You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll

edited December 2010 in Sky Poker Announcements
probably shouldnt make this thread but i was really annoyed at the amount of all-ins earlier - literally everyhand.

when i questioned the players about this i was told 'its one half of poker though innit mate'. im sorry but no it isnt. do people actually play like this in real life? or is it just because its free to play?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Its freeroll mentallity, I got knocked out the TKO by a similar player, just got to live with it if you play freerolls
  • edited December 2009
    it's because it's free....you have to go in with the mentality it's just a bit of fun rather than a "proper" poker game m8
  • edited December 2009
    Not only is it free to play but there is very little in way of a prize fund.

If the freerolls cost more skypoker points ie 1000 instead of of say 100 and the prize fund as increased tenfold then maybe more players would take it seriously and Sky would please alot of players with otherwise useless points in their accounts.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll:
    it's because it's free....you have to go in with the mentality it's just a bit of fun rather than a "proper" poker game m8
    Posted by diablo_pez
      great idea totally agree 
  • edited December 2009
    THERES NO OTHER WAY TO PLAY THE 7 OCLOCK 900 PLAYERS HALF OF WHO ARE AWAY COME BACK AND ALL IN FIRST ACE THEY SEE. ABOUT 3 MILLION CHIPS YOU NEED TO ACCUMULATE ABOUT 500K TO WIN 2 QUID SAVE YOUR POINTS UP AND PLAY ON OF THE HIGHER BUY IN ONES
  • edited December 2009
    THERES NO OTHER WAY TO PLAY THE 7 OCLOCK 900 PLAYERS HALF OF WHO ARE AWAY COME BACK AND ALL IN FIRST ACE THEY SEE. ABOUT 3 MILLION CHIPS YOU NEED TO ACCUMULATE ABOUT 500K TO WIN 2 QUID SAVE YOUR POINTS UP AND PLAY ON OF THE HIGHER BUY IN ONES
    Posted by BADBOY985
    lol.....so true

another alternative is to save up your points in the vain hope they will actually provide something half decent to redeem them against eg. "proper" torny entries
  • edited December 2009
    Its freeroll mentallity, I got knocked out the TKO by a similar player, just got to live with it if you play freerolls
    Posted by Torryladd
    THE SAME HAPPENED TO ME TONIGHT IN THE TKO, WAS EXTREMELY PEED OFF BUT THERE YOU GO.
    MY GAME FROM NOW ON IS TO SIT BACK AS LONG AS POSSIBLE TILL ALL THE SHOVERS GET TAKEN OUT,
    CANT POSSIBLY FEEL ANY WORSE & AT LEAST I WILL STAY IN GAME LONGER
    XX
  • edited December 2009
    yep free is ,

free to push ,

free to be loose ,

free to be mental,

free to call with any old mmmm u know ,

yep freerols are like this always unless,

its a small field of players ,

hence the posters freeroll aint like this.
  • edited December 2009
    your right there irish, love the poster freeroll, best freeroll on the site if you ask me.....
    even tko is a shove fest early on if you ask me, especially f you get on the wrong table.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll:
    probably shouldnt make this thread but i was really annoyed at the amount of all-ins earlier - literally everyhand. when i questioned the players about this i was told 'its one half of poker though innit mate'. im sorry but no it isnt. do people actually play like this in real life? or is it just because its free to play?
    Posted by fatray
    Im one of these players early on in a frreroll you describe, you need a double up (at least ) early on and it costs nowt so 1st rag ace or pair i go for it lol
  • edited December 2009
    i like the freerolls but people do my head in like loony who has just admited shoving with any ace, thats not poker in my opinion and thats why i dont like playing freerolls anymore!
  • edited December 2009
    that play realy gets annoys me and then when ive got a good high pair or good cards ill call and lose to 7 2 i need to get some luck first before playing again its gone down hill, might go to confessions lol
  • edited December 2009

freerolls can be like bingo but the nutters tend to be gone within 1/2 hour after that you can play for a little then it becomes a shove fest..

• edited December 2009
    there just a lotto for the 1st hour
  • edited December 2009
    the problem wih sittng tight is that the blind structure is quick and before u know it your in push mode anyway! the only freeroll worth playing is the friday 1 but even that is a bit wild at start! the posters freeroll is a good 1 though as it is actually poker played well most of the time
  • edited December 2009
    Freerolls are mainly a waste of time,except a few of them and we all know which ones i mean.I really do think sky should start running some higher level buy ins.

They could run maybe 3 a week.Who else would support this at say buy ins of........

500 poker points

750 poker points

1000 poker points

ANYONE AGREE?
  • edited December 2009
    to win at a poker game, do the opposite to everyone else

if they're shoving all the time, simple. Wait for your hands and profit
  • edited December 2009
      I love the freerolls especially the Shed one. 2000 runners 500 of whom cant even spell poker, 500 who think stealing blinds on level 1 is critical and 500 more who think J4 suited is the absolute nuts.

All this and the chance to grind it out for 2 hours to win 12p, what more could you ask for
  • edited December 2009
    Freerolls are mainly a waste of time,except a few of them and we all know which ones i mean.I really do think sky should start running some higher level buy ins. They could run maybe 3 a week.Who else would support this at say buy ins of........ 500 poker points 750 poker points 1000 poker points ANYONE AGREE?
    Posted by dav1964
    Yes!

250/500/750/1000
  • edited December 2009

im fairly new to the forums and have to apologise as i created this thread then completely forgot about it. im really glad i dont seem to be the only person annoyed by this kind of play.
    In Response to annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll : Im one of these players early on in a frreroll you describe, you need a double up (at least ) early on and it costs nowt so 1st rag ace or pair i go for it lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    fair enough you get people doing this at the beginning. im talking just under an hour in, with chipstacks over 4 times the original starting stack. i always figured by coming to a site specifically for poker i'd only encounter real poker players - i was incredibly wrong i see.
    Freerolls are mainly a waste of time,except a few of them and we all know which ones i mean.I really do think sky should start running some higher level buy ins. They could run maybe 3 a week.Who else would support this at say buy ins of........ 500 poker points 750 poker points 1000 poker points ANYONE AGREE?
    Posted by dav1964
    completely agree
    to win at a poker game, do the opposite to everyone else if they're shoving all the time, simple. Wait for your hands and profit
    Posted by Hogg321
    this is the sensible plan, but is almost never effective. the only thing thats retained my faith is what my brother has been saying since i started which is "in the long run you'll make more money than these people" which is fair enough, it just doesnt seem to be happening.
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
     Hi peeps--Any suspicious play in the freerolls should be immediately reported to customer care. They will take this issue very seriously indeed! Scotland Yard will be informed and the full force of the fraud squad will be employed.

anyone that shoves all in without AA or KK is obviously a money launderer that is on this site with the sole intention of turning illegally gotten gains into slightly less illegally gotten gains, don't let them get away with it! Be a good citizen and report them!
  • edited December 2009
     Hi peeps--Any suspicious play in the freerolls should be immediately reported to customer care. They will take this issue very seriously indeed! Scotland Yard will be informed and the full force of the fraud squad will be employed.  anyone that shoves all in without AA or KK is obviously a money launderer that is on this site with the sole intention of turning illegally gotten gains into slightly less illegally gotten gains, don't let them get away with it! Be a good citizen and report them!
    Posted by oynutter
    will do mate. ive got the number saved on speed dial.
  • edited December 2009

Lol Talon agree to the fullest but in point of getting annoyed over the freeroll you just shouldnt play in them its a bit of fun surely you can not go in in full seriousness and if you do not agree its aswell having these for the jokey side of poker too playing on a cash table  as if you are in work so im all for the all ins just learn when too call them!!!
  • edited December 2009
      I love the freerolls especially the Shed one. 2000 runners 500 of whom cant even spell poker, 500 who think stealing blinds on level 1 is critical and 500 more who think J4 suited is the absolute nuts.  All this and the chance to grind it out for 2 hours to win 12p, what more could you ask for
    Posted by Talon
    hey tallon,  i can spell pokar. and i hate it when i don't have five aways on my table.
    j4 suited would never fold that m8  never.

2 hours @12p = 6p per hour  2 f/rs a day = 4hrs = 24p x7 =£1.68 per week 

think i should pack me paper round in. this is more fun and i keep warm.
  • edited December 2009
    it is annoying when people keep going all in but you dont have to, just sit back and bide your time. ive won a freeroll before just play the cards when you have a really good hand thats all you can do
  • edited January 2010
    it cos its free thats the only reason i played in open yesterday and it was nothing like that
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll : hey tallon,  i can spell pokar. and i hate it when i don't have five aways on my table. j4 suited would never fold that m8  never. 2 hours @12p = 6p per hour  2 f/rs a day = 4hrs = 24p x7 =£1.68 per week  think i should pack me paper round in. this is more fun and i keep warm.
    Posted by lufcpat
    You shouldnt be allowed on the internet.
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by dav1964
    Definitely. Make points have some value. Enjoy tornament for pokers sake.
  • edited January 2010
    the poster's freeroll ended a few weeks back. but yes, when it was on, it was for the 50th most active community users. we may look at introducing something similar in the future so keep your eyes open
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    when might this be rich?i need to get some posting practice in, so im ready...