You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HUSNG Standard Structure Diary

2»

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Nicely done hotwheals i'm playing the main tonight as a reward for doing aload of coursework so maybe see you at the tables, noticed you been playing some hypers lately thats a big jump from the standard games in terms of mindset i found using a stop loss worked worked well for me when i was getting a bit more used to them, e.g. if you lose £15 have a 20 min break or something like that. Anyway good luck in the tournys and i'll keep a look out for you.
  • edited February 2013
    Trust me mate will be sticking to standards from now on as for turnies cashed in deep and took 4 heads in mini bounty hunter the other games i crashed out early. Back to the grind now lol.

BR:£526.90
  • edited February 2013
    Just finished evening 10 games winning 7 and losing 3. So at least im back on the winning trail.

BR: £544.40
  • edited February 2013
    Not a good sunday at all played 50 games won 24 and lost 26. My own fault as i just got it in way to many times when i shouldnt have, Never mind will call it a day today and come back refreshed this week. :)

BR: £521.90
  • edited February 2013
    ok then back to it today i aim to play 30 heads up games as well as the 3 DTD comps tonight so will update tonight on my progress :)
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG Standard Structure Diary:
    ok then back to it today i aim to play 30 heads up games as well as the 3 DTD comps tonight so will update tonight on my progress :)
    Posted by Hotwheals
    hey hotwheals i will give you a games of hu if you like easy money for you lol
  • edited February 2013
    Well thats me done for the day im absolutely shattered. Had a good day, didnt do anything in the 3 small comps but had a good day on the heads up winning 18 and losing 12. Going to have a day off tomorrow and recharge my batteries as i need to be as fresh as possible playing standard heads up games. P.S. Sorry liam didnt see that post till late, come find me soon and we can have a few games :)

BR: £533.90
  • edited February 2013
    Well thats me done for the day im absolutely shattered. Had a good day, didnt do anything in the 3 small comps but had a good day on the heads up winning 18 and losing 12. Going to have a day off tomorrow and recharge my batteries as i need to be as fresh as possible playing standard heads up games. P.S. Sorry liam didnt see that post till late, come find me soon and we can have a few games :) BR: £533.90
    Posted by Hotwheals
    no probs just wanted to try a different format just pm me if you fancy few games(standard games) I need to improve hu game so be good to play someone like yourself that has had great sucess in hu sng`s.
  • edited February 2013
    Just had a nice session of 10 games winning 8 and losing 2. Not played as much in the last few days as im doing a lot of reading on the game in books and things to try and close a few leaks i have.

BR: £561.40
  • edited February 2013
    Thought i would have a bit of fun for 30 mins before i get to the grind so i played 30 mins of 2 tabling £1.05 hypers. Only lost £0.70 but god it wont be happening again as then games are way to fast for me lol. I cant believe i nearly played 30 games. They really are not for me. The slower the better lol. :)

BR £560.70
  • edited February 2013
    Bankroll steadily increasing mate keep up the good work.  I have been two and three tabling hypers last three days, you will have to turn into a hyper-agressive donk who stations every hand down and gets it in super light all the time like me and obviously be on a permenant heater lol Good luck on the grind tonight, no poker for me tonight too much work :(
  • edited February 2013
    Bankroll steadily increasing mate keep up the good work.  I have been two and three tabling hypers last three days, you will have to turn into a hyper-agressive donk who stations every hand down and gets it in super light all the time like me and obviously be on a permenant heater lol Good luck on the grind tonight, no poker for me tonight too much work :(
    Posted by benc
    I dont know how you play them they are horrible lol. Just a small session tonight and a small loss as i won 5 and lost 5. Quite a strange session as i thought i played really well but the cards didnt agree with me tonight lol.

BR: £558.20
  • edited March 2013
    Well that was a tough winning session played 20 won 12 lost 8. Had a real battle in this session with the variance. I really do feel at this level a lot of the problem is concentration as it can get lengthy playing these games but i feel i am doing ok at the moment. Will update in 30 games time :)

BR: £573.20
  • edited March 2013
    Last couple of sessions have been really good. Played really solidly and won my fair share of flips. All in all i played 30 games and won 20 and lost 10. Played 900 games now and i really feel im getting a good feel for this level, only 1100 more before i can move up lol.

BR: £615.70
  • edited March 2013
    Just a small session today won 5 and lost 5. Interesting session as there were 2 players who read this thread who totally owned me in our matches so wd to you two you know who you are, i would name you but some like to not be mentioned so i will air on the side of caution. As for the rest of the session felt in control and played quite well.

BR: £613.20
  • edited March 2013
    Just a small session today won 5 and lost 5. Interesting session as there were 2 players who read this thread who totally owned me in our matches so wd to you two you know who you are, i would name you but some like to not be mentioned so i will air on the side of caution. As for the rest of the session felt in control and played quite well. BR: £613.20
    Posted by Hotwheals
      Going really well m8, keep up the good work. And i dont mind you mentioning me lol.  Was pure luck and you know it.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: HUSNG Standard Structure Diary :   Going really well m8, keep up the good work. And i dont mind you mentioning me lol.  Was pure luck and you know it.
    Posted by pomfrittes

No luck about it mate, your a good player, hope to see you around soon. As for today im going to be playing the DTD comps tonight so thats 3 tournaments and im also hoping to get in another 10 standard heads up games as well. Will update later on my progress :)
  • edited March 2013
    Well that was a decent day. Only managed to get 6 heads up games in but won them all. As for the DTD Comps was quickly out of two of them but managed to dodge 260 other players to take down DTD 2 for £67.86. Back to the grind tomorrow and hopefully get a good amount of heads up games done :)

BR: £704.06
  • edited March 2013
    Just done a hard morning and afternoon session of 24 games, added in a few turbos but not many to get the amount i played up as its been down a bit over the past few days, anyway pritty standard won 13 and lost 11 for a small profit. Gonna play the 1k freeroll at 7pm and then get another 10 games of standards in as well all being well. Will update later tonight :) 

BR: £708.06
  • edited March 2013
    Hey Carl well done on the dtd win mate very nice boost to the bankroll, how many games have you got through in total now at the 5.25 level? i have scope if you ever want me to dig up some stats etc for you.
  • edited March 2013
    Yes cheers mate that would be great my stats tell me 940 games played at the moment but i dont know what my ROI is over thet tbh. :) Istarted the challenge on the 27th November if that helps and all have been mostly standards, with a few turbos,hypers and supersonics thrown in. I think i have also had 4 £10.50 games included in the middle somewhere as like shots. Any stats would be great mate :)
  • edited March 2013
    Ok here are your stats for only HU games between (27/11/12 - 05/03/13)

Games played:932
    Av profit: £0.65
    Av stake: £4.98
    Av ROI: 12%
    Profit: £608

When i used to track each and every game myself they had a tendency to miss the odd few so that will most likely explain some of the games missing. Anyway from what i understand they are really good stats, i'm sure lambert or dohh would know more about what the average/above average roi etc is, but by the looks of it your crushing so keep it up mate.

• edited March 2013
    Average ROI of 12% for HU is fantastic! Keep up the great work :)
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks for that Benc much appreciated and thanks for the compliments goldnballz. Just busted the freeroll in 15 mins, too much lag for my liking. Back to the grind now and 10 games whilst watching the footy :)
  • edited March 2013
    Actually managed 20 games tonight, won 10 lost 10. The varience tonight really played on the brain so i need sleep now lol. 

BR: £703.06
  • edited March 2013
    Juat finished my first set of 1000 games winning 586 and losing 414 for a win percentage of 58.6%. I think this is quite good however i dont expect to achieve this under the new structure as i will have to get more aggresive. In the next 1000 i hope to add in a few Omaha Hi-Lo games as well :)
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah 12% ROI over like 1000 games @ HU is pretty amazing. Keep it up!
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah 12% ROI over like 1000 games @ HU is pretty amazing. Keep it up!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Just out of interest what do u or anyone else think is a standard ROI at heads up level ?
  • edited March 2013
    It depends completely on the structure with HU SnGs because the faster the structure, the smaller your edge is.

Hypers - 2-3% long term is very good.

Turbos - 7-8% long term is very good.

Regulars - This is more guesswork cos I've never played regulars or had any interest in them (way too slow for me) but you should have a bigger edge than Turbos so probably 10% is very good.

Speak to Wason6, he is permanently on the Sharkscope leaderboard for profit on Sky and I think he mostly plays Standard structure HU games.