You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action

13»

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action:
    In Response to Re: What's happened to daytime nl30/40 action : Sky is a poker site based mostly for the UK market.

Hence this is a small pool to catch fish in ,
    i say think  global not local .
    I bet 90% or more players here are uk and roi based .

I not only had to give my passport details, but also every bank detail possible and had to wait on postal delivary for a code to register on a French site, just a passport is getting off light.

All the major poker sites don't require the above .
    The majority of PEEPS will always go for the easy start account option .

The channel is a great tool - infact i know myself and a few others signed up purely based on the channel. 
    That was then this is now , times change .

How many 1st depositors £10 notes  does it take to make one tv show ?
    A 100 no , 200 no ,  more than 500 defo ,
    now that's a lot of new players for 1 show to draw in to pay for itself  .

Dollars??? really the biggest selling point for most of skys client base is the fact its in £'s. Im not sure how many nations out with the UK and Ireland play on sky, but surely even those nations would benifit more from Euros than dollars. 

Thinking and drawing small again .

I agree there are issues with attracting new players but fixing the software which many have said should help fix that. The software is a much bigger issue than any you have mentioned

I agree , but no point in just fixing this ,
    if you want the site to survive you must get over this is for us uk pound players only club or 
    you will end up in the pound all alone lol .

Posted by The_Don90
  • edited May 2013
    Not sure about the passport business, never affected me as I am UK-based, but your other two points would be totally counter-productive.

The TV side is the main way most people find and get into this site in the first place, and the fact that all play is in pounds is another of the site's unique selling point. Why try to be the same as all the other sites? Why should all play be in dollars when we don't use dollars in everyday life, and US players can't register on the site anyway?
  • edited May 2013
    Its simple

Get the fish the sharks will come.
  • edited May 2013
    Not sure about the passport business, never affected me as I am UK-based, but your other two points would be totally counter-productive. The TV side is the main way most people find and get into this site in the first place, and the fact that all play is in pounds is another of the site's unique selling point. Why try to be the same as all the other sites? Why should all play be in dollars when we don't use dollars in everyday life, and US players can't register on the site anyway?
    Posted by FCHD

The worlds biggest site allows you to deposit/play in  in pounds, euros or dollars. Quite frankly the currency arguement is quite poor imo, when you deposit in a foreign currency you are given an instant amount that pounds buys in that currency. Then when you convert back, the site tells you how many pounds your dollars/euros buy.

If you look at the number of online uk poker players compared with those that visit sky, I think you will find sky misses out on a lot of potential business. To say that currency is a USP, clearly is not true as we would be having 10s of thousands of players on the site every night, that is not the case. The site is stagnating because the mtt offering is poor and the cash tables where full of tight regs (now there is no one) amongst other reasons.

So what can be improved, software well we know thats being sorted. MTT schedule needs to be ripped up so that we are not all funnelled into the ME and if we want to play something other than a bounty hunter, its there. For the life of me its beyond my comprehension how rebuys form a core part of other sites offerings and are very popular, and yet sky largely ignore them and the ones they do offer, have the gtees reduced which in turn reduces numbers playing them. Sky say that Bounty Hunters are popular with the player base, well is it not also true that a large number of players are put off sky because of this. 

• edited May 2013
    skypoker's main problem is attracting new players , new money .  3 pointers to improve this : 1 . stop asking peeps outside of the uk for copies of their passports to open an account with them , this has happened to 4 of my mates and they laughed and just signed upto other poker sites and instantly played poker. 2 .  stream line  skys  tv like other sites and use this money to set up a bonus model like full tilt for low depositors and repeat depositors . This system allows one to track ones bonus play easily. 3 .  All  poker games  i.e £10 dym becomes $10 games over night . This will entice more 1st and repeat depositors to this site because dollars is the norm in global internet poker play . The above will allow peeps get more games in for their deposits . Despite what poker suits may say ,this site at best has 4k players  average  playing online  at one time . This is ongoing i believe for a number of years  now . If this site continues to cast it net only in uk base and dont relax it rules outside its uk base , the waters will dry up of little fish . Go global like sky  news  does .
    Posted by susansue
    Currency being in £££ is a plus for me i defo wouldn't want this to change to be honest.
  • edited May 2013
    The player pool in cash is so small it's the same 8 or so players (myself included) playing at each level with the odd random thrown in.

There's just not enough fish to fry anymore.

Maybe it's the recession?

Or maybe poker is just not as popular as a few years ago??
  • edited May 2013
    the fact the grinders still refer to the people that make them big money as fish tells you a lot about the online poker world

maybe the "fish" got sick of being berated every 5 minutes

being told there play was bad

e.t.c 

e.t.c
  • edited May 2013
    the fact the grinders still refer to the people that make them big money as fish tells you a lot about the online poker world maybe the "fish" got sick of being berated every 5 minutes being told there play was bad e.t.c  e.t.c
    Posted by bugaloo
    It's only a poker term fish, sharks, rocks etc.
  • edited May 2013
    Only called fish because they get eaten by sharks

but I don't think sharks eat donkey's

so I am bit confused
  • edited May 2013

They would if the donkey went in the sea