You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan.:

I have to say I'm not a fan in advance of having the Cheltenham preview eating into poker time, but we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, in Golden Miller-relaed news, I hope the fantastic mare Quevaga gets a mention. She will be bidding to equal The Miller's record of winning the same race at the Festival five times in a row (in her case the Mares' Hurdle on the opening day)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan. : Fair comment Mr Borin, but at best, even if tonight's trial proves successful or popular, & we do it for other Sporting Events, it will take up around 1% of our Live Output. Seems a bit extreme to change the Show name for such a mini-diversion. Other thread feedback seems to take the complete opposite view. Horses - whoops - for courses & all that. There will be quite a lot of fresh & different stuff coming up, almost all of it poker-related. My Nan used to say "a little of what is no good for you does you good".   To this day, I still don't know what she meant, but Nan's are never wrong, eh? A "bit silly". Nailed me on that one. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10

infact mr loner if you put attheraces on a saturday lunchtime they have an hour show just talking football and other sports

they to get criticised for this :)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan. : infact mr loner if you put attheraces on a saturday lunchtime they have an hour show just talking football and other sports they to get criticised for this :)
    Posted by bugaloo
    The world just makes no sense.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan. : Good try Mr Vespa, but you have just copied that from Mr Wiki! I could write a whole book about Golden Miller & stories about him & his connections, so we need a bit more really.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sigh
    (was the right answer though?)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan. : The world just makes no sense.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    On that, Mr Borin, we are in full agreement.

Anyway, it's an hour of TV time, & in the grand scheme of things, not something that will kill or cure anyone, or anything.   

Enjoy your evening, & if you are a United fan, hope the game goes well.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan. : infact mr loner if you put attheraces on a saturday lunchtime they have an hour show just talking football and other sports they to get criticised for this :)
    Posted by bugaloo
    Yup. In modern business parlance, this is called "cross-sell", where followers of one particular sport or past-time are introduced to other stuff, & vice-versa 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan. : Fancy for The Masters, what like one pick? Well now that you ask, I am feeling rather smug about my ante post bet on Brandt Snedeker at 66/1. As long as his sore ribs don't turn out to be something more sinister, I'm at least happy that I have found a 'value bet'. My other ante post bet is Dustin Johnson at 40/1, which for a while was also looking like great value. How about you Tikay?
    Posted by TheDart
    Ha! Well as I'm sure you well know, when betting Golf, the variance is huge, & so are the prices, 40/1 winners are commonplace, so we generally pick a little basket of players.

At present, by a spooky coincidence, the only bet I have so far is also on Snedeker, though I got a far worse price than you. My price is still ahead of the Market though, & that is all that matters - value. I will look at widening the portfolio shortly, but if I can get the right prices (which is crucial) I'd like a nibble at Noh, Colsaerts, & Kuchar. Don't underestimate Mr Mcillroy either, if his price drifts much further.  

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan. : Ha! Well as I'm sure you well know, when betting Golf, the variance is huge, & so are the prices, 40/1 winners are commonplace, so we generally pick a little basket of players. At present, by a spooky coincidence, the only bet I have so far is also on Snedeker, though I got a far worse price than you. My price is still ahead of the Market though, & that is all that matters - value. I will look at widening the portfolio shortly, but if I can get the right prices (which is crucial) I'd like a nibble at Noh, Colsaerts, & Kuchar. Don't underestimate Mr Mcillroy either, if his price drifts much further.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I tell you what else is a little spooky, I was trying to explain to somebody yesterday about what I believe to be the key to finding a little success in the golfing markets and the keywords I emphasised were portfolio and value!

I like your shortlist, for future nibbles, I like Nick Watney at current prices if he shows some decent form over the next few days / weeks.

As for Rory, who'd have thought you could get 25/1 on him for the WGC this week!

I can shoot 120 one day and quite easily 105 the next, so if I can shave off 15 shots in a day, I'm sure Rory can improve by 15 shots from last week ;)

Seriously though, we all know class is permanent and it surely can't be long (even this week) before everything clicks back into place for young Rory.

• edited March 2013
    Hi Tikay & Jules

I'll be playing the mini tonight on a free ticket won on Sunday nights show feel free to drop in and see how I'm doing during the show, I expect I'll be KRUSHING!
  • edited March 2013
    Please tell Orford that I hope he gets well soon, --- I read somewhere that a shock can be a big setback to recovery
  • edited March 2013
     as an avid racing fan,think this is a great idea.its like the wso jump racing
    im praying for no rain from now until after tues,as i have had a few pennies on grandouet at 12/1

now tikay,you mentioned a couple of months ago, a horse called tingle creek,the trainer was H Thomson-Jones
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight's Turbo Tuesday Show - slight change of plan. : *sigh* Hoping it's not well received, then. I like poker on Sky Poker. Tennis, 'orses and golf not so much. They have their own shows and what not. It does beg the question of whether the poker side of Sky B&G is struggling... Or is the idea of this to encourage poker players to have a bit more of a gamble on sports betting? Obviously all poker players are degen gamblers, so why not, eh? (I'm just playing devil's advocate really. I'll find something else to do between 8-9 so it's no bother to me)
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I've heard there is some sort of football match going on then.  May be worth your while checking it out.  Not sure if the teams are any good though.  I used to be able to see their names somewhere but its dissappeared overnight somewhere.  
  • edited March 2013
    hi all,

there have only been 2 champion flat jockey,s that have ridden winners at the cheltenham festival can you name them.
  • edited March 2013
    hi all, there have only been 2 champion flat jockey,s that have ridden winners at the cheltenham festival can you name them.
    Posted by thejudge10
    Yes :)

Does Michael think that anything can beat Sprinter Sacre in the Queen Mother Champion Chase?

Can Tikay confirm that the winners of all the festival freerolls get free entry into SPT London as a special well done from Sky?

Have a great show and run well everyone
  • edited March 2013
    I normally watch every show on 861. Tonight I will give it a miss after the first hour as I have no interest in racing.......

.....unless I make the FT of the ME, in which case I will switch back at 10 o'clock.
  • edited March 2013
    Called by better?
    Hand History #629388317 (19:28 05/03/2013) 1k freeroll
  • edited March 2013
    Called by better? Hand History #629388317 (19:28 05/03/2013) 1k freeroll
    Posted by belsibub
    And again.
    Hand History #629396590 (19:42 05/03/2013) 1k freeroll
  • edited March 2013
    Get well soon Mr Orford! First show missed since Sky started! must be serious!
    I love the Cheltenham festival its the most exciting festival of the year rivalled only by Royal Ascot and Aintree!

My question is

Do the team think Steeple Chasing is becoming more high profile with the likes of AP Obrien, Dermot Weld and Mark Johnson entering horses at the festival?
    Or do you think those top Flat Trainers think they can pick up easy money in the Champion Bumper?

My fancy for the Champion hurdle is Grandouet and although I'd love to see Sprinter Sacre win in style I believe this race will be the shock of the festival!
    Do you think the prices will be better now or on the day?

Looking forward to some great Tv
  • edited March 2013

my mum and stepdad have been going for about 15 years and stay at same small hotel just near the racetrack..

and they always win except for the time the horse they chose was winning until a pheasant flew into the horse.....1st to last in an instant.

on the poker front well done to rivermunky for winning the 10k primo on sunday and for me getting into spt london for £2.35

• edited March 2013
    Hello to all,

Enjoying the change to GGs.

Could Shinners advise as to which races at Chelt' offer the best value for an each way
    punter looking for good odds ?.

Have a good show. 

• edited March 2013
    Does Tikay remember my favourite horse called Willie Wumpkins?
    What horse has been his favourite over the years and why?
  • edited March 2013

hi tikay
    JACKPOT 21:30 pm      

main mini both %  
    entered 152 386 64 42  
    left 25 213      

chapperman 8 112      
    b123n 9 31      
    macapaca 14 132      
    wudibluff 16 213      

• edited March 2013
    Very happy birthday Tikay.  21 isn't it ;)
  • edited March 2013
    Hi 

can you please play this hand from masterash 4 about 10 mins ago please. 

Shout at me repeatedly. 

• edited March 2013
    JACKPOT 21:35 pm      

main mini both %  
    entered 152 386 67 44  
    left 19 82      

chapperman 11 40      

• edited March 2013

Congratulations to KAARDRAACK, CARDUTHEJUDGE10,DUNMIDOSH who win the SkyBet comp tonight, a £25 free Bet. Good Luck. In order to claim your free bet please send your SkyBet ID to skyopen@bskyb.com

• edited March 2013
    I'm allowing myself to tune in now the football's over, hopefully I didn't miss too much!
  • edited March 2013
    Hello to all,

Greatly enjoying the mixture of horses and cash hand poker analysis from TKay.

Many thanks for the comp prize of a £25 free bet . Now comes the tricky bit of selecting a runner at Cheltenham.

Have a great show.

Phil
  • edited March 2013
    Hi,

Does tikay know the name of the bridge that is the highest in the world, its 18,000 ft above sea level & only 30 meters long.

Answer: Baily Bridge

Good show btw the newbie is cool
  • edited March 2013
    hi jules and tikay, more on this caption, the trainer was basil briscoe, who trained golden miller to win 4 gold cups and a grand national under his care, but he fell out with the joint owner after the horse tried to refuse at a fence and threw his jockey off when running in the 1935 grand national, basil briscoe was never same man after this ordeal.  he also part owned a 100/1 winner called elton to win the 1935 cambridgeshire, in which won him £10,000 meaning he then could afford to get married.

have a great show. ms-tree