You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OyNutter going to OyDublin?

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

I have no idea how much the travel & hotel will costm but we must have enough for that already.

Get yer bags packed Oy of the Nutter. Bring your better half if you wish, too.

Comments

• edited May 2013

In another thread, the idea arose to see if we could help arrange for OyNutter to attend SPT Dublin. (He lives in or near Cork). Not necessarily to play the actual SPT Main Event, more likely just to come along, maybe play a sidey, & just meet & chill with the Community regulars. I honestly think that would suffice, & he'd be thrilled to bits just to be there.

If anyone is not familiar with the backstory - the cliffs - I'm sure we can soon fill in the details.

Several people have already pledged £10 or £20. There is no moral pressure on anyone to donate, do it if you want to, don't if you don't.

Greg Hogg is organising the collection.

I think most people might prefer to just chip in a bit & give it direct to Hoggers in Dublin, that works best for me, as it happens.

One Gent asked if Sky Poker could deduct the pledges from their Sky Poker Accounts. That would not be possible I'm afraid, there are so many Compliance & regulatory barriers to that.

Anyway, lets see how it pans out. I believe around £70 or so has been pledged so far, which must be nearly enough to get our man up to Dublin. I cannot imagine he'd need any beer money, the regulars will take care of him, I'm pretty sure.  

• edited May 2013

Pledges of between £10 & £20 have so far been made by.....

CTBN

Hoggers

TRIP5

MAXALLY

Joesman1

Typhoon

Wacko90

Thewy

DontTellMum

GELDY

Aussie09

POKERTREV

Evilpingu

KarlLuke

Gertrude the Jolly Green Giant

3 x Anon

Solar Carro & Yorkie

The Brommers Father & Daughter

Slyklist

NoseyBonk
  • edited May 2013
    let's get oh utter to Dublin ,to PLAY THE MAIN EVENT folks.
    To make it easier for you read the full story on a previous thread called [Tikay for the team] in the poker chat , I don't need to explain anything the full story is told on there.
    Greghogg is the money man, a big lump at times but a nice guy too,
    SO pledge a little, and let's give this man a weekend to remember.
    Thanks Colin
  • edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: OyNutter going to OyDublin?:
    in for £20
    Posted by GELDY
    Lovely.

OP Updated.
  • edited May 2013

i will buy action, if that's the phrase.  sell me 0.1% of oynutter's entrance fee (22p?) and i will buy it for £10.  then when he knocks me out and progresses to win £10,000 I will get my £10 back.  simple good business sense.  greg, see you in dublin with my smart money.

• edited May 2013
    I have a real soft spot for our little forum nutta!!!

Some forum folk may remember our little Nutter having to go through some harsh times, medical issues, poor health and all that in recent years, so it's nice to see him back on his feet again even if he is floppin mental innit!!.

So I will pledge £50 Flip Floppin Swaahooters!!! just to shut him up lol :)

PM me the details for payment Hoggers and it will be with you faster than nutter can say Flopwit Flippin Mental!!!!
  • edited May 2013

Thanks to everyone who has made pledges and for tikay for setting up this separate thread. I am in the process of contacting you all with payment info.

Further to the list above, Thewy has pledged £20 (settle in Dublin is fine Julian)

I have also received a couple of PM's from community members who will be making contributions anonymously. You know who you are, thank you!

Also had £10 pledge from Evilpingu, thanks Andy!

If anyone else wishes to contribute, please post here, PM me, or contact me on FB as soon as possible.

Once I have received everyone's pledges I will make the total known so that Mr nutter can plan his trip!

Cheers

• edited May 2013
    i will buy action, if that's the phrase.  sell me 0.1% of oynutter's entrance fee (22p?) and i will buy it for £10.  then when he knocks me out and progresses to win £10,000 I will get my £10 back.  simple good business sense.  greg, see you in dublin with my smart money.
    Posted by aussie09

yes greg.  £10 from me.

• edited May 2013

List of pledges (2nd Post) UPDATED.
  • edited May 2013
    List of pledges (2nd Post) UPDATED.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Please add Karlluke

Also had 3x Anon. Pledges from respected community members
  • edited May 2013
    I'm in for £15. Just to be awkward.
  • edited May 2013

List of pledges updated.
  • edited May 2013

One more Anon. pledge received- £10

• edited May 2013
    £10 from Yorkie and I

Pay you in Dublin

Dave
  • edited May 2013
    Bromleys in for £20 Greggers.  Can either pay you in Dublin or transfer funds. Just let us know

Mr and Mrs Brommers
  • edited May 2013
    Hi Hoggers
    Payment shipped - PM Sent

Good Luck - Nutter TID
  • edited May 2013

List of pledges updated.

Over 20 individuals have now offered to contribute sums varying between £10 & £50.
  • edited May 2013

£10 from me too, have a great time Nutter.

Let me know how you want it transferring.

• edited May 2013
    I have no idea how much the travel & hotel will costm but we must have enough for that already. Get yer bags packed Oy of the Nutter. Bring your better half if you wish, too.  
    Posted by Tikay10
     Hi Tikay, and everybody!!--- A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!-- I'm flabberghasted by you lot !---- My brain has gone flopwit flapheaded trying to think of how to thank you all------- But I will think of a way!---

Just trying to sort something out atm-- back later--- thanks millions everyone!

Got one bit of good news for all the "lads"----- I told me Julee, and she said she has absolutely nothing to wear!!--- Thats good innit !!!
  • edited May 2013
    Everyone has been flopwit marvelous innit Oy! 

Demonstrated by the fact that i have already received funds totalling £150 from 8 individuals, with plenty more pledges to come either electronically to me or in Dubln. Thanks for being so prompt. 

Once I have received all electronic pledges I will post a full list of who contributed what and who will chip in in Dublin. So we will have a very grand total, by let's say Tuesday morning. Don't worry, if you have told me that you wish to remain anonymous, you will do. 

I can then arrange how we get the money to Mr Nutterments I guess... although I will avoid sending it to his Julee in case it goes on a new dress and shoes- :):) hehe

• edited May 2013
    Everyone has been flopwit marvelous innit Oy!  Demonstrated by the fact that i have already received funds totalling £150 from 8 individuals, with plenty more pledges to come either electronically to me or in Dubln. Thanks for being so prompt.  Once I have received all electronic pledges I will post a full list of who contributed what and who will chip in in Dublin. So we will have a very grand total, by let's say Tuesday morning. Don't worry, if you have told me that you wish to remain anonymous, you will do.  I can then arrange how we get the money to Mr Nutterments I guess... although I will avoid sending it to his Julee in case it goes on a new dress and shoes- :):) hehe
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    MAYBE BETTER WITHOUT THE DRESS ,,,,LOL
  • edited May 2013
     Everyones been totally brilliant Greg! ---- I'm very emotional about it all, and will write a proper response to you all soon, am just blown away atm, and can't even think straight.
     I got an idea that I might be able to hold a freeroll for you all when I get back on my feet financially------ I just got 100 quid !!(hopefully-transaction pending) --- And will be playing like a NUTTER for the next week! --- So if anyone can think of a way to challenge Orford to a cash game he can't refuse?--lol--- Am mad busy atm, my landlord is coming to inspect the house tomorrow, and I've been a bachelour for a week!--HELP!--- back soon---
  • edited May 2013
     Hi Colin, thanks for pm,-- I can't work pms atm, have to figure out some updates or something, my pc did'nt work for ages--- anyway, will try a new browser soon and reply to you---- Thanks friend!
  • edited May 2013
    money transfers received so far 

CTBN           £20

Macmonster £25

Pokertrev     £50

Typhoon      £10

Anon.          £10

Maxally        £10

Karlluke       £10

KKrippler      £20

Evilpingu      £10

Wacko90     £20

Giant811     £15

TOTAL £200

• edited May 2013
    Really good to see a gold ol' whip round for one of the delights f the forum in my opinion. 

Sorry i cant chip in at the moment.

Really hope you have a brilliant weekend. Make sure those flopwit flapheads look after you :) 
  • edited May 2013

"Pledges" Post updated.

Stick me down for a score please Greg, will cough up in Dublin.
  • edited May 2013
    "Pledges" Post updated. Stick me down for a score please Greg, will cough up in Dublin.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Get a credit report done on this one Greg
  • edited May 2013

Pack it in, weathered one.
  • edited May 2013
    Flop me the details via PM, Greg, and I'll flap £20 across for the flopwit and his Juleee.
    Have a splendid trip Ye Nutter