You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on 861 with Rich and Ryan: the official Sky Poker TV show thread

2»

Comments

• edited February 2013

question for both presenters

who is your favourite player of all time 

what city have you always wanted to visit but never had the chance

if you were in jail who would u like to share a cell with

and if u could have 3 items in the cell what would they be

• edited February 2013
    Evening gents

One hand I always get confused by is when you get to the river and you have 4 cards in a row or of the same. What hand do you have?

I guess that one was for Rich, one for Ryan is triple range merging. What does this mean?

Thanks

Matt
  • edited February 2013
    deviated from the actual question but who knows the answer? 

what hand is the lowest nuts on an unpaired rainbow board..??
  • edited February 2013

Have a Great Show tonight Lads, 

The thing that does my head in is FOLD EQUITY
  • edited February 2013
    #619556009 can you show this hand please
    just a normal sky poker hand eh?
  • edited February 2013
    Pssstt... Ryan... 34% is roughly 2:1 pot odds... not 3:1...

Just style it out, nobody else noticed. :)

By the way, Richard, I did not know that I inadvertantly named myself after a dwarf. I have few dwarf-like features apart from my sleepiness and dopiness.
  • edited February 2013
     before you say anything i tht he could fold as it was last hand worth the gamble ;)
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on 861 with Rich and Ryan: the official Sky Poker TV show thread:
    Evening gents One hand I always get confused by is when you get to the river and you have 4 cards in a row or of the same. What hand do you have? I guess that one was for Rich, one for Ryan is triple range merging. What does this mean? Thanks Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    Triple range merging is when your A7 cracks my jacks in the late reg sat to the main event leaving me with less then a BB! It is also when I shove  next hand with 75 and get it in good against the BB with 62 and hold.  It is also when, in the next hand I get Kings against your AK and my kings hold giving me a playable stack.  It is also when we both get through the sat.

The thing that I can't get my head around in poker is how some people can play 20+ tables at once.  I get a headache playing 6!

Run well all and remember to have fun

• edited February 2013
    Not often able to be in control of the remote this early in the night, so enjoying the show live for a change!

And it's nice to have a chance to (hopefully) ask some noddy questions without being flamed for it (too much)... Apologies for the lack of lol's in my two queries, but the couple of things I'd like to ask in respect to cash tables are:

1 - When a short-stack goes all-in with a multi-way pot, why on occasion can I only call the all-in, rather than re-raise to either isolate or try and get more value from the other (large) stacks involved in the pot?

I can understand this in live games, having had a few home games where it becomes a mare to keep a separate pot for the short-stack and another for the other players... but would have thought the computer wouldn't have this same problem!

2 - When bet-sizing on cash tables, should I be factoring in the 'pot' based on the pre- or post-rake amount?

Ie when playing heads-up and both players have put 50p pre-flop, as a 2/3 continuation bet on the flop, should I be betting 67p (2/3 of the £1 we've put in the pot) or betting 60p (2/3 of the £1 pot, less the 10p rake).

I always size mine based on the latter, but if I click the '1/2', '3/4' or 'Pot' buttons on the tables it bases it on the former -  should I be using some common sense to assume that I am therefore wrong in my bet sizing?
  • edited February 2013
    Can you show this hand from tonight's mastercash please (20NL) about half an hour ago.

What do you think of my line? I check the turn cos villian is decent and has been floating a lot of my cbets and trying to take it away on the turn (either that or he always has it!). I also don't think he will give up on the river if he has air.
  • edited February 2013
    Hand History #615871780 (22:47 28/01/2013) master cash 8
    Big pot, Line check, villain is loose agressive but what do you think he has? (good if you block his hand)
    Can we keep calling...
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2013
    when sitting at a table where most of the players are competent to very good, but there is usually at least one player who has no idea what he’s doing. I know I’m supposed to go after this player and find ways to play pots against him, but that often gets me into trouble against the others. What’s the best way to isolate a bad player?

• ckdckd
    edited February 2013
    How do math and psychology cross in poker,For example, if the book says a certain hand is a loser 60 percent of the time, how would this change if you know your opponent likes to raise with weak hands at this point, and if you suspect he is bluffing?
  • edited February 2013

hi richard i need to learn when to change gears coz i play mid stakes mtt stt and go well for first half hour but after a while i start to lose my stack is this due to people reading me and learning from my play or am just not very good at poker coz really hard to tell not really lost nowt but not won much either any feddback would be nice have a great show rich and ry !

• edited February 2013
    I've trawled through my history from Tuesday's Turbo Open for another hand, because Richard begging for hands is pretty undignified. lol

Hand History #618841522 (20:23 05/02/2013)

Anyway, I think pre-flop is standard. I wasn't sure about leading the flop but four-handed with the draw-heavy board I couldn't be sure that the pre-flop raiser or anyone else would bet. Does a check-raise look more bluffy, or is the donk-lead fine?

On the turn, I lost my customer and I assume he probably had an overpair. Did I lose value by getting too aggro?

EDIT: It seems you've had a few other hands posted in the meantime. Unless they're really boring, I'm not fussed if you don't show mine.
  • edited February 2013
    Orford = DIVA! :p
  • edited February 2013

hi guys hope you have a good show what i struggle with is bankroll management i always play to high and ending reloading 4 or five times a night what would be best stakes for a thousand pound bankroll and i always struggle with tilt ino you can always run qauds into straight flush and theres no getting away but donks with these 4 2 off against your aces really frustrates me and i just wanna throw the laptop out the window should i just turn computer off ps great show guys !

• edited February 2013
    hi richard/ryan im fairly new to sky poker iv got a hand request (619598930) dont think i played the hand right. could you tell me how to extract more value from the hand. cheers bigashman.
  • edited February 2013
    hi richard/ryan great show as allways.
    ive allways been intressted in POKER LINGO but never ask, here are some you could test ryan on (see if he can get them all right too)

Big "Chick" - Refers to holding an Ace and Queen as your two pocket cards.
    Ship It - Same as "send it." Phrase exclaimed by the winner of a big pot. Most often exclaimed via the chat box of an online poker game. Has sarcastic, obnoxious overtones and could infuriate your opponent!
    Bicycle - A straight that is A-2-3-4-5.
    Steel Wheel - A five high straight (A-2-3-4-5) of the same suit.
    Thirty Miles - Three tens.
    Walking Sticks - A pair of sevens.

these are the few i didn't know when starting out in poker, is there any the two of you didn't know when you started out in poker.
  • edited February 2013
    Hand  619615153 from on of the Sit and goes.  Guess what hands they called my shove with :)
  • edited February 2013
    good evening gentlemen, could you please explain how I use the rule of 4and 2 when it comes to decisions after the flop?
  • edited February 2013

where does the term donk come from and why is it an over used excuse for losing

• edited February 2013
    Thanks for answering my question!
    I find it difficult to understand how golfers earn obscene amounts of money for hitting a piece of concrete wrapped in rubber around a golf course then become A list celebrities.
    When professional poker players have to concentrate and grind significantly longer yet no matter how big their success continue to be considered by most outside the game, as chancers with dubious character.
    I too think they should be considered as mental athletes.
  • edited February 2013

JACKPOT 22:09 pm      

main mini both    
    entered 465 667 189    
    left 61 116 6    

YOUNG_GUN 2 52      
    Shrimpy28 14 33      
    hurst05 22 42      
    MRBURNS4 25 28      
    jonjo75 27 17      
    b123n 38 78      

• edited February 2013
    I'm having one of those frustrating nights at the tables and have a question for you, not an ace king question but a king king question!

In any SNG or MTT with five minute levels; your not folding the cowboys preflop are you?
  • edited February 2013
    Congratulations to FCHD, WYNNE1938ASHP1979 and SHAKINGACES who win free entry into Sunday night's mini Primo!
  • edited February 2013
    hi guys

great show again just want to ask ryan has he took a big jump up in stakes lately and will he ever be back at my level for a game or will i just have to grind up to your level

p.s. does ryan have a group of mates he talks hands and strategies with and does he think it helps his game?

thanks drrungood
  • edited February 2013
    Some great posts tonight and a good show well done all.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on 861 with Rich and Ryan: the official Sky Poker TV show thread:
    Some great posts tonight and a good show well done all.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Thanks Tomo and yes, well done all. Great posts/emails and lots of interaction. Hope you all enjoyed.