You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2p-4p challenge

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge:
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : i think i caught some of the April Fools day "play" yesterday! some of my decisions were strange to say the least looking back. didn't believe at all. was down a couple of BI's but ended up £3.21. could have been worse. you were on a table with me but no head to head. you were unlucky a couple of times. first time i've played in a couple of months, might be rusty! :)) nice to see not much has changed at nl4! still those who believe it is their right to tell you how to play or that they know you have a hand when you raise pre just because you don't do it that often. always nice to bluff them! good luck
    Posted by walesboy
    nice to see you back, a few sessions and you will be right back into it.

some of my decisions were horrid yesterday hence the joke and april fools reference. i'd go behind claw it back then drop some more within minutes, twas a combo of things not beleiving bad calls bad beats all in an equal share.

i dont have the chat open much because im in mini view, but recently ive been opening it up after a big hand as theres always some comment floaing about. i have 1 player who refuses to play against me, fair enough, but likes to tell the full table why. this is everytime not just once or twice. i find it funny. i had another who was bad mouthing me the other night calling me an A**hole, i asked why that was the case and they replies because i was raising lol, they dont like bullies i had to lol and they soon shut up. too many of them like to find fault in others when they should spend the time re examing their own stuff but i doubt these people will change.

good luck
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : nice to see you back, a few sessions and you will be right back into it. some of my decisions were horrid yesterday hence the joke and april fools reference. i'd go behind claw it back then drop some more within minutes, twas a combo of things not beleiving bad calls bad beats all in an equal share. i dont have the chat open much because im in mini view, but recently ive been opening it up after a big hand as theres always some comment floaing about. i have 1 player who refuses to play against me, fair enough, but likes to tell the full table why. this is everytime not just once or twice. i find it funny. i had another who was bad mouthing me the other night calling me an A**hole, i asked why that was the case and they replies because i was raising lol, they dont like bullies i had to lol and they soon shut up. too many of them like to find fault in others when they should spend the time re examing their own stuff but i doubt these people will change. good luck
    Posted by TINTIN
    i do the same. i had one guy last night sarcastically saying i must have a strong hand because i'd raise pre and how boring it must be to play 1 hand in 30, how i was a pr*ck,etc. funny thing was that with the hand while we were "talking" i hadn't hit the flop and given it was him i c-bet anyway to see if he would fold, and he did. strangely, after the 1 in 30 comment i said i was multi-tabling, was he sure i had a hand and it was his opinion anyway he shut up and left. some are happy saying stuff but don't like it when you answer back.
    i wouldn't mind playing him again! :)
  • edited April 2013

won £4.35

total -£4.67 this month

nl4 4 tables
  • edited April 2013
    won £4.35 total -£4.67 this month nl4 4 tables
    Posted by devonfish5

Glad to be of help by donating £3.76 with my JJ v KK. Called your shove without realising it was you - think I might have folded if I'd been paying attention. WP.

£3.56 up tonight for a total of £16.71.  2 decent tables the rest were a struggle all night.
  • edited April 2013
    Hey Club, i donated quite a bit your way lol, There was a hand you raised massive, and i called with 10 q! The flop came down queen high, and you bet big, I shoved, and i think you thought for  a second before calling with your Kings. I was on total tilt i hate to say.
    Posted by LARSON7

We all do it from time to time. I spent most of last month trying to keep calm after what felt like one beat after another.
    I'm halfway through "The Mental Game of Poker" but can't say it's helped much! My missus thinks I'm mad when I sit here talking to the computer screen!
  • edited April 2013
    two quite good day of poker yestrerday my profit totaled £27.43 the best table got me £6.22 my losses totaled £13.76 with my worst being £6.49 overall i won £13.67
    today was fairly simular with profits totaling £33.47 with my best table being £6.89 and the losses totaled £18.83 with my worst one of £4 so my total today was £14.64 today.
  • edited April 2013

An eventful table tonight, started well and got up to £9 odd when a loose cannon joined and ran like god, busted me 3 times so i went from +9 to - 13 but knew his luck would turn and decided to stick it out finished offgetting my money back off him plus an additional 3quid. So up £3.00.
  • edited April 2013
    -£6 yesterday 2 hrs cash play got busted twice when clear favourite.
    Total for month Cash -£6 MTT -£3
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : Glad to be of help by donating £3.76 with my JJ v KK. Called your shove without realising it was you - think I might have folded if I'd been paying attention. WP. £3.56 up tonight for a total of £16.71.  2 decent tables the rest were a struggle all night.
    Posted by clubhammer
    yeah,thanks ch,
    always kk or aa i'm afraid there,but i'm sure you know that anyway...
    next time.
    :)
    dev
  • edited April 2013

late update on last night. played early evening and done £10, not much to say about it tbh mostly my own fault. i watched the football and was planning on coming back to the tables but i didnt, other stuff got my attention on the tv. so end result was i was about £11 up on the day.

total so far: +£20.94

• edited April 2013
    played Cash all day on the 2nd  and lost loads!!!!

lost £27.00 in a day

Lost pocket aces 3 times to trips.

Lost full house over full house twice (both time they rivered the better full house.

i them went on tilt and lost all in with pair again 2 pairs & all in for flush draw & ace and never hit.

hoping i can run good soon

• edited April 2013

I dont keep any form of diary, i just look at my b/r at the end of each day.
    i have played against most of the players on here, CRAIG.CU  DEVONFISH 5  TINTIN, ETC
    As i can only play one table at a time ( bad eyes, and slow brain ) my chat box is always open.
    There are many players who just abuse the table, these are probably little boys hiding in their bedroom.
    At the 2p/4p level, we are all recreational players, sometimes playing good other times not so good, or even downright stupidly. A case in point was i sat in on a 10p/10p table, i was on the B/B UTG raised 5x
     there were 2 callers  so i called as well, i had 7 8 of spades, my thinking was that  UTG had AA/KK/AK
    and the 2 other callers had a mixture of the same, so i had 2 live cards, the upshot was i won the hand,
    and i got no end of abuse from everyone, ( how could i call in the first place ? )
    my response, as it is with everyone i give a bad beat to is   DO YOU NEED A HUG ?
    I have no idea why but this seems to enflame them ( who would have thought it )
    So no need to get upset when someone gives you abuse, just have your own NICE reply to them.
    See you at the tables, i hope im on my game and can relieve you of some of your gains and increase my B/R

• edited April 2013
    another winning lunchtime session, just need to carry them onto the evening now. +£22ish

total so far: +£42.49

i did win £10 in the golden ticket promo but spent it on a football coupon so no need to keep track of it in here
  • edited April 2013
    i had another who was bad mouthing me the other night calling me an A**hole, i asked why that was the case and they replies because i was raising lol, they dont like bullies i had to lol and they soon shut up.
    Posted by TINTIN
    That's weird as whenever I'm on your table I only see you raising like 1 in 221 hands :/
  • edited April 2013

Won £3.64 on Cash & £2.94 on tournaments

Total Profit for day £6.58

• edited April 2013
    £15.15 loss this evening for a total win this month of the grand total of £1.56.

Had a look at my losing hands - happy that I've played most of them correctly - just variance.

Could list some but frankly it's boring & seems to be happening more & more frequently.
  • edited April 2013
    well this evening matched earlier on with another +£22ish. i wasnt able o get the usual hours in this evening i missed the early evening happy hour but pleased with the win. takes the day to just under 11 buyins up at almost £44.

im hoping to get more to the hours im used to iun the nxt few days.

total so far: +£64.17
  • edited April 2013
    great idea, im very late on this as i havent been on the forum for quite some time, but what kind of rolls did u all start with on this??
  • edited April 2013
    great idea, im very late on this as i havent been on the forum for quite some time, but what kind of rolls did u all start with on this??
    Posted by smarr
    hi mate,
    it's been a weekly thing that larson7 got started 2 weeks ago.
    this has now been changed to monthly so starting from the 1st april,players have been posting results,good and bad in some cases lol, as to how they are doing playing nl4 cash,starting from zero,
    gl
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    ah so no roll as such to begin with just profit/ loss
  • edited April 2013
    ah so no roll as such to begin with just profit/ loss
    Posted by smarr
    yep,that's it mate,
    gl
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    a complete write off today, so stop start. posting a loss of £13. head just wasnt in it with too many distractions around about.

total so far: +£51.87
  • edited April 2013
    Stopped playing 2/4 today after 2 really bad beats was all in with AAA after the flop against J 10 turn and river gave him a straight Ahhhh went on tilt after that lost a bit more ended up playing DYMs luckily made back losses and ended up +£15 on day. Will stick to DYMs for a while now,
  • edited April 2013
    logged on last night at 11.30 ish,thought i'd just play an hour or so...
    4.5 hrs later..

lost £25.97

down £30.64 this month.

worst session i've had for sges.
    lost with KK v QQ
    AK on a AK6 flop (opponent had 66 obviously)

you name it,i lost.
    no worries,i know it happens.
    i'll get over it.
    only losing money won,so no biggie.

probably going to evaluate things over next day or so and see what comes up.
    do i continue on this cash journey,or go back to playing dym's,...again?
    (down £10.18 from playing all cash games this year).
    i'm sure you guys have had similar sessions and know how it feels.
    like i'm banging my head against a brick wall atm.
    (well i know spinky does anyway.)
    ul mate,might see you later  lol
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    Chin up Devs you will soon turn it around.

Its amazing what happens, and can happen in poker. From abad session comes a good session. No doubt the next time you sit down you will smash it.
  • edited April 2013
    logged on last night at 11.30 ish,thought i'd just play an hour or so... 4.5 hrs later.. lost £25.97 down £30.64 this month. worst session i've had for sges. lost with KK v QQ AK on a AK6 flop (opponent had 66 obviously) you name it,i lost. no worries,i know it happens. i'll get over it. only losing money won,so no biggie. probably going to evaluate things over next day or so and see what comes up. do i continue on this cash journey,or go back to playing dym's,...again? (down £10.18 from playing all cash games this year). i'm sure you guys have had similar sessions and know how it feels. like i'm banging my head against a brick wall atm. (well i know spinky does anyway.) ul mate,might see you later  lol :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Trust me mate you need to stick to playing cash, it might feel like your banging your head against the wall sometimes when it takes an age for your BR to grow but nobody is going to be a good winning cash player overnight and its only by putting time and effort into it that you will reap the rewards later.

I know it gets hard to take sometimes when the beats seem relentless and i know you will have heard this time and time again but alsong as you keep doing the right things at the right times v the right players YOU WILL WIN IN THE LONG RUN.

And in this game that is all that matters.

The other night i sat at 3 tables 100nl 50nl and 40nl and within about 45 mins i was down around £350 almost all of it due to me being unlucky on the river to 1 or 2 outers etc, if i had chose to give up at that point i would be ending on a losing note but i didnt and around 4 hours later i left the tables winning £260.

Badbeats and variance are a massive part of the game and losing runs can last days or even weeks sometimes but the facts remain the same that no matter how long the losing runs last if you keep playing the game right you will beat it.

Best of luck mate

Daz.
  • edited April 2013
    Chin up Devs you will soon turn it around. Its amazing what happens, and can happen in poker. From abad session comes a good session. No doubt the next time you sit down you will smash it.
    Posted by LARSON7
    thanks mate,

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : Trust me mate you need to stick to playing cash, it might feel like your banging your head against the wall sometimes when it takes an age for your BR to grow but nobody is going to be a good winning cash player overnight and its only by putting time and effort into it that you will reap the rewards later. I know it gets hard to take sometimes when the beats seem relentless and i know you will have heard this time and time again but alsong as you keep doing the right things at the right times v the right players YOU WILL WIN IN THE LONG RUN. And in this game that is all that matters. The other night i sat at 3 tables 100nl 50nl and 40nl and within about 45 mins i was down around £350 almost all of it due to me being unlucky on the river to 1 or 2 outers etc, if i had chose to give up at that point i would be ending on a losing note but i didnt and around 4 hours later i left the tables winning £260. Badbeats and variance are a massive part of the game and losing runs can last days or even weeks sometimes but the facts remain the same that no matter how long the losing runs last if you keep playing the game right you will beat it. Best of luck mate Daz.
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    thanks Daz,
    nice post as always mate,and very much appreciated.
    had a complete day off y'day and feel better for it.
    yes,it's all about the long run,hence my reason for switching to cash,but it's just so frustrating atm.
    (i'll give an ex;played 1 hand perfect,had opponent on flush draw playing to get his stack.
    i bet, bet again,leaving a £2.50 bet,all-in for him on turn,he called as i thought,and hits flush on river..18%
    to win..crazy.)(about an £8/£9 swing on 1 street)
    i'm also finding it difficult not just losing 4/5/6 buy-ins,etc (i'm well rolled for that) but the way that i'm losing them,which is the most frustrating thing.
    also finding that these all-in hands are what really determines my sessions,and the difference between winning and losing them is everything,as the other night...mare lol proved.
    yes,we need to win small pots too,to keep us 'ticking over.'
    i'll keep on trying though Daz...not time to 'pull up' just yet.
    anyway,
               moan out the way...move on.
    'grand national day' i usually manage to do ok, and either win a few bob or break even.
    last year,i had 4th& the horse that came 2nd by a nose... each way glad to say,but that nose cost me quite a bit.
    (my mum said 'oh well done'...don't you just luv 'em!!!) lol

good luck all
    'be lucky'
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    yesterday was another day where it got shut down early, nothing went my way and posted a big loss of around £24.

dont know if i will get much if any play in today.

toatal so far: +£27.53
  • edited April 2013
    won £5.85....hooooraaaay.

down £24.79 this month

2 tables nl4 2 hrs

got a little back today,had some hands actually hold,made a note in diary. lol
    going to soldier on even if it's just 2 tables for the moment,hopefully will help to keep things under some control.  he he.

(* *)
       ^
    dev