You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hi-Lo Low cost fun tonight.......

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo Low cost fun tonight.......:
    Ohhhhh and Borin was limpin in lol
    Posted by LARSON7
    Taddle-tale.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo Low cost fun tonight....... : Taddle-tale.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Loooooooooooool
  • edited May 2013
    Oh and i finished 6th, higher than Tikay !

PS
    Tommy told me to say that :-)
  • edited May 2013
    AFAIK, limping is seen as much more 'acceptable' in PLO and PLO8.

Be interested to hear the thoughts of Tikay or TommyD as to whether you're happy to (and which situations) you would open limp in PLO/PLO8, choosing to play more poker postflop. Is it something that comes into play more when stacks are shallower?
  • edited May 2013
    im not to keen on plo8 as i dont like the thought of having the best hand yet still split the pot much prefer omaha 
  • edited May 2013
    Worst starting hand in omaha? lol
    ICEMAN Small blind  100.00 100.00 3512.50
    LARSON7 Big blind  200.00 300.00 5382.50
      Your hole cards

Smithy29 Call  
  • edited May 2013
    Good stuff Tikay. Pity the cheap mtt's didn't work out for this evening but never mind. Hopefully see you on a table this afternoon.
    Posted by Darntootin

There are now £1.10 High-Low MTTs at 7:15, 8:15 and 9:15 in the lobby
  • edited May 2013
    im not to keen on plo8 as i dont like the thought of having the best hand yet still split the pot much prefer omaha 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Isnt this just a mental workaround you need to do? that best hand isn't the best hand if there are 3 lows on the board, that makes it better when you hit the NUTNUT next hand ;)

Sigh so ive missed most of the fun having to work today :( BUT there is a 19:15 PLO8 £1.10 tournament so get in ppl (same @ 20:15 and 21:15)
  • edited May 2013
    Am in the 19.15 for some value.  Remind me, PLO8 plays like happy families doesn't it?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo Low cost fun tonight....... : There are now £1.10 High-Low MTTs at 7:15, 8:15 and 9:15 in the lobby
    Posted by FCHD
    Wonderful news. I shall play alll three of those.

Hopefully a good few of those who are interested in some "cheap" PLO8 fun will join in.

There are some bigger buy-in ones tonight, too, £3.30, £5.50 & £11. I'm not sure if I'll play those, as I'm playing the £1.10 ones and £2.35 PLO8 DYM's at the same time, but TommyD, CoxyLBoro & others have promised to help, & I expect they will play those bigger ones.  

• edited May 2013

We had a really fun afternoon today.

Three PLO8 Tourneys ran....

2.55pm, £1.10 - 25 runners

4.25pm - £3.30, 11 runners. (Shows how price sensitive they are).

4.55pm, £1.10, 24 runners.

Me? Not very good, I finished, resprctively, 8th, 7th & 6th. If only I could maintain that momemtum for 5 more of them.......in the last one I was in great shape on the Final Table, but completely missed seeing the rivered flush, & got the lot in & ran into nut-nut. Whoops.

I played 4 x £2.25 PLO8 DYM's, too, won 2, lost 2. 

So I've played for 4 hours or more, had a bunch of fun, & lost about £8. Not too bad then. 

Onwards & downwards, see you at 7.15.

• edited May 2013

Please note that whilst multi-tabling, I'm not so good with the chat box, so cannot reply to comments or questions, but if you have any questions, please put them on this thread & we can reply to them all later tonight, or tomorrow.

I'm Offline from 6am until mid-afternoon tomorrow, but will be back on here around mid afternoon, & will be doing the PTP Omaha (High) cash session on Wednesday evening.

Hope you enjoy the games.

Huge thanks to TommyD for his invaluable help this afternoon, ditto to Talon.  

• edited May 2013
    Of course I would take down my second PLO8 MTT after struggling with my hold 'em results for nearly a year. Bashing buttons works better than making thoughtful, reasoned decisions. ;)

It's an interesting game and I think I got the hang of one or two little things towards the end. Might get into it one day but I'd prefer to get myself on the hold 'em tables a little more before getting stuck into other variants.

Good luck with the PTP this week Tikay. Good luck to everyone else, too.
  • edited May 2013
    I have a wonderful hand to post up in a bit which really shows how great PLO8 is and will be great to explain stuff.  Will post it when tables thin out.  I've had to mini some tables, if I don't respond I will open them up when I get a chance.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo Low cost fun tonight....... : There are now £1.10 High-Low MTTs at 7:15, 8:15 and 9:15 in the lobby
    Posted by FCHD
    Yeah, was nice to get the £1.10 tournies in the evening, I even managed to cash in one.  It would be nice if they were a regular feature.

Fun night though and I hope any PLO8 newbies enjoyed the game.
  • edited May 2013
    Great evening's entertainment, even though I managed to forget to register for the 9:15 tournament.

Of couse, it's made better when you manage to make a profit on the evening.

Well played to all and thanks to Sky & Tikay for setting this up.
  • edited May 2013

Really enjoyed the 1 i entered. Need to do this once a week Teeks.

Had agreat hu battle with FCHD, but managed to luckbox it.

• edited May 2013
    Not luckbox it, you outplayed me. I got some lucky cards to split some pots to extend the heads-up longer than it should have been to be honest
  • edited May 2013

Well, I think we had a pretty good day!

Everyone I spoke to seemed to be enjoying themselves, though I guess it helped that I seemed to be donating left right & centre...........

We'll deffo repeat this, probably next Tuesday.

Remind me to write to Head Office next Monday or Tuesday to ask them to schedule the £1.10 Tourneys again for Tuesday please, otherwise I'll forget.
  • edited May 2013

I don't know exactly how many played this afternoon & this evening, but these were the runners for the Tourneys I played. There were plenty of other Tourneys (PLO8) all Evening too. I quit at 11pm, as I'd been playing non-stop since 2.55pm.

2.55pm, £1.10, 25 runners

4.25pm, £3.30, 11 runners

4.55pm, 24 runners

7.15pm, £1.10, 32 runners

7.25pm, £5.50, 8 runners

20.15, £1.10, 26 runners

21.15, £1.10, 27 runners.  

Alongside these, there were PLO8 DYM's running all afternoon & Evening, I don't know how many, but I played 7 of them. 

I'll send all these numbers up to the Office, & maybe we can keep the momentum going by doing this regularly.

• edited May 2013

Just a quick "thank you" to everyone who played these PLO8 Tourneys & DYM's, the atmosphere & vibes were good throughout, & there was no bad blood or curly lips. 

Special thanks to TommyD & CoxyLBoro for helping out, too.

Tomorrow, it is the "official" PTP Omaha Cash evening, & I'll be playing Omaha Cash @ 5p-10p, 10p-20p, & 25p-50p.

Hope to see a few of you then. 

For those that prefer PLO8, & enjoyed it todasy, I hope you'll start a few Tables tomorrow & maybe others will join in.

Finally, if you have ANY PLO8 questions, please Post them on this thread, & I'm sure you'll get some decent replies.

Night all.

• edited May 2013
    Had a blast playing the 7.15 and 8.15 quid games.  It's always good to learn new skills and have a laugh at the same time.  I learnt that if you flop the second nuts and get someone shoving into you then folding is never a bad thing.  The name has been changed to avoid embarassment

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    tik*y1 Small blind   25.00 25.00 2598.00
    PENGUIN777 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1315.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A
    • Q

Donttelmum Raise   100.00 175.00 2320.50
    cenachav Call   100.00 275.00 2450.00
    TommyD Fold        
    earntheriv Fold        
    tik*y1 Call   75.00 350.00 2523.00
    PENGUIN777 Fold        
    Flop

• A
    • Q
    • A

tik*y1 Check        
    Donttelmum Check        
    cenachav Bet   175.00 525.00 2275.00
    tik*y1 Call   175.00 700.00 2348.00
    Donttelmum Fold        
    Turn

tik*y1 Bet   350.00 1050.00 1998.00
    cenachav Raise   1050.00 2100.00 1225.00
    tik*y1 All-in   1998.00 4098.00 0.00
    cenachav All-in   1225.00 5323.00 0.00
    tik*y1 Unmatched bet   73.00 5250.00 73.00
    tik*y1 Show
    • Q
    • Q

cenachav Show
    • K
    • A
    • Q

River

cenachav Win high Full House, Aces and Queens 5250.00   5250.00
      No qualifying low hand      
  • edited May 2013
    I played the 9.15 tournament, really enjoyed the game.

I found it quite frustrating/difficult to get my chips in late on when I was short stacked, twice I had great starting hands when down to about 8BBs, and all I could do was min raise. Eventually managed to get all in pre with a strong hand vs one opponent but the low came in and snatched half the pot back. Great game!

I guess the advice is try never to get so low in pot limit?
  • edited May 2013
    Tikay, I think there was more in the 7:15 than that, about 32 if I remember correctly. There was certainly more in it than in the 8:15 as 5 were paid in the earlier one and only 3 in the later one
  • edited May 2013
    Really good fun, considering i didn't have a clue what i was doing.

Brilliant!
  • edited May 2013
    So here's the hand I was telling you about, even Tikay might like this HH
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    CoxyLboro Small blind  75.00 75.00 2885.00
    TommyD Big blind  150.00 225.00 1620.00
      Your hole cards

GELDY Call  150.00 375.00 3120.00
    CoxyLboro Call  75.00 450.00 2810.00
    TommyD Check     
    Flop

CoxyLboro Check     
    TommyD Check     
    GELDY Check     
    Turn

CoxyLboro Bet  337.50 787.50 2472.50
    TommyD Call  337.50 1125.00 1282.50
    GELDY Raise  1800.00 2925.00 1320.00
    CoxyLboro All-in  2472.50 5397.50 0.00
    TommyD ?    

Three-way action, guaranteed three way all in and we have the second nut High and the third nut low.  I'm sure the players involved won't mind their names in there.  Reads are Coxy will either be ahead or get there by the river, also very thinking player but claims he doesn't know much about PLO8.  Geldy is aggressive solid player, I don't think he's played too much PLO8 and is enjoying the night.

So, what do you do?  Remember, there are two pots in play here.
  • edited May 2013
    With your chip stack I think its a fold.  At best you will be splitting as, I'm sure, at least one of them has either the nut high or the nut low if not both.  Then again I'm just learning this game!
  • edited May 2013
    Had a lot of fun tonight, it seemed like most people did as well.  Got a little hectic in the middle but on the whole I think a lovely night for everyone.  Especially Greg (I had you locked Greg, LOCKED!  Darn jack.....)

Best of luck tomorrow, I doubt I'll be there, plan to be screaming at the TV during the footy.
  • edited May 2013
       Seeing as though the subject of advice was mentioned in this thread i will give a seemingly weird tip that could really help.

Sometimes underbetting is the best thing to do. Not to induce a raise but to keep people in the pot.

To give an example of this. You see a 4 handed flop with 9d Td Jx Qx.

The flop comes down  6d 7d 8d.

You have a total lockdown on the high but with no possibility of winning the Lo with a very obvious Lo already available. If you go at this pot hard the chances are you will get it heads up after this flop and end up splitting the pot.  But if you underbet this hand then you increase the chances of getting multiple callers and it is the chopping of those callers that your chip profit is coming from.

Heads up with only half a hand is not where you want to be. Multiway with half hands and heads up with scoop possible hands.
  • edited May 2013
    Tikay, I think there was more in the 7:15 than that, about 32 if I remember correctly. There was certainly more in it than in the 8:15 as 5 were paid in the earlier one and only 3 in the later one
    Posted by FCHD
    Correct, my apologies, there were 32 in the 7.15pm one, I've edited my Post now.

I've had a £5 bet that Cenachav will be on to have a chirp shortly at a bit of a faux paus I made when I ran flopped queens full into flopped Aces full. Whoops.