edited January 2013
    I am amazed no-one has mentoned Victoria Coren!

She looks great!
    Gained her reoutation on merit not ego
    Is the ultimate professional!
    Doesn't suffer fools gladly!
    And is probably the best qualified to grammatically correct insults in the chat box!l
  • edited January 2013
    My favourite Poker player isn't one who has a celebrity status,... nor does he win an awful lot,...... It's ME!.

Reasons:
    When he wins,-I benefit,
    When he loses, - It helps me to learn,
    And above all I want me to win more than anybody else!

As for celebrity Poker players, It's probably Negreanu. His cheerful chatty demeanour comes across as a real nice guy, but all the while he's extracting valuable information. He's extremely clever and his reading skills are amazing.

As for how I'd like to improve with abilities: I'd like More patience, More concentration & the ability to freeze time (except for myself of course). So much mischief to be had.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm on the board!!!  I'm the one next to Chris Ferguson.  It was done a little while ago before my beard really kicked in.  Honest.  For super powers I would just like the power to bluff.  Bluffing is something I've never been able to do well and I want to improve on it.

My Favoutite pro player is Sam Razavi.  Great player and amazing fun on the tables and on twitter too.  I also have a soft spot for Ryan.  Mainly as he has shown it is possible to come from the levels I play to the very top of the game.  

I'm hoping to play the primo tonight for the first time this year, if I can get through this satillite!  Good luck all, run well and have fun
  • edited January 2013
    Hellmuth is a world class live mtt player anybody who doubts this presumably has not checked the record books for the last twenty years.

There have been countless occasions when he has recovered or nursed 4-6 bb stacks in a way only a player with his live experience would.

He is not a particularly great cash or online player but i dont think he purports to be. The very same fanboys who fawn over ivey never seem to criticise him for throwing away hundreds of thousand at the gaming tables most months.

All players have leaks whether they are a form of poker they are weaker in or another form of gambling.

Anyway i am sure Phil will console himself with his numerous bracelets and player of the year awards.

• edited January 2013
    My favourite "celebrity" player is Neil Channing.

Always entertaining, and has a very good game (both cash & tournaments). He has done as much as most to promote the game in this country (and promote his own site at the same time!)

It was gutting when he finished runner-up in that bracelet event at the WSOP last year although the $400K must have been most welcome!
  • edited January 2013
    Great show all.

Top 3 Super Powers I would love to have..

1) Shape Shifting - With that you can then turn anything into anything, the possibilities are endless!

2) Reality Warping - You can do anything with this. Cure any environment, instantly make world peace. Deal yourself Aces every hand!

3) Teleportation - You can be anywhere at any time, it would be fantastic. You see an awesome holiday advertised on TV, bang just teleport yourself to the resort!

Favourite big time player for me is Tony G, especially in his early days when he could not handle beats and would really interigate the opponent. Great viewing!
  • edited January 2013
    Sarah Ryan

Most people who don't like the end of Lost, didn't understand the end of Lost. If you understand the end of Lost, what's not to like about the end of Lost!

memfno

• edited January 2013
    Fav player.......Vanessa SELBST....technically superior. Great hand and player reading skill.
    Up and coming player to look out for......Ben Willonosky

Special Powers.......Be a winning poker player and give up my job within Civil service

You did ask!
  • edited January 2013
    One more...the person below Andy Black is Mike 'The Mouth' Matusow I think.
  • edited January 2013
    Ok here's one for you, my shout for two topclass cash players is yourself ryan & Redmond lee!!! and a quick question for ryan now we've mentioned both some good online players & live players, can both be as talented as each other or does one hold the upper hand?? Many thanks. Stuart
  • edited January 2013
    Good to see you back on the screen Sarah and WD to Ryan for his play in the £55 BH last night and well done to tommy D for his exploiys last night

I felt like a bit of an uderdog in that game last night after sateliting in for £6 and dint last to long although didn,t play that bad. Its well of my normal BR games tho but was good experience as welll

Doin ok tonight elsewhere after being 3rd from 16 out of 298 players at PLO, after cashing in last PLO MTT

have a goood
    show

Paul

EDIT - Didnt know youd not played HU before in agame with tommy - What a coinsidence after someone asked you on the last show who you thought was best player between you two
  • edited January 2013
    Hi great show again

i think best player ive seen play is eli elezra the guy just seems to have so much control and is fearless even when sitting across a cash table from the very best the game has to offer.

if i could have any ability it would be to hit whatever i need to win on river everytime ;)

just want to ask ryan what does he put as a priority winning at the tables or hitting his cash for points?
    would he sacrifice a winning month to play more table to hit points target?

thanks drrungood
  • edited January 2013
    Hi Sarah and Ryan.

Loving your work!

Can you please ask supernova to stop telling me what a bad player I am at tables.  Surely he would want me at his tables if I'm so bad.

P.S  I think he doesn't like me because we are rivals in the cash champion promo.  :-)

Ryan, I'm thinking of buying a better PC so I can play more tables but have been warned the software might be changing so to hold off for now.  

Would really appreciate if you could offer any advice.

Best Wishes,

Donttelmum

• edited January 2013
    Hi guys.
    Ryan when you are multi tableing  do you use special software to keep up and i assume you have 3 monitors @ least.
    Cheers great analysis