You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight On The Telly- Channel 861 Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stu- plus Best Alias vote for prizes

edited January 2013 in Poker Chat
A few favourites from me, off the top of my head...

Lolufold: one of those psychological ones, where it makes you not want to fold against this player and embarrass yourself for being weak, therefore causing you to make mistakes! It also helps that Redmond, the man behind the alias, is reasoanbly tidy at the game!

Eyeman: Simply because the man who has this name, Graham, is a real-life optometrist, so it's a cool name which also references his job.

Macapaca: an amusing one for those in the know. A character from the CBeebies show In The Night Garden. A knowing long-suffering nod to all the other dads on the site.

Worst alias: Scotty77 (Ryan Spittles)- not only is Scotty not Ryan's real name, but '77 is not the year he was born! Everyone who meets him in public calls him Scotty and thinks he's currently 36 years old. A PR disaster, Ryan me old mucker...!

Over to you guys!

Comments

• edited January 2013
    Hi gang!

As we head towards the end of the most depressing month of the year, lift your spirits with a warming dose of card action courtesy of Sky Poker TV tonight from 7pm on Channel 861 and streamed from this website.

In the cabin are your flight captain, Richard Orford 

and my navigator: the first-class Stuart Rutter.

And here's your show:

7pm: The final table of Sunday's £30K Super Roller!

8pm: Ask The Expert: please send those questions in plus hands to be covered up and played from your perspective!

9pm: Sky Poker School: topic- assigning hand ranges in cash poker

10pm: Sky Poker Highlights: live coverage of late stages from the 8pm £6K Turbo:tonight's main event

11pm: Rapid-fire coverage from the live Mastercash tables

And, inspired by one of the Sky Poker Award nominations from Ilera last week, this week I'm asking you to nominate your favourite Sky Poker alias on the site.

What's your favourite Sky Poker player alias and why?

Fire out as many suggestions as you like and I'll get the ball rolling below to give you an idea.

4 of you who write in to nominate will get freerolled into Thursday's mini bounty hunter and everyone's answers will get read out on the show!

For all your messaging needs you can use this thread, email skyopen@bskyb.com, or Tweet #skypokertv

Good luck and see you all tonight at 7pm- Channel 861 or streamed on this very site!
  • edited January 2013
    Borinloner has got to be up there!

And of course yoyo as it describes the ups & downs of poker.

Barlicker just makes me lol

just seen this one in a lobby willy4skin (read that one out if u dare!)
  • edited January 2013
    GliterBabe.......Maybe thats his weekend job?
  • edited January 2013
    What's your favourite Sky Poker alias and why?

You had to ask : bigdickjim - makes me laugh

I was playing against another bd last night . It wasn,t a TV table luckily for you

Paul
  • edited January 2013
    paige55 and why you may ask,because she is a charmed one,a very nice white witch off good ,but do not make her turn to the dark side,when she is beaten at poker, not a preety site i tell you :):):)
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night On The Telly- Channel 861 Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stu- plus Best Alias vote:
    Borinloner has got to be up there! And of course yoyo as it describes the ups & downs of poker. Barlicker just makes me lol just seen this one in a lobby willy4skin (read that one out if u dare!)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Awww shucks... *blushes*
  • edited January 2013
    Lol- like them so far.

Could I ask though that we steer clear of the obviously rude ones? it's just that I can't read them out so it seems like a waste of time on your part!

:-)
  • edited January 2013
    for me has to be JIMMYNOLEG, as had carlo and everyone watching in stiches when he tried to analyze his play.
    good luck all at the tables, and great show as allways.
  • edited January 2013
    Has to be MANFAT, for obvious reasons lol
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night On The Telly- Channel 861 Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stu- plus Best Alias vote:
    Lol- like them so far. Could I ask though that we steer clear of the obviously rude ones? it's just that I can't read them out so it seems like a waste of time on your part! :-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    sorry richard, i did not mean any harm,but paige is the name i took from the charmed one,s
  • edited January 2013
    My favourite alias is katie vick.  To understand why you really need to be an obsessive wrestling fan.  To paraphrase comic book guy from The Simpsons, "Worst angle EVER"

My second favourite is Richorford.  You always get value when they are at the table.

Good luck on the tables everyone and remember to have fun
  • edited January 2013

What's your favourite Sky Poker alias and why?

JAEGERBOMB - Named after the drink of which many of us have drunk quite a few at an SPT.

• edited January 2013
    Has to be MANFAT, for obvious reasons lol
    Posted by macapaca

I hate to let daylight in on the magic, but it does make me smile when I hear the presenters chortling at this name as though it’s quaint – and maybe something to do with a portly chap who’s fond of cakes. It’s not. 

We’re all aware what this term refers to, right? Or am I the victim of a well-executed double-bluff, in which the presenters are feigning innocence and simultaneously being ironic?

For the avoidance of doubt; Man Fat refers to a certain ‘Gentleman’s Relish’ (or population paste), that a chap may spread liberally during times of heightened excitement.

There. I’ve said it.

• edited January 2013
    LOL !! It's good to have you back Flutnush
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night On The Telly- Channel 861 Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stu- plus Best Alias vote : I hate to let daylight in on the magic, but it does make me smile when I hear the presenters chortling at this name as though it’s quaint – and maybe something to do with a portly chap who’s fond of cakes. It’s not.  We’re all aware what this term refers to, right? Or am I the victim of a well-executed double-bluff, in which the presenters are feigning innocence and simultaneously being ironic? For the avoidance of doubt; Man Fat refers to a certain ‘Gentleman’s Relish’ (or population paste), that a chap may spread liberally during times of heightened excitement. There. I’ve said it.
    Posted by FlutNush
    Lordy! Call me Mr. Naive, but I must confess I have been laughing at Manfat because I believed it was a quirky name referring to extra blubber on a bloke.

A quick trip to Urban Dictionary has in fact presented both options, so I feel slightly better about that.

Good to see you back on the board again Flut, have you been lurking all this time?
  • edited January 2013
    Sara36DD08 gets my nomination. Complete with its matching female avatar this alias has been hypnotising Mark's male oppenents for years, one of the best bluffs on the site.

I'd also like to give IH8PALACE a special mention. As a fellow Brighton supporter it cracks me up every time I see him at the tables. The first time I ever saw the name was in the inaugral UKOPS High Roller, IH8PALACE took it down in impressive style, at the the moment of victory he typed "Yes! Seagulls!!!" in chatbox.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night On The Telly- Channel 861 Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stu- plus Best Alias vote : Lordy! Call me Mr. Naive, but I must confess I have been laughing at Manfat because I believed it was a quirky name referring to extra blubber on a bloke. A quick trip to Urban Dictionary has in fact presented both options, so I feel slightly better about that. Good to see you back on the board again Flut, have you been lurking all this time?
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Thanks for the welcome back Richard and TiaDalma. No, I haven’t been lurking, I’ve just been too busy completing a Doctorate on modern cuss words.

I also took some time out to rigorously pull my poker game apart, in a bid to improve as a player. Sadly, I haven’t been able to identify any of my major leaks, so I’m just back to donk my cash off. Again. Call it a public service.

• edited January 2013
    Hughmans - Very clever

oooooooooo - Very apt. I can often be heard saying this - when I get rivered. ( my other expressions of disappointment probably not so suitable for aliases )

OyNutter - Very true. One of the funniest guys on the forum

Have a good show
  • edited January 2013
    Hughmans - Very clever oooooooooo - Very apt. I can often be heard saying this - when I get rivered. ( my other expressions of disappointment probably not so suitable for aliases ) OyNutter - Very true. One of the funniest guys on the forum Have a good show
    Posted by TiaDalma
    Yeah, like the oooooooooooooo one. There's another one called Arrrrrrrrggggh!  And the debate rages on: is it someone receiving a bad beat on the river? Someone falling off a cliff? Or someone doing an impression of a pirate? It's all in how you say the name out loud, you see...

Keep them coming please!
  • edited January 2013

It's fizzy?

This is not a player's name, by the way.

• edited January 2013

Hi chaps, i think this is the first show of the year that you two have done together, is that right rich?? well anywhichway i look forward to the next first one you do ;)

NMIPEIS or any abbreviation style username is always good, for those that dont know that is NoMoneyInPokerEveryoneIsSolid.

Mine is funny for anyone that saw the 2010 world cup of poker with that crazy croation guy saying {rich must read in croation accent} "janana like almost never lose" referring to the hand jack nine. That was my moment of watching poker and falling in love with it, hence the name.

Any info and who was in new uk cash game and when it will be on?
    And along same lines are there any plans to do another presenter/analyst SNG again?
    Have a good show guys.

sidenote question - why isnt the 7pm slot being used for roller final table? :(
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight On The Telly- Channel 861 Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stu- plus Best Alias vote for prizes:
    Hi chaps, i think this is the first show of the year that you two have done together, is that right rich?? well anywhichway i look forward to the next first one you do ;) NMIPEIS or any abbreviation style username is always good, for those that dont know that is NoMoneyInPokerEveryoneIsSolid. Mine is funny for anyone that saw the 2010 world cup of poker with that crazy croation guy saying {rich must read in croation accent} "janana like almost never lose" referring to the hand jack nine. That was my moment of watching poker and falling in love with it, hence the name. Any info and who was in new uk cash game and when it will be on? And along same lines are there any plans to do another presenter/analyst SNG again? Have a good show guys. sidenote question - why isnt the 7pm slot being used for roller final table? :(
    Posted by Janana
    Great post, Janana.

I'll start brushing up my Croatian accent now..!
  • edited January 2013
    Wow, never been an inspiration before, do I get a seat on the judging panel?

My suggestions would be:
    - evilpingu
    - donkicallu
    - itsfizzy
    - lolufold

No long winded reasoning, just names that stick in my head, no reflection on the players :)
  • edited January 2013
    Firstly my name is awful! When signing up it's something I just did in a rush as I wanted to get playing and never really thought it was a major thing! The team I support is obviously Boston so just thought I'd stick BUFC down!

I agree with your comments on Scotty77 though!

Names I like are EvilPingu - its a complete contradiction, Pingu's are seen as such a 'cute' loving' animal then to stick the word Evil in front of it really mixes things up!
    HITMAN RV - Whenever I see this name I always think of some sort of transformers style big aggressive creature!
    jakally - I know it's spelt different but always makes me think of a dark alley in a housing estate somewhere just made out of bottles of Jack Daniels!
    Zizou - Has that foreign footballer feel to it! Brazilian superstar maybe? haha.

Another name I think you can put into the Scotty77 category would be doomtrain - sounds a very very depressing place!

• edited January 2013
    I have to agree with Ms-tree with regard to Jimmynoleg, which I think is hiliarious.

However I am in stiches with the analysts saying (especially Carlo with his accent)  'Gadger No' aka GadgerNo1, this always makes me laugh,

and so he is my current favourite alias.

Have a good show.

Ruth

• edited January 2013
    GATLINGOB=  if anyone has ever been at a table with Roddy they know why this is his alias!!!  can anyone shut him up?????  lol :P
  • edited January 2013
    ALFPACINO- Just makes me smile everytime

HAYSIE- Only because this was my nickname in school and I wish I used it first.

There are a few Alias that I have been reading wrong and didnt notice until you mentioned on the tv.
    EG. I have always thought MADEYE11 as MADE YELL
  • edited January 2013
    As far as plain silly ones go HuFlungPu was always a favourite for me.

Overall I'd have to say I love...... SKY_ELF.... the most!

• edited January 2013
    Change of plan- from 7 till 8 we're bringing you the final table of the £30K Super Roller!
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight On The Telly- Channel 861 Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stu- plus Best Alias vote for prizes:
    Change of plan- from 7 till 8 we're bringing you the final table of the £30K Super Roller!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Splendid. Beer ready. Bowl of peanuts ready.