You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

the MEADOWS KILLAS only 2 months experince of cash games diary

edited August 2014 in Poker Chat
Im kinda of new. But not. I started 2 years ago playing ten quid  buys in casual 8 handed games with my mates. Started beating them. So I dabbled with 5 p ten p and considered myself a decent recreational player that broke even at best.

Anyway had 2 weeks off work on march the 6th and decided to get good(not try and make it) snd see if I could earn steady cash. if I could it would mean instead of going to the pub or something daft I could stay in and not only save my money but actually earn. So I built myself a criteria.

I put in 30 quid, and multi tabled 2 p 4 p. I started off with 1 table but I do 3 now. Ive with drawn 117 quid thus far, with still 30 quid in. Ive earnt over 1300 points in under 2 months. Bare in mind ive lost money on poor play, tilt, mis calling, boredom and 2 bounty hunters I ddint care for.

So I think that's a good start, I feel lots of work is to be done.

But as of may the 1st I will kee a diary for you guys.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Look forward to reading.
  • edited May 2013

Cracking stuff meadow, welcome to the forum and look forward to reading your diary!

You are a good player, for sure, so will have no problems making profit from 2p 4p.

Though, if you were going to the pub to play a game, it's a cheap night out. Can't beat a bit of live poker and the banter that goes with it.

Look forward to hearing about your continued success. I'm gonna do the same thing goin forward, i've lifted most cash outa my account and am now just playing with £50 quid, and will continue to keep it at £50 quid withdrawing any profits.

Good luck!

• edited May 2013
    Hey, welcome to the forum good to chat to you on the table tonight. Best of luck.
  • edited May 2013
    cheers guys.

Well I have 24 quid account before I started this journal. I did a cheeky bounty hunter game which nicked 5.75 off my bankroll, which I played ok in, got it in with ace queen all in and lost to king jack. Oh well, this is bout cash games. did you win bbmike btw?

3 tabled tonight, played ok and ended up down just over 3 quid.  In my 2 month criteria a fairly new development is my 3 strikes and out rule. Basically its a top up criteria to reduce bad play/tilt and also limit how much I can lose in a poor session. The general gist of it is that I have only 3 top ups allowed so In theory I can only lose a max of 12 quid in one sesson.

mentally  I was going in thinking I wasn't going to do to well as yesterday I had a my aces smashed in a 3 way all in preflop war with kings and jacks, and the jacks won with a back door flush.
    I logged on a 1030 and said to myself ill play all the way through to happy hour ends if I don't lose all my 3 lives. It was just one of those night where although I lost I kinda felt I was up. I was just continually having to make tough decisions in tough spots, here are some examples.

This guy(who I couldn't win a pot off all night lol) raised 12 p, I re reraised with pocket jacks to about 28p he calls. Queen of hearts, 5 of clubs and 3 of clubs hit. He showed all in. he was small stack(about 1.70-2.00 odd), and I felt I just had to fold. H did the innial raise of 12 p with could be king queen, ace queen, etc. I folded. I asked him what he had and he had king 8 suited of clubs. So I would have been slightly better than a coin toss, but im still pleased I folded. But it kinda set the tone for the rest of the night that nothing would go my way.

Anyway, I got up to 6.50 on that table, and raised heavily with ace queen suited(spades) on dealer chip.he called (yes same guy) with his orginal 8 p min raise. Flop came jack of hearts, 7 of spades 2 of spades. he either checked or betted, I decided to shove. I had so many outs the fold equity. But he called with poket 8's(very brave call considering the jack and the fact I raised heavily) and I didn't hit the ace, queen or spades lol. But I reviewed the hand on the poker hand ods site and I was slightly better than a coin flip at over 55 percent.

did I do the right play folks??perhaps I need to be more selective with that play on the 2 p 4p level lol.

WITH THE SAME GUY AGAIN!(notice pattern here folks) I called in small blind with jack 9 suited of clubS in a 6 way family pot.Flop came 2 2 4, two of which were clubs. I was calling with pot odds and hit flush on last card, but fully aware of full house. Called the river 80 p raise and low and behold he had pocket fours to complete full house. Old me would have shoved all in there(3 weeks ago to be precise) so I can take some postives from that I guess.

Other tough spot was a rasied 28 p with my pocket tens on button. All mins raises of 8 p folded apart from the dude to the right of me. Flop came 9,8 2 rainbow. I bet half pOt after his check and he called. A king came, I cant remember if I cheked or had one more stab at it, but we checked the river and he had pocket queens. He divulged to me that he was about to fold preflop. So perhaps I should be even more aggressive with tens on dealer chip. Oh well you live and learn.

All in a bad time of it, but I gave myself a B as I was never angry or tilted, and I didn't some nice bluff catching. Being 3 quid down aint to bad n 3 tables.
  • edited May 2013
    No, came 8th in that one I think was 3rd (joint 2nd) in chips with 8 left and tangled with the guy with a similar chip count. All chips went in on the turn and he hit one of two cards on the river. Felt pretty sick, thought I had the whole thing locked up! Sent you the hand by pm if you're interested.

If you want feedback on hands, copy them in from the hand history as it just makes it easier to follow the action. I wouldn't pay too much attention to what people claim they had in the chat box, I've been holding the cards people have said they had a few times!

A nitty point but if you have 3 top-ups @£4 isn't your max loss > £12....? Do you only top up when you go bust? I don't really play cash but I've heard people saying you should reload when you get below around 25% down (so £3) at a minimum. Playing short can make you make sub-optimal plays and will also mean you can't get max value from the other stacks around. Just thoughts. Run well.
  • edited May 2013
    "But I reviewed the hand on the poker hand ods site and I was slightly better than a coin flip at over 55 percent.

did I do the right play folks? "

Sounds like you,ve answered your own question there.

I,d certainly have made a note on the guy who said he was tempted to fold qq pre. He must think your uber tight if he,s telling the truth

GL with the diary. I started what seems like ages ago with a similar role at 2p/4p and it can get boring and a bit robotic at times but i wouldn,t start playing tourneys until you,ve built up your roll a bit. The hardest thing i found was stepping up from 2p/4p as its such a big difference imo to 5p/10p and above where bluffing comes into play. It doesn,t seem to get used at 2p/4p half as much.

Ps - hope you didn,t get any of those annoying pop ups you cant get rid off while writing your post - GL  
  • edited May 2013

Got home from work. Played 6-7 and was down a quid, folded pocket tens to a 44p reraise by a guy that seemed pretty good, he had kings. Ended up being evens after 3 tabling.

Logged on from 930 till 11.00(little bit tipsy from glass of wine) and finished up 13 quid with 3 tabling. im now on 33 quid, up 13 quid for the day and up 7 quid on my 24/25 quid bankroll.

Im only on 29 points though and I am well short of my 500 points target. May need to happy hour some 5 p 10 bump it up at the end of the month.

• edited May 2013

nice going mate,keep it going.
    this i'm sure will make for good reading.

good luck buddy

:)
    dev
  • edited May 2013

why the 500 points target? are you aware the bonus payouts have changed?

any reason why you have withdrawn back down to the £30. i got the impression from chatting to you at the tables a few weeks back your were trying to build up to step up to nl10.

good luck at the tables

• edited May 2013
    up to 34.56 and up 1.57 for the day. Boring day until the last two hands tbh. Played 6 til 7(again skilfully missing hapy hour), literally nothing happened and was down a quid or so from the blinds.

Then logged on at 10 played for about 20 minutes and was playing rubbish raising heavily on button with ace ten suited, a 12 p original raiser re raised me to 88 p I called and the flop was horrendous. then folded. Rubbish play.

Then I hit full house with pocket queens and hit quads with pocket 5's and was up 8 quid in 2 hands.

I quit because I was pretty rubbish all day and finished up so I quit before I played anymore horrendous poker, I give myself a d minus.

10 pound profit since starting diary
  • edited May 2013
    awful day, swing from 34 quid to 21 quid. Never felt tilted. Played decent hands aggressively and I think im running bad but at the same time I think I am getting in needless scraps with moderate hands that fritters away a lot of money in between my bad beats. Ill get involved with a okay hand, but the bet size doesn't match how good my hand is. Im also shoving /rerasing on draw heavy boards and losing y coin tosses, and even lost kings to 9 3 of clubs, I smooth called a 12 p raise so I deserved it, but heres soe of my key hands, I would like some of you guys to pick apart my aggressive style.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BURNShurtz Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.60
    DRK1965 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.85
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

meadowskil Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £3.99
    DarthMega Call  £0.12 £0.30 £2.22
    SALSACITY Call  £0.12 £0.42 £3.58
    BURNShurtz Fold     
    DRK1965 Fold     
    Flop

• J

meadowskil Check     
    DarthMega Bet  £0.04 £0.46 £2.18
    SALSACITY Call  £0.04 £0.50 £3.54
    meadowskil Raise  £0.58 £1.08 £3.41
    DarthMega All-in  £2.18 £3.26 £0.00
    SALSACITY Fold     
    meadowskil Call  £1.64 £4.90 £1.77
    meadowskil Show
    • A
    • Q

DarthMega Show
    • J
    • J

Turn

• A

River

DarthMega Win Full House, Jacks and 7s £4.53  £4.53
  • edited May 2013

Hand History #650206275 (22:26 04/05/2013)

meadowskil Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.40
    GADGETBOY1 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.33
      Your hole cards

brass Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £1.34
    me2uu2me Call  £0.16 £0.38 £2.36
    TINTIN Fold     
    meadowskil Call  £0.14 £0.52 £6.26
    GADGETBOY1 Fold     
    Flop

meadowskil Bet  £0.39 £0.91 £5.87
    brass Call  £0.39 £1.30 £0.95
    me2uu2me Fold     
    Turn

meadowskil Bet  £1.30 £2.60 £4.57
    brass All-in  £0.95 £3.55 £0.00
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £0.35 £3.20 £4.92
    meadowskil Show

brass Show

River

brass Win Three 3s £2.96
  • edited May 2013
    this one here I looked up and I was 48 percent to win with 3 percent tie. But I shoved and lost :( I thought I shoved on the flop but I only reraised, but I reckon he would have called me any how lol
    falloutboy1971 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.13
    33p Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.06
      Your hole cards

me2uu2me Fold     
    meadowskil Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.67
    weeburns07 Fold     
    seecee Fold     
    falloutboy1971 Raise  £0.12 £0.22 £2.01
    33p Call  £0.10 £0.32 £5.96
    meadowskil Call  £0.10 £0.42 £3.57
    Flop

falloutboy1971 Bet  £0.24 £0.66 £1.77
    33p Fold     
    meadowskil Raise  £1.14 £1.80 £2.43
    falloutboy1971 Call  £0.90 £2.70 £0.87
    Turn

falloutboy1971 All-in  £0.87 £3.57 £0.00
    meadowskil Call  £0.87 £4.44 £1.56
    falloutboy1971 Show
    • K

meadowskil Show

River

falloutboy1971 Win Two Pairs, 7s and 4s £4.10  £4.10
  • edited May 2013

Player
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    k1nnky Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £6.33
    redeyerye Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £10.74
      Your hole cards

stees69 Fold     
    drawshot09 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £8.06
    meadowskil Raise  £0.32 £0.52 £7.48
    emmaloach2 Fold     
    k1nnky Fold     
    redeyerye Call  £0.24 £0.76 £10.50
    drawshot09 Call  £0.24 £1.00 £7.82
    Flop

• J

redeyerye Check     
    drawshot09 Bet  £0.32 £1.32 £7.50
    meadowskil Call  £0.32 £1.64 £7.16
    redeyerye Fold     
    Turn

drawshot09 Check     
    meadowskil Bet  £1.23 £2.87 £5.93
    drawshot09 Call  £1.23 £4.10 £6.27
    River

drawshot09 All-in  £6.27 £10.37 £0.00
    meadowskil Fold     
    drawshot09 Muck     
    drawshot09 Win  £3.79  £3.79
    drawshot09 Return  £6.27 £0.31 £10.06
    Next

this hand I binned and the guy had king queen, good fold but still bloomin annoying.
  • edited May 2013
    this hand I tried to be clever and smooth call his 12 p raise, then it all went pete tong. Such a bad player.(me that is not him)
    ZOLA816 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.18
    meadowskil Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.87
    LoveChops Sit out     
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

alibaba27 Fold     
    MR-CHIPS-D Fold     
    CraigSG1 Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £3.21
    ZOLA816 Fold     
    meadowskil Call  £0.08 £0.26 £3.79
    Flop

meadowskil Bet  £0.16 £0.42 £3.63
    CraigSG1 Raise  £0.45 £0.87 £2.76
    meadowskil Call  £0.29 £1.16 £3.34
    Turn

• J

meadowskil Check     
    CraigSG1 Bet  £0.87 £2.03 £1.89
    meadowskil Call  £0.87 £2.90 £2.47
    River

meadowskil Check     
    CraigSG1 All-in  £1.89 £4.79 £0.00
    meadowskil Call  £1.89 £6.68 £0.58
    meadowskil Show
    • K
    • K

CraigSG1 Show

CraigSG1 Win Two Pairs, 9s and 3s £6.17  £6.17
  • edited May 2013
    ill leave it at that, there was some sob story hand on 5 p 10 p where I had ace 6 and hit 6 set and rivered full house which meant dude split spot with 5 6 and I went all in with ten quid so I actually lost money from rake.
  • edited May 2013
    Going boringly steady then moronically passed my dollars over, here another example of how bad I am. So much was beating me then, I think I had flush spotting dyslexia, I think it got to excited that  actually may have a winning hand
    shorter09 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.14
    meadowskil Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.92
      Your hole cards
    • Q

hahahah219 Fold     
    Aceman23 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.66
    Hobbzee Fold     
    graham1941 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £12.05
    shorter09 Call  £0.02 £0.16 £3.12
    meadowskil Check     
    Flop

• A
    • J
    • K

shorter09 Check     
    meadowskil Bet  £0.16 £0.32 £3.76
    Aceman23 Fold     
    graham1941 Fold     
    shorter09 Call  £0.16 £0.48 £2.96
    Turn

• Q

shorter09 Check     
    meadowskil Bet  £0.48 £0.96 £3.28
    shorter09 Call  £0.48 £1.44 £2.48
    River

• J

shorter09 All-in  £2.48 £3.92 £0.00
    meadowskil Call  £2.48 £6.40 £0.80
    shorter09 Show

meadowskil Show
    • Q

shorter09 Win Flush to the Ace £5.92  £5.92
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah, as you say you can't really call there. Check call, check call, then lead shove looks very strong. Save yourself 60BBs and wait for the next time they want to play T6. To be honest the shove is horrible here, the flush is not at all strong on this board, maybe they're not expecting two high cards as you check out of the BB. There's not much more you could've done after the flop, he's got a gut-shot and a flush draw and isn't going away even against pot sized bets. Once the turn comes you're in trouble as he's got the nuts but can also improve. Surprised the money didn't all go in on the turn. Stay focused and don't be too stubborn in spots like this where you know you were ahead further back. GL.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: the MEADOWS KILLAS only 2 months experince of cash games diary:
    Yeah, as you say you can't really call there. Check call, check call, then lead shove looks very strong. Save yourself 60BBs and wait for the next time they want to play T6. To be honest the shove is horrible here, the flush is not at all strong on this board, maybe they're not expecting two high cards as you check out of the BB. There's not much more you could've done after the flop, he's got a gut-shot and a flush draw and isn't going away even against pot sized bets. Once the turn comes you're in trouble as he's got the nuts but can also improve. Surprised the money didn't all go in on the turn. Stay focused and don't be too stubborn in spots like this where you know you were ahead further back. GL.
    Posted by bbMike
    cheers mate, what you think  my others hands, am I playing them right or wrong?

TBH the flopped straight hand, I should have got away with if I used my 80 iq. , queen came out which weakened my straight to any ten, then only the river there was a flush and two jacks, so full house was on, straight was a split and the flush and dare I say roya flush could all have my hand beat.

As I say im a very fast player and perhaps I need to slow down and I would have pot controlled when the queen came out. I think it was boredom as everytime I play the 5p 10 p and 4 p 8p I end up up and get my money back.

• edited May 2013
    With AQ flush draw don't fall too in love, I'm normally suspicious of a small bet on a paired board, I don't mind the check/raise but I'd make it smaller giving you a chance to pull out later. The pot was 50p I'd go 34 or something rather than 58. I think only a station or a better hand is sticking around, so I give up when you're raised. Think it was Julian who said never chase a flush on a paired board, and more likely you're beat as 2 others saw the flop.

99 you might consider a 3-bet pre OOP then it should all go in on the flop unless you know your oppo isn't sticking it in without a higher pocket pair or set. As played, flop bet is fine and turn doesn't really change anything unless you can specifically put them on the open ended straight that gets there. Either route you get stacked here I think.

7c6c fine pre, your flop raise is big though and is effectively committing you both. It looks like a draw, and the oppo is happy to play the odds. Win some lose some.

88 again fine pre. Oppo's flop bet is way to small and you should be looking to get the chips in here, raise him to like 96p. Looks like a blocker bet that you've accepted. After that the board just gets worse and worse. Turn bet is fine, flop is must fold but try to get monies in before your hand has been destroyed, you're likely way ahead on flop.

Finally, KK as you know you absolutely butchered! Raise raise and raise again. Flatting for deception pre is sometimes ok, but once you've deceived them, and they come out raising the flop let's get it all in!! They can raise here with any straight or flush draw or top pair etc etc etc. 

PS they're are a million other players infinitely better than me analysing play, and they hang out in the clinic so post some hands in there. Good luck.
  • edited May 2013
    AQ hand- b/3b flop, hate the c/r
    99 nh
    76s fold>raise>limp pre at 4nl imo.  As played flat flop bet
    88 nh
    QT I prob try c/r flop, as played fold river
    KK 3b pre unless you have very good reason to flat. C/r or c/c flop. 

• edited May 2013
    cheers guys, really useful. the 7 6 suited hand I limped in which is very rare for me anyway, prob played hand out of boredome which has cost me big time.

And your right about the ace queen flush draw hand, two guys min calling I should really smell a rat as at best im slightly in front and chances are I am way behind. I think if I slowed down I would have spotted that trick
  • edited May 2013
    Before I ramble on id just like to say a few words(ramble some more I suppose). I have noticed a lot of people on here becoming discouraged and giving up etc. Well don't. If I can be in profit in my exactly 2 month anniversary then so should you. My biggest tip is don't worry about the money(within reason). Play with non scared money but an amount you are happy to lose. But analyse your hands on poker hand odds sites.

I look for was I preflp favourite, was my raise sufficient to show I was preflop favourite, was I flop favourite, and was my bet sufficient for this. If you are finding you are losing coin tosses and getting you money in a the right times mathematically then smile that you will make money and become a winning player. I have played everyday for 2 months and have every beat down possible to the point it doesn't even effect me anymore. You could beat me with a baseball bat and I would smile.

But also play the player as well. Get notes on people, ive been guilty of this no doing this and just playing the maths.

Anyway im on a 4 quid upswing. Nthing revolutionary, gave myself a b for the last two days as im working on not getting involved with so many ok,marginal hands with big pots involved. Heres a nice hand.
    TINTIN Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.77
    hamster777 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.08
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

togboo Call  £0.04 £0.10 £5.62
    meadowskil Raise  £0.32 £0.42 £3.63
    Big_Baz49 Fold     
    TOD19 Fold     
    TINTIN Fold     
    hamster777 Fold     
    togboo Call  £0.28 £0.70 £5.34
    Flop

• Q

togboo Bet  £0.70 £1.40 £4.64
    meadowskil All-in  £3.63 £5.03 £0.00
    togboo All-in  £4.64 £9.67 £0.00
    togboo Unmatched bet  £1.71 £7.96 £1.71
    togboo Show
    • J
    • A

meadowskil Show
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

River

meadowskil Win Three Queens £7.36  £7.36
  • edited May 2013
    Much better, made another 8 quid. Give myself a B+ just on the fact I folded a lot of top pari with weak kickers and avoided marginal hands with good players(club hammer). It helped I ran well, but I felt I pretty much maxed out my profits.

Another tip I give to new players is fold fold fold. Folding makes you money. We can all flop full houses nut flushes etc. But its when we are beat can you fold then. It took me a while to grasp this concept. Well I understood the concept, but didn't apply it as I wanted to see if I was right. Often I was right that I was beat, but would cost me  loads of money to find out. bbmike IS right, get you money in when you winning, there are only few occasions when you can slow play.

Anyway here are some nice hands that went well for me.
    meadowskil Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.03
    herzi Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.96
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

mozak48 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.53
    shunto69 Fold     
    clubhammer Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.59
    spudd1999 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £2.15
    meadowskil Raise  £0.48 £0.66 £3.55
    herzi Fold     
    mozak48 Fold     
    clubhammer Fold     
    spudd1999 Call  £0.46 £1.12 £1.69
    Flop

• Q
    • Q

meadowskil Check     
    spudd1999 Check     
    Turn

• Q

meadowskil All-in  £3.55 £4.67 £0.00
    spudd1999 All-in  £1.69 £6.36 £0.00
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £1.86 £4.50 £1.86
    meadowskil Show
    • K
    • K

spudd1999 Show
    • J
    • K

River

meadowskil Win Full House, Queens and Kings £4.16  £6.02
    Next
    bigarfa Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.71
    clubhammer Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.98
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

Izanami Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £1.79
    kean09 Call  £0.08 £0.22 £2.26
    meadowskil Raise  £0.40 £0.62 £6.75
    bigarfa Fold     
    clubhammer Fold     
    Izanami Call  £0.32 £0.94 £1.47
    kean09 Call  £0.32 £1.26 £1.94
    Flop

Izanami Check     
    kean09 Bet  £0.92 £2.18 £1.02
    meadowskil All-in  £6.75 £8.93 £0.00
    Izanami Fold     
    kean09 All-in  £1.02 £9.95 £0.00
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £4.81 £5.14 £4.81
    kean09 Show
    • Q
    • J

meadowskil Show
    • K
    • K

Turn

• J

River

meadowskil Win Pair of Kings £4.75  £9.56
    Next
    kean09 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.29
    meadowskil Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.84
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

bigarfa Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.23
    Izanami Raise  £0.16 £0.26 £6.20
    kean09 Fold     
    meadowskil Raise  £0.60 £0.86 £3.24
    bigarfa Fold     
    Izanami Call  £0.48 £1.34 £5.72
    Flop

meadowskil All-in  £3.24 £4.58 £0.00
    Izanami Call  £3.24 £7.82 £2.48
    meadowskil Show
    • Q
    • Q

Izanami Show

Turn

River

meadowskil Win Pair of Queens £7.23  £7.23
    meadowskil Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.03
    herzi Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.96
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

mozak48 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.53
    shunto69 Fold     
    clubhammer Call  £0.04 £0.14 £4.59
    spudd1999 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £2.15
    meadowskil Raise  £0.48 £0.66 £3.55
    herzi Fold     
    mozak48 Fold     
    clubhammer Fold     
    spudd1999 Call  £0.46 £1.12 £1.69
    Flop

• Q
    • Q

meadowskil Check     
    spudd1999 Check     
    Turn

• Q

meadowskil All-in  £3.55 £4.67 £0.00
    spudd1999 All-in  £1.69 £6.36 £0.00
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £1.86 £4.50 £1.86
    meadowskil Show
    • K
    • K

spudd1999 Show
    • J
    • K

River

meadowskil Win Full House, Queens and Kings £4.16  £6.02
  • edited May 2013
    Made a tenner 12 quid in a day. Played a bit this evening on 3 tables again. Was playing pretty rubbish and these hands turned it around. Im now back on 31.33. Got my 4.40 bonus coming  ifeeling good. I know what I need to work on and that's silly marginal hands. Get out asap.....
    meadowskil Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.46
    splatts Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.12
      Your hole cards
    • A

reap_sow Fold     
    kano47 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £3.06
    gmanone Call  £0.04 £0.14 £3.94
    nath10 Fold     
    meadowskil Call  £0.02 £0.16 £3.44
    splatts Raise  £0.08 £0.24 £3.04
    kano47 Call  £0.08 £0.32 £2.98
    gmanone Call  £0.08 £0.40 £3.86
    meadowskil Call  £0.08 £0.48 £3.36
    Flop

meadowskil All-in  £3.36 £3.84 £0.00
    splatts All-in  £3.04 £6.88 £0.00
    kano47 Fold     
    gmanone Fold     
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £0.32 £6.56 £0.32
    meadowskil Show
    • A

splatts Show

Turn

• Q

River

meadowskil Win Pair of 10s £6.06  £6.38
    Next
    w8nker Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.08
    meadowskil Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.42
      Your hole cards

TOD19 Fold     
    MARYBOBBIN Fold     
    hunter685 Fold     
    walesboy Fold     
    w8nker Raise  £0.18 £0.24 £0.90
    meadowskil All-in  £3.42 £3.66 £0.00
    w8nker All-in  £0.90 £4.56 £0.00
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £2.36 £2.20 £2.36
    w8nker Show

meadowskil Show

Flop

Turn

River

meadowskil Win Three 9s £2.03  £4.39
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: the MEADOWS KILLAS only 2 months experince of cash games diary:
    I look for was I preflp favourite, was my raise sufficient to show I was preflop favourite, was I flop favourite, and was my bet sufficient for this.
    Posted by meadowskil
    Great to hear the positivity. Just wanted to question the above. I don't know if 4NL plays any differently but ideally you want to standardise your raise sizes to situations such that you do the same things across your range. If someone is taking notes and see that you're 3x-ing with QJ and 5x-ing with KK they'll find it much easier to play you. Just wondered if that's what you meant. GL.
  • edited May 2013
    Your going very well at the mo Meadows mate and you have a very good attitude, keep up the good work.

Look forward to reading your progress day to day.

Good luck.

Daz.
  • edited May 2013
    I am up around 20 p. Now before anyone laughs at my monster profits, I actually played really well tonight, prob give myself a A- for my troubles. My night started off really badly with this all in preflop. I actually had him going all in on wide ranges, and had him on a ace king off type of hand. Interestingly enough I looked up this hand and I was only 70 percent fav. No wonder I lost. But i typed in Nice hand into the chat box and moved on and reloaded.
    TrimTrab Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.39
    Stephjoe Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.65
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

meadowskil Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £3.78
    alanp66 Fold     
    yohan2 All-in  £2.92 £3.14 £0.00
    mazzi Fold     
    TrimTrab Fold     
    Stephjoe Fold     
    meadowskil Call  £2.76 £5.90 £1.02
    meadowskil Show
    • Q
    • Q

yohan2 Show
    • A

Flop

• A
    • K

Turn

River

yohan2 Win Pair of Aces £5.45  £5.45

I regrouped slightly with this little bluff catching minks.
    meadowskil Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.08
    TrimTrab Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.10
      Your hole cards

kimble76 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £5.15
    Cakey1094 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £2.90
    LADYGUNS Fold     
    Hawks62 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £9.48
    meadowskil Call  £0.02 £0.20 £4.06
    TrimTrab Check     
    Flop

• A
    • K

meadowskil Check     
    TrimTrab Check     
    kimble76 Check     
    Cakey1094 Check     
    Hawks62 Bet  £0.08 £0.28 £9.40
    meadowskil Call  £0.08 £0.36 £3.98
    TrimTrab Fold     
    kimble76 Fold     
    Cakey1094 Call  £0.08 £0.44 £2.82
    Turn

meadowskil Check     
    Cakey1094 Bet  £0.24 £0.68 £2.58
    Hawks62 Fold     
    meadowskil Call  £0.24 £0.92 £3.74
    River

meadowskil Check     
    Cakey1094 All-in  £2.58 £3.50 £0.00
    meadowskil Call  £2.58 £6.08 £1.16
    meadowskil Show

Cakey1094 Show
    • Q

meadowskil Win Flush to the Ace £5.62  £6.78
    Had some food an a hour break hit the tables and just played really nice with this being my fav.
    DogWalker1 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.74
    win4finley Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.33
      Your hole cards

oxymoron00 Fold     
    emad1960 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.54
    meadowskil Call  £0.04 £0.14 £3.86
    bigianr Call  £0.04 £0.18 £2.70
    DogWalker1 Fold     
    win4finley Check     
    Flop

win4finley Check     
    emad1960 Check     
    meadowskil Check     
    bigianr Check     
    Turn

win4finley Check     
    emad1960 Check     
    meadowskil Bet  £0.14 £0.32 £3.72
    bigianr Raise  £0.28 £0.60 £2.42
    win4finley Fold     
    emad1960 Fold     
    meadowskil Call  £0.14 £0.74 £3.58
    River

• K

meadowskil All-in  £3.58 £4.32 £0.00
    bigianr All-in  £2.42 £6.74 £0.00
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £1.16 £5.58 £1.16
    meadowskil Show

bigianr Show
    • A

meadowskil Win Flush to the King £5.16  £6.32
    Next

So i was very patient by my standards, never titled or flustered and although only 20p profit it felt like i was up a tenner.
  • edited May 2013
    sigh. Two steps foreward, one step back. Number of issues. I played when quite tired, which is a big no no. it was kind of like I was playing for the sake of playing then. Which is why I ran bad but with some poor decisions. I think I might drop down to two tables tactically. I don't struggle with the pace of 3, I just keep concentration better with two at the moment. Seem to notice betting patterns better, and if I am tired then two tables will be my critieria and if im feeling refreshed ill move back up to 3.

THis hand was shocking, from me. I was up 1.30 at this point doing well, then donked my chips. It wasn't unlucky that I lost to a better set, it was a fact a multi pot, someone had already bet the pot, I was going all in behind 3/4 players with one betting the pot. AND WITH A STRAIGHT DRAW! All I was beating with a weak set of a two pair. Deserved this loss, and was definitely tired play. Alan Cunningham would have told me off.
    shanonnum1 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £0.98
    RYANA Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.86
      Your hole cards

meadowskil Call  £0.04 £0.10 £5.19
    emad1960 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £3.12
    TheWicked1 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £1.10
    LEEJY Fold     
    shanonnum1 Raise  £0.06 £0.24 £0.92
    RYANA Call  £0.04 £0.28 £4.82
    meadowskil Call  £0.04 £0.32 £5.15
    emad1960 Call  £0.04 £0.36 £3.08
    TheWicked1 Call  £0.04 £0.40 £1.06
    Flop

• A

shanonnum1 Check     
    RYANA Bet  £0.20 £0.60 £4.62
    meadowskil All-in  £5.15 £5.75 £0.00
    emad1960 All-in  £3.08 £8.83 £0.00
    TheWicked1 Fold     
    shanonnum1 Fold     
    RYANA Fold     
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £2.07 £6.76 £2.07
    meadowskil Show

emad1960 Show

Turn

River

emad1960 Win Three 4s £6.25  £6.25

Anyway had some tea, slightly refreshed. Was a folding station, picked up with hand, and well..did I play this wrong?? I though I did ok and got smashed...sigh
    HMFC4EVER Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.54
    meadowskil Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.96
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

SALSACITY Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £3.19
    BigRedFrd Fold     
    bigrossman Call  £0.08 £0.22 £1.98
    anth197919 Call  £0.08 £0.30 £2.60
    HMFC4EVER Call  £0.06 £0.36 £3.48
    meadowskil Raise  £0.32 £0.68 £3.64
    SALSACITY Fold     
    bigrossman Call  £0.28 £0.96 £1.70
    anth197919 Call  £0.28 £1.24 £2.32
    HMFC4EVER Call  £0.28 £1.52 £3.20
    Flop

• K

HMFC4EVER Check     
    meadowskil All-in  £3.64 £5.16 £0.00
    bigrossman All-in  £1.70 £6.86 £0.00
    anth197919 All-in  £2.32 £9.18 £0.00
    HMFC4EVER Fold     
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £1.32 £7.86 £1.32
    meadowskil Show
    • A
    • K

bigrossman Show
    • J

anth197919 Show
    • J

Turn

River

• Q

bigrossman Win Straight to the King £3.07  £3.07
    anth197919 Win Straight to the King £4.20  £4.20
    O h and this one made me not tilt but annoyed me more than the ACE KING suited hand tbh. Did I play this wrong??
    sidzei Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.97
    lonesome Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.90
      Your hole cards

GADGETBOY1 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £2.25
    FlashHarry Fold     
    meadowskil Raise  £0.28 £0.50 £4.16
    sidzei Fold     
    lonesome Fold     
    GADGETBOY1 Call  £0.12 £0.62 £2.13
    Flop

GADGETBOY1 Check     
    meadowskil Bet  £0.31 £0.93 £3.85
    GADGETBOY1 Call  £0.31 £1.24 £1.82
    Turn

GADGETBOY1 Check     
    meadowskil Bet  £0.93 £2.17 £2.92
    GADGETBOY1 Call  £0.93 £3.10 £0.89
    River

• A

GADGETBOY1 Check     
    meadowskil Check     
    GADGETBOY1 Show
    • A
    • J

meadowskil Muck

GADGETBOY1 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 2s £2.86  £3.75

This one im going to have to look over. I raised it up in postion with king queen. played the outs and tried for a fold hit the nut flush, but didn't...im def have to replay this only the poker hand odds site to see whether I was a complete donk. Give us your thoughts folks.
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    SALSACITY Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.03
    Quadriga Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.26
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q

MrT2 Fold     
    rossco460 Fold     
    meadowskil Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £7.27
    SALSACITY Call  £0.14 £0.36 £2.89
    Quadriga Call  £0.12 £0.48 £2.14
    Flop

• A
    • J

SALSACITY Check     
    Quadriga Check     
    meadowskil Check     
    Turn

SALSACITY Check     
    Quadriga Bet  £0.48 £0.96 £1.66
    meadowskil All-in  £7.27 £8.23 £0.00
    SALSACITY Fold     
    Quadriga All-in  £1.66 £9.89 £0.00
    meadowskil Unmatched bet  £5.13 £4.76 £5.13
    Quadriga Show

meadowskil Show
    • K
    • Q

River

Quadriga Win Straight Flush to the 5 £4.40  £4.40

• edited May 2013
    I see you use the overbet shove quite a bit, and it gets called with utter muck (see 2x gutshots above!). Just keep doing that! Whether the shove was correct on the A34 board with 33 will depend whether you'll get called by more hands that you're beating than ones that you're behind to, and on the evidence (player dependent) I think it's ok. Do it again ten times and AK AQ A3 A4 56 57 etc etc etc will make you cash.

Last hand, you are the pre-flop aggressor, you're in position, and you've got an A-high board. In normal play I'd be barrelling but if people don't fold as often then check might be ok - not sure. If you think you have fold equity on the turn then the shove is ok.