You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

tikay for the next team

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
hi all i think tikay should be in the next sky poker team.
he workes so hard for sky and help people so much.
all in favor say hi

Comments

• edited April 2013

is tikay that really old one ebbers?  aye
  • edited April 2013
    deffo im all for tikay he does a great job without teeks there would be no sky channel :)
  • edited April 2013

Player/Manager?...........Edgar Davids?..........

Go Tikay, Go!  We'll support you evermore..........

• edited April 2013
      Great idea lets hope the suits agree
  • edited April 2013
    Best suggestion for a team player yet
  • edited April 2013
    defo have tikay play
  • edited April 2013
    I've deleted a couple of posts from this thread.

For the record, they were nothing to do with the content of the original post or Tikay (this is for those getting here late).

If people have an issue, you know where Customer Services is.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: tikay for the next team:
    I've deleted a couple of posts from this thread. For the record, they were nothing to do with the content of the original post or Tikay (this is for those getting here late). If people have an issue, you know where Customer Services is.
    Posted by TommyD
    meh, still love you

orange tat pls

(deleted, requoted op still stands tho)

xx
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: tikay for the next team : meh, still love you orange tat pls (deleted, requoted op still stands tho) xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Despite personal views and the fact I really like the people who's posts I deleted, I don't play favourites.

We've got a nice positive thread going, I want it to stay that way.

And yes to OP, or 'Hi' for some reason ;)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: tikay for the next team : Despite personal views and the fact I really like the people who's posts I deleted, I don't play favourites. We've got a nice positive thread going, I want it to stay that way. And yes to OP, or 'Hi' for some reason ;)
    Posted by TommyD
    yuk,

good job im not a semi-mental chapess like spammy or else we'd really fall out..

tat pls..

xx
  • edited April 2013
    I've still got the orange tat, you said 'bring it to Newcastle.'  It'll be there Miss Trips.
  • edited April 2013

I Wudnt bite if I were u either. Your teeth might fall out :-)

But if TK is gonna play, who's going to be the new team manager???
  • edited April 2013
    Hi (or Hai if you meant it to be Japanese)
  • edited April 2013

Hi & Rich Orford as Team Manager
  • edited April 2013
    Tikay gets my vote!
  • edited April 2013
      Tikay has been absolutely brilliant for the site!---- According to sharkscope, he hardly ever plays on sky anymore--- everything has a reason--- except Orford--- obviously
  • edited April 2013

Good morning.

....... />blushes<......

Many thanks Ebbers, & to those who agreed with him.

I would like to tell you that the Business actually offered me a place in the last "Team Sky Poker" at Nottingham, the idea was that I would be "Player Manager".

I was very grateful, & touched, by the kind offer, but decided to decline on that occasion.

SO many people were desperate for a seat, & I think they were more deserving.

It was hard enough making my "picks", too, with a few rather rude comments about some of those I selected, though sadly, those comments were directed at the players rather than me, which was a tad unfair, as they never asked to be picked. If my name had been on the Team Sheet, thus denying someone else a shot, it would not have gone down too well with many others.

I will be 100% honest with you though - I got so much pleasure from seeing the 11 players enjoying themselves, some of them have never before, & will never again, get chance to play such a major Tournament. So I'm very happy as things panned out, & I loved being the so-called "Manager", chatting with them all, revving them up, & helping Tighty do the Updates.

There is, for me just as much pleasure in helping give others a chance. I've had a grand life, & had a shot at most things, now much of the pleasure is from seeing others enjoy themselves.   

If I had the chance to do Team Sky Poker all again, I would do quite a few things better next time. But I would be very happy indeed to play the same role, "Manager", again.
  • edited April 2013
      Tikay has been absolutely brilliant for the site!---- According to sharkscope, he hardly ever plays on sky anymore--- everything has a reason--- except Orford--- obviously
    Posted by oynutter
    Ha! You may be the only one who noticed.......

I took a little break from playing Online Poker, I needed a rest as I've been playing Online Poker since almost the day it began, back in the late 90's, so around 15 years now.

The Business also changed my remit, & gave me a desk load of new responsibilities, some of which I found pretty difficult, tiring, & stressful at times, not to say a bit beyond my ability.

The Sky Sports Cash Game landed on my desk, that stressed me to pieces. You cannot begin to imagine the complexities. Several other Projects, too, not all of which I succeeded in achieving. 

So, I just needed to take a little break in the evenings, & chill out. I spend all day on the computer, so in the evenings, I needed a little time to read, walk, & think. 

I've been seriously thinking about playing on Sky Poker again, now things have calmed down a bit.

I enjoyed it immensely, but I DID find it difficult to multi table AND chat with other players, especially as the regulars are so friendly, & often wanted to chat. I confess it irked me somewhat when I was 5 Tabling one Evening and a regular complained that I had not said "hi" to him. Groan.....

I had a routine, which never varied. I said "hi" to EVERY player on every Table, every time. One day I missed ONE player & he got uppity about it!

Good manners are very important, too, & so often people asked me questions, it seems so rude not to reply. But quite frequently (& you KNOW how awkward it is to reply when multi-tabling, you keep losing what you type!), because I did not answer quick enough, the player who asked the question would then type....

"?????"

And I'm thinking GIVE ME A CHANCE MATE.....!

Anyone who has seen me typing - just the one finger - would understand.......

I admit, I do struggle a little with my tolerance levels to bad manners & rudeness. It all seems so un-necessary, & at my stage of life, it is a little much to see one or two trying to spoil it for the vast majority. 

So there you are, warts & all. 

I'd actually quite like to start playing a few evenings a week on Sky Poker now, & will probably do so. 

Not sure whether it should be a formal thing, a "Take on tikay" Tourney or Cash Table, or just informal. I'll probably play on my "private" Account, as some folks were dissing me because I have Two accounts, one being the Company one, & the other my own.  It was not like I was "hiding" behind a secret alias, it was all above board & transparent, but there you go.

I actually registered for last Wednesday's Omaha evening, but an urgent business matter arose, as some of you may know, & so I got the phone call, "can you deal with it please?" & off I went.

I'm scheduled to be working past Midnight tonight, tomorrow & Wednesday (for Sky Poker, but not Online) so it may be a few days before I am back on the Site, but fingers crossed, I'll see you later this week. It is most likely I'll stick to Omaha stuff though, unless the Business suggest otherwise. Omaha remains my first love of all poker variants. Just small-ball stuff, as I'd really like to help as many others as possible learn the wondferful 4 card game.

So there you go Mr Nuttercase, a full answer, & thank you for mentioning it.

Now your turn in the Hot Seat. How is your health these days? There was a time when you never thought you'd see 2013........

• edited April 2013
    Good morning. ....... />blushes<...... Many thanks Ebbers, & to those who agreed with him. I would like to tell you that the Business actually offered me a place in the last "Team Sky Poker" at Nottingham, the idea was that I would be "Player Manager". I was very grateful, & touched, by the kind offer, but decided to decline on that occasion. SO many people were desperate for a seat, & I think they were more deserving.   It was hard enough making my "picks", too, with a few rather rude comments about some of those I selected, though sadly, those comments were directed at the players rather than me, which was a tad unfair, as they never asked to be picked. If my name had been on the Team Sheet, thus denying someone else a shot, it would not have gone down too well with many others.   I will be 100% honest with you though - I got so much pleasure from seeing the 11 players enjoying themselves, some of them have never before, & will never again, get chance to play such a major Tournament. So I'm very happy as things panned out, & I loved being the so-called "Manager", chatting with them all, revving them up, & helping Tighty do the Updates. There is, for me just as much pleasure in helping give others a chance. I've had a grand life, & had a shot at most things, now much of the pleasure is from seeing others enjoy themselves.    If I had the chance to do Team Sky Poker all again, I would do quite a few things better next time. But I would be very happy indeed to play the same role, "Manager", again.
    Posted by Tikay10
     Hi Tikay, I know what you mean there, but anyone complaining about your inclusion in the team would be quite rapidly shot down in the forum --- The vast majority would be delighted to see you play in the the team -- If someone else was denied a place because of it, so be it-- there will be another chance for them---- seems to me that your innate unselfishness in this regard could deny many a lot of pleasure.---- So stop being so selfish and put your unselfishness aside for a change--lol
  • edited April 2013

OyNuttercase - you avoided MY Question!

Answer it, or I will have you shot.
  • edited April 2013
    Sorry---was typing--- I will---I will---my keyboard is kernackered
  • edited April 2013
    I will post something similar in the TSP thread with my ideas about TSP but wanted to put this here.

For me TSP, amongst other things, is a mixture of (in no particular order)

1. Getting someone deep in a tournament to get the "patch on the final table" as this helps promote the site. More players on the site benefits us all (as long as their not too good!).
    2. Representing the site by the way the team acts both on and off the tables, while players are their to try and win the tournament they also are their to field questions from other players about the site they are representing. In my opinion the last thing we want is someone wearing headphones with a hoodie up not speaking to any players as this doesn't represent what the site is about.
    3. Rewarding the members of the site and keeping the good community feel

Trying to resist comments about Tikay and point 1 ....but as far as points 2 and 3, Tikay would do a brilliant job of this and I think it would really boost numbers on the site
  • edited April 2013
     Thanks for asking about me Tikay--- To be honest, a lot has changed since my heart operation---- Things I can't do anymore frustrate me most ---- Feeling cold is the probably the worst----- I spent 1500 quid on heating one room last winter--- and I still have no job------ low energy because of beta blockers is another thing---- I also think I am suffering from a thing called pump head--- Its said to be caused by complications of being a long time on a heart/lung machine, my brain was very foggy for a long time---- like yourself, my tolerance went right downhill---- I seem to be still recovering from it ----- getting used to being skint is hard ------ I have been quite depressed too,

I am very glad to be still alive though, and all my problems seem quite insignificant when compared to not being here at all--- So that fact does keep my spirits up.

Thanks again for asking. it was good to think about it, and write it down---- I think I still have some recovering to do, but I am getting more optimistic about the future.

Life is only as good as you can persuade yourself it is innit--lol---- Thanks Tikay
  • edited April 2013

That is an amazing story Nutter.

Keep your chin up bud. We only live once.

You coming up to Dublin for the SPT?

My memory is probably all messed up, but I had it in my mind that you lived "down the bottom" of Ireland, maybe Cork or somewhere like that? Long way from Dublin, anyway, but it'd be great to meet you.

• edited April 2013
     I would love to make it up to Dublin and meet everyone Tikay, but I am totally skintilated right now, still paying for winter electricity-- Me Julee broke her leg too, so it cost a lot visiting and looking after her --- I can only afford twenty quid a week for poker atm, and if iwin, I have to withdraw it, so it looks like I wont make it this year---- I might be able to come if my luck changes, and would still come even if I cant play---- So there is a chance I can make it, but it dos'nt seem likely atm.

I might stand at the door with an Oynutter sign on my head---- people could punch me on their way in -- lol
  • edited April 2013
    Ii don't suppose I could have the names of the "rude comments" :)n Response to Re: tikay for the next team:
    Good morning. ....... />blushes<...... Many thanks Ebbers, & to those who agreed with him. I would like to tell you that the Business actually offered me a place in the last "Team Sky Poker" at Nottingham, the idea was that I would be "Player Manager". I was very grateful, & touched, by the kind offer, but decided to decline on that occasion. SO many people were desperate for a seat, & I think they were more deserving.   It was hard enough making my "picks", too, with a few rather rude comments about some of those I selected, though sadly, those comments were directed at the players rather than me, which was a tad unfair, as they never asked to be picked. If my name had been on the Team Sheet, thus denying someone else a shot, it would not have gone down too well with many others.   I will be 100% honest with you though - I got so much pleasure from seeing the 11 players enjoying themselves, some of them have never before, & will never again, get chance to play such a major Tournament. So I'm very happy as things panned out, & I loved being the so-called "Manager", chatting with them all, revving them up, & helping Tighty do the Updates. There is, for me just as much pleasure in helping give others a chance. I've had a grand life, & had a shot at most things, now much of the pleasure is from seeing others enjoy themselves.    If I had the chance to do Team Sky Poker all again, I would do quite a few things better next time. But I would be very happy indeed to play the same role, "Manager", again.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited April 2013
    Ps Tikay, I had a lot of months I could'nt play poker, because I could'nt concentrate, getting better now, but it's very hard if you're not enjoying it, or winning at it--lol--- I had to just relax and get back into it slowly--- one or two evenings a week was fine for a while, and now I feel I can start to enjoy it again--- I think my confidence took a hit  --- I hope you will start to enjoy it again, and that people will leave you at it---- I watched you playing a few times but decided not to hassle you---- hopefully people will leave you be, and let you enjoy it.
  • edited April 2013
     Thanks for asking about me Tikay--- To be honest, a lot has changed since my heart operation---- Things I can't do anymore frustrate me most ---- Feeling cold is the probably the worst----- I spent 1500 quid on heating one room last winter--- and I still have no job------ low energy because of beta blockers is another thing---- I also think I am suffering from a thing called pump head--- Its said to be caused by complications of being a long time on a heart/lung machine, my brain was very foggy for a long time---- like yourself, my tolerance went right downhill---- I seem to be still recovering from it ----- getting used to being skint is hard ------ I have been quite depressed too,  I am very glad to be still alive though, and all my problems seem quite insignificant when compared to not being here at all--- So that fact does keep my spirits up.  Thanks again for asking. it was good to think about it, and write it down---- I think I still have some recovering to do, but I am getting more optimistic about the future.  Life is only as good as you can persuade yourself it is innit--lol---- Thanks Tikay
    Posted by oynutter

Bad beats and losing poker money pale into significance after reading this. I hope things improve for you both in poker and life oynutter and your health keeps improving. Keep your chin up sir. 

Best wishes

Mewillows/jamie