You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV...

Comments

• edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV...:
    would of been nice to see some of our boys playing. sam1986, andrew1947, styles2737, offshoot, ljamesl, simuk, lolufold etc etc not sure if zing, launder etc are actually people or seen daylight so couldnt ask them.
    Posted by mewillows
    nope, not humans. mutated hobbits/orks
  • edited January 2013
    would of been nice to see some of our boys playing. sam1986, andrew1947, styles2737, offshoot, ljamesl, simuk, lolufold etc etc not sure if zing, launder etc are actually people or seen daylight so couldnt ask them.
    Posted by mewillows
    Wheres the love for me? Barsteward
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV... : nope, not humans. mutated hobbits/orks
    Posted by percival09
    Orcs* :p
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV... : Wheres the love for me? Barsteward
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    I feel ashamed for forgetting Coxy. im sorry sir :(
  • edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV... : I feel ashamed for forgetting Coxy. im sorry sir :(
    Posted by mewillows
    Forgiven. Universal balance has been restored.
  • edited February 2013
    Really looking forward to this.
    Great job with the cast of characters - really good mix, imo.
  • edited February 2013
    just to ask will they be including online screen names ?

• edited February 2013
    just to ask will they be including online screen names ?
    Posted by D_Legend
    No, it is a Live (well, recorded....) Cash Game, targeted at a wider Sports audience on Sky Sports, so screen-names are not shown, or relevant.

ALL the players who took part, however, do have current Sky Poker Accounts.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV... : No, it is a Live (well, recorded....) Cash Game, targeted at a wider Sports audience on Sky Sports, so screen-names are not shown, or relevant. ALL the players who took part, however, do have current Sky Poker Accounts.
    Posted by Tikay10

Is this not the same as having  a Sky bet account which I would imagine most of the sports stars would have anyway? (which obv could be used to play poker too)

....would love to know Jimmy White's alias to see how fast he plays the tables.
  • edited February 2013
    Rastafish!!!!!!

Gonna be immense

xx
  • edited February 2013
    Rastafish!!!!!! Gonna be immense xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    He'll kill dem
  • edited February 2013
    Which Tuesday does this start please?
  • edited February 2013
    Which Tuesday does this start please?
    Posted by FCHD
    Tues 5th Feb.

Got it set to record in the EPG.

• edited February 2013

Just picking up a few questions.....

The Show airs every Tuesday on Sky Sports, 10pm, with repeats to follow. There are 6 Episodes.

The normal "Live" Show on Channel 861 each Tuesday will not be affected by it, it will run as normal.

The Shows will start to be be shown On Channel 861 every Monday (with repeats, no doubt) starting Monday 18th February.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV... : Is this not the same as having  a Sky bet account which I would imagine most of the sports stars would have anyway? (which obv could be used to play poker too) ....would love to know Jimmy White's alias to see how fast he plays the tables.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

I don't fully understand the question, buy yes, SB&G has a "common wallet", so an account with any of Bet, Vegas, Bingo & Poker carries across all 4 sites to the best of my knowledge.

• edited February 2013
    I think Sky are being mean to the regular Sky players by showing this series on a pay channel.
    Its not as if we don't contribute to the very wealthy Sky coffers already. Why not let registered players on the site wthch through a site link ? Go on you know it makes sense to keep us happy. After all we are loyal to you lot.

Response to Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV...:
    The Sky Poker Cash Game! You will notice that in the Sky TV guide there is this... You can see a 'teaser' video for it on our facebook page. Watch this space for more details and get your series link setup! Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
  • edited February 2013
    I think Sky are being mean to the regular Sky players by showing this series on a pay channel. Its not as if we don't contribute to the very wealthy Sky coffers already. Why not let registered players on the site wthch through a site link ? Go on you know it makes sense to keep us happy. After all we are loyal to you lot.  Response to Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV... :
    Posted by tiercel
    Afternoon tiercel.

It does not quite work like that. Sky Sports commissioned the Series with us, & they have first dibs on transmission times. They are in business to attract viewers, so they would not allow it to be shown on another Channel before they have tx'd it, & they hold the Rights.

I take your point precisely, but it is just not possible.

It is also worth noting that the purpose of the Series is to demonstrate to a wider audience - typically NOT poker-savvy - that poker is a fun game, to be enjoyed. In that respect, it is possible that the "poker serious" may not much enjoy the fact that everyone in the game is having the craic, laughing & joking. Currently, the image of much TV poker on terrestial channels is that the game is deadly serious. We are hoping that this Series will convince many neutrals, & those a little disillusioned with all the long faces, to begin playing poker, or even return to the game.  

I'm sorry it cannot be on 861 sooner, but it is just not possible.  

• edited February 2013
    Really looking forward to this.  Absolutely perfect line up for this sort of show IMO.  Obviously can't wait to see Rastafish on screen, only met him once briefly myself but his love of the game is all encompassing.  Yes he's loud and somewhat brash, but you just know that comes from pure enthusiasm and excitement for the game rather than any negative intention.  Rob is next up on the list of who I'm looking forward to watching, he's the very epitome of putting his money where his mouth is and I thoroughly respect anyone who does that.  Top bloke.

I remember in a previous thread a couple of months back citing some negatives including the UK Cash game dropping off the map.  Now obviously it is clear they were flying the next generation version of this under the radar so I apologise for that comment, I was obviously wrong.

Going to be a great show.

Of course my intrigue has been somewhat increased by an earlier post in this very thread with someone maybe letting slip that one of the biggest mysteries in the history of SkyPoker may well be narrowed down in this series (a mystery I personally could have solved last year but decided to be a little selfish and missed the opportunity).  Yup, think that's cryptic enough, will be watching :)
  • edited February 2013
    Really looking forward to this.  Absolutely perfect line up for this sort of show IMO.  Obviously can't wait to see Rastafish on screen, only met him once briefly myself but his love of the game is all encompassing.  Yes he's loud and somewhat brash, but you just know that comes from pure enthusiasm and excitement for the game rather than any negative intention.  Rob is next up on the list of who I'm looking forward to watching, he's the very epitome of putting his money where his mouth is and I thoroughly respect anyone who does that.  Top bloke. I remember in a previous thread a couple of months back citing some negatives including the UK Cash game dropping off the map.  Now obviously it is clear they were flying the next generation version of this under the radar so I apologise for that comment, I was obviously wrong. Going to be a great show. Of course my intrigue has been somewhat increased by an earlier post in this very thread with someone maybe letting slip that one of the biggest mysteries in the history of SkyPoker may well be narrowed down in this series (a mystery I personally could have solved last year but decided to be a little selfish and missed the opportunity).  Yup, think that's cryptic enough, will be watching :)
    Posted by TommyD

Neil Channing to be revealed as Sky Santa?  Marvoulous!

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV... : Neil Channing to be revealed as Sky Santa?  Marvoulous!
    Posted by cenachav
    Yup he seems like a guy who'd give away loads of stuff and tip well.
  • edited February 2013
    I hope all the players tipped the dealer well
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks for coming back to me , TK, but that arrangement wouldn't preclude a members link and if they were really looking for the wider audience why put it on a pay-extra-to-view channel which locks out people like me who haven't got wads of cash to spare? I'll just have to be patient til it comes on 862and hope no-one gives the game away.

Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV...:
    In Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV... : Afternoon tiercel. It does not quite work like that. Sky Sports commissioned the Series with us, & they have first dibs on transmission times. They are in business to attract viewers, so they would not allow it to be shown on another Channel before they have tx'd it, & they hold the Rights.   I take your point precisely, but it is just not possible. It is also worth noting that the purpose of the Series is to demonstrate to a wider audience - typically NOT poker-savvy - that poker is a fun game, to be enjoyed. In that respect, it is possible that the "poker serious" may not much enjoy the fact that everyone in the game is having the craic, laughing & joking. Currently, the image of much TV poker on terrestial channels is that the game is deadly serious. We are hoping that this Series will convince many neutrals, & those a little disillusioned with all the long faces, to begin playing poker, or even return to the game.     I'm sorry it cannot be on 861 sooner, but it is just not possible.    
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks for coming back to me , TK, but that arrangement wouldn't preclude a members link and if they were really looking for the wider audience why put it on a pay-extra-to-view channel which locks out people like me who haven't got wads of cash to spare? I'll just have to be patient til it comes on 862and hope no-one gives the game away. Response to Re: Coming Soon on Sky Sports TV... :
    Posted by tiercel
    You're not seriously using Sky Sports and SkyPoker in a comparison, and putting 'wider audience' against the SkyPoker side?
    I think the approach Sky are taking is fine, in that SkyPoker viewers are still getting the programmes, just with a very short delay.
  • edited February 2013

Watched it late last night on sky plus

Really dissapointed with show, I thought first series was much better, Turned it off after 20 minutes.

• edited February 2013
    I agree

Sky have completely missed a trick with this concept. It should involve people who actually play on the site. Weve seen these people play on tv countless times. 
  • edited February 2013
    I agree Sky have completely missed a trick with this concept. It should involve people who actually play on the site. Weve seen these people play on tv countless times. 
    Posted by BrownnDog
    A Big Plus 1
    I've seen your alias on Master cash OOdles of times it would be good to see how you'd get on in the format of the TV programme!
  • edited February 2013
    If THE show attracts more players to SKY who can't play then I say "Great Show"

)

• edited February 2013

It's like watching nl4, the stakes don't matter to the people playing so they don't seem to care.

The guy who owns DTD, calling everything pre, betting every street, it's not 'fun' to watch or creative play, it's just boring. (probably boring for him too)

Can't remember anyone being in a tough spot in the whole hour. Even if they were put in one, they'd just call anyone 'to see' coz the stakes r so small & they don't care about losing a couple of grand. 

Need bigger stakes, or different players imo. 

• edited February 2013
    It's like watching nl4, the stakes don't matter to the people playing so they don't seem to care. The guy who owns DTD, calling everything pre, betting every street, it's not 'fun' to watch or creative play, it's just boring. (probably boring for him too) Can't remember anyone being in a tough spot in the whole hour. Even if they were put in one, they'd just call anyone 'to see' coz the stakes r so small & they don't care about losing a couple of grand.  Need bigger stakes, or different players imo. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Totally agree with all of this. It was it seems just a big jolly up for the players involved. Sometimes having too many big personallity players who like to joke around on one table makes it too loud and totally detracts from the poker.
  • edited February 2013
    The problem is the poker players arnt genuine pros (they wouldnt be able to beat even 100nl on here)
    and the celebs arnt genuine celebs (they wouldnt even get on im a celebrity)