You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2p-4p challenge

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge:
    I see you lost your note about preflop raising lol. You should either be flat calling (I don't really like this) or raising to like 20p+ Larson posted it in the clinic and I've given my thoughts. I don't think he should ever have most of the hands that beat you. He probably 3bets AJ+ so we can probably rule out them 3 hands. He probably doesn't call the flop with 22, or 2 streets with 77, so we can probably knock 2 more hands off the list. That takes us down to only 4 hands he should have that beat us, and he does love a good bluff.
    Posted by Lambert180
    hi Paul
    just remembered why i only 2x raise here...
    with larson calling 4p before me i think i've raised 2x as opposed to 3x, which i have been doing when 1st into pot,as this serves the same purpose,ie;builds pot by 3x.
  • edited April 2013
    [QUOTE]Dev it is a great fold, i posted it up in the Poker Clinic just to see what others thought. Most said they would call, i think i am calling in your position. And, going out on a limb, i think 99% of players at this level would have called/ went all in against my river bet. I got lucky in this hand, i hut my full house on the river. Brilliant fold! readie21 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.38 clifordred Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.09   Your hole cards 7 A       Empathic Fold         Zealsey Fold         LARSON7 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £6.66 devonfish5 Raise   £0.08 £0.18 £7.02 readie21 Call   £0.06 £0.24 £3.32 clifordred Call   £0.04 £0.28 £3.05 LARSON7 Call   £0.04 £0.32 £6.62 Flop     A 6 A       readie21 Check         clifordred Check         LARSON7 Check         devonfish5 Bet   £0.24 £0.56 £6.78 readie21 Call   £0.24 £0.80 £3.08 clifordred Fold         LARSON7 Call   £0.24 £1.04 £6.38 Turn     2       readie21 Check         LARSON7 Check         devonfish5 Bet   £0.78 £1.82 £6.00 readie21 Fold         LARSON7 Call   £0.78 £2.60 £5.60 River     7       LARSON7 Bet   £2.60 £5.20 £3.00 devonfish5 Fold         LARSON7 Muck         LARSON7 Win   £2.40   £5.40 LARSON7 Return   £2.60
    Posted by LARSON7

thanks mate,only just found this by going back through posts again.
    yeah,i did think it strange you going all-in from nowhere,and i'm glad i found the fold button now.  lol
    it's all swings and roundabouts this game and i'm sure over time it all evens out.  lol
    well played anyway...you lucky ** *** ** (so and so ) lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    hi dev

If your reads are that oppo has flopped outdrawn to a house then wp - good fold.

Only problem now is people with a brain will start to pot rivers and u fold everything bar nuts )

Seriously my main point was, that if you could play this hand another 1000 times - you should ) And if you do call, oppo is only winning a small majority.
  • edited April 2013
    hi dev If your reads are that oppo has flopped outdrawn to a house then wp - good fold. Only problem now is people with a brain will start to pot rivers and u fold everything bar nuts ) Seriously my main point was, that if you could play this hand another 1000 times - you should ) And if you do call, oppo is only winning a small majority.
    Posted by rancid
    hi mate,
    i didn't have it down to one particular hand but i did think i had been outdrawn and was behind.
    i would make this call against most players especially once i have seen them make bluffs.
    i know larson here could have been bluffing but i didn't think he was this time.
    i don't only make a call here with the nuts and fold everything else.
    (i sometimes call with 2nd nuts...lol)
    it is all player and situation dependant,and yes,sometimes 'gut instinct'
    this occasion i got it right,many times i've got it wrong.
    agree if this hand was played out 1000 times,a call would be the optimal play.
    thanks
    :)
    dev
    ps;
         had that thought on my mind all last night.
         and thinking about it this could now work in my favour,as like you said,people with a brain could now use this to their advantage,ie; thinking i'm going to fold to every river pot bets,etc.(unless i've nuts or 2nd)
          so knowing that opponents are going to be trying to get me to fold here,and therefore doing this when they are holding light, i can now make those calls and happy days.  lol
    (is this where the meta-games begin? lol)
  • edited April 2013
    sorry this hand and following posts have temporarily taken over this thread...
    but i think it has been an interesting talking point and hopefully of interest to many of you.
    i'm sure it'll soon get back 'to normal'
    thanks dev
  • edited April 2013
    I've been playing on Sky Poker for a year or so but have just found the forum and this thread with so many familiar names posting I thought I'd say hi.  Hope that's OK, I realise its not on topic.

@Devonfish - I played dyms for a while and was doing really well, then fortunes suddenly changed and there was a massive losing run and I lost nearly all my accumulated profits.  The format was driving me mad, too many crazy all-ins when the blinds got high and too many bad beats.  I tended to try and avoid tables you were playing as I reasoned my winning odds were reduced to 2/5 at the start - I've seen on sharkscope how well you've done at those :) .  Still a mystery to me how you can play so many tables at once and win consistently.

@ Clubhammer and Tintin - I played the 2p/4p tables for about 5 months I think and made about £100 profit over that time.  You two and Bokata seem to be permamently there.  I was generally playing 3 tables at a time (which I know for you guys is child's play) but I found it difficult to concentrate properly and made too many mistakes.  About 4 weeks ago I moved to higher stakes (5p/10p and 10p/20p) and just play one table at a time and really concentrate on what the other players are doing - this has been much more profitable for me and I think more satisfying.  I think at this level the players respect the raises more, they are tighter and the standard of play is better.  I've made nearly as much in 4 weeks at this level as I made in 5 months at the lower level.  Anyway, respect to you both, amazing profits Tintin playing at this level, you must be scaring all Sky's new punters away :)

No doubt play a few hands aginast you soon.

Cheers
    L
  • edited April 2013
    I've been playing on Sky Poker for a year or so but have just found the forum and this thread with so many familiar names posting I thought I'd say hi.  Hope that's OK, I realise its not on topic. @Devonfish - I played dyms for a while and was doing really well, then fortunes suddenly changed and there was a massive losing run and I lost nearly all my accumulated profits.  The format was driving me mad, too many crazy all-ins when the blinds got high and too many bad beats.  I tended to try and avoid tables you were playing as I reasoned my winning odds were reduced to 2/5 at the start - I've seen on sharkscope how well you've done at those :) .  Still a mystery to me how you can play so many tables at once and win consistently. @ Clubhammer and Tintin - I played the 2p/4p tables for about 5 months I think and made about £100 profit over that time.  You two and Bokata seem to be permamently there.  I was generally playing 3 tables at a time (which I know for you guys is child's play) but I found it difficult to concentrate properly and made too many mistakes.  About 4 weeks ago I moved to higher stakes (5p/10p and 10p/20p) and just play one table at a time and really concentrate on what the other players are doing - this has been much more profitable for me and I think more satisfying.  I think at this level the players respect the raises more, they are tighter and the standard of play is better.  I've made nearly as much in 4 weeks at this level as I made in 5 months at the lower level.  Anyway, respect to you both, amazing profits Tintin playing at this level, you must be scaring all Sky's new punters away :) No doubt play a few hands aginast you soon. Cheers L
    Posted by lonesome
    hi lonesome,
    well done on winning at cash mate,that's an achievent by anyones standards.
    it's not about how many tables you can play,it's all about finding the best way for you to win,and playing 1 table at the higher levels is working,so no need to change it.
    yes with dym's you can go on bad runs even when you might not even be playing that bad,i know i have.that's where playing 15-18+ tables really helps though,as this will help to keep those runs far and few between,well hopefully anyway.  lol
    i found out very quickly that by playing as many tables as possible was the best way for me to win at dym's,so i just added more and more tables,sometimes day by day or week by week.
    it's really not that difficult and gets easier with practise.i did make alot of mistakes to begin with though.  lol
    (when the new re-sizable tables finally arrive  lol, i am going to attempt to play 40 dym tables,just for the hell of it. i'll play them just for a month starting at 18/20 tables and adding 1 extra table each day.should be fun.  lol)
    good luck with your cash exploits,
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    Hey Dev,

I'm doing a DYM Challenge lol 50p. 1pound and so on,

Thats just just won the 50p and 1£ 1s lol £2 tomorrow haha they go in so slow but haha

How can you play so many tables at these? lol it takes half an hour for 1 game to load up!
  • edited April 2013
    i havent updated much in the last few days, mainly because i had a few days away from the cash tables. i did get a little in on sunday and lost a little normally then a few buyins in a forum game where the rules just go out the window. monday i stuck to tourneys for a change, no joy in any of them, tues and wed i got back to cash and broke even over the 2 days but thats a result considering how badly i was playing.

today has put me back on stride. it ranks as one of my best days. im up  a little over +£64 for the day, tonights session was pretty brutal at times, i started off dropping 5 buyins before getting things going with a swing of 13 buyins to finish the session +8 bins.

16 bins in a day isnt my best but its not far off it. i cant post a running total atm as i lost count over the last few days with tourney buyins and a few bets but will try to work it out tomorrow
  • edited April 2013
    Hey Dev, I'm doing a DYM Challenge lol 50p. 1pound and so on, Thats just just won the 50p and 1£ 1s lol £2 tomorrow haha they go in so slow but haha How can you play so many tables at these? lol it takes half an hour for 1 game to load up!
    Posted by LARSON7
    hi mate,
    there is a dym thread somewhere,where you start off at 50p and try and keep doubling up.
    i know it's been done by yvette9 and possibly others,not sure off hand what the last level was/is,as i've never been anywhere near it myself. lol
    (not that i've ever tried that challenge either,as i know i'd bottle out and take the money around the £22 level. lol)
    when u say 1/2 an hour to load up,do you mean 1/2 an hour a game to play,(from start to finish,which sounds about right,sometimes less).
    it should only take a few seconds for 1 game to load up.
    then you just keep going to the lobby and carry up loading more.
    i found buying a second monitor a great help for multi-tabling as it means i can have lobby open on the second screen and play 9/12 tables at a push on the other one.(i'm sure others that multi-table 9+ tables have a similar set-up.)
    gl buddy,
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    i havent updated much in the last few days, mainly because i had a few days away from the cash tables. i did get a little in on sunday and lost a little normally then a few buyins in a forum game where the rules just go out the window. monday i stuck to tourneys for a change, no joy in any of them, tues and wed i got back to cash and broke even over the 2 days but thats a result considering how badly i was playing. today has put me back on stride. it ranks as one of my best days. im up  a little over +£64 for the day, tonights session was pretty brutal at times, i started off dropping 5 buyins before getting things going with a swing of 13 buyins to finish the session +8 bins. 16 bins in a day isnt my best but its not far off it. i cant post a running total atm as i lost count over the last few days with tourney buyins and a few bets but will try to work it out tomorrow
    Posted by TINTIN
    you're a machine tintin.very well played;+£64 for the day happy days.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : you're a machine tintin.very well played;+£64 for the day happy days. (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    cheers mate, altho its starting to dribble away again so far today.

the poker gods giveth then taketh away again lol
  • edited April 2013
    I've been playing on Sky Poker for a year or so but have just found the forum and this thread with so many familiar names posting I thought I'd say hi.  Hope that's OK, I realise its not on topic. @Devonfish - I played dyms for a while and was doing really well, then fortunes suddenly changed and there was a massive losing run and I lost nearly all my accumulated profits.  The format was driving me mad, too many crazy all-ins when the blinds got high and too many bad beats.  I tended to try and avoid tables you were playing as I reasoned my winning odds were reduced to 2/5 at the start - I've seen on sharkscope how well you've done at those :) .  Still a mystery to me how you can play so many tables at once and win consistently. @ Clubhammer and Tintin - I played the 2p/4p tables for about 5 months I think and made about £100 profit over that time.  You two and Bokata seem to be permamently there.  I was generally playing 3 tables at a time (which I know for you guys is child's play) but I found it difficult to concentrate properly and made too many mistakes.  About 4 weeks ago I moved to higher stakes (5p/10p and 10p/20p) and just play one table at a time and really concentrate on what the other players are doing - this has been much more profitable for me and I think more satisfying.  I think at this level the players respect the raises more, they are tighter and the standard of play is better.  I've made nearly as much in 4 weeks at this level as I made in 5 months at the lower level.  Anyway, respect to you both, amazing profits Tintin playing at this level, you must be scaring all Sky's new punters away :) No doubt play a few hands aginast you soon. Cheers L
    Posted by lonesome
    welcome to the forum lonesome. what took you so long to find it?

theres a few of us that populate the forum thats name you will recognise from the tables but far many more who dont post or even know its here.

its good to hear things are going well for you atm long may it continue. i'll get to those levels one day and might see you there. i dont know about scaring all the punters away lol theres always waiting lists:)

good luck

• edited April 2013
    played last night for first time in couple of weeks. very swingy as usual. down 2 BIs then up a couple then ended up down a couple again! not sure what i could have done with straight v straight, someone flopping a set then full house. flops showing the over cards you don't want.
    never mind, it happens. showing a small loss for the month now.
    still not firing on all cylinders. got to put alot more time in. still very rusty.
    hopefully this weekend when the play gets more interesting! :))

good luck guys
  • edited April 2013
    its been a rubbish day so far, been down a fair bit but mounted a bit of a recovery but not as bad in the minus figures as i was.

one bright light on the day (not money wise) was hitting a royal, its been a few months since i hit one myself but i paid off someone with one this morning, 2 in 1 day ive been involved in. i dont get excited by them now like i did the first few times but its always nice to see them none the less, i think this is number 24 in my poker history.
    bondgirl36 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.84
    TINTIN Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
     Your hole cards
    • J

mrmojo1208 Fold     
    stotty59 Fold     
    devonfish5 Fold     
    skygogogo Fold     
    bondgirl36 Call  £0.02 £0.08 £1.82
    TINTIN Check     
    Flop

• Q
    • A

bondgirl36 Bet  £0.04 £0.12 £1.78
    TINTIN Call  £0.04 £0.16 £3.92
    Turn

• K

bondgirl36 Check     
    TINTIN Check     
    River

bondgirl36 Check     
    TINTIN Bet  £0.16 £0.32 £3.76
    bondgirl36 Call  £0.16 £0.48 £1.62
    TINTIN Show
    • J

bondgirl36 Muck
    • A

TINTIN Win Royal Flush £0.44  £4.20

• edited April 2013
    managed to grind out a £20 win on the day and i mean grind, had a prolonged flat spot this evening where i was just standing still for about 2 hours, was only winning very small pots and losing very small pots. the rest of the night it was trading blows so to speak. i was winning a buyin then losing a buyin within minutes. but i got there in the end.

im gonna show this hand as it summed up a lot of the day, cooler central im afraid. worst bit was stand was already hit before the cards were dealt.
    TINTIN Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.26
    AyrGraeme Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.62
     Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

TINTIN Raise  £0.10 £0.16 £4.16
    AyrGraeme Raise  £0.40 £0.56 £6.22
    TINTIN Call  £0.32 £0.88 £3.84
    Flop

• K
    • Q

AyrGraeme Bet  £0.66 £1.54 £5.56
    TINTIN Call  £0.66 £2.20 £3.18
    Turn

AyrGraeme Bet  £0.84 £3.04 £4.72
    TINTIN Call  £0.84 £3.88 £2.34
    River

AyrGraeme Bet  £3.88 £7.76 £0.84
    TINTIN All-in  £2.34 £10.10 £0.00
    AyrGraeme Unmatched bet  £1.54 £8.56 £2.38
    TINTIN Show
    • Q
    • Q

AyrGraeme Show
    • K
    • K

AyrGraeme Win Full House, Kings and 3s £7.91  £10.29
  • edited April 2013
    friday 12.4.13

lost £12.12  9 tables

down £24.26 this month

another losing 8 hr+ session.
    happy with how i played,so no worries.lost £8 £6 £6 hands when well ahead b4 river,so i know how different session would have been with a little run good.
    another day today...
    off to the wacko races.  lol
    gl all
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    Hey, yesterday when i played 2p 4p I lost £-0.02p haha

At 1 table i was playing like a maniac setting an image i called an all in with Ace 3, against Ace King, and opponent, whose a friend, was like "stop tilting" cause i was calling everything. But i was setting an image:D

Actually ended up being a couple of quid down at that table and made a couple of quid at the other table i was playing. I also played a bit of 8nl and 10nl yesterday and showed a really nice profit from this.

I'm still going to play 2p-4p but also play some of the higher levels 2.
  • edited April 2013
    won £7.45  9 tables

down £16.81 this month

better session,would have been better had my AA held up against AK (trip K'S...lovely)

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : hi lonesome, well done on winning at cash mate,that's an achievent by anyones standards. it's not about how many tables you can play,it's all about finding the best way for you to win,and playing 1 table at the higher levels is working,so no need to change it. yes with dym's you can go on bad runs even when you might not even be playing that bad,i know i have.that's where playing 15-18+ tables really helps though,as this will help to keep those runs far and few between,well hopefully anyway.  lol i found out very quickly that by playing as many tables as possible was the best way for me to win at dym's,so i just added more and more tables,sometimes day by day or week by week. it's really not that difficult and gets easier with practise.i did make alot of mistakes to begin with though.  lol (when the new re-sizable tables finally arrive  lol, i am going to attempt to play 40 dym tables,just for the hell of it. i'll play them just for a month starting at 18/20 tables and adding 1 extra table each day.should be fun.  lol) good luck with your cash exploits, :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5

Cheers Dev.  Look forward to seeing a screenshot of 40 tables lol.  Can't imagine it is humanly possible to play that number.  Do you have the sound turned off when your multitabling, and do you have all the tables on the screen, or do you minimise the ones that you're not in the hand?  

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge : Cheers Dev.  Look forward to seeing a screenshot of 40 tables lol.  Can't imagine it is humanly possible to play that number.  Do you have the sound turned off when your multitabling, and do you have all the tables on the screen, or do you minimise the ones that you're not in the hand?  
    Posted by lonesome
    hi mate,
    yeah no sound,got 2 monitors can only get 12 on each so 24 max at the moment,but when new ones arrive i'm hoping to get as many as possible on 1 screen,have to see how it goes.  lol
  • edited April 2013
    well put the extra time in last night and a bit tonight.
    the bad - to start with was last night when went down 3/4 BIs. just didn't believe and some loose play by me. got a leak that's just seemed to have appeared from nowhere. didn't have it b4 the break. one of those that has happened b4 you know it and you go "not again!" or words to that effect!  (it isn't my only leak by any stretch of my imagination but an annoying one ;)) )
    managed to get it back to just over half a BI by the end. so was happy with that at the end.
    the good - tonight. ended up £5. the usual play/ers tonight. up and down a bit when they either didn't or did hit when they were big under dogs. the annoying leak appeared again but less than before.

still down for the month but less than 2 BIs now. beginning to get the poker bug again!
    good luck guys
  • edited April 2013
    These posts have been brilliant, i'm really glad i started this thread up. People have been posting up some really good results and really got involved, cracking stuff.

I've not really posted up on much here recently, i've been playing a bit at higher levels too. For the next week/ 2 weeks i'll prob concentrate a bit on 2p-4p to build up a bit more money.

Today, 30 minute session,  2 tables, Profit £1.72
    15 Apr '13 at 17:20PokerHeads-Up (Turbo)£-1.05£0.00InternetHand History
    15 Apr '13 at 17:16PokerHeads-Up (Turbo)£0.95£0.00InternetHand History
    15 Apr '13 at 17:05PokerHeads-Up (Turbo)£0.95£0.00InternetHand History
    15 Apr '13 at 16:59PokerLudham£3.02£0.00InternetHand History
    15 Apr '13 at 16:58PokerHeads-Up (Turbo)£0.95£0.00InternetHand History
    15 Apr '13 at 16:58PokerChapel Drive£-1.30£0.00InternetHand History
    15 Apr '13 at 01:08PokerHeads-Up (Turbo)£-1.05£0.00InternetHand History
    15 Apr '13 at 01:05PokerHeads-Up (Turbo)£-1.05
  • edited April 2013
    brutal couple of hours - down almost £15
    set over set a couple of times, KK v AA v AQ, Set v straight which got there on river
    don't think I was too passive to let them get there
    one of those things I guess
    stood up after the 3rd allin loss

good luck
  • edited April 2013
    Unlucky mate. Pokers a funny game, lots of highs and lots of lows.

I had a session like that last week i lost about 10-15 quid then the next day i won it all back again. Nothing beats a good run and nothing worse than a bad one.

Good luck to you mate, for sure it will turn around soon.
  • edited April 2013
    brutal couple of hours - down almost £15 set over set a couple of times, KK v AA v AQ, Set v straight which got there on river don't think I was too passive to let them get there one of those things I guess stood up after the 3rd allin loss good luck
    Posted by walesboy
    hi mate,
    yeah,as larson said,unlucky.
    unfortunately it happens and nothing you can do when the cards come out like that.
    good discipline to stand down after 3rd all-in.

over time those hands even out so try not to let it get you down.losing £15 'ain't nice,but it's nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    gl
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    won £9.69  hooooray

down £7.12 this month

9 tables

ran better today,still lost a handfull of hands on the river but won a number of big hands so all's fair in love and the river.

grinding back my losses from earlier this month,so happy with that.
    up £18.66 in total this year so again very happy as it's been a real hard lurning curve so far this year.

good luck all
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    seemed to be a good day for pocket 9's today...
    CardsAmountPotBalance
    devonfish5 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £13.44
    ted1917 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £7.59
     Your hole cards

calcalfold Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.03
    xRaise  £0.16 £0.26 £5.38
    shire40 Call  £0.16 £0.42 £3.73
    becky0020 Fold     
    devonfish5 Call  £0.14 £0.56 £13.30
    ted1917 Call  £0.12 £0.68 £7.47
    calcalfold Call  £0.12 £0.80 £3.91
    Flop

• K

devonfish5 Check     
    ted1917 Bet  £0.12 £0.92 £7.35
    calcalfold Fold     
    Call  £0.12 £1.04 £5.26
    shire40 Call  £0.12 £1.16 £3.61
    devonfish5 Raise  £1.08 £2.24 £12.22
    ted1917 Fold     
    Call  £0.96 £3.20 £4.30
    shire40 Fold     
    Turn

devonfish5 Bet  £2.40 £5.60 £9.82
    xCall  £2.40 £8.00 £1.90
    River

devonfish5 Bet  £4.00 £12.00 £5.82
    xFold     
    devonfish5 Muck     
    devonfish5 Win  £7.40  £13.22
    devonfish5 Return  £4.00 £0.60 £17.22
  • edited April 2013
    even better...
     £0.04 £0.06 £3.78
     Your hole cards

Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.01
    MEREMIEV Fold     
    jtm Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £3.81
    devonfish5 Call  £0.16 £0.42 £7.37
    ted1917 Call  £0.14 £0.56 £5.30
    craigcu12 Fold     
    xCall  £0.12 £0.68 £3.89
    Flop

ted1917 Check     
    xCheck     
    jtm Bet  £0.68 £1.36 £3.13
    devonfish5 Call  £0.68 £2.04 £6.69
    ted1917 Fold     
    Call  £0.68 £2.72 £3.21
    Turn

xCheck     
    jtm Check     
    devonfish5 Bet  £1.00 £3.72 £5.69
    Call  £1.00 £4.72 £2.21
    jtm Fold     
    River

• J

xAll-in  £2.21 £6.93 £0.00
    devonfish5 Call  £2.21 £9.14 £3.48
    Show
    • K

devonfish5 Show

devonfish5 Win Four 9s £8.45  £11.93
  • edited April 2013
    Well done Dev, i played some cash today lost 1.5 buy ins.

I lost a pot with Ace 10, all in on turn against Ace 8, he hut an 8 on river lol