You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2p-4p challenge

Comments

• edited March 2013
    so the end of another week. finished it on a downer, lost another £2 this evening taking the days loss to around £13. would loved to have carried on the momentum but not to be. played bad most of the day so 3 bins down could be considered a good result.

total for week 2: +£102.38
    total for week 1: +£113.90
    total for both weeks: +£216.28

got to be reasonably happy with that overall
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: 2p-4p challenge:
    even the good players do bad bets sometimes only the poker gods will know what i was thinking of by just betting 12p on the turn. 3 of a kind might look possible but holding the 4th is very hard to expect so i should have manage to get his full stack planet432 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £0.96 craigcu12 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £5.86   Your hole cards 8 9       007000 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £3.07 stax2227 Fold         TINTIN Fold         Margot86 Fold         planet432 Call   £0.02 £0.12 £0.94 craigcu12 Check         Flop     8 A 8       planet432 Check         craigcu12 Bet   £0.06 £0.18 £5.80 007000 Call   £0.06 £0.24 £3.01 planet432 Fold         Turn     8       craigcu12 Bet   £0.12 £0.36 £5.68 007000 Call   £0.12 £0.48 £2.89 River     6       craigcu12 Bet   £1.16 £1.64 £4.52 007000 Call   £1.16 £2.80 £1.73 craigcu12 Show 8 9       007000 Muck A 2       craigcu12 Win Four 8s £2.59   £7.11
    Posted by craigcu12
    you could shove the river there for max value, got to figure they have the ace to be calling flop and turn, its the old adage that people dont fold full houses
  • edited March 2013
  • edited March 2013
    Brilliant Tintin that is a phenemenol profit for this level
  • edited March 2013
    i might be able to manage about £15 profit in a day ie today i gain a total of £18 but to have an average of £15 per day for 14 days is excellent well done their TT
  • edited March 2013
    Craig over the last couple of months i have done alot of research and completed an assignment into aspergers so understand completly the strugles you mention and all the points you are making above. Do you have a skype or facebook account? as i would be more than willing to proof read anything and discuss anything you planned on posting on the forum in the future to ensure you were aware of how some of the things you say may come across to others and also discuss anything you might be unsure about.
    Posted by benc
    i have sent a PM to you with my facebok name.
  • edited March 2013
    Craig i have pmed you back and also sent what i think is you on facebook.

Tintin that is great profit well done, you are a great example of how 4nl can be crushed for a very decent profit, what are your future plans, building a roll and moving up or sticking to crushing 4nl?
  • edited March 2013
    well played tintin...A...MAZE...IN

won £12.38 tonight
    started off playing 2 tables then 4 then 6 
    8 hour session

total for week 1 £14.08
    total for week 2 £21.51 

happy with wins both weeks..
    didn't play as much as i would have liked but sometimes less is more,i guess.

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013

No play last night so total for the week of £44.20.

Is this running agaain this week?

• edited March 2013
    i'm happy to continue posting,

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited March 2013
  • edited March 2013
    i was thinking it might be better starting it from monday again, new month and all that and trying to keep it updated thru out the month. whats your thoughts?
  • edited March 2013
    Good shout Tintin, sounds good
  • edited March 2013

Good shout TinTin, that means i dont have to record tonights loss lol.
  • edited March 2013
    Count me in Tintin
  • edited March 2013
    sound good to me....
    let's do that then.
    (if that's ok with larson7 ,as this is his original thread.)

ok with you mate?

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    right i'll get things started for april.

had a session from midnight there, bit spewy but won £14.50. my session before midnight gained £20 but that dont count towards this but it was a £30+ night allin. i had deliberately never played much on sunday being easter and i was just contended getting the 50 points for the golden ticket promo.

aprils total: +£14.50
  • edited April 2013
    01 Apr '13 at 00:32PokerBriggate£5.68£0.00InternetHand History
    01 Apr '13 at 00:28PokerBawburgh£0.04
    Total Profit for April; £5.72

My goal for April is to show a steady consistant profit from cash, instead of playing eratically!

I am going to set myself a goal of achieving £100 profit from cash over this month.
  • edited April 2013
    01 Apr '13 at 00:32 Poker Briggate £5.68 £0.00 Internet Hand History 01 Apr '13 at 00:28 Poker Bawburgh £0.04 Total Profit for April; £5.72 My goal for April is to show a steady consistant profit from cash, instead of playing eratically! I am going to set myself a goal of achieving £100 profit from cash over this month.
    Posted by LARSON7
    I'm with you on that Larson only made £20 in March loads of hours for little reward need to learn how to fold when beat. Will target £100 profit to in April. I'm going to play a few low stakes MTTs to. I've had a bit of success with these recently.
  • edited April 2013

started session at just b4 7pm 31/3 13 and finished session at something like 3am 1/4/13
    so going to count this 1 for this month as it finished there...

lost £12.36

was up £15 at one point,so maybe i should have stopped then.
    going to see how next few sessions go.
    played aggressively,raising up wherever possible,which i'm happy with.
    continuually working on my game,so not going to get to upset or put off at losing today.
    just frustrating as i could have booked the win that's all.
    looking back,probably lost 1 or 2 all-ins,where i could have folded,but no regrets at how i played.
    still got plenty to learn and a long way to go before you find me on 'top of the pots'  lols
    (* *)
       ^ 
    dev

• edited April 2013
    Played about 4 hours 8/9 tables up £13.15 despite losing ridiculous amount of times with premiums:

Pots over £1 lost:

AA v JTs ; K6o ; 48o ; 67o ; 46o folded 3 more where I was likely behind

KK v ATo (TT) ; 78 s ; 4 more folded to A flop or likely trips/sets

QQ v A8 (88) ; 9To ; 68o

JJ v QQ ; KK ; AA at least i was behind in these ones !.

Pots over £1 won AA (1) ; KK (6) ; QQ (2) ; JJ (1)
  • edited April 2013
    well played clubhammer

1/4/13

won £3.34

total this month; down £9.02

3 tables nl4  3 hrs

happy to get some back tonight.
    back tomorrow
    :)
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    3 tables 2 hrs broke even lost £2.50 paying MTTs
  • edited April 2013
    Hey Club, i donated quite a bit your way lol,

There was a hand you raised massive, and i called with 10 q!

The flop came down queen high, and you bet big, I shoved, and i think you thought for  a second before calling with your Kings. I was on total tilt i hate to say.

I was donating money all over the place this afternoon to sheer tilt, I had just sat down at a table second hand Aces, its a 3 way all in pre flop, Aces vrs Kings vrs 10 J, 10 j hut runner runner straight.

It's weird it's not often it happens but when it does (my) logic goes out the window. One day i will be good enough to not tilt.

In
    future i should just leave a table after a bad beat. This afternoon lost about £15 in rapid fashion.

This evening i made this back and a bit more on a total heater.

Poker is a funny old game.
  • edited April 2013
    so it was april fools day and it was a bit of a joke at the tables. found myself stuck in a hole several times today. at one point i thought i was on for losing 10+ bins but clawed most of it back at various times. it seemed everytime i had the money in on the flop v a draw it got there. i missed most of the early evening and played the dtd and got zero going in that, best i done was double starting stack in each but the blinds were getting big at the time so it was never many bb.

so its a £6 loss for today and that doesnt include mtt entry thats seperate but as said it could have been a lot worse. tomorrow should be the day the golden ticket promo is drawn, im aiming to brick it for the 3rd time in a row:(

total so far: +£8.78
  • edited April 2013
    Well done up till today Tintin, I've started a similar challenge and up £17 after two sessions. Played with you for a little bit today as well but don't think we got in any real hands v each other.
  • edited April 2013
    hi all

my results today

Cash Profits £12.32
    MTT Loses £21.90

Total for day Lost £9.58

was going to stick to cash but last day of UCOPS and DTD tempted me. Will try and continue posting. hoping to keep bank roll going upwards. Target £250.00 by end of April.

Good Luck all
  • edited April 2013
    Well done up till today Tintin, I've started a similar challenge and up £17 after two sessions. Played with you for a little bit today as well but don't think we got in any real hands v each other.
    Posted by CUFCrp90
    cheers, i remember your name sat at the tables but cant recall any hands that we clashed in, good luck
  • edited April 2013
    decent morning session and im up a few quid, cant help feeling it should have been more, had a few nasty suckouts go against me but thats the way it go's sometimes. up £21

total so far: +£30.07
  • edited April 2013
    so it was april fools day and it was a bit of a joke at the tables. found myself stuck in a hole several times today. at one point i thought i was on for losing 10+ bins but clawed most of it back at various times. it seemed everytime i had the money in on the flop v a draw it got there. i missed most of the early evening and played the dtd and got zero going in that, best i done was double starting stack in each but the blinds were getting big at the time so it was never many bb. so its a £6 loss for today and that doesnt include mtt entry thats seperate but as said it could have been a lot worse. tomorrow should be the day the golden ticket promo is drawn, im aiming to brick it for the 3rd time in a row:( total so far: +£8.78
    Posted by TINTIN
    i think i caught some of the April Fools day "play" yesterday! some of my decisions were strange to say the least looking back. didn't believe at all. was down a couple of BI's but ended up £3.21. could have been worse. you were on a table with me but no head to head. you were unlucky a couple of times.
    first time i've played in a couple of months, might be rusty! :))
    nice to see not much has changed at nl4! still those who believe it is their right to tell you how to play or that they know you have a hand when you raise pre just because you don't do it that often. always nice to bluff them!
    good luck