You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2p-4p challenge

Comments

• edited March 2013
    glad u r keeping it going LARSON7,
    i'll put in a full week and sees what happens.

quick session earlier..

won £1.69 off and running
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge:
    glad u r keeping it going LARSON7, i'll put in a full week and sees what happens. quick session earlier.. won £1.69 off and running
    Posted by devonfish5
    Nice1!
    23 Mar '13 at 17:17PokerBriggate£1.44
    Up another £1.44m Total Profit minus £3.44
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : Nice1! 23 Mar '13 at 17:17 Poker Briggate £1.44 Up another £1.44m Total Profit minus £3.44
    Posted by LARSON7

OK mate. Im going to dip my toe in the 4nl pond tonight while playing the main and the mini bhs so anyone wanting some easy cash join my table lol
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : OK mate. Im going to dip my toe in the 4nl pond tonight while playing the main and the mini bhs so anyone wanting some easy cash join my table lol
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Nice 1 mate, i'll see you there:D
    23 Mar '13 at 19:04PokerLangport£2.49
    Profit, -£.95
  • edited March 2013
    Greatest respect to all you guys who play 4nl day in / day out

Played it tonight for about an hour and it is mind numbing stuff

Just off to find a noose :)

GL all
  • edited March 2013

Hey Arazi,

Enjoyed playing against you, had a good few hands against you.

Good luck

• edited March 2013
    23 Mar '13 at 23:27PokerCawston£-0.16£0.00InternetHand History
    23 Mar '13 at 23:00PokerBanstead£3.49£0.00InternetHand History
    23 Mar '13 at 22:18PokerCawston£-0.04
    In Profit, £2.34

Minted lol had some really interesting hands.

Sat down for the last session with the £3.49 profit with £1.20 the minimum you can take to the table.

Managed to spin it up to just under a fiver. Quite like playing with a low amount and spinning it up, takes a lot more patience!
  • edited March 2013

won £3.72  4 tables nl4

total won today £5.41

nothing spectacular but a steady start.
    played pretty aggressive tonight,which i'm happy about.
    maybe a little to much at times,but it's getting there anyway.

night all
    best wishes & good luck
    :)
    dev
  • edited March 2013

Good thread this Larson, think i will join in, could do with recording my results somewhere as it is something i have never done.

So after a terribad start tonight i managed to finish about 6 quid up.

23 Mar '13 at 21:46PokerDunster£5.3323 Mar '13 at 21:47PokerWatchet£0.95
  • edited March 2013
    well tonight was a bit of a roller coaster session, plodded along nicely till 11:30 then i got disconnected and booted off all my tables in the time i took me to reboot router. was up about 6 bins then. added 1 quickly when i got reaseated and then the doom struck. went from about £28 up to only £6 in the space of 30 mins. had some bad beats in there and a little bit of spew.

recovered well towards the end but tables kept on breaking and its a bit of a bug ger playing 9 tables and 5 of them are 3 handed, got timed out on a couple because of the quickness and opponents left, so its time to call it a night.

total for the week so far: +£21.96

i'd take that every day if i could
  • edited March 2013
    -£9 down up one day down the next had problems with connetions too was playing 5 tables and kept getting timed out so frustrating when u have a good hand and dont get time to raise.
  • edited March 2013
    23 Mar '13 at 23:27 Poker Cawston £-0.16 £0.00 Internet Hand History 23 Mar '13 at 23:00 Poker Banstead £3.49 £0.00 Internet Hand History 23 Mar '13 at 22:18 Poker Cawston £-0.04 In Profit, £2.34 Minted lol had some really interesting hands. Sat down for the last session with the £3.49 profit with £1.20 the minimum you can take to the table. Managed to spin it up to just under a fiver. Quite like playing with a low amount and spinning it up, takes a lot more patience!
    Posted by LARSON7
    24 Mar '13 at 09:47PokerLong Eaton£8.18£0.00InternetHand History
    24 Mar '13 at 01:12PokerChard£0.41£0.00InternetHand History
    23 Mar '13 at 23:27PokerCawston£-0.16£0.00InternetHand History
    23 Mar '13 at 23:00PokerBanstead£3.49
    Total Profit, £10.93

Really nice profit TINTIN. The maximum i multi table is 4, how can you cope with 9 tables?

The big profit last week was from people multitabling 5 plus tables.
  • edited March 2013
    3 hour session yesterday afternoon, 8/9 tabling for £14.13 profit - wow 2 days on the trot!
    15 wins over £1 v 5 losses.
    Main losses £4.42 QQvAA AIPF -table broke was about to stand as it was HU & found I had QQ I 4 bet shoved PF; £2.60 KKvQQv77 Q hit flop ; couple of smaller 99 and JJ v AA.
    Actually hit a few flops with AK/AQ for the first time in a week.

Got lucky on the river with this one. He'd been a bit aggro so wasn't sure he had the str8 on the turn.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    old_master Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.78
    JINTY Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £7.90
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

xRaise  £0.28 £0.34 £11.83
    Ronniwin Fold     
    clubhammer Call  £0.28 £0.62 £3.89
    HugeTuna Fold     
    old_master Fold     
    JINTY Call  £0.24 £0.86 £7.66
    Flop

• J
    • K

JINTY Bet  £0.20 £1.06 £7.46
    xRaise  £1.08 £2.14 £10.75
    clubhammer Call  £1.08 £3.22 £2.81
    JINTY Fold     
    Turn

• Q

xAll-in  £10.75 £13.97 £0.00
    clubhammer All-in  £2.81 £16.78 £0.00
    xUnmatched bet  £7.94 £8.84 £7.94
    xShow

clubhammer Show
    • J
    • J

River

• Q

clubhammer Win Full House, Jacks and Queens £8.17  £8.17
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : 24 Mar '13 at 09:47 Poker Long Eaton £8.18 £0.00 Internet Hand History 24 Mar '13 at 01:12 Poker Chard £0.41 £0.00 Internet Hand History 23 Mar '13 at 23:27 Poker Cawston £-0.16 £0.00 Internet Hand History 23 Mar '13 at 23:00 Poker Banstead £3.49 Total Profit, £10.93 Really nice profit TINTIN. The maximum i multi table is 4, how can you cope with 9 tables? The big profit last week was from people multitabling 5 plus tables.
    Posted by LARSON7
    it comes with practice, thats all. i can play 12 and have been for most of the year but dropped back to 9 a couple of weeks ago.

i play on a desktop pc which helps me as i can get up to 12 tables on screen with only a slight overlap so i can still see the action on each table, 9 tables i can see everything clearly on all the tables, ive tried to multi table on a laptop but can only get 6 on screen with huge overlap and i really dont like it,

as i said its all about practice, the more you play the quicker you can make decisions, it helps if you can pre select actions, so if you see a hand that you want to fold click the auto fold button before the action gets to you, it just speeds things up and gives you an extra few secdonds on the tables that you need to make a decision on. over time you get up to speed on the games and you honestly dont notice it. its when you drop tables back to 3 or 4 i find i can become a little bored and start reading other pages or watching tv more in between hands because i dont have decisions to make.
  • edited March 2013
    nice start tintin...must be nice.

i've dropped back to playing 4 tables atm as i found playing 9 tables last week sometime,all i was doing was pressing buttons and not really thinking about the hands very clearly,and ended up losing a buy-in i think.
    obviously you know i can play 9+ tables when i dym so do you think now i've switched to cash i could maybe just add 1 table at a time  and if i have a winning session,so today for example i could play 5 after a win y'day playing 4.any thoughts would be much appreciated.

dev
  • edited March 2013

haha about 2 months ago, i was 4 tabling, and crushing 1 table, couple of quid profit on another, couple of quid loss on another, and busto on the 4th, Last couple of days i've just been playing 1 /2 tables so i know what's going on and have been playing a lot more poker, knowing how people play, where as i couldnt do that when 4 tabling.

• edited March 2013
    lunchtime session in the bag, went along nicely again winning about £22.50

total for the week so far: +£44.41
  • edited March 2013
     I started 2 tabling with £50 about 14 months back was up & down a bit then down to last £8 & thought "Well I'm useless at this cash lark might as well give up".
    Adamant that I was not going to re-deposit. So nitted up tried again & off we go.
    Started adding a table at a time from last March/April - now up to 8 or 9.
    I used to keep a more detailed spreadsheet showing profit/loss and BB/100 hands played which is probably the best indicator of success rate. Now just keep daily profit/loss & c4p.
    I think my BB/100 will be worse playing 9 tables than when i was 2 or 4 tabling because I'm less able to pay full attention to all the others actions, but the overall profit is up (smaller profit from more tables).
  • edited March 2013
    nice start tintin...must be nice. i've dropped back to playing 4 tables atm as i found playing 9 tables last week sometime,all i was doing was pressing buttons and not really thinking about the hands very clearly,and ended up losing a buy-in i think. obviously you know i can play 9+ tables when i dym so do you think now i've switched to cash i could maybe just add 1 table at a time  and if i have a winning session,so today for example i could play 5 after a win y'day playing 4.any thoughts would be much appreciated. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    dont be in a rush to add too many tables. i know you can play more from your dym but its a different game. i know i couldnt walk on to the dym and start playing 9 tables there as its new to me.

i'd stick to the 4 for now, only think about adding to your tables when you feel you are on top of it. by this i mean you find a lot of your decisions are becoming easier and you feel on top of the game play. just going by winning sessions alone i dont think would give you a clear indicator. if you look over your sessions and feel your making the right choices consistanly then i'd look to start adding another table. rinse and repeat til you get to where you want table wise. getting some consistent winning sessions in a row will give you some indication but be honest wih yourself when reviewing the session.

just remember everyone has a tipping point. it will take trial and error as to where each persons is. no point playing 12 if your win rate is less than when you play 8.

you will get there im sure, its al part of the learning curve
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : dont be in a rush to add too many tables. i know you can play more from your dym but its a different game. i know i couldnt walk on to the dym and start playing 9 tables there as its new to me. i'd stick to the 4 for now, only think about adding to your tables when you feel you are on top of it. by this i mean you find a lot of your decisions are becoming easier and you feel on top of the game play. just going by winning sessions alone i dont think would give you a clear indicator. if you look over your sessions and feel your making the right choices consistanly then i'd look to start adding another table. rinse and repeat til you get to where you want table wise. getting some consistent winning sessions in a row will give you some indication but be honest wih yourself when reviewing the session. just remember everyone has a tipping point. it will take trial and error as to where each persons is. no point playing 12 if your win rate is less than when you play 8. you will get there im sure, its al part of the learning curve
    Posted by TINTIN
    thanks mate,
    yeah,i was thinking that 4 was enough for the moment,and now that you've confirmed it for me,that's what i'll stick to.
    of course i'd like to play alot more but as you say no point playing 12 if win rate is less than 8.
    thanks again tintin,
    best wishes
    dev
  • edited March 2013
    4 hour session 9 tables - up £28.53  (£42.66 for the 2 days)
    31 wins/14 losses over £1
    stacked off twice on 1 table early on with 2nd nut fl - once v nut fl and the other v nut flush & FH !
    Hopefully play tomorrow evening for a while but then I'm away for 2 days golf (weather permitting)
  • edited March 2013
    started the first part of tonight with a loss of £9 before i took my usual hour break, was tempted to call it a night there and then, last night late night was catching up with me a little, but went back to it as usual. another hour went by where i wished i had called it a night but things changed.

got back to positive numbers and for this evening i ended up +£12ish.

total for the week so far: +£56.05

its another £30+ day so im hoping they last.

i lost this pot just before i stood up, i have been runnin well avoiding the flush draws getting there but this one i couldnt, i hold here and it would have been a 10 buyin day.
    sonicboo10 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.27
    Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.83
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

TINTIN Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £6.68
    fabioso06 Fold     
    bobbyboy33 Fold     
    duggan03 Call  £0.20 £0.46 £0.63
    sonicboo10 Call  £0.18 £0.64 £3.09
    Call  £0.16 £0.80 £4.67
    Flop

• A

sonicboo10 Check     
    Bet  £0.04 £0.84 £4.63
    TINTIN Raise  £0.92 £1.76 £5.76
    duggan03 Fold     
    sonicboo10 Fold     
    All-in  £4.63 £6.39 £0.00
    TINTIN Call  £3.75 £10.14 £2.01
    Show

TINTIN Show
    • A
    • A

Turn

• K

River

• J

Win Flush to the Ace £9.37  £9.37
  • edited March 2013

Really nice profit Tintin great effort.

Total profit, £14.33

• edited March 2013

Another £5 profit tonight so £11.50 for the 2 days.

TINTIN you are a machine m8, as ever, well done.
  • edited March 2013
    right lets get todays numbers out the way first. im down, yes down £14. tone was set in first 5 mins when i had AK in pre twice for stacks v AQ then K10 and lost them. no worries i seem to start like that most sessions, lost another couple of small pots before i gotr disconnected from the tables, it was my broadbands fault so spent a while on the phone to the provider for all the good they were and missed happy hour,

had another hour there where the theme seemed to continue, split a few pots which is always annoying when you get money in miles ahead, had AQ v AQ aipf v a fishy player who 4 flushed the board grrrr then AK v QQ v 6d4d aipf again about £10 in the pot, flop my king on a K93r board (or similar) look away and notice no queen hit then see half the pot going in a different direction 64 had only went runner runner straight grrrrr again.

so a loss on the day so far, hope i can turn it around.

total for the week so far: +£42.20
  • edited March 2013
    Played 8/9 tables for 90 mins - down £6.45 - total for 3 days up £36.21.

Familiar theme through the session

AA v KT ; AQ  (hit A) v A3 ; AJ (hit J)  v KQ ;  AQ (hit A) v 69. They all rivered straights !

AA v J8  (trip J's)  AT (TPTK) v set 2's

Had AA twice more in BB folded round to me both times - but at least they were winning hands !

Off to freeze my nuts off on the golf course for the next 2 days - must be mad.
  • edited March 2013
    Down 12.98 over a session late last night and today!

Lostan all in, 2 pair over set, i had a set over a flush, and my last big loss was all in on the Flop, king high flop, i have AK oppo has KQ, river a Queen!

Total Profit, £1.35¬¬!!

Drinks are on me lol
  • edited March 2013

Just 1 table tonight , DTD night. But a nice profit of 3 Bins+
       Up 25 quid in total.

25 Mar '13 at 21:43PokerCharlton£13.73
  • edited March 2013
    an absolute battle just to break even for tonight and remain -£14 on the day.

played like an absiolute knob most of the session, it was brutal. everytime i thought i was about to make a little progress back i went, over and over again.

on a side note ive never seen so many people limp kings pre like i did tonight, the amount of times i ran a big hand into them was unreal. ak into them a few times, queens into them a couple, flopped top 2 in a limped pot they flop a set, turn a set on a none threatening board K high they had limped kings and flopped a set. it was scary.

total for the week so far: +£42.46
  • edited March 2013
    Up and down day -£4 bankroll is going slowly down this is so difficult to regually make profit.