You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big deal cash strategy - discussion!

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat

May 24th-27th: Cash Games

Players can win by being dealt into the greatest number of hands between 00:01 Friday 24th May until 23:59 Monday 27th May. The player who is dealt into the most raked hands will win the 1st place prize, 2nd place goes to the person who played the next highest number of raked hands, and so on.

We don't want players folding pre do we )

yo yo yo - limp/call all range :()

play nl4 !! WHAT WHAT !!

FWIW - I am not taking part :D

discuss.....

Comments

• edited May 2013
    no time to discuss
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion!:
    no time to discuss
    Posted by Donttelmum
    How many tables where u on. ive been on and off nl4 on most if not all tables at times, and ur everywhere!!!!

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : How many tables where u on. ive been on and off nl4 on most if not all tables at times, and ur everywhere!!!!
    Posted by The_Don90
    use player search. thats what i did to find out.

in answer to a question you posted on another thread at at me. i was on no more tables than you were. i just had to move at times so prob felt like i was on more
  • edited May 2013
    Red Bull and a espresso can't be a healthy breakfast!
  • edited May 2013
    better than a pie and a pint
    gl everyone in this
    #nutters
    #butIcouldn'tdoit
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Big deal cash strategy - discussion!:
    May 24th-27th: Cash Games Players can win by being dealt into the greatest number of hands between 00:01 Friday 24th May until 23:59 Monday 27th May. The player who is dealt into the most raked hands will win the 1st place prize, 2nd place goes to the person who played the next highest number of raked hands, and so on.   We don't want players folding pre do we ) yo yo yo - limp/call all range :()   play nl4 !! WHAT WHAT !!     FWIW - I am not taking part :D   discuss.....          
    Posted by rancid
    what's to discuss it's a rake race in effect?

do you think you should win for folding pre-flop 24hrs a day?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : use player search. thats what i did to find out. in answer to a question you posted on another thread at at me. i was on no more tables than you were. i just had to move at times so prob felt like i was on more
    Posted by TINTIN
    ahh, my first time one that many tables, also my most profitable session at this level ever. shame i just blew half of it in 30 mins lol :( variance tho, standard coolers. 

gta pop out then bed time for me. sigh. :(
  • edited May 2013
    Meh, I have come to the conclusion you could make more money working in maccie d's than on winning this promo for the hours required. Just done a 5.5 hour session playing like a donk. No more !
  • edited May 2013
    Well yeah, imo the guy that wins the lower level will have played 40+ hours to win £300 so probably about break even with MacDonalds.

Everyone that doesn't win would probably be better off in MacDonalds lol.

Obv if you can win money at the tables (the main goal) and make some C4P while you're there, even better.
  • edited May 2013
    how many tables is it possible to play at once?
    some1 is on 14 tables at once!
    how do u even fit that in your screen!!
  • edited May 2013
    how many tables is it possible to play at once? some1 is on 14 tables at once! how do u even fit that in your screen!!
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    Well DTM was on 17 tables last I looked.

You generally gotta have 2 monitors to do it, although some people do 'stack' tables (just put them all on top of each other and when it's your turn to act the table will come into focus.
  • edited May 2013
    how many tables is it possible to play at once? some1 is on 14 tables at once! how do u even fit that in your screen!!
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    96in tv....lol
  • edited May 2013
    surely when you play that many tables its impossible to be winning!
    think of all the aces u get which u will miss ha
    my screen struggles to fit 4 in it and lets be honest who can be bothered to play that many at once especially at this level!
    is it worth it to try n win this thing as in end of day its only 300 pounds!
  • edited May 2013
    In a word no. Sky have flushed out nl30/40 of all action, now it looks like the same will happen at nl4. 

Ive seen regs limping into pots just to qualify a raked hand, my advice to any player that sees this is raise it up! I dont feel comfortable with the spirit this promo is being taken. 
  • edited May 2013
    Im playing 16-20 tables on 1 screen.  I can post a vid on here if allowed?
  • edited May 2013
    In a word no. Sky have flushed out nl30/40 of all action, now it looks like the same will happen at nl4.  Ive seen regs limping into pots just to qualify a raked hand, my advice to any player that sees this is raise it up! I dont feel comfortable with the spirit this promo is being taken. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    i absolutly love it! decent solid regs limping and playing nl4 instead of nl30. 

cant wait toi get on the tables later with a load of rec players!
  • edited May 2013
    16 in the 1 screen!
    thats just madness ha
    just a question though, do ppl need to particapte in the raked pot or do they just need to be dealt cards in the raked pot?

• edited May 2013
    Im playing 16-20 tables on 1 screen.  I can post a vid on here if allowed?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Yeah it's allowed, others have done it.

Gogogogo
  • edited May 2013
    16 in the 1 screen! thats just madness ha just a question though, do ppl need to particapte in the raked pot or do they just need to be dealt cards in the raked pot?
    Posted by chrisbhoy
    You just need to have been dealt cards in a raked hand, even if you don't pay rake yourself.
  • edited May 2013
    In a word no. Sky have flushed out nl30/40 of all action, now it looks like the same will happen at nl4.  Ive seen regs limping into pots just to qualify a raked hand, my advice to any player that sees this is raise it up! I dont feel comfortable with the spirit this promo is being taken
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    lmao, what did you think was going to happen?

Just wait till someone works out to load every 50nl table up and buy in with minimum and go for £500.
  • edited May 2013
    Just limp/call every hand

£4 = 100 raked hands

7500 raked hands for £300

:D

funny rake race
  • edited May 2013
    This is gonna be a time to harvest for all the guys who just want to punish the limper :)

Good luck to everyone doing this but fwiw for the 20nl/50nl players doing this with a top prize of £300 is it really worth all the hours and effort when good table selection and just a few hours play could easily make that amount without all the hassle ?

Good luck whatever though

Daz
  • edited May 2013
    This is gonna be a time to harvest for all the guys who just want to punish the limper :) Good luck to everyone doing this but fwiw for the 20nl/50nl players doing this with a top prize of £300 is it really worth all the hours and effort when good table selection and just a few hours play could easily make that amount without all the hassle ? Good luck whatever though Daz
    Posted by _ARAZI_

doesn't matter if you play nl50 or nl4 in the lower bracket, all about how many raked hands -

total number of raked hands seen = win

-

going to play some nl4 for a laugh and limp/call every hand ) unless i got this all wroung !

probably still make limp/calling profitbale at nl4 :D

...........maybe not !

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : lmao, what did you think was going to happen? Just wait till someone works out to load every 50nl table up and buy in with minimum and go for £500.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Didnt even give it 2 mins thought tbh, JJ is right about the regs who if they could beat nl30 wouldnt need to play this promo for what is the equivalent of 10 buyins. 
  • edited May 2013
    i reckon it will take 30000 raked hands at the lower limit to win it ha
    most dont play that in a year!
  • edited May 2013
    Should have been structured like the Kings of Cash, with a low/mid/high bracket.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : Yeah it's allowed, others have done it. Gogogogo
    Posted by Lambert180
    Is it to do with your graphics card ? as i recently stopped using my monitor and linked it to my TV . I,m not a tekkie and thought with my TV been 32 inch rather than my monitor it would get more tables on but no. So thinking of getting a graphics card which will hopefully improve screen resolution then i can play more tables

Also interested in how to link 2 monitors togethor

EDIT - just looked and never seen the NL4 so busy and with such low average pots. 

@dontellmum - Have you slept yet?
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah the size of the monitor/TV is irrelevant, it's all about the resolution.

Each monitor with have a maximum resolution as far as I'm aware and the graphics card really just facilitates you being able to run things it smoothly. So if your monitor can't go above say 800 x 600, then no graphics card is going to make you be able to fit more tables.

I'm pretty sure monitors that can fit 12 tables on are not that expensive, ask Beaneh and he'll probably link you up with some tasty ones.
  • edited May 2013
    DTM you are a machine, would be interested in seeing a video. Good luck to all those grinding this - would be interested to know profit/loss from just the tables at the end of the promo if anyone was brave enough to share..
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : Is it to do with your graphics card ? as i recently stopped using my monitor and linked it to my TV . I,m not a tekkie and thought with my TV been 32 inch rather than my monitor it would get more tables on but no. So thinking of getting a graphics card which will hopefully improve screen resolution then i can play more tables Also interested in how to link 2 monitors togethor EDIT - just looked and never seen the NL4 so busy and with such low average pots.  @dontellmum - Have you slept yet?
    Posted by MP33
    I know, pretty bad tbh. I think a bit of work is needed on these promos.