You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Gamers: what are you playing at the moment?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    I seen it was on missed the timing of it tho - sigh 

Been watching alot more "top" players playing various games, some of the MLG and EGC stuff you get on youtube is a real eye opener. 
  • edited April 2013
    stuck in bioshock where you have to kill the ghost in the graveyard, got AoE2 HD & worms reloaded the other day on steam for some nostalgia, also play waaaay too much league of legends
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Gamers: what are you playing at the moment?:
    stuck in bioshock where you have to kill the ghost in the graveyard, got AoE2 HD & worms reloaded the other day on steam for some nostalgia, also play waaaay too much league of legends
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

I've heard such good things about Bioshock Infinite it's only a matter of time before I cave in and get it.

As for LoL, I know Sky Sam is a dab hand on there. I have tried it every now and then but not quite got going on it. I tend to play Ashe when I do log in though. Seems tough to get a co-ordinated team game with randoms though, so puts me off when everyone decides they're going to pile in on top lane EVERY SINGLE GAME! :)

• edited April 2013
    I seen it was on missed the timing of it tho - sigh  Been watching alot more "top" players playing various games, some of the MLG and EGC stuff you get on youtube is a real eye opener. 
    Posted by The_Don90

I watch MLG and scrims every few days. There are a couple of good sites out there for catching up on old broadcasts, too.
  • edited April 2013
    The original Bioshock is still worth a look, Dave. Great atmosphere in that game!
    Although you don't need to have played 1 & 2 to play Infinite.

• edited April 2013
    I'm coming towards the end of Infinite, and i've been impressed with it. Definitely worth picking up.
    Been hearing a lot of good things about the new Tomb Raider so may have to get that next.
  • edited April 2013
    Anyone play StarCraft 2?

If you do, check out the MLG games on Twitch, those Koreans are on another level. 

I've been playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent (I think it's called) a bit again recently and it is probably one of the scariest games I've played. Playing it at night in the dark, it's really good. Pretty cheap on steam iirc!
  • edited April 2013
     ps3>>> XBOX, same with the others after the ul moments on  poker,fifa13!! will chill you out
  • edited April 2013
    Finally managed to finish Wonderboy in monsterland and Shinobi on the Sega master system after failing over 20 yrs ago.For pure playability as good as anything nowadays imo.
  • edited April 2013
    Completed Gears Judgment now - bar one annoying achievement (the special event one for those asking). So with the return of F1 ive gone back to F1 2012 - actually didnt buy it till i quit smoking in january and didnt get  to play it much. I have my ideas on how an F1 game should be run but Codemasters have hugely differen ideas to me. I mean what fun is it winning races in a Marussia ffs! not only that how realistic is it that i come 1st every race, my team mate comes last - any team with half a brain would sack my team mate for performing terrible, 

Edit: If anyone fancys an online campain, (co-op or vs.) of Shogun Total War 2, give me a pm. Really enjoy the strategy - just not every good lol. 
  • edited April 2013

Still playing Far Cry 3, can't get enough of it.

Also playing Final Fantasy 7 and 8 on my PSP for the 100th time...

Finished the new Tomb Raider recently, plays more like Resident Evil 4/5 than anything else but still a ridiculously good game.

• edited April 2013
    Still playing Far Cry 3, can't get enough of it. Also playing Final Fantasy 7 and 8 on my PSP for the 100th time... Finished the new Tomb Raider recently, plays more like Resident Evil 4/5 than anything else but still a ridiculously good game.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    <3
  • edited April 2013
    Anyone play StarCraft 2? If you do, check out the MLG games on Twitch, those Koreans are on another level.  I've been playing Amnesia: The Dark Descent (I think it's called) a bit again recently and it is probably one of the scariest games I've played. Playing it at night in the dark, it's really good. Pretty cheap on steam iirc!
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    You may have lost Sky some rake here Sam :p

I checked out some Starcraft vids and remembered how much I love Starcraft. I now have this unbelievable urge to play it again, so gonna have to take some time off poker.

• edited April 2013
    played sc2 for a while got to masters in season 1/2/3 i think then lost interest cos teraan op! not watched it since kespa people switched over to sc2 from BW, do players like marineking/mvp/nestea/parting still play at the top level? and how do the old BW pros do at it?
  • edited May 2013
    Does anyone have any recommendations for me...

I wanna play a horror (?), 3rd person game on the Xbox 360, like a Resi or maybe Silent Hill type game, something with a bit of atmosphere.

I'm strict with the games I play and don't waste my time with 7/10 kinda games. Don't mind if it's old, even if it's an original Xbox game, as long as it's good.

Thoughts?
  • edited May 2013
    Does anyone have any recommendations for me... I wanna play a horror (?), 3rd person game on the Xbox 360, like a Resi or maybe Silent Hill type game, something with a bit of atmosphere. I'm strict with the games I play and don't waste my time with 7/10 kinda games. Don't mind if it's old, even if it's an original Xbox game, as long as it's good. Thoughts?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Don't think it would class as 'horror' (and it's 1st person), but have you tried Bioshock*? Spooky in parts, makes you jump!.. 1st person as I said.. but the atmosphere is fantastic.

* the original Bioshock

• edited May 2013
    That is a game I keep meaning to get and then always forget, then someone reminds me, I mean to get it and then forget again.

Do you feel like you 'get involved'  in the game with Bioshock? Like Mass Effect is a really good game (game-play wise), but kinda feels like I'm just going from place A to place B, killing some people along the way, and the story and atmosphere is a bit lacking.
  • edited May 2013
    If you want a 3rd person horror, look no further than the Dead Space games.
  • edited May 2013
    Cheers Lee,

Is there anything you'd compare it/say it's similar to? Resi, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell? or is it quite unique?

Searching for a better way of saying it but I can't so I'll just ask this way cos you'll know what I mean... is it more of a puzzley 3rd person horror, or more shooty, or a bit of a mix?

I'd be starting with number 1 if I go down that route, cos I have to do things in order. Is it worth playing all 3 or are they a bit samey and you might prefer to skip out the first 1 or w/e ?
  • edited May 2013
    Also... off topic from 3rd person horror games but what do people think of Fallout3, is it worth a punt?
  • edited May 2013
    Also... off topic from 3rd person horror games but what do people think of Fallout3, is it worth a punt?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Absolutely loved it. You really have to get the DLC too.

Two negatives for me - Bethesda's stupid navigation system (an arrow that moves left/right to tell you where to go, but doesn't indicate above/below and is basically annoying), and the Fallout 'Vaults' which were a bit 'samey' - BUT, I did really like the game overall.

• edited May 2013
    I'd probably say more similar to Resi out of those. It's got some puzzle elements but mostly a shooter, very very dark, and scary. you can probably pick up 1 and 2 very cheap now. Never played 3, reviews weren't as good for that.
  • edited May 2013
    My mate built me a proper gaming PC couple of months ago haveing never had a console since the ps3 loving getting back into gaming atm.

Assasins Creed 3 was a great game in my opiion although the multiplayer sucks.

Far Cry 3 got board of havent completed the full campagin yet just found the bots got abit easy and predictable.

Anybody else playing Planet side 2? its a MMO first person shooter and free to play!!! some of the maps you can have around 500 people playing at once its insane
  • edited May 2013
    Football Manager and Sky Poker combination, what a day you can't beat it.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Gamers: what are you playing at the moment?:
    I have been playing a lot of first person shooters recently on Xbox and wondered which side of the COD v Halo fence you came down on. I've been playing COD for the last 3-4 releases and only picked up Halo 4 about 2 months ago. I have to say, I am REALLY enjoying the more chilled Halo game play though. Also given Battlefield 3 a go and I do enjoy it, but it's not close to the previous two IMO. Any other console gamers out there? If so, which games are you playing at the moment?
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    COD "world at war" keep going back to it! Sound efects are sensasional through a 12" sub...rocks the house dave...Completed it once on the hardest level...NEVER AGAIN! Blew my mind! Not bad for a 60yr old eh! I need to grow up...Tried "SKYRIM" not keen!!!Also...."FAR CRY 3" But struggling with the save system...Its confusing!

Frank
  • edited June 2013
    Asteroids was immense. Nothing beats Pac Man for old school gaming though. As for Crysis 3, I jumped straight into multiplayer and really enjoyed it. Thought MW3 was a whole heap better than Black Ops 2 as well, which was majorly disappointing...
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Defender was the one, awesome

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Gamers: what are you playing at the moment? : You may have lost Sky some rake here Sam :p I checked out some Starcraft vids and remembered how much I love Starcraft. I now have this unbelievable urge to play it again, so gonna have to take some time off poker.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Wups xD
  • edited June 2013
    Still playing Far Cry 3, can't get enough of it. Also playing Final Fantasy 7 and 8 on my PSP for the 100th time... Finished the new Tomb Raider recently, plays more like Resident Evil 4/5 than anything else but still a ridiculously good game.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Dan, I started FC3...gave up after a while, cant get to grips with the save system....will start it again soon, any tips on how to save, Can i dump auto save and save manually!

Love the far cry games!

Frank
  • edited June 2013
    I got Fallout 3 for Father's Day btw so that's what I'm playing atm. About 7-8 hours in already and really enjoying it... I had no idea it was made by Bethesda, it's basically Oblivion with guns which certainly isn't a bad thing.
  • edited June 2013
    Howdy folks!

Gaming update from me....

Still hooked on Black Ops 2, really enjoying the meta game that is going on nowadays in the League Play matches - nowadays everyone is using EMPs on Hardpoint so Hard Wired becomes a more viable perk, etc etc. Definitely lots of "saaaaaay what??!" moments with the lag comp still, but love the game nonetheless.

Been playing a fair bit more League of Legends, too. Shame that most players in the public matches don't seem to buy into team play, but I am enjoying that too - up to Level 10 or so I think. Sky Sam will laugh at that...

Also got a few new ones - Grid 2 (I am shocking at driving games so not got into this as much as I'd hoped) and The Last of Us, which is a GENIUS game. If any of you are on PS3, it's well worth checking out.

Other big news - Xbox ONE has back peddled on their DRM policy. Big win for gamers as it means you'll be able to trade, borrow, lend etc. Also no need for the connect to the net once every 24 hours caveat either. Looks like Microsoft were worried about how Sony had handled their PS4 launch.

Games I hope to get a hold of soon: Bioshock Infinite, Metro and GTA V when it comes out.