You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hi-Lo Low cost fun tonight.......

13»

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo Low cost fun tonight.......:
    Had a blast playing the 7.15 and 8.15 quid games.  It's always good to learn new skills and have a laugh at the same time.  I learnt that if you flop the second nuts and get someone shoving into you then folding is never a bad thing.  The name has been changed to avoid embarassment Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance tik*y1 Small blind   25.00 25.00 2598.00 PENGUIN777 Big blind   50.00 75.00 1315.00   Your hole cards K A 4 Q       Donttelmum Raise   100.00 175.00 2320.50 cenachav Call   100.00 275.00 2450.00 TommyD Fold         earntheriv Fold         tik*y1 Call   75.00 350.00 2523.00 PENGUIN777 Fold         Flop     A Q A       tik*y1 Check         Donttelmum Check         cenachav Bet   175.00 525.00 2275.00 tik*y1 Call   175.00 700.00 2348.00 Donttelmum Fold         Turn     6       tik*y1 Bet   350.00 1050.00 1998.00 cenachav Raise   1050.00 2100.00 1225.00 tik*y1 All-in   1998.00 4098.00 0.00 cenachav All-in   1225.00 5323.00 0.00 tik*y1 Unmatched bet   73.00 5250.00 73.00 tik*y1 Show Q 10 Q 7       cenachav Show K A 4 Q       River     7       cenachav Win high Full House, Aces and Queens 5250.00   5250.00   No qualifying low hand      
    Posted by cenachav

Wii, there she is, ship the fiver!

Well done Mr Chav.
  • edited May 2013
    I played the 9.15 tournament, really enjoyed the game. I found it quite frustrating/difficult to get my chips in late on when I was short stacked, twice I had great starting hands when down to about 8BBs, and all I could do was min raise. Eventually managed to get all in pre with a strong hand vs one opponent but the low came in and snatched half the pot back. Great game! I guess the advice is try never to get so low in pot limit?
    Posted by bbMike[/
    QUOTE]

Mike,

IMO, you can coast with a MUCH smaller stack in PLO before you press the gung-ho button & ship with spanners.

10 bigs is nowhere near "panic time" in PLO8.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm sure the players involved won't mind their names in there.
    no problem

Geldy is enjoying the night.
    Posted by TommyD

indeed i was - even managed to win a couple of them, though more through luck than judgement - as no doubt will become clear once my hand is exposed in your example (I assume - i don't actually remember what i had)

thks TK, tommyD et al for providing such a fun evening, and everyone for the advice

note to self: don't try to play NLHE while multi-tabling PLO8
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo Low cost fun tonight....... :
    I played the 9.15 tournament, really enjoyed the game. I found it quite frustrating/difficult to get my chips in late on when I was short stacked, twice I had great starting hands when down to about 8BBs, and all I could do was min raise. Eventually managed to get all in pre with a strong hand vs one opponent but the low came in and snatched half the pot back. Great game! I guess the advice is try never to get so low in pot limit? Posted by bbMike[/ QUOTE] Mike, IMO, you can coast with a MUCH smaller stack in PLO before you press the gung-ho button & ship with spanners. 10 bigs is nowhere near "panic time" in PLO8.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for this, there was no problem seeing a flop, but it would always be 3/4 way and easily pushed off by big stacks if I didn't have a great or improvable hand post-flop. I guess it's just more variance which feels intimidating with such a bowl, but perhaps finer starting hand selection is what's required. Playing short is definitely something I'll need to think about.

Mike.
  • edited May 2013
    Forgot how much I enjoyed PLO8, but next time can we fix the software so Im not seated with Greghogg? Cant beat his immense rungood!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Hi-Lo Low cost fun tonight....... : Thanks for this, there was no problem seeing a flop, but it would always be 3/4 way and easily pushed off by big stacks if I didn't have a great or improvable hand post-flop. I guess it's just more variance which feels intimidating with such a bowl, but perhaps finer starting hand selection is what's required. Playing short is definitely something I'll need to think about. Mike.
    Posted by bbMike
    You need to take less Hold-Em thinking in to these games.

3-4 way flops are standard, most of the time the others are in the same state as you and are getting to see a flop with a marginal (or worse) starting hand.

"A bowl" in a Omaha High Low will be less, often way less, than what would be considered a shoving stack in No Limit Hold Em, and you can hang around for ages with a short stack even if you split the hands you do play.