You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition...

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

Sit & Go's on Sky Poker have been given a bit of an overhaul, with a new addition to the site literally 15 minutes ago, as well as some tidying up and refinements to the selection as a whole. I'll try and do this as thoroughly as possible, but I am not Tikay, so apologies in advance if I miss something!

1) 50/50s

A new tournament added to the lobby. Much like a DYM, half of the field are paid out, half are not. Those who cash ALL get their buy-ins back, with the remaining cash split according to chip counts.

2) Sit & Go - Blinds

With the exception of DYMs, the blind structure on Sit & Go's has been changed to the following:

15/30
25/50
40/80
50/100
75/150
100/200
150/300
200/400
300/600
400/800
500/1000
600/1200
800/1600
1000/2000
1500/3000

3) Sit & Go - Clocks

With DYMs again remaining unaffected, Sit & Gos are now either 7 minute, 5 minute or 2 minute clocks.

4) Sit & Go - Naming

The names used have been changed to something which I feel will be easier for customers to understand and navigate. You won't find any more Hypercharged, Supersonics, etc. Now they are named according to the type of tournament first, then the speed indicated in brackets. 

i.e., Six-Max, Heads-up, Six-Max (Fast), Heads-up (Fast), Six-Max (Turbo), etc.

5) Sit & Go - Prices

Most Sit & Gos are now available from £1.10 upwards. DYMs and Turbo DYMs are still available for under £1.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Brilliant Dave.

I'll get on to posting up some kinda comp to boost SnG numbers. Once I post something up, I'll PM you to se if we can get some prizes if that's ok?
  • edited March 2013
    Having played 50/50s elsewhere I'm very happy to see them here, a wecome addition to the Sky STT lobby imo. It's pleasing to see even the micro-stakes tables being raked at a competitive 10%.

Just one question; if the 50/50s prove popular are there any plans to remove DYMs?
  • edited March 2013

Happy to see something done about the different 'names'.

But speed and turbo are still 2 words that mean the same thing, I wouldn't know which one was faster without checking the lobby.

Wouldn't 'reg speed, 'turbo' and 'hyper turbo' be better? It's still confusing, but already a great improvement on all the random names we had before.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition...:
    Happy to see something done about the different 'names'. But speed and turbo are still 2 words that mean the same thing, I wouldn't know which one was faster without checking the lobby. Wouldn't 'reg speed, 'turbo' and 'hyper turbo' be better? It's still confusing, but already a great improvement on all the random names we had before.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Or how about, fast, really fast and really really fast?

Hope that helps ;)
  • edited March 2013
    Happy to see something done about the different 'names'. But speed and turbo are still 2 words that mean the same thing, I wouldn't know which one was faster without checking the lobby. Wouldn't 'reg speed, 'turbo' and 'hyper turbo' be better? It's still confusing, but already a great improvement on all the random names we had before.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Pretty much any two words to do with 'pace' are somewhat subjective, so this was always going to be tricky. The onus now is on the type of SNG being clearer though, which I think this achieves. The rest is basically something we could pick apart ad infinitum.

• edited March 2013

Wouldnt it be better make things simple offer one type of sit and go and get a decent liquidity going.

eg just offer 6 max dym at 6 different buy in levels.

It confuses me all different types of games, so I dread to think how a casual player feels looking at the lobby.

• edited March 2013
    Dave just noticed something... When you set the filters to SnG >> Regular, HU games still appear.

EDIT: Just realised it's because the 2nd stage of the filter refers to the speed and not the game type. This is pretty confusing when you have a DYM and HU tab which do relate to the game type but other tabs relate to the speed and not the game type :S

IMO there needs to be a tab for Regular (regular SnGs), 50/50s, DYMs, HU, and All-in. Then if need-be a function to filter down further within each group on speed. At the moment there is no way of saying 'I want to play a regular SnG so let's look at all of the regular SnGs in the lobby at once'
  • edited March 2013
    I think the addition of 50/50s is a great move.  I wouldn't mind or be surprised if they flat out replace DYMs in the future, however if this happened I would like to see the 50/50s available for less than £1 to replace the DYMs and Turbo DYMs currently at those stakes.
  • edited March 2013
    Dave just noticed something... When you set the filters to SnG />> Regular, HU games still appear.
    Posted by Lambert180

Is the Filters box ticked after you make the edits?

• edited March 2013
    No I never have the filter box ticked.

Just realised it's because the 2nd stage of the filter refers to the speed and not the game type. This is pretty confusing when you have a DYM and HU tab which do relate to the game type but other tabs relate to the speed and not the game type :S

IMO there needs to be a tab for Regular (regular SnGs), 50/50s, DYMs, HU, and All-in. Then if need-be a function to filter down further within each group on speed. At the moment there is no way of saying 'I want to play a regular SnG so let's look at all of the regular SnGs in the lobby at once' (by regular I mean top 2 get paid, not the speed)
  • edited March 2013
    I wouldn't like to see 50/50s replace DYMs, there is very much a different way of playing them
  • edited March 2013
    I think the addition of 50/50s is a great move.  I wouldn't mind or be surprised if they flat out replace DYMs in the future, however if this happened I would like to see the 50/50s available for less than £1 to replace the DYMs and Turbo DYMs currently at those stakes.
    Posted by TommyD
    Offering  many options to players is great.
    Personally, i dislike 50/50's but can see why people like to play them.
    To say that you wouldn't mind seeing them replace dym's though i think is pretty odd.
    They are very popular on here and to take them away woukld be a strange business decision from sky
  • edited March 2013
    Go to say I hate the changes to the hyper HU's....

the first 2 blind levels have been changed from 10/20 followed by 15/30 to 15/30 followed by 25/50.

I know they are hyper but they are now ridiculous, imo. Not like they weren't quick enough or popular enough before?? Why change them??
  • edited March 2013
    The big reason to remove DYM's and the reason they were removed from Stars is that they're just so easy to collude in. They might be popular but running games in which your customers are defrauded isn't good for business.

I'm not sure how much less vulnerable the 50/50's are to this in comparison. Not sure that Sky will even consider removing DYM's either. That's just the reason that they might do so.
  • edited March 2013
    No sit & go bounty hunters anymore?
  • edited March 2013
    why not just go the whole hog any get rid of DYM'S & any other descent structured disciplines,possibly even 'cash tables' too, and make all competitons/disciplines inc so called 'freerolls' which they aren't btw,an 'auto all-in' fest,where absolutely no 'skill' is required,thus giving 'new players' an equal chance of winning something,as this also seems to be 'on the agenda' atm,then everyone will be happy(well maybe not everyone,with the exception of those players that have found an edge in their respective game choices),inc Sky as the turn over will be 'speeded up' thus making them more money also in the process.  LOL
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    Also, the HU (speed) SnG's have no 'description' when you open the lobby i.e you can't see how many chips you start with.

Needs sorting.
  • edited March 2013
    No sit & go bounty hunters anymore?
    Posted by belsibub
    These would dilute liquidity from the other games. With a small player pool you can't afford to offer too many alternatives. Getting games running quickly has to be the priority, so funnelling players into fewer games is preferable.
  • edited March 2013
    Go to say I hate the changes to the hyper HU's.... the first 2 blind levels have been changed from 10/20 followed by 15/30 to 15/30 followed by 25/50. I know they are hyper but they are now ridiculous, imo. Not like they weren't quick enough or popular enough before?? Why change them??
    Posted by goldnballz
    This is a concern.
  • edited March 2013
    Go to say I hate the changes to the hyper HU's.... the first 2 blind levels have been changed from 10/20 followed by 15/30 to 15/30 followed by 25/50. I know they are hyper but they are now ridiculous, imo. Not like they weren't quick enough or popular enough before?? Why change them??
    Posted by goldnballz
    This is a terrible change. 

Skys structure mirrored the structure of hypers on every other site where they are extremely popular, far more popular than any other structure of HU sng. 

Hope this is a mistake. 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition... : This is a terrible change.  Skys structure mirrored the structure of hypers on every other site where they are extremely popular, far more popular than any other structure of HU sng.  Hope this is a mistake. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This has been raised and the old blind structure for Heads-Up (Hypers) will be restored shortly. Apologies for the oversight.
  • edited March 2013
    I assume the Hyper structure is a mistake because it makes them pretty much unplayable. I assume this is a mistake and will be fixed.

Devon I don't really get the big rant about removing all the skill edge? Most of these games always existed, the main difference being that the regular SnGs had terrible structures which did reduce your edge, this is now fixed so the edge can be bigger, don't understand tbh.

• edited March 2013
    The standard heads up games have been ruined by this change, they have now become an all in shove fest. You might think whats the difference starting at 15/30 rather than 10/20, well a lot. You might as well just shove and hope now, but as long as sky is getting more games in per hour i suppose we all have to deal with it :/
  • edited March 2013

I have never seen such a major brand as SKY have such pathetic communication skills. Log on today to find HUSNG structures changed, was this communicated?? Were players consulted about the changes?? Removing the 10/20 blind level for Turbos and Hypers is a big mistake imo. Can someone please tell me the thought process/reasoning behind this?

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition... : Offering  many options to players is great. Personally, i dislike 50/50's but can see why people like to play them. To say that you wouldn't mind seeing them replace dym's though i think is pretty odd. They are very popular on here and to take them away woukld be a strange business decision from sky
    Posted by Jac35
    It's just personal opinion.  I think 50/50s are the natural successor to DYMs.  As a site gets bigger there's more chance groups of people will abuse DYMs as found elsewhere.  I also feel with the 10% rake that DYMs are much more difficult to beat long term even playing a technically correct game.  50/50s represent a bigger skill edge and are IMO more fun.

Again that's just my opinion, I'm not saying change this now or that other people should agree with me.
  • edited March 2013
    I have never seen such a major brand as SKY have such pathetic communication skills. Log on today to find HUSNG structures changed, was this communicated?? Were players consulted about the changes?? Removing the 10/20 blind level for Turbos and Hypers is a big mistake imo. Can someone please tell me the thought process/reasoning behind this?
    Posted by Moonlit81
    Completely unfair and untrue IMO.

I've been on plenty of sites where there is zero communication on changes.  I've played on plenty of sites where the playerbase has zero voice as opposed to here where there is plenty of opportunities to give constructive feedback and put over opinions.  Most online site consult players zero percent of the time when it comes to anything.

IMO you are completely wrong.
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by Moonlit81
    Sit & Go Thread < worth a read.

That's some of the dialogue we had on the Community. Obviously that's only a small part of the process, but should give you an idea that we go a bit further on the communication front with customers than you're giving us credit for.
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by Moonlit81
    As stated earlier in this thread, the alteration to the HU games was an error which is being rectified.

As Sky_Dave has also stated, the changes to the 6-max SNG blind structures were made after lengthy consultation with the forum in three or four recent threads, including contributions from some of the brightest minds on here... Lambert and I helped too.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition... : As stated earlier in this thread, the alteration to the HU games was an error which is being rectified. As Sky_Dave has also stated, the changes to the 6-max SNG blind structures were made after lengthy consultation with the forum in three or four recent threads, including contributions from some of the brightest minds on here... Lambert and I helped too.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Can we confirm that the blind structures are changing back to the original ones or is this just the hypers?
  • edited March 2013
    Looks like its just the hypers as they have already changed back :( No consideration for the rest of us.