You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Big deal cash strategy - discussion!

Comments

• edited May 2013
    let all the regs limp in to nl 4 cus ppl who play say 25 nl and 50 nl are gunna make more profit from atchully playing poker. iv made £200 playing 25 nl 6 tables already so im gunna get more then some1 getting ranked first for limping every hand in 4 nl.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion!:
    Should have been structured like the Kings of Cash, with a low/mid/high bracket.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    +1 this was a better structured cash promo
  • edited May 2013
    Should have been structured like the Kings of Cash, with a low/mid/high bracket.
    Posted by Curt360x27
    +1
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : I know, pretty bad tbh. I think a bit of work is needed on these promos.
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1
    bankroll management will be much hard to control with this as a promo. people will be joining lots so they can just stand more chance of getting into the top 20
  • edited May 2013
    as most of you know im a mainly nl4 player so i havent stepped down for this promo. it is noticable that some have stepped down, mainly because their names are common to the forum, and theres a couple of others i suspect ( cant tell for sure tho just going by table numbers and ive nevr seen their alias before). i do think the number of these players isnt as many as some think but then it is only half a day into the promo.

whatever their reasons for deciding to attack the promo at nl4 is up to them,

the tables are busy at nl4 (not in a great way) so it must be great for the higher regs who may not be seeing as many tables at their level but a less reg percentage to the table.

on a side note, the number of tables available max out at a certain number at nl4 and by the trend today this is gonna be very early this evening. it may not be the best scenario for rec players logging on toniight looking for a game
  • edited May 2013
    12 hrs grind on 16 tables over 4 days is madness on 4 nl  this would do my nut in 

is it worth it for £300 
  • edited May 2013
    One word. Omaha
  • edited May 2013
    solid strat = go out and enjoy the bank holiday weekend
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah the size of the monitor/TV is irrelevant, it's all about the resolution. Each monitor with have a maximum resolution as far as I'm aware and the graphics card really just facilitates you being able to run things it smoothly. So if your monitor can't go above say 800 x 600, then no graphics card is going to make you be able to fit more tables. I'm pretty sure monitors that can fit 12 tables on are not that expensive, ask Beaneh and he'll probably link you up with some tasty ones.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Cheers . I,ll look into that . Really need to get more than 4 tables on the screen esp. with promos like this. I,ve no chance w/o stacking them 
  • edited May 2013
    First: 10/6/2009
    Last: 24/5/2013

+ 1 to this altho weather is pants 
  • edited May 2013
    Need a break!!  I usually come back fresher after a shower.  I'm starting to miss hands and make loose calls so need it.

Note to fellow grinders.  Starbucks have 1/2 price frappacinos between 3-5pm untill June 2nd so plz use this deal wisely to assist with the promo.  The gf just arrived back with 2 for me, yum yum!

I haven't slept since midnight but I splent most of the day yesterday in preperation for this.  Don't know how much longer I will last tonight.

Stats so far:  Points 1346.  Cash +£60

Will get the video sorted.  How do I get it on here?  Will probe be tomorrow.

Had new shock absorbers put on the car which lost £660 so that is the target for the weekend.

Who said any1 was limping into pots?

GRIND!!!!

• edited May 2013
    You'd have to just upload it to Youtube I think then post a link.
  • edited May 2013
    hurst05 Posts: 1605 First: 10/6/2009 Last: 24/5/2013 solid strat = go out and enjoy the bank holiday weekend + 1 to this altho weather is pants 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Sounds like a sarcastic post to me from a high stakes player and a good one at that who rarely posts anymore but feels the need to come on a thread like this and have a pop at micro-low stakes players. Its not exactly a helpful or insightful post as i,m sure everryone taking part in this promo is well aware its a Bank Holiday weekend, hence why they put promos on at this time. 
    Just my opinion
  • edited May 2013
    Need a break!!  I usually come back fresher after a shower.  I'm starting to miss hands and make loose calls so need it. Note to fellow grinders.  Starbucks have 1/2 price frappacinos between 3-5pm untill June 2nd so plz use this deal wisely to assist with the promo.  The gf just arrived back with 2 for me, yum yum! I haven't slept since midnight but I splent most of the day yesterday in preperation for this.  Don't know how much longer I will last tonight. Stats so far:  Points 1346.  Cash +£60 Will get the video sorted.  How do I get it on here?  Will probe be tomorrow. Had new shock absorbers put on the car which lost £660 so that is the target for the weekend. Who said any1 was limping into pots? GRIND!!!!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Nooooo. I had to get some expresso,s there last week as it was only place in the service station i was at. Hate handing over my money to the Zionist Lobby and the Corporate corrupted familys behind it to line their pockets and support arms dealers and wars.

rant over - GL with the promo. Can,t see anyone else winning it
  • edited May 2013
    As long as it keeps me awake I'm happy :-)
  • edited May 2013
    wtf im not having a dig at the micro cash players at all 

im just saying i have played kings of cash last year and i needed a week of after as it f000ked me up in the head

all these hrs playing for 4 days will not be great for the brain 
  • edited May 2013
    wtf im not having a dig at the micro cash players at all  im just saying i have played kings of cash last year and i needed a week of after as it f000ked me up in the head all these hrs playing for 4 days will not be great for the brain 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I know what your saying m8. It was aimed at the original poster
  • edited May 2013
    oh thought ya post was aimed at me mp33   my apologies 

i couldnt do it again its mentally draining 

i wanna play when i want to play not coz i have to 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : I know what your saying m8. It was aimed at the original poster
    Posted by MP33

I think you should aim your post at IDCU mate cos it would be more fun :)
  • edited May 2013
    I never thought this was aimd at IDCU !

"Sounds like a sarcastic post to me from a high stakes player and a good one at that"

)
  • edited May 2013
    I never thought this was aimd at IDCU ! " Sounds like a sarcastic post to me from a high stakes player and a good one at that" )
    Posted by rancid

Class :)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : Sounds like a sarcastic post to me from a high stakes player and a good one at that who rarely posts anymore but feels the need to come on a thread like this and have a pop at micro-low stakes players. Its not exactly a helpful or insightful post as i,m sure everryone taking part in this promo is well aware its a Bank Holiday weekend, hence why they put promos on at this time.  Just my opinion
    Posted by MP33
    Disagree.

He's more just having a joke about the players planning to grind their as ses off 12 hours a day and just isolating themselves in their bedroom until they lock 1st place! I have no problem with it myself. Just thought I'd address what I think original post was getting at.
  • edited May 2013
    mp33 saying im a highstakes players and a good 1 at that well thankyou :)
  • edited May 2013
    For those woundering i have dropped back to NL4, not 100% all for this promo. I was origionally going to play NL10 as normal for this. However i dont think my Bankroll - or my tilty mind - would cope with a 12 table down swing with 24 buy ins.

I was having a few losing sessions recently so i was going to be dropping down sooner or later. Infact ive just slept all day i have no chance anyways. sigh. 

• edited May 2013
    For those woundering i have dropped back to NL4, not 100% all for this promo. I was origionally going to play NL10 as normal for this. However i dont think my Bankroll - or my tilty mind - would cope with a 12 table down swing with 24 buy ins. I was having a few losing sessions recently so i was going to be dropping down sooner or later. Infact ive just slept all day i have no chance anyways. sigh. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    well don 90 their is only one thing I can think of that is good with this promo
    the good thing about it is players such as myself and tintin can get the practice for when we move up to the bigger stakes where aggression is more common because these nl4 are so passive.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : well don 90 their is only one thing I can think of that is good with this promo the good thing about it is players such as myself and tintin can get the practice for when we move up to the bigger stakes where aggression is more common because these nl4 are so passive.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Passive ??? Ive seen several cold 4bets from standard NL4 players, 

Ohh also sorry about the set over set cooler, loved how u played that hand :) 

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : Passive ??? Ive seen several cold 4bets from standard NL4 players,  Ohh also sorry about the set over set cooler, loved how u played that hand :) 
    Posted by The_Don90
    the regs of nl4 are not a problem it is the fact their are so few ie if it were not a reg then you would be unlikely to get my full stack on that river all a non regular would do is call again.
    a good evidence I saw was when a villain held a set of 3's another one had QQ the board was ver dry and 9 high but the pot finish at just 40p
    lots say that nl4p is dangerous for bluff but TBH I think myself it is much easier because a lot of the time villians are more concerned about the money and act like nits basically calling if hit folding if missed.
    nh btw
  • edited May 2013
    Btw, congrats and thanks to Sky for the email at 19:00hrs this evening giving details of this promo. I'm sure anyone who would've gone for this but knew nothing about it whatsoever as they don't frequent the forum or look at the promo page every day, would appreciate an email 17 hours after the promo started......

Edit - again! I seem to remember people saying the same thing about a previous promo a while back too.
  • edited May 2013
    Posted by hurst05

Well said that man

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Big deal cash strategy - discussion! : well don 90 their is only one thing I can think of that is good with this promo the good thing about it is players such as myself and tintin can get the practice for when we move up to the bigger stakes where aggression is more common because these nl4 are so passive.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Craig it's not how a lot of them play, some are playing way looser.

One guy went all in against me yesterday pre with pocket 7s. Would he do that at his level? No

It's just cause they think it's only a few quid