You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Team Sky Poker - The Next Generation...

Comments

• edited April 2013
    One small point, if you're going to have qualifiers (which virtually everyone seems to have agreed upon), have one final on a day other than a Sunday. Not everyone can play on a Sunday (I don't have a problem with it but I know of people who do)
  • edited April 2013
    How about the qualification takes place live some how, I think a lot of the players playing the Monte Carlo where way out of there depth

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - The Next Generation...:
    How about the qualification takes place live some how, I think a lot of the players playing the Monte Carlo where way out of there depth
    Posted by swamp_rat
    Logistically a live sat would be really difficult to do.  You're either restricting a chance to entry to a specific location or expecting people to pay for travel and accommodation to play a satellite.  I'm not sure if it could run TBH.

I also completely disagree that anyone was out of their depth from TSP at the Monte Carlo.
  • edited April 2013
    Depth was probably a little harsh. Comfort zone woud be more suited.  I played it by the way and didnt do very wel so I am not realy in a position to comment I guess.
  • edited April 2013
    Depth was probably a little harsh. Comfort zone woud be more suited.  I played it by the way and didnt do very wel so I am not realy in a position to comment I guess.
    Posted by swamp_rat
    as this was your first post ever, maybe you should practice beforehand.  first form sentence in your head, then try it out with a few friends before exposing yourself in public.  then when you're happy, post here.  maybe you were a little out of your comfort zone on the thread? 

• edited April 2013
    Posted by swamp_rat
    Do you normally play on here or have you signed up after seeing the SKY players at DTD?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - The Next Generation... : Do you normally play on here or have you signed up after seeing the SKY players at DTD?
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    Ive opened an account because of the skybet side TBF, I might pay some poker on here in the future. WP in the Super Roller by the way Mr Aussie09

• edited April 2013
    Would love to be a TSP - The next generation player.

Will be trying my hardest to qualify.

Live long and prosper.

Sue

xx

PS good luck to everyone.

• edited April 2013
    Posted by swamp_rat
    Comfort zone might well be fair comment for some, but that would also apply for a lot of the field, not just TSP players.  DTD ran tons of sats and as is the way in big tournies like this, I saw plenty of nervous people not wearing blue.
  • edited April 2013
    swampy makes a good point about some internet guys finding live to be uncomfortable.
    but live sats not practical as tommy says
    unless you use a cheaper live event as a last longer sat for a biggie like the monte carlo

• edited April 2013
    I think that between Scotty, Tommy and Doh we have a winner

The sunday qualifiers were a great thing, they gave everyone the chance to get into the team and more importantly gave everyone the opportunity to win a seat into a tournament with a buyin that is well out of most peoples reach. The more exclusive the tournament entry the better, everyone loves an "I won an £1100 seat for a quid" story. Have a decent satellite structure similar to Viva Las Vegas. I would also advertise the fact that the seat was in addition to the prizepool as I dont think this was clear from the outset last time. So there you have your marketing...not only can you win an £1100 seat but cash as well

I agree with Doh, the picks should be on ability alone. To continue the football analogy, would you be happy if the team you support had a useless player who was in the team because he's a good laugh in the pub afterwards?

The reintroduction of a league in some form or another would be fantastic. When i started playing on skypoker, i played £2.30BHs, somehow (I forget exactly how the league worked) I was entered into a freeroll at the end of the month/quarter where the prize was top 10 won a seat into the Thursday night £110 roller. I got into the roller through the freeroll one month. As someone who deposited the odd 50 quid when the student loan came in was a great prize, I was playing in a tournament that i couldnt afford to buy into with people that i'd watched on mastercash (I was terrified). As a result I aimed to get into that freeroll each time, and probably deposited a bit too much of the student loan in the process. The point is it created brand loyalty, gave people of all bank rolls the opportunity to enter something they couldn't normally afford.

I think a similar thing would work for TSP. Top 10 from MTT, STT, Cash play a tournament at the end of the period with the prize being TSP. The top 150 (I think thats what it was before) from each discipline entered into a freeroll with x number of seats into the sunday qualifier on offer.
  • edited April 2013
    the football analogy doesn't work though

it's totally different

It shouldn't be picked on ability alone because to be perfectly honest I cannot be bothered travelling up and down the country wearing that hideous sky poker hoody (you really need to get a new design)
  • edited April 2013
    Morning 
    Just read up on all this and there is a hell of alot of good points ;')
    BUT 1 that no one has touched on and the fact alot of players on the forum are in team and each team has a monthly team game, why don't the the players who CASH in these games get put in a mtts a the winner get a seat, then a least 1 forum dtd team reg gets a seat.
    Just my idea ;')
    rungood 
    Jon
  • edited April 2013
    Why not give a team sky poker place to the forum DTD monthly winner,
    it would show support for the low stakes players and community as a whole!
  • edited April 2013
    I must agree :)esponse to Re: Team Sky Poker - The Next Generation...:
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - The Next Generation... : That'll be a first. I really thought it had the base from which to grow something unique, & special, & I hope it continues. I don't know any other site which does anything like it. My thoughts? It depends on how you want to cut the "spend cake". Personally, rather than, say, one big outing per year, or whatever, I think 3 or 4 smaller ones would maybe work better, if only because it spreads the opportunities to be part of it amongst a lot more players. If the Live Events were, say, £250, we could do four for the same money as was spent on the £1,100-er, at £300-ish, three for the same money, that sort of thing.  So instead of 11 Players getting a shot at it, there would be 33 or 44 slots up for grabs, & we could do it once per quarter. Has to be better imo.   Should those who have had a shot get another go?  I think a maximum of x should, say 2 or 3. Thewy is our Site Pro, so to my mind, he is the Captain, & should be there. After all, he's been winning Tourneys forever, & he sets a great example in table behaviour. Maybe we could/should include the player who did best last time, as a sort of incentive. Open mind really, but more outings at smaller Tourneys would be my main thought - it spreads the chances around so many more players.       
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited April 2013
     The qualifying tournaments should be deep stack and longer levels (more like a live event) and maybe cost a bit more with satellites, would then be more off a achievement to get in the team and at the same time create a lot more interest and excitement about getting in team.
    Keep the picks that creates interest, off course Julian stays in being sky pro.
    One of the reasons sky are doing this is advertising,so they would like players that had a fair chance of staying in for a while,so good qualifying tournaments would help achieve that
  • edited April 2013
     The qualifying tournaments should be deep stack and longer levels (more like a live event) and maybe cost a bit more with satellites, would then be more off a achievement to get in the team and at the same time create a lot more interest and excitement about getting in team. Keep the picks that creates interest, off course Julian stays in being sky pro. One of the reasons sky are doing this is advertising,so they would like players that had a fair chance of staying in for a while,so good qualifying tournaments would help achieve that
    Posted by andrew1947
    I dont mind about the buy in level but the structure of the previous TSP was pretty poor IMO so big plus 1 to this.
  • edited April 2013
    Why not give a team sky poker place to the forum DTD monthly winner, it would show support for the low stakes players and community as a whole!
    Posted by poppy765
    Like this idea... a lot.... 

• edited April 2013
    Why not give a team sky poker place to the forum DTD monthly winner, it would show support for the low stakes players and community as a whole!
    Posted by poppy765

Like this idea... a lot.... 

big + 1
  • edited April 2013

Fantastic thread and as usual TommyD pretty much covers everything(obv. too much time on your hands sir). The only things i would add to this are that if the small BR players are included the costs of attending COULD be restricting so to counteract this why not provide a package which would include travel, accomodation and meal allowance for all TSP members.
       Now obviously this would eat in to the budget but could be funded out of any winnings acheived by the team. As i understand it at present any winnings are kept by the winning player but i think that Sky should take 50% of all winnings to be reinvested back into the pot which could lead to the whole TSP concept being self funding, ensuring the longevity of the scheme, providing there is some binkage of course.
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by poppy765
    slight variation

winner of the monthly has a drawback in that it is not a TV tournie, and it is difficult to follow the final weeks action & permutations

instead why not put the weekly winners (or top 3) into a TV SNG with the winner getting the place - would be gr8 tv, and a gr8 opportunity for lower stakes players to win some airtime. And there are enough higher stakes players in it to avoid any suggestion this would be a soft way in

and you can always start the list with yesterday's DTD winner #justsaying #bragpost #butseriousabouttheidea
  • edited April 2013
        Fantastic thread and as usual TommyD pretty much covers everything(obv. too much time on your hands sir). The only things i would add to this are that if the small BR players are included the costs of attending COULD be restricting so to counteract this why not provide a package which would include travel, accomodation and meal allowance for all TSP members.    Now obviously this would eat in to the budget but could be funded out of any winnings acheived by the team. As i understand it at present any winnings are kept by the winning player but i think that Sky should take 50% of all winnings to be reinvested back into the pot which could lead to the whole TSP concept being self funding, ensuring the longevity of the scheme, providing there is some binkage of course.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    If players are rolled for these tournaments I could see them turning down the 50% deal
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Team Sky Poker - The Next Generation...:
    We are planning the next wave of Team Sky Poker. Suggestions / feedback welcome....
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    timetable?
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Team Sky Poker - The Next Generation... : timetable?
    Posted by GELDY
    This was discussed over 3 months ago - probably out of date at the moment mate (SEE THE DATES DISCUSSED)

Hope your well by the way

Chris
    POKEY2011
  • edited August 2013
    Still really looking forward to TSP being revived, whatever form it takes.
  • edited August 2013
    zzzzzzz.... c'mon sky 
  • edited August 2013
    How about sending the team o the Dtd £300 monthly every month for a year.
    See who can scoop the big one!..

P.s.i am available for the next 12 months...
  • edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - The Next Generation... : Logistically a live sat would be really difficult to do.  You're either restricting a chance to entry to a specific location or expecting people to pay for travel and accommodation to play a satellite.  I'm not sure if it could run TBH. I also completely disagree that anyone was out of their depth from TSP at the Monte Carlo.
    Posted by TommyD
    Live sat?......top ten at a future spt get a place?....simples
  • edited August 2013
    Why not have Team Sky poker "a" and a Team Sky poker "B" 

Team "a" being the picks and the "b's" being qualifyers. Perhaps each one of the picks could mentor /team up with one of the qualifiers or perhaps they could hold their own little comp a's v b's - be good for banter /bragging rights etc
  • edited August 2013
    Why not have Team Sky poker "a" and a Team Sky poker "B"  Team "a" being the picks and the "b's" being qualifyers. Perhaps each one of the picks could mentor /team up with one of the qualifiers or perhaps they could hold their own little comp a's v b's - be good for banter /bragging rights etc
    Posted by Jeffter
    Great idea.