You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Antes for Mtts

2»

Comments

• edited January 2013
    I don't think beaneh was intending to be patronosing, and tbh his post doesn't even come across as condescending 
  • edited January 2013
    informing you of something you don't know is patronising now?  I thought it needed to be something you already knew.

wat does time have to do with the word consolidate. do I need to do more 'patronising' to explain what stacks consolidating actually means or how it affects the way stack depths are distributed?

or shall we all pretend we know stuff about stuff and be all like THIS BENEFITS ME SO LIKE LOLZ DO IT NO REASONINGS PROVIDEDAMENTS!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Antes for Mtts:
    I don't think beaneh was intending to be patronosing, and tbh his post doesn't even come across as condescending 
    Posted by percival09

maybe that one will :p

if they will ask for it.....
  • edited January 2013
    WOW.  i read it once and it sounded a bit patronising.  If you didnt mean it, fair enough - my mistake.  No need to go OTT about it
  • edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    WOW.  i read it once and it sounded a bit patronising.  If you didnt mean it, fair enough - my mistake.  No need to go OTT about it
    Posted by gazza127

when you give alot of free help, and a large proportion of people just rofl about try and argue a point that they cant argue whilst providing nothing to back it up AND/OR just talk in a totally self centered manner about what would benefit them and not a community as a whole it's pretty joke tilting. 

so yah no attitude in post one, dripping with sarcasm in post 2 :)
  • edited January 2013
    Right ok.  Good.  Thought id gone and pushed you majorly off the rails. Haha.  Just sharing my opinion, as you are.  Thats what forums are for after all.
  • edited January 2013
    gotta love dem sarcasms tho :p
  • edited January 2013
    Tough to tell written down. lol
  • edited January 2013
    just assume i'm a sarcy tw aaat
  • edited January 2013
    I hope antes never come. This site is 6 handed therefor way more action on it already than any of the other 10 handed sites. 6 handed + antes = complete donkfest shovathon crapshoot. 90% will hate it if they come.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    +1 no need on a six max site with the standard blind time of 10 mins and only 2000 starting stack change a few things like 15 min blinds and a 3-5 k starting stack and they might be useful. But never mind when they do come in and. Your j6 off beats bearlytheres ak h can still moan at you saying how you should never of been in the hand and how bad you are at poker
  • edited January 2013
    shocker the man giving all the arguments against ante's is a DYM player. Grimmest form of poker
    Posted by bolly580
    Interesting statement considering the last 5 and half years i've been playing poker I only started to play DYMs in November last year... oh yeah and finished in December last year also...
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Antes for Mtts : +1 no need on a six max site with the standard blind time of 10 mins and only 2000 starting stack change a few things like 15 min blinds and a 3-5 k starting stack and they might be useful. But never mind when they do come in and. Your j6 off beats bearlytheres ak h can still moan at you saying how you should never of been in the hand and how bad you are at poker
    Posted by rosjim1
    Could always have told me face to face in Nottingham if you had a problem with me or send me a pm and let me know what your problem is i could always tell the forum what you did in 1 of the £33 bounty hunters at 6pm or indeed customer service but choose not to say it here as it would be against forum rules.
  • edited January 2013
    yay SKY community - all hold hands )

bring in the antes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2013
    nitty lolregs - "please don't bring in antes we won't win anymore, it will take us ages to adapt to not folding down to 6bbs, win flip, fold down to 6bbs etc etc"

others - "please bring in antes, i'm so joke bored of this mind numblingly boring poker I'd rather do the housework at 8pm every night watch Corrie with the Mrs"
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Antes for Mtts : Could always have told me face to face in Nottingham if you had a problem with me or send me a pm and let me know what your problem is i could always tell the forum what you did in 1 of the £33 bounty hunters at 6pm or indeed customer service but choose not to say it here as it would be against forum rules.
    Posted by bearlyther
    DUM DUM DUM

THE PLOT THICKENS

tune in next week see how Ros Jim and Bearlythere resolve there on going conflict
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Antes for Mtts : Could always have told me face to face in Nottingham if you had a problem with me or send me a pm and let me know what your problem is i could always tell the forum what you did in 1 of the £33 bounty hunters at 6pm or indeed customer service but choose not to say it here as it would be against forum rules.
    Posted by bearlyther
    I don't have a problem I'm pointing out how you keep on banging on about wanting more action on here when you get it you don't like it. And if you remember I did talk to you at nottingham. Please let me know what I "did" in a 33 b hunter that was so wrong #castingaspersions
  • edited January 2013
    Another emotive subject I know, but please keep the chat polite folks.
  • edited January 2013
    (Gets popcorn ready and takes a comfy seat)
  • edited January 2013

I think they're at least 18 months away, probably 2/3 years. 

When TK used to post regularly on here he always made it clear that there are many things above them in the list of priorities. 

Pointless even debating it until all those things are here, then maybe they'll start thinking about antes. 

I'd take the overs on 24 months :(
  • edited January 2013
    I don't know why threads like this always have to get personal/emotional... Bearly, Beaneh + others want ante's... Me, Rosjim, gazza + others don't. We both put our arguments forward and that's that. It's not a personal attack on anyone, just different views. If we all wanted the same thing there would be no point in having a forum...
  • edited January 2013
    I am sure as the site naturally develops and moves forward that antes will come in due course to the relevant mtts. 

Personally, i can't wait for "preferred seat" and an improved note taking facility. hope these are not too far away... Dave? 
  • edited January 2013
    Shame dummies got spat, this was an interesting debate til then

I play more on Sky because there are no antes (or uncles...)