You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A script error message

2»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A script error message:
    Morning all. The Sky Poker site in it's current Flash only delivery can be resource intensive. Some machines on an average broadband will have issues opening multiple tables. Issues with flash can be aided by browser choice and OS. With Windows 7 utilizing CPU better than Vista for instance. However this is not an upgrade open to everyone and due to the vast differences in what people use for home computing we cannot guarantee any fix. The Sky Poker download that is currently under development will greatly alleviate these issues and we do try and minimise the resources of our site needs but Flash is always quite resouce intensive. It does sound like these issues have increased recently and I am keen to know if people think this is true and if so can they let me know when they think they started. Regards, Sky Tech
    Posted by Sky_Tech
    The errors did not happen before the site update a few weeks ago.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: A script error message : The errors did not happen before the site update a few weeks ago.
    Posted by Red_King

Something's definitely changed: for over a month everything was hunky dory with me, not even a glitch.

Then, w/o me changing anything, problems started to occur.

• igeige
    edited January 2010
    ive got to say mine was fine until the upgrade on my partners laptop and my pc,now its just unplayable and as above i had not changed a thing.i get serious laging probs
  • edited January 2010
    If sky running fine like Stars, will be great.
    Now with laptop on 1 year i cant play on 1 table , on next java update i must buy PC from NASA.

• edited January 2010
    Morning all. The Sky Poker site in it's current Flash only delivery can be resource intensive. Some machines on an average broadband will have issues opening multiple tables. Issues with flash can be aided by browser choice and OS. With Windows 7 utilizing CPU better than Vista for instance. However this is not an upgrade open to everyone and due to the vast differences in what people use for home computing we cannot guarantee any fix. The Sky Poker download that is currently under development will greatly alleviate these issues and we do try and minimise the resources of our site needs but Flash is always quite resouce intensive. It does sound like these issues have increased recently and I am keen to know if people think this is true and if so can they let me know when they think they started. Regards, Sky Tech
    Posted by Sky_Tech
    Skytech,
    Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Browsing,
    UNCHECK Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer).
    This will display all the errors on any Skypoker page, also gives better options to rectify.
    On this setting, basic errors on page loading (Yellow Triangle) do not appear.
    Playing two tables, no errors, except on opening this reply page,
    dialogue box corrects error if you are not checking the page.
  • edited January 2010
    Red_King - are you still getting this. Did any local changes to your PC help?

Regards,

Sky Tech
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by Sky_Tech
    I have 2 laptops set up the same one works fine and one does not!!  Seems to be since the upgrade.
  • edited January 2010
    Red_King - are you still getting this. Did any local changes to your PC help? Regards, Sky Tech
    Posted by Sky_Tech
    NO, errors still hapening, current settings show all errors and allow error bypass.

Clicking on "reply to this post" link, results in "Webpage Error" dialogue box with message

Line: 9
    Error: 'href.match(...).1' is null or not an object

click NO if not checking page for errors, closes without any problems.

ps; Added extra RAM, still errors on pages.
  • edited February 2010
    Just upgraded to Windows 7 and I now run like a dream...no more stupid script errors....multi-tabling is great, I can even have the lobby's open while playing multiple mtt's...lovely!!!

Defo worth a look if your system is compatible

x
  • igeige
    edited February 2010
    well i went on ft last 2 nights opened up 5 tables perfect.just this site sry to say. not one other site do i have probs with.not having a go just telling the truth.my SKY broadband ermmm average broadband lol,works fine just not on here.