You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OyNutter going to OyDublin?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Hi Everyone-- Yippee!!--- Cannot believe it!-- See you all in Dublin!--- best community on the planet!!--- brilliant stuff!----

I just hope I'm worth meeting-lol- Glad I got me Julee ! --- I've finally stopped thinking of chickening out, that's why I told me Julee ---

I'm not on medication for depression, because I refused it, but I have been quite low lately. The Doctor said that a large proportion of heart surgery patients go through it, and she did try to persuade me that medication would help, but I thought I'd just see what I'm like when winter is over.

The community spirit here has lifted me tremendously, and I think going to Dublin to meet you all will do me the world of good---- I feel kind of guilty and ungrateful about being depressed, because I should be on top of the world after being saved like that ( I had the best surgeon in the country on my case )---- But today I do feel happy!-- And I do feel that this could be the booster I need to bring me back to my old self----- So you lot can hold yourselves responsible for the restoration of a Nutter--lol---- Thanks again everyone of you !!
  • edited May 2013

Oy Mr Oy.

I don't know exactly how you plan to play the Main Event on the Dublin weekend, or whether you plan to come up on Friday, or Saturday, but.....

On Friday evening, at the venue, there is a Super Sat for the Main Event, £25 (or €25, more likely), with, I think, 1 in 10 getting a seat into the Main Event.

Not sure if you plan to just chill & rail with the regulars all weekend, or play the main, but if the latter, then that Friday night Super-Sat may be worth considering.

• edited May 2013

Also to Mr Oy,

Not sure if you have seen it, but if not, go visit the Community Board "Sky Poker Tour", as there are several "Player Briefings" & General Info Posts there by SPT Rich.

It is
    HERE
  • edited May 2013

Pledges Post updated.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to OyNutter going to OyDublin?:
    Inhow can I donate £20? another thread, the idea arose to see if we could help arrange for OyNutter to attend SPT Dublin. (He lives in or near Cork). Not necessarily to play the actual SPT Main Event, more likely just to come along, maybe play a sidey, & just meet & chill with the Community regulars. I honestly think that would suffice, & he'd be thrilled to bits just to be there.   If anyone is not familiar with the backstory - the cliffs - I'm sure we can soon fill in the details.   Several people have already pledged £10 or £20. There is no moral pressure on anyone to donate, do it if you want to, don't if you don't.   Greg Hogg is organising the collection. I think most people might prefer to just chip in a bit & give it direct to Hoggers in Dublin, that works best for me, as it happens. One Gent asked if Sky Poker could deduct the pledges from their Sky Poker Accounts. That would not be possible I'm afraid, there are so many Compliance & regulatory barriers to that.   Anyway, lets see how it pans out. I believe around £70 or so has been pledged so far, which must be nearly enough to get our man up to Dublin. I cannot imagine he'd need any beer money, the regulars will take care of him, I'm pretty sure.     
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited May 2013

How can I get a donation to where its wanted?

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: OyNutter going to OyDublin?:
    How can I get a donation to where its wanted?
    Posted by andrew1947
    Send a PM to Greg Hogg, OR, if you are coming to Dublin, sort it out with Hoggers there.
  • edited May 2013
    JUST READ GREGHOGGS THEAD SO I WILL SEND HIM MONEY WHEN I KNOW HOW
  • edited May 2013
    Oy Mr Oy. I don't know exactly how you plan to play the Main Event on the Dublin weekend, or whether you plan to come up on Friday, or Saturday, but..... On Friday evening, at the venue, there is a Super Sat for the Main Event, £25 (or €25, more likely), with, I think, 1 in 10 getting a seat into the Main Event. Not sure if you plan to just chill & rail with the regulars all weekend, or play the main, but if the latter, then that Friday night Super-Sat may be worth considering.
    Posted by Tikay10
     Hi Tikay,--- Not sure if I could make it up on friday ---- my plan --- such that it is, --- I am going to play as much as I can and maybe enter direct with my bankroll---- it's only 104 quid atm, but I hope to go mad and spin it up---- I got 100 quid on a bingo site too, so if I can manage to get that in my bank account, then I'm nearly there--- I'm having a bit of trouble with them atm, but hopefully it will be sorted----- I'm trying not to get too excited yet, untill I have enough for the main event--- The super sat sounds good, but it would mean another night staying somewhere in Dublin, and could work out as expensive as buying in direct--- Anyway--whatever happens--- I'll have a great weekend, thanks to you. and Colin, and greghoggers--- and everybody----- Cheers all-- I'm gonna get there anyway!
  • edited May 2013

Great Idea Oynutter is a top bloke Put me down for £20 will sort the details out with Greg, Have a Great Weekend m8 you deserve it.
  • edited May 2013
    The generosity of everyone who has donated just goes to show what a great community there is on sky.

I am not in a position to chip in I'm afraid but I hope you have a top weekend!
  • edited May 2013
     Fantastic bunch!--- Blown me away they have! --- Can't wait to meet everyone--- I'm beside myself here-- that reminds me--- must have a bath---lol

Quick message for the great Greghoggers---- Bit risky trying to do stuff online mate --- better see you there-- cheers Greg!

ps-- sorry -- can't reply to pms atm
  • edited May 2013
     Fantastic bunch!--- Blown me away they have! --- Can't wait to meet everyone--- I'm beside myself here-- that reminds me--- must have a bath---lol  Quick message for the great Greghoggers---- Bit risky trying to do stuff online mate --- better see you there-- cheers Greg! ps-- sorry -- can't reply to pms atm
    Posted by oynutter
    Ok no worries- I will be arriving in Dublin on Thursday, let me know if you change your mind and come on Friday, If not I will see you on the Saturday! Come find me, you wont miss me, I'll be talking to a 6 foot 10 German Giant called Gertrude! :)

Rather silly question Mr Nutter, but would u prefer me to change it to Euros first at a good rate, or just give you English Pounds? I would assume Euros... but thought i'd better check! 

Suggest I close the collection at midday tomorrow to make it manageable- We have raised a decent amount already £240 received with at least another £100 due from other pledges! I will post the total tomorrow evening/wed morning. Flopwit marvelous stuff innit!
  • edited May 2013
    Good Morning 

Thanks to everyone who has contributed- here are the final scores on the board

CTBN           £20

Macmonster £25

Pokertrev     £50

Typhoon      £10

Anon.          £10

Maxally        £10

Karlluke       £10

KKrippler      £20

Evilpingu      £10

Wacko90     £20

Giant811     £15

Noseybonk  £20

Bromleys    £20

DTWBANDIT £20

Slyklist        £10

JohnConnor  £20

Andrew1947  £20

GELDY         £21.17 (there is always one! :))

DTM           £10

TOTAL £341.17

Plus.. to come in Ireland-

Thewy-    £20

Aussie09-  £10

Anon.      £20

Solar and Yorkie  £10

Trip5     £10

tikay     £20

Irishrose £20

Total   £110 

FLOPWIT MARVELOUS GRAND TOTAL OF £451.17 - ABOUT 515 euros at the rate of exchange I got (1.14) 

If I have missed anyone or got anything wrong, please give me a shout! 

• edited May 2013
    FAO MR NUTTER-

I plan to change this money into flopwit Euro thingys.... So will be about 450 of those which I will give you on the Saturday- I will aim to get to the cardroom at about midday- If you require the money earlier let me know and we can arrange to meet. 

I hope you have a fabulous weekend, you deserve it! 

• edited May 2013
    Well done on organising this Greg and great effort from the community to raise this much.  I hope you have a flopping great time Mr Nutter.

Any idea if the Nutter is going to buy in to the Main Event with the money?  Hope he does.
  • edited May 2013

That is incredible.

• edited May 2013
    Nice One - Good Luck Nutter.

Have a great Time.
  • edited May 2013
    my contribution should have arrived by now Greg
    local carrier pigeons are a bit slow
    looking forward to seeing the postcard from Dublin
    would be good to see what the Oyman looks like
    never having met the fine gentleman
  • edited May 2013
    my contribution should have arrived by now Greg local carrier pigeons are a bit slow looking forward to seeing the postcard from Dublin would be good to see what the Oyman looks like never having met the fine gentleman
    Posted by GELDY
    received ty mate new total is now £421.17- GELDY insisted on donating in decimals to the equivalent of 25 Euros!

• edited May 2013
    Have a great weekend Nutter,,,gl m8
  • edited May 2013
     Hi everybody---- YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!!------ You is a brilliant bunch!!--- I and me Julee is coming to Dublin!!!

We can't wait to meet you all -- The effort you have all made has been amazing, and all for an old Nutter you hav'nt even met--- you're all flappin MAD, I tell you!!---LOL

What can I say?---- Just a BIG BIG thanks to everyone!

I have copied and pasted Gregs list

I am hoping to be able to register for the MAIN EVENT on Friday, It will be brilliant if I can manage it, and I would have had no chance at all without you lot coming together and supporting us like this.

Me Julee ( Julette )--- ( french for "little Julie" )---- is so excited, she has finally thrown away one of her crutches and is determined to get walking for the weekend.

I've never even played a proper live game, so I won't have a clue, but I hope to pick it up quick enough, and will be giving out false tells in no time-lol

Cheers lads and ladies, I've had a great week already, and not even there yet----- so THANKS again everyone-- You are a terrific bunch altogether!!
  • edited May 2013
    £10 shipped.

Enjoy your weekend Oy and Gregg.  You 2 heads up would be some serious run good :-)
  • edited May 2013
    Why/what is this in aid of?
  • edited May 2013
    Totals updated... 

• edited May 2013
    Why/what is this in aid of?
    Posted by sam64
     Well, I'll try and explain----- There was this nutter bloke, he was always on the forum, being a nutter--- Then one day he had to go into hospital for a heart valve replacement ------ A lot of our Sky community was wishing him well and cheering him up on the forum, one of them (a fellow nutter) even came to see him! ----- Thus (with the help of his Julee ) he became famous ---- But he also became poor, stupid, ill and depressed---- Then one other day-- A kind old gentleman called Tikay, asked him how he was doing, and he said he was poor, stupid, ill and depressed--- Then Tikay asked him if he was going to go to Dublin for the SPT--- The nutter told him he was too poor to go, but would try and make it if he got lucky at poker-------- Another kind old gentleman, with a wrinkly face, that allegedly looks like he sucked a lemon, saw that the nutter had a very small chance of getting that lucky at poker, and decided to try to get the nutter up to Dublin------ He initiated a whip round for the nutter to go to Dublin--- and the rest is the beginning---------
  • edited May 2013
    FAO MR NUTTER- I plan to change this money into flopwit Euro thingys.... So will be about 450 of those which I will give you on the Saturday- I will aim to get to the cardroom at about midday- If you require the money earlier let me know and we can arrange to meet.  I hope you have a fabulous weekend, you deserve it! 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
     Brilliant--Thanks a million Greg--- Be great to meet you there, if all goes to plan, I'll be there midday sat too!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: OyNutter going to OyDublin? :  Well, I'll try and explain----- There was this nutter bloke, he was always on the forum, being a nutter--- Then one day he had to go into hospital for a heart valve replacement ------ A lot of our Sky community was wishing him well and cheering him up on the forum, one of them (a fellow nutter) even came to see him! ----- Thus (with the help of his Julee ) he became famous ---- But he also became poor, stupid, ill and depessed---- Then one other day-- A kind old gentleman called Tikay, asked him how he was doing, and he said he was poor, stupid, ill and depressed--- Then Tikay asked him if he was going to go to Dublin for the SPT--- The nutter told him he was too poor to go, but would try and make it if he got lucky at poker-------- Another kind old gentleman, with a wrinkly face, that allegedly looks like he sucked a lemon, saw that the nutter had a very small chance of getting that lucky at poker, and decided to try to get the nutter up to Dublin------ He initiated a whip round for the nutter to go to Dublin--- and the rest is the beginning---------
    Posted by oynutter
    And this is why you are going! Great post mate, back on form! looking forward to meeting you and Julee too! :)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: OyNutter going to OyDublin? :  Brilliant--Thanks a million Greg--- Be great to meet you there, if all goes to plan, I'll be there midday sat too!
    Posted by oynutter
    Having endured the experience a few times, you may be building this up into something that can only end in disappointment ;)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: OyNutter going to OyDublin? : Having endured the experience a few times, you may be building this up into something that can only end in disappointment ;)
    Posted by Slykllist
    Meh! I am all personality and charisma innit :))))