You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Its been a while since i played during the day, and its just gone 2pm with not one nl30 table running. Have the nitty regs really flushed sky of all the action?? 

Wasnt two years ago that you could pretty much 6 table from 9-10 am. 

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action:
    Its been a while since i played during the day, and its just gone 2pm with not one nl30 table running. Have the nitty regs really flushed sky of all the action??  Wasnt two years ago that you could pretty much 6 table from 9-10 am. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    I expect it went the same way as a lot of the other action; gradually dried-up from the bottom up due to Skys flawed old policy of rewarding high volume grinders well while giving absolutely no loyalty payments to all the grass-roots players.

Refer yourself to your own closed/deleted thread from Saturday(?).
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action:
    In Response to What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : I expect it went the same way as a lot of the other action; gradually dried-up from the bottom up due to Skys flawed old policy of rewarding high volume grinders well while giving absolutely no loyalty payments to all the grass-roots players. Refer yourself to your own closed/deleted thread from Saturday(?).
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Yes but not all high volume players are nits, and my problem was that if you where a sng/mtt player who got any level of points, your getting clobbered by the new system. 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Yes but not all high volume players are nits, and my problem was that if you where a sng/mtt player who got any level of points, your getting clobbered by the new system. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Naturally we disagree with this.

We won't go through all the things. It's been discussed before.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited May 2013

Dunno why 30nl has stopped but there's always zillions of 20nl going.

8 right now for example.

Dnt really understand why that is?
  • edited May 2013
    When the games at the lowest levels start to dry up because the recreational players and net-depositors decide to switch to sites that offer them tangible loyalty bonuses it's eventually going to impact on the games higher up.

It makes no difference whether the players at the top of the food chain are nits or maniacs, whether they're getting loads of points or not. When the bottom of the food chain collapses it will have a domino affect all the way to the top. Thank-goodness Sky have taken steps to turn things around before it goes too far.

When did you last hear that old mantra "numbers are up"?
  • edited May 2013
    Dunno why 30nl has stopped but there's always zillions of 20nl going. 8 right now for example. Dnt really understand why that is?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah its bizzare, is it fair to say site numbers are down jj? I remember there being more than 1k seated during the day not that long ago. 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Naturally we disagree with this. We won't go through all the things. It's been discussed before. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Sorry I wasnt privvy to the original discussion, but let me put this to you. Play 3333 £10 hu sngs get prio, 2 years ago you where getting £300 quid at the enhanced rate, today you are getting £200 quid. So tell me what you disagree about ??!!!

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Yeah its bizzare, is it fair to say site numbers are down jj? I remember there being more than 1k seated during the day not that long ago. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Poker is a seasonal business so (peaking in the winter months) so that can affect the seated stats.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Yeah its bizzare, is it fair to say site numbers are down jj? I remember there being more than 1k seated during the day not that long ago. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Not something I've ever taken any notice of.

I just pay attention to the games I like to play myself and yes, there seems to me fewer games running than there used to be.

Spose the official line will be 'it's summer, so less people play" or something.

Not sure about that though. Don't know what the reason is tbh. Combination of things maybe?

Sky could help themselves massively by getting a move on with the new software!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Sorry I wasnt privvy to the original discussion, but let me put this to you. Play 3333 £10 hu sngs get prio, 2 years ago you where getting £300 quid at the enhanced rate, today you are getting £200 quid. So tell me what you disagree about ??!!!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    The new system is fairer. Overall, as we've said many times before, yes there are examples where people will get less. But there are many, many more people better off.

Plus there is value from other promotions which we run.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action:
    Its been a while since i played during the day, and its just gone 2pm with not one nl30 table running. Have the nitty regs really flushed sky of all the action??  Wasnt two years ago that you could pretty much 6 table from 9-10 am. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    I think you'll find it's to do with the time of the year. Poker sites have their best time when the weather is rubbish and it's dark outside. At the moment (for me at least) it's sunny and slightly warm, so the rec players have other things they would like to be doing other than playing online poker.

Not sure wht the regs are doing, but I expect while the tables a quiet they are doing exactly the same.

EDIT: Just seen "Sky" already posted what I was saying... I'm sure that wasn't there when I started that post. grrr
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah great weather lol, its going to rain most of this week ! But I am sure that there was more daytime cash action at this time through to september a few years back.  
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : I think you'll find it's to do with the time of the year. Poker sites have their best time when the weather is rubbish and it's dark outside. At the moment (for me at least) it's sunny and slightly  warm, so the rec players have other things they would like to be doing other than playing online poker. Not sure wht the regs are doing, but I expect while the tables a quiet they are doing exactly the same. EDIT: Just seen "Sky" already posted what I was saying... I'm sure that wasn't there when I started that post. grrr
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Great minds think alike sir! :)
  • edited May 2013
    Personally feel that numbers are dwindling. 

Sky has always shafted micro stakes players in terms of high rake combined with low or no rakeback. Most microstakes players are probably getting @ 5% rakeback.
  • edited May 2013
    Personally feel that numbers are dwindling.  Sky has always shafted micro stakes players in terms of high rake combined with low or no rakeback. Most microstakes players are probably getting @ 5% rakeback.
    Posted by NColley
    It's not really possible to make this calculation for all, so many factors affact it to be honest. Many microstakes players also take part in freerolls, promos too - if you worked it out would be much, much higher % back. It's possible this would be >100% for some.

A micro stakes player who got into priority would get the same deal. Albeit, it is harder to do at that level as you'd expect.
  • edited May 2013
    too much nit boxing, recs get bored of it

• edited May 2013
    The time of year has something to do with it, and it affects all levels.  I would also say that Mondays are one of the slower days of the week too.

I would say to any 30nl grinders, the best way to get games going is to sit down and wait.  IMO it is far better to try and start new tables then get on a list for an existing one, plus the addition of the Earlybird gives you that extra bit of incentive too.  You will soon find people joining you. 

I just finished a session and when I started 100nl had 4 of the same faces on 6 tables.  I joined the lists but I also opened up a couple of new tables and within 5 minutes they were both full.

Put the effort in and you'll find that players come to you.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm grinding elsewhere.  Im getting 40% rb and doing well in a rake race which is at least an extra £600 a month.  My roi is also very similiar.  Its a shame - I really like sky and depending on how my rake race is shaping up I'll be back for the promo next bank hol.

I realise the arguement for the decrease in my c4p but I feel I'm worse off than 99% of people who play on here.  Costs me about 9 bi's per month.  

People will say rb/rewards/c4p is just a bonus and thats fine and the reason why I'm playing less tables on here when I do play and generating alot less rake.  Increased roi tho ;-)

Good luck to all!
  • edited May 2013
    Can I just add I don't want to get into the c4p discussion.  I'm just pointing out why I'm playing elsewhere in response to gooners op.  Each to their own.
  • edited May 2013
    The games have completely died at nl30/40. Nl20 is just rammed full of regs on every table so theres hardly any point in playing.

The software has started to be really slow on my end too so think i might be moving elsewhere unfortunately, really enjoyed sky too its a shame.

• edited May 2013
    I'm grinding elsewhere.  Im getting 40% rb and doing well in a rake race which is at least an extra £600 a month.  My roi is also very similiar.  Its a shame - I really like sky and depending on how my rake race is shaping up I'll be back for the promo next bank hol. I realise the arguement for the decrease in my c4p but I feel I'm worse off than 99% of people who play on here.  Costs me about 9 bi's per month.   People will say rb/rewards/c4p is just a bonus and thats fine and the reason why I'm playing less tables on here when I do play and generating alot less rake.  Increased roi tho ;-) Good luck to all!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    DTM do you know what a poker prop is, if you dont, send me a PM and ill link you to a site that offers 100-120% rakeback. 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Not something I've ever taken any notice of. I just pay attention to the games I like to play myself and yes, there seems to me fewer games running than there used to be. Spose the official line will be 'it's summer, so less people play" or something. Not sure about that though. Don't know what the reason is tbh. Combination of things maybe? Sky could help themselves massively by getting a move on with the new software!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Who is that going to attract? Depositors?  
  • edited May 2013
    I'm grinding elsewhere.  Im getting 40% rb and doing well in a rake race which is at least an extra £600 a month.  My roi is also very similiar.  Its a shame - I really like sky and depending on how my rake race is shaping up I'll be back for the promo next bank hol. I realise the arguement for the decrease in my c4p but I feel I'm worse off than 99% of people who play on here.  Costs me about 9 bi's per month.   People will say rb/rewards/c4p is just a bonus and thats fine and the reason why I'm playing less tables on here when I do play and generating alot less rake.  Increased roi tho ;-) Good luck to all!
    Posted by Donttelmum

Rewards should be aimed solely at those who spend the most i.e those who deposit regularly and don't withdraw.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action:
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : It's not really possible to make this calculation for all, so many factors affact it to be honest. Many microstakes players also take part in freerolls, promos too - if you worked it out would be much, much higher % back. It's possible this would be />100% for some. A micro stakes player who got into priority would get the same deal. Albeit, it is harder to do at that level as you'd expect.
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Would Sky please like to therefore defend the desision that a player at NL10 pays a max for £1.40 per pot at 7.5% - so a £20 pot is reduced by £1.40. Now a player playing the exact same hand at NL100 plays a £200 pot is charged just £1.80 max at 5% on pot. 

Surely by reducing the rake at lower levels to 5% aswell that allows rec players to win more (when they win) and therefore maybe they move to a higher level, and the regs will also win more thus again they will move up to a higher level quicker. 

More players playing at a higher level is good for sky right? 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Rewards should be aimed solely at those who spend the most i.e those who deposit regularly and don't withdraw.
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Surely this creates a vaccum though. I agree with rewarding the grinders, but keep the fish in please 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Who is that going to attract? Depositors?  
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Dunno, I'd expect the numbers to increase at least temporarily though, mixture of different types of players.

Bighawk itt for example. Loads of other players who have 'left' because of the poor software.

Can only help.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Dunno, I'd expect the numbers to increase at least temporarily though, mixture of different types of players. Bighawk itt for example. Loads of other players who have 'left' because of the poor software. Can only help.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     This is the major reason I hardly play on Sky anymore.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Surely this creates a vaccum though. I agree with rewarding the grinders, but keep the fish in please 
    Posted by The_Don90
    I'm confused by this reply, it sounds like you're disagreeing with Browndog and yet you're both advocating that rewards should go to, as you put it, fish.

The bigger players will always get the biggest financial reward because they pay more rake, but it stands to reason that plenty of rewards should be given to the serial depositors.

All the regs that play for a living, or a regular income on the side of a job withdraw X amount per month. Sky need, at the absolute minimum, enough people to deposit at least this amount each month to keep on an even keel, otherwise the total amount in circulation reduces and eventually the games die.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Rewards should be aimed solely at those who spend the most i.e those who deposit regularly and don't withdraw.
    Posted by BrownnDog

Are you joking?

Players that don't deposit often and are grinding alot generate alot more rake than the players than deposit now and then, lose, wait awhile and then deposit again.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Are you joking? Players that don't deposit often and are grinding alot generate alot more rake than the players than deposit now and then, lose, wait awhile and then deposit again.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Yeah, except it's money being on a site that keeps it going.

How much have most winners deposited it the last however many years? I'm not even a big winner at all, and I aint contributed a penny to the site for years.

You gotta think longer term, it's as simple as this, if everyone stopped depositing then your income stops. You might keep giong for a couple of months, until worse players run out, then that'd be it.