You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll

2»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll:
    the poster's freeroll ended a few weeks back. but yes, when it was on, it was for the 50th most active community users. we may look at introducing something similar in the future so keep your eyes open
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    i mean how long rich?
  • edited January 2010
    the poster's freeroll ended a few weeks back. but yes, when it was on, it was for the 50th most active community users. we may look at introducing something similar in the future so keep your eyes open
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    when rich?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll : when rich?
    Posted by philmenow
    rich?
  • edited January 2010
    but seriously,freerolls are ok,bit of practice,a place to try different style of play,bad beat management,patience,iv won a few, 3000 seated was the 1st 1 i won,what a buzz,5 hours for a tenner(lol),gave me a very small insight into what id have to do to win a decent tourny,it was a true buzz.
  • edited January 2010
    Not only is it free to play but there is very little in way of a prize fund. If the freerolls cost more skypoker points ie 1000 instead of of say 100 and the prize fund as increased tenfold then maybe more players would take it seriously and Sky would please alot of players with otherwise useless points in their accounts.
    Posted by Rattious
    i agree with you totally bigger freeroll prize for more pokerpoint lets start a campain to get it
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll : rich?
    Posted by philmenow

possibly sometime in the future. unfortunately i can't be too specific on when or in fact if?! sorry!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll : possibly sometime in the future. unfortunately i can't be too specific on when or in fact if?! sorry!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    lol,cheers Rich...
  • edited February 2010
    i just wait till all the people go all in even if i have KQ i dnt go all in and then i can play a good game of poker with good players
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll:
    probably shouldnt make this thread but i was really annoyed at the amount of all-ins earlier - literally everyhand. when i questioned the players about this i was told 'its one half of poker though innit mate'. im sorry but no it isnt. do people actually play like this in real life? or is it just because its free to play?
    Posted by fatray
    ITS JUST BECAUSE ITS FREEROLE FATRAY? THEIRS NO OTHER WAY OF WINNING THESE TORNY'S UNLESS U DOUBLE UP SHARPISH?
     PLUS WHY WAIST 4HOURS TO WIN A £12 TICKET TO A MASSIVE TORNY ?
    IF UR WILLING TO SPEND 4HOURS OF UR LIFE 4 £12ticket
    come n work 4 me ? lol
  • edited March 2010
    There was a deep stack  freeroll last weekend that cost 1000 poker points to enter and was limited to 50 entries. blinds went up every 12 minutes and there was a  good standard unlike the 7pm ones. Just to say thanks to Sky for running it and can they do more like it. 

• edited November 2010
    In Response to annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll:
    probably shouldnt make this thread but i was really annoyed at the amount of all-ins earlier - literally everyhand. when i questioned the players about this i was told 'its one half of poker though innit mate'. im sorry but no it isnt. do people actually play like this in real life? or is it just because its free to play?
    Posted by fatray
     another annoying thing is when you have to go all in cos of theblinds, you get aq suited and get taken out by 9 high. Never happen in a money game
  • edited December 2010
    Its no longer a freeroll its a 50p rebuy

1 - IF a freeroll has a rebuy surely the rebuy should be points not cash.  

2 - If you offer rebuy "freerolls" surely there should be freeze out freerolls as well

3- all 5 daily freerolls are NLH and have been for a year even when the site offers PLO Hi and PLO Hi/Lo along with NLO sng's. - I played cash PLO H/L with one of the presenters who said in the chat box that it was shocking the lack of enthusiasm for Omaha on this site.... well if the site ran Omaha freerolls surely that would whet some appetites?

4 - Freerolls are universal to poker sites its a reward for players AND a promotional tool

5 - Sky's Freeroll is the worst free roll structure around in my opinion. On other sites you can play freerolls without points and more meaningful points entry sng's and tournies - some with cash prizes and some with ticket/entries to premium tournament - Sky have managed to take the two elements of push and shove tournies and created a hybrid "free to sit - 50p to rebuy" to produce a farce of a tournie - in most rebuys a portion of players are gung-ho being prepared to risk marginal hands to build a stack or rebuy early on, couple this with a very low prize fund for a "freeroll" - where is the motivation  to play properly?  It might as well be a playmoney game. 

I have 15000 points at present, I am sure many regular players are well into 5 or 6 figures with points from playing £5 + tournies/sng's and cash - I think these REBUY tournies are quite frankly frivilous and reflect badly on skypoker. They clearly dont promote good play or feeling AND in reality are not FREE as you really need to buy an addon....

SKY - YOU ARE NOT REWARDING PLAYERS FOR LOYALTY AND ARE PROMOTING A POOR IMAGE

PLEASE GIVE US PROPER FREEZE OUT MTT's WITH HIGHER POINTS ENTRY AND PRIZES WORTH COMPETING FOR!

• edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll : THE SAME HAPPENED TO ME TONIGHT IN THE TKO, WAS EXTREMELY PEED OFF BUT THERE YOU GO. MY GAME FROM NOW ON IS TO SIT BACK AS LONG AS POSSIBLE TILL ALL THE SHOVERS GET TAKEN OUT, CANT POSSIBLY FEEL ANY WORSE & AT LEAST I WILL STAY IN GAME LONGER XX
    Posted by borobabe09
    hi borobabe
  • edited December 2010
    yep free is , free to push , free to be loose , free to be mental, free to call with any old mmmm u know , yep freerols are like this always unless, its a small field of players , hence the posters freeroll aint like this.
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Hello Rover,..........I wonder if you (or anyone else) could elaborate re; Posters Freeroll....I am not aware there was one and what it entails.......thanks in anticipation,...Billy
  • edited December 2010
    In Response to Re: annoying play in the 7 o'clock freeroll : Hello Rover,..........I wonder if you (or anyone else) could elaborate re; Posters Freeroll....I am not aware there was one and what it entails.......thanks in anticipation,...Billy
    Posted by billyboots
    Back in the good old day Sky Rich used to hold a freeroll for the best posters in the forum, limited entry and decent payout - as I recall Acebarry made his bankroll from playing in this!

Saddly its long gone :~(