You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A script error message

edited February 2010 in Community Help & Advice
Hello, my english is horrible, but i will try to explain. On my laptop when i try to open sky tables i see this error message :
A script in this mouvie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowy. If it continue to run your computer may become unresponsive! Do you want yo abort the script. 
When i chose NO the table is open but run slowly. My internet connection is excellent. This message i see on Windows Hp , vista , and Windows 7. Also with IE, opera, firefox , chrome.
However on my PC i'll never seen this error message. 

Thanks

by 

zaYо

EDIT : sorry I had to look at other threads down

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to A script error message:
    Hello, my english is horrible, but i will try to explain. On my laptop when i try to open sky tables i see this error message : A script in this mouvie is causing Adobe Flash Player 10 to run slowy. If it continue to run your computer may become unresponsive! Do you want yo abort the script.  When i chose NO the table is open but run slowly. My internet connection is excellent. This message i see on Windows Hp , vista , and Windows 7. Also with IE, opera, firefox , chrome. However on my PC i'll never seen this error message.  Thanks by  zaYо EDIT :  sorry I had to look at other threads down
    Posted by zaYo
    this might not help, (im not pc minded)
    my bro had the same message on his desktop, he added some more ram and the prob went away...
  • edited December 2009
    I have 1BG of ram , and before 1 year i play without problem with 512 :)
  • edited December 2009

I've had he same a few times your best going to tools - internet options-delete browsing historys cookies etc... let it finish hit ok then restart your comp should free up im not sure why but i think sky site has some added ware that causes a bit of hassle on some comps but not major give it a try!!!
  • edited December 2009

iTS DEFINETLY NOT A MEMORY PROBLEM IT IS SENDING MOST OF YOUR CONNECTION TO THE POKER TABLE SO YOUR BETTER PLAYING WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE OPEN EMAIL ETC OK BUT FACEBOOK OR ANYTHING THAT HAS CONSTANT STREAMING WILL MAKE IT REOCCUR

GD LUCK
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for the answers , but today i install fresh copy of windows : vista , 7 and finally HP , and my first job was to open to see sky tables - no history , no cookies , no other programs running or sites but everything same thing :(
    The laptop is Eee pc 1000 , 1.6 intel, 1 gb  of ram.
  • edited December 2009
    May be with Linux ....?
  • edited December 2009
    The only solution to the problem, when sky poker team not want to help is ... just chose another poker room! 
    I think i lost enough of my time with you!
    Greetings 

by 

zaYo
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: A script error message:
    The only solution to the problem, when sky poker team not want to help is ... just chose another poker room!  I think i lost enough of my time with you! Greetings  by  zaYo
    Posted by zaYo
    I have the same problem and nothing sorts it....i'm just waiting for the downloadable client

GOOD LUCK ZAYO
  • edited December 2009
    hey zayo,

the script error problem is usually connected with trying to run Sky Poker along with other adobe flash based applications. adobe flash based applications include things like youtube, and having too many of these open may cause an overload on your computer (especially if you are trying to multi-table).

having said this you have mentioned to were not running any other application except Sky Poker.

one other thing that could be affecting things may be your anti-virus programme. some of these can run in the background and be a strain on your processor.

i'll pass this thread on to the poker team who may come back to you if they can help you out further.

thank you for your patience on this.

thanks,

Rich
  • edited December 2009

hi, i am experiencing the same problems.click no and the table runs so slowly its not playable.only happens on my lap top not the home pc or my sons laptop. this would rule out connection issues. any help would b most welcome as i am unable to lose my money on the sky poker tables at the moment. lol.

• edited December 2009
    hi, i am experiencing the same problems.click no and the table runs so slowly its not playable.only happens on my lap top not the home pc or my sons laptop. this would rule out connection issues. any help would b most welcome as i am unable to lose my money on the sky poker tables at the moment. lol.
    Posted by hi2gts

I have this problem as well.  I have just switched to google chrome and things are so much faster!  Would recommend any one having problems switches asap.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: A script error message : I have this problem as well.  I have just switched to google chrome and things are so much faster!  Would recommend any one having problems switches asap.
    Posted by BIGSHANN
    Hi I have had,  this problem since joining Sky poker, both on a laptop and a computer, so i relunctantly decided not to play on sky again until a download is possible, my other poker  sights run smoothly 
  • edited December 2009
    I have this problem as well but only on 1 of the laptops we have.  The other is fine.  Any suggestions would be welcomed
  • edited December 2009
    Most of these problems are due to laggy internet connections. And sadly, MOST of Britains' internet is laggy because we're so far behind as usual. Even so, applications using the internet should allow for this rather than just flaking out at the slightest blip. And i also wonder how good Sky's servers are, because you've got to remember that EVERY single action has to travel all the way to Sky's server, get processed and then travel back to each player's PC. That's probably 1000's of actions per second when we're all playing, so a few blips are inevitable. BUT, every other poker site in the world has the same problems to deal with, so if they can handle it, why can't Sky?

Also, Flash is heavy on resources because it is a scripting language. It was never intended to be used for highly intensive programs such as a poker client. Because of this, Sky's software needs a massive lump of processor speed and RAM, especially when running multiple games. Most of you will have cheap, low spec PC's or laptops that you bought from PC World or Argos and although they're great for every day tasks like browsing the net or sending a few emails, they soon groan when you give them a bit of hard work to do. As an example, i have just replaced a PC i built myself 5 years ago. It has a 3Ghz processor and 2Gb of RAM which is about the same spec as most "modern" low budget PC's.

I know that it seems stupid having to buy a faster PC to play poker but that's the way it is. Even with downloaded and installed software, you need some hefty gear to play multiple tables. You've got to buy the right tools for the job in hand. A bad tradesman always blames his tools...
  • edited December 2009
    I am experiencing the same script error problem on a fixed line pc.

This problem did not occur before Sky updated the site.

No other app's running, only Sky poker.
    Script error usually occurs when two tables open.

The error just occured during a MTT(2207935) 5 min break, which I was leading.
    The timer stopped at 4:36 and the screen froze.

What's the problem Sky?
  • edited December 2009
    I am experiencing the same script error problem on a fixed line pc. This problem did not occur before Sky updated the site. No other app's running, only Sky poker. Script error usually occurs when two tables open. The error just occured during a MTT(2207935) 5 min break, which I was leading . The timer stopped at 4:36 and the screen froze. What's the problem Sky?
    Posted by Red_King
    hey there,

i'm really sorry to hear about your problems.

if you get in touch with the customer care team (by clicking here) and explain the problems you experienced, they will look at each case individually and award refunds where applicable.

thank you
  • edited December 2009
    I am experiencing the same script error problem on a fixed line pc. This problem did not occur before Sky updated the site. No other app's running, only Sky poker. Script error usually occurs when two tables open. The error just occured during a MTT(2207935) 5 min break, which I was leading . The timer stopped at 4:36 and the screen froze. What's the problem Sky?
    Posted by Red_King
    happening to me to
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A script error message : hey there, i'm really sorry to hear about your problems. if you get in touch with the customer care team ( by clicking here ) and explain the problems you experienced, they will look at each case individually and award refunds where applicable. thank you
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich,
    E-mailed details as advised, no response, Script Errors still happening.

ps: not looking for a refund, just a fix for Script Errors and screen freeze problems when multi-tabling.

What now?
  • edited January 2010
    hey there,

if you still have had no response from the customer care team just give me a shout and i'll chase this up.

regarding your problems...

the script error problem is usually connected with trying to run Sky Poker along with other adobe flash based applications. adobe flash based applications include things like youtube, and having too many of these open may cause an overload on your computer (especially if you are trying to multi-table).

one other thing that could be affecting things may be your anti-virus programme. some of these can run in the background and be a strain on your processor.

try playing Sky Poker with nothing else running and see how you get on.

if you are still having trouble i'll try and get you a more in-depth response.

Rich
  • edited January 2010
    hey there, if you still have had no response from the customer care team just give me a shout and i'll chase this up. regarding your problems... the script error problem is usually connected with trying to run Sky Poker along with other adobe flash based applications. adobe flash based applications include things like youtube, and having too many of these open may cause an overload on your computer (especially if you are trying to multi-table). one other thing that could be affecting things may be your anti-virus programme. some of these can run in the background and be a strain on your processor. try playing Sky Poker with nothing else running and see how you get on. if you are still having trouble i'll try and get you a more in-depth response. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    I still get the error with nothing else running.
  • edited January 2010
    In addition,  I found out yesterday that if you have skype and installed the skype web toolbar the skype web toolbar can cause horrendous problems so uninstall it.   HTH's

• edited January 2010
    Most of these problems are due to laggy internet connections. And sadly, MOST of Britains' internet is laggy because we're so far behind as usual. Even so, applications using the internet should allow for this rather than just flaking out at the slightest blip. And i also wonder how good Sky's servers are, because you've got to remember that EVERY single action has to travel all the way to Sky's server, get processed and then travel back to each player's PC. That's probably 1000's of actions per second when we're all playing, so a few blips are inevitable. BUT, every other poker site in the world has the same problems to deal with, so if they can handle it, why can't Sky? Also, Flash is heavy on resources because it is a scripting language. It was never intended to be used for highly intensive programs such as a poker client. Because of this, Sky's software needs a massive lump of processor speed and RAM, especially when running multiple games. Most of you will have cheap, low spec PC's or laptops that you bought from PC World or Argos and although they're great for every day tasks like browsing the net or sending a few emails, they soon groan when you give them a bit of hard work to do. As an example, i have just replaced a PC i built myself 5 years ago. It has a 3Ghz processor and 2Gb of RAM which is about the same spec as most "modern" low budget PC's. I know that it seems stupid having to buy a faster PC to play poker but that's the way it is. Even with downloaded and installed software, you need some hefty gear to play multiple tables. You've got to buy the right tools for the job in hand. A bad tradesman always blames his tools...
    Posted by FishingPhi
    With downloadable clients the strain used is negligible (for sites with good coding obviously)

I have played 16 tables on a 6 year old desktop (so you can extrapolate the kind of spec that is) with no problem.

" I know that it seems stupid having to buy a faster PC to play poker but that's the way it is"

er - no it isn't. Buy a top of the range computer only if you need one.

The much simpler answer here is, as already suggested, play on the sites which work on basic spec computers (which is almost all poker sites apart from Sky) until Sky either fix their flash system to work more efficiently, produce a downloadable client (which works properly) - or until PC's have developed to the extent that today's top of the range PC's become the standard basic model.

There is a lot higher supply of online poker sites than there is demand - it's up to Sky to prove they're worth playing on, not for the customer to adapt to fit in with them.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A script error message : With downloadable clients the strain used is negligible (for sites with good coding obviously) I have played 16 tables on a 6 year old desktop (so you can extrapolate the kind of spec that is) with no problem. " I know that it seems stupid having to buy a faster PC to play poker but that's the way it is" er - no it isn't. Buy a top of the range computer only if you need one. The much simpler answer here is, as already suggested, play on the sites which work on basic spec computers (which is almost all poker sites apart from Sky) until Sky either fix their flash system to work more efficiently, produce a downloadable client (which works properly) - or until PC's have developed to the extent that today's top of the range PC's become the standard basic model. There is a lot higher supply of online poker sites than there is demand - it's up to Sky to prove they're worth playing on, not for the customer to adapt to fit in with them.
    Posted by BelovedLtd
    totally agree....great post
  • EENEEN
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the answers , but today i install fresh copy of windows : vista , 7 and finally HP , and my first job was to open to see sky tables - no history , no cookies , no other programs running or sites but everything same thing :( The laptop is Eee pc 1000 , 1.6 intel, 1 gb  of ram.
    Posted by zaYo
    Dunno about the linux comment, it should work ok, but the Eee pc's really are only intended for light internet browsing and emails and word processing. Basic kinda things, i really doubt they can handle something as intensive as a flash-based poker app.

Maybe technical team can prove me wrong (hopefully for your sake) but i just dont think you have enough resources in your computer
  • edited January 2010
    ive been getting this flash problem recently!!!

being a script error isnt that more to do with sky or flash rather than the laptop/pc???
  • edited January 2010
    hey there, if you still have had no response from the customer care team just give me a shout and i'll chase this up. regarding your problems... the script error problem is usually connected with trying to run Sky Poker along with other adobe flash based applications. adobe flash based applications include things like youtube, and having too many of these open may cause an overload on your computer (especially if you are trying to multi-table). one other thing that could be affecting things may be your anti-virus programme. some of these can run in the background and be a strain on your processor. try playing Sky Poker with nothing else running and see how you get on. if you are still having trouble i'll try and get you a more in-depth response. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich, still no response, errors still occurring.
  • edited January 2010
    ok sorry about that. let me see what i can do.
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich, I am also having this problem on two laptops after my home computer broke...so same internet connection etc. The only similarity on the two new laptops is McAfee anti virus, please can you check with support to see if this is one of the AV software programs that interfere with Sky Poker...If so...Geronimo, i'll just uninstall and use AGV...lol

Cheers, TRIP5
  • edited January 2010
    yep sure. let me go and try and find the answer for you.
  • edited January 2010
    Morning all. The Sky Poker site in it's current Flash only delivery can be resource intensive. Some machines on an average broadband will have issues opening multiple tables.

Issues with flash can be aided by browser choice and OS. With Windows 7 utilizing CPU better than Vista for instance. However this is not an upgrade open to everyone and due to the vast differences in what people use for home computing we cannot guarantee any fix.

The Sky Poker download that is currently under development will greatly alleviate these issues and we do try and minimise the resources of our site needs but Flash is always quite resouce intensive.

It does sound like these issues have increased recently and I am keen to know if people think this is true and if so can they let me know when they think they started.

Regards,

Sky Tech