You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Moron Watch -When will Sky ever act?

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
£1-2 : £2-4 HU just 37 tables waiting not one game running. 12 people comprising those 37 seats. this isn't even including the whole high stakes HU bumhunting lobby farce.

Why are Sky so inept and unwilling to attempt to change things?

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Moron Watch -When will Sky ever act?:
    £1-2 : £2-4 HU just 37 tables waiting not one game running. 12 people comprising those 37 seats. this isn't even including the whole high stakes HU bumhunting lobby farce. Why are Sky so inept and unwilling to attempt to change things?
    Posted by beaneh
    It's like that on most sites? :/

What are they meant to do make them play each other???
  • edited January 2013
    The lobby does look a bit redic. with so many people not playing each other

If i was a rich recreational player from another site, i would wonder why noone was playing each other and i wouldn't sit.

They are shooting themselves in the foot by hogging tables...
  • edited January 2013
    I'm starting to think just closing all headsup table may be the only way to resolve these issues. No-one is playing HU professionally, everyone is just waiting for marks.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Moron Watch -When will Sky ever act?:
    £1-2 : £2-4 HU just 37 tables waiting not one game running. 12 people comprising those 37 seats. this isn't even including the whole high stakes HU bumhunting lobby farce. Why are Sky so inept and unwilling to attempt to change things?
    Posted by beaneh
    sit down take there money
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Moron Watch -When will Sky ever act?:
    I'm starting to think just closing all headsup table may be the only way to resolve these issues. No-one is playing HU professionally, everyone is just waiting for marks.
    Posted by CoxyLboro

they should just limit the number per stake/per player etc and stop burying their head in the sand just because they have no clue.

the high stakes lobby is even more of a farce.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Moron Watch -When will Sky ever act? : sit down take there money
    Posted by ckd

they won't play anyone who can tie their shoelace half way done up.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013

cant really be all that if all they can do is sit there and not play
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Moron Watch -When will Sky ever act? : they won't play anyone who can tie their shoelace half way done up.
    Posted by beaneh
    lol wow just let them carry on then if there to scard to play people thats there choice...should never play with scared money...maybe they should move down a few levels
  • edited January 2013
    cant really be all that if all they can do is sit there and not play
    Posted by ckd

they are waiting for literally one of a few people who they are hoping will do a years wages to them in one go. that is it.
  • edited January 2013
    the only player I've seen play whoever sits down is Style... 
  • edited January 2013
    the only player I've seen play whoever sits down is Style... 
    Posted by percival09

that's one person out of maybe 15-25 who wait regularly.

most of them couldn't beat nl50 so they just wait at nl400+ hoping to be gifted some money.
  • edited January 2013
    can you sit at all their tables and sit out for a larf..
  • edited January 2013
    yah that's what I'm saying, it's ridic
  • edited January 2013
    can you sit at all their tables and sit out for a larf..
    Posted by WHOAMI196

yes i've done this before, but my computer struggles after 35+ and the problem is so endemic there are often more than that, they also just leave the table I sit at and sit at another becuase sky are clever enough to just have the tables constantly spawn.
  • edited January 2013
    Think they can report you for table blocking whoami. Unless you just stayed sat in and they where the 1's not playing you. Which is more likely to happen

But ye
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Moron Watch -When will Sky ever act? : yes i've done this before, but my computer struggles after 35+ and the problem is so endemic there are often more than that, they also just leave the table I sit at and sit at another becuase sky are clever enough to just have the tables constantly spawn.
    Posted by beaneh
    How many tables are you playing? and you still can post u FREAK :P
  • edited January 2013
    Think they can report you for table blocking whoami. Unless you just stayed sat in and they where the 1's not playing you. Which is more likely to happen But ye
    Posted by shaun09

lol no danger they sit in, absolutely no danger.
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Moron Watch -When will Sky ever act? : How many tables are you playing? and you still can post u FREAK :P
    Posted by WHOAMI196

i'm only 15 tabling atm lol
  • edited January 2013
    What about blind stealing, have you ever heard of people sit in steal a blind and sit out again XD, pretty funny....unless it happened to you ovc :| (will not work if they do not auto post i guess)
  • edited January 2013
    as i have said and pointed out before why do sky not bring in anonymous cash tables, so then you can play and no worries who you are playing as you wouldn't know who it is.

please sky sort this out.

good luck at the tables if you do get to play on any lol
  • edited January 2013
    What about blind stealing, have you ever heard of people sit in steal a blind and sit out again XD, pretty funny....unless it happened to you ovc :| (will not work if they do not auto post i guess)
    Posted by WHOAMI196

that's called buttoning and some sky regs attempt it when a game breaks to HU from 6m.

none of them have auto post on without it being by accident when waiting for HU so it's not an option.
  • edited January 2013

If I was sky I would get rid of them, Best to feed 5 regs who spend loads on rake than one who spends next to nothing.

They are not morons though. Got it from a reliable source that one of the more prolific ones has made 400k since 2009, with the majority coming from bum hunting hu.

• edited January 2013
    If I was sky I would get rid of them, Best to feed 5 regs who spend loads on rake than one who spends next to nothing. They are not morons though. Got it from a reliable source that one of the more prolific ones has made 400k since 2009, with the majority coming from bum hunting hu.
    Posted by ajs4385
    I think the term morons is meant to attack their lack of understanding for long term health of the poker economy, not their capacity to beat bad players at the highest stakes available (which to be honest, most nl20 regs could do if they had a 20k+ BR)
  • edited January 2013

Poker economy is in decline, but I think there are bigger reasons than hu bumhunters.

I think the worst culprits for the decline are the sites themself.

• edited January 2013
    I've just deleted a post insulting another member for bum hunting  Do not do that please.  Play nice.

On op, agree that it is a long term problem. In fact I pretty much agree with anything beaneh and coxy have ever posted on this matter now and in the past.   I also think it's a cross online poker problem and not just here.

• edited January 2013
    Survial of the fittest, selfish and all that - just human nature to look after your own intrests and grab as much money as possible - who care's if it runs out - who cares if the rain forests die !!

Not just a HU sky high stakes problem
    Sharks will always feed on fish

Like can you ever band pro's going to macua or other places and feeding on these rich busisness men who throw money away.

Either deny them the chance to do it by removing HU tables or just live with it

I don't think it's in SKY best intrestes to remove these tables because of rake

But it just brings me round to people looking out for their own intrests, be it self emploted poker players or big corporate companies

that's life & it's never going to change

• edited January 2013

One possible solution is that a player cannot sit at an empty HU table unless they are sat playing at a 6 max table. If they leave their 6 max table or tables before a HU opponent turns up they automatically lose their waiting seat or seats at the HU tables. Only one HU table per 6 max game, so if a HU player wanted to sit waiting at four tables they would have to be playing four 6 max tables to do so.

With regard to stakes, a HU player wishing to wait for action must be playing at the same or highest available 6 max table to sit HU waiting for action.

Once a player begins a HU match they can leave the 6 max tables to concentrate on the HU game, but at its conclusion unless they are playing another HU match they must rejoin a 6 max game before they can wait HU again.

If this were implemented these players whom Beaneh refers to as not so good HU high stakes players would be gone, leaving only HU players who also play 6 max on the site.

• edited January 2013
    lunchtime update

a) terrible thread title is terrible, apologies for the tone. I am bad.

b) 
    High - 27 tables, 7 unique players
    Med - 27 tables,  2 more unique players

1 game running.........

c) it would still be very simple to just change the spawning of the tables, to limit the number of tables per stake and limit the number of tables a person can sit at waiting.....
  • edited January 2013
    3pm
    High 30 tables
    Mid 30 tables 

same players + 2 more ......

lotta HU action going on obv
  • edited January 2013
    Must be pretty boring just sitting there waiting in hope.
    Wonder how they pass the time?
    Knitting perhaps :-)