You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

structure all TKO's like the first one!

Played tonights TKO lost 3rd hand all in pre KK v AA.

But that wud have happned whatever the structure was....
I suggest, all the following TKOS shud be played with the same structure as the first one, as everyone, including me, althought i never commented, loved watching the final table, about half 11, 12.

velocity too fast, deepstak far too slow.

If its not broke dnt change it.

just making a genuine suggestion, went to check the tourny leaderboard half hour ago n it has finished

wat dyaz think?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I like the format as it is. It gives everyone a chance with the different formats.
    Some like the slow games, others like the speed games and other like the BH tournaments.
    Next week should be fun with the one minute roulette game. It will be over even quicker than this one.
  • edited December 2009

hmmmm im not sure. everyone loved last weeks game, im not so sure there was a need to change, but ok i take ur point.

go team! :)  t - K   DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    One minute roulette will not be fun
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: structure all TKO's like the first one!:
    One minute roulette will not be fun
    Posted by BlackFish3
    WHAT ARE YOU SAYING BLACKFISH?

1 MINUTE ROULETTE WONT TEST OUR POKER SKILLS?

YES URE RIGHT I SEE URE POINT.

GL MATE.dav
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to structure all TKO's like the first one!:
     Played tonights TKO lost 3rd hand all in pre KK v AA. But that wud have happned whatever the structure was.... I suggest, all the following TKOS shud be played with the same structure as the first one, as everyone, including me, althought i never commented, loved watching the final table, about half 11, 12. velocity too fast, deepstak far too slow. If its not broke dnt change it. just making a genuine suggestion, went to check the tourny leaderboard half hour ago n it has finished wat dyaz think?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    all the structures were pointed out before we took part in the first one, i think it keeps things fresh and other players like the quick ones, just having the same format over and over in such a prestigious event like this would be rather dull and i for one would strongly disagree
  • edited December 2009

I was out straight away this week, unfortunatly i ended up on a table with a allin shover, after seeing him win 4 hands on the trot with J8,Q7,109 ect all off suit when my A10 fell i thought i would call him.....should have known J7 would have beat me.....out i was

extremely gutted & dissapointed with my self for falling prey to this animal....
    never again
    wd to all who cashed
    COME ON TEAM TIKAY
    SORRY I LET YOU DOWN THIS WEEK :-((
    XX AMANDA

• edited December 2009

ps
    1 MINUTE ROULETTE
    SHOVE SHOVE SHOVE
    LOL
    CANT WAIT
    NOT
    XX

• edited December 2009
    In Response to structure all TKO's like the first one! : all the structures were pointed out before we took part in the first one, i think it keeps things fresh and other players like the quick ones, just having the same format over and over in such a prestigious event like this would be rather dull and i for one would strongly disagree
    Posted by webby234
    maybe a smash n bash without any poker skills wud suit u fella, but how much did everyone...thats presenters, players, railers, players, ENJOY the first leg, ive got a feeling theyre guna 4get the dstack n make it like the first en again. can i withdraw n take my money back if they change the schedule????

same as 1st week u know it makes sense! even webby does ;)
  • edited December 2009
    boring! boring! boring!

what about the players that constantly play velocity every evening? what about players that constantly play russian roulette? It isnt very sporting and very fair to suddenly change the structures, last week was very good yes but this week as been great, and the first week was always going to be great because it was the first ever, can you imagine it being 2-2 and in the deepstack the atmosphere on here would be electric, and i'm not a big fan of "smash and bash" i play to a pretty decent level and my game will be suited to a deepstack and longer blinds but thats not to say that it wont be fun to have a bash at the scary's and russian roulettes.

webby
  • edited December 2009
    800 runners....deepstack, the one i played had 40 runners, started at half 7, finished at half 11, 40 runners!....add another 650, u do the maths
  • edited December 2009
    To be honest i did'nt enjoy it as much as last week.

Got knocked out early but did come back after playing a dym to rail people and it was down to last 60 players and had become a shove fest.

Its a bounty hunter next week.
  • edited December 2009
    WEBBO!!! got him in the club billiards semi final! thought id metnion it. lol
  • edited December 2009
    800 runners....deepstack, the one i played had 40 runners, started at half 7, finished at half 11, 40 runners!....add another 650, u do the maths
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    690?
  • edited December 2009

i also went early kept see the same thing over and over again a Ace falling on the river i went all in with 88 got called with A J and there it was on the river A lol. still it was fun

• edited December 2009
    I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS . AGREE WITH PREVIOUS POST . THIS WAY EVERY ONE GETS A SHOT AT PLAYING THERE FAV. GAME.
  • edited December 2009

This week, i mostly sucked at velocity lol

I hope though that My comrades have pulled off the vidtory and got us to a 2 - 0 lead !!!

• edited December 2009

The Format will not change during TKO.

There has to be something for everyone, we must not  be selfish & have what "we" want. Some like Slow Tourneys, some Medium, some Super-Fast. Each to their own.

Personally, I'd want them all to be Deepies, but that misses the point completely - it has to be something for everyone.

Also, the faster Tourneys give the Orforders & their Luckbox players some hope. Not much, mind.

It will be reviewed after TKO has finished, at the end of December, if it is to be run again.

Personally, I think it's been near-perfect, & I'd not change a thing. Better opposition would help, of course, but in truth, we're just too good.
  • edited December 2009
    I don't like the BH,  Roulette or Velocity Formats but i agree with Tikay that it has to be accross all styles to involve everyone. They have to run this again don't they Tikay???? Considering the massive interest on the forum and the railers on the tables this has to be one of the more popular promotions sky poker has done doesn't it?
  • edited December 2009
    I don't like the BH,  Roulette or Velocity Formats but i agree with Tikay that it has to be accross all styles to involve everyone. They have to run this again don't they Tikay???? Considering the massive interest on the forum and the railers on the tables this has to be one of the more popular promotions sky poker has done doesn't it?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Well I know it's under consideration, but it's a decision for what is known, technically, as "The Higher-Ups".

I think one of their problems is finding suitable opposition. We are, after all, unbeaten.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi

Two questions.

Can we change the day for the tko if it is run again.

B/H next week, how will the standings be worked out i.e how many people you knock out or where you finished.

Cheers
  • edited December 2009

wild guess could be how much money you earn?

• edited December 2009
    When we take this series an inevitable 5-0, will "Team Tikay" remain unchanged to take on our next oppo?
  • edited December 2009
    wild guess could be how much money you earn?
    Posted by webby234
    Well done, that would work.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Two questions. Can we change the day for the tko if it is run again. B/H next week, how will the standings be worked out i.e how many people you knock out or where you finished. Cheers
    Posted by achill
    Change the day - that's one for the Higher-Ups, but I understand that they think Tuesday works well for most at present.

The BH is not next week, it's the week after - I think. I'm not entirely sure, but I think every single player will have a £1 Bounty on their head, so it wil be most Money/Bounties won I guess. More - & definitive - news nearer the time.

Be interesting when all the Sit-Outs are getting down to their last BB......
  • edited December 2009
    When we take this series an inevitable 5-0, will "Team Tikay" remain unchanged to take on our next oppo?
    Posted by diablo_pez
    If they run it again, I assume Voting will re-open, & everyone will be free to Vote afresh. They'd have to, because I think it's "Winner Stays On" (if it runs again) so all the Orford-ites will need a new Team. ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: structure all TKO's like the first one! : Change the day - that's one for the Higher-Ups, but I understand that they think Tuesday works well for most at present. The BH is not next week, it's the week after - I think. I'm not entirely sure, but I think every single player will have a £1 Bounty on their head, so it wil be most Money/Bounties won I guess. More - & definitive - news nearer the time. Be interesting when all the Sit-Outs are getting down to their last BB......
    Posted by Tikay10
    oh thanks for that tip, i never thought of that

is it roulette next week???

might just sit out and hope my bb wins
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: structure all TKO's like the first one! : Change the day - that's one for the Higher-Ups, but I understand that they think Tuesday works well for most at present. The BH is not next week, it's the week after - I think. I'm not entirely sure, but I think every single player will have a £1 Bounty on their head, so it wil be most Money/Bounties won I guess. More - & definitive - news nearer the time. Be interesting when all the Sit-Outs are getting down to their last BB......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay

I'm using information that you supplied in the original tko sign up correctly thread as a basis for thinking its b/h next week.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: structure all TKO's like the first one! : Hi Tikay I'm using information that you supplied in the original tko sign up correctly thread as a basis for thinking its b/h next week.
    Posted by achill
    Ah, my apologies. BH Next week it must be, then.

I was hoping Roulette would be next week, to give Orford a chance, but they have no chance at BH.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: structure all TKO's like the first one! : Well I know it's under consideration, but it's a decision for what is known, technically, as "The Higher-Ups". I think one of their problems is finding suitable opposition. We are, after all, unbeaten.
    Posted by Tikay10
    It's called "variance" Tikay. (You might need to look that up). Even total luck-boxes can win two games on the trot.
    I'm starting to think that a 5 game series may not be long enough for the variance to even itself out but we shall see how things progress.
  • edited December 2009
    i did not like the velocity  cause he was just shove shove from the word go but there again sky are trying to keep everybody happy with a bit of evey thing