You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Waking up from REALITY to CHASE MY DREAMS!!

Comments

• edited September 2013

Hand 1, i would either bet around 200, or check. 100 looks like such a scared bet.

If i bet 200 on the flop, i wouldn't be committing any more chips to the pot (would be folding to  a reraise)

I would probably just check the flop, to be fair. And be checking the turn. In my opinion, i would be looking for better spots.

Hand 2, i would just say with your stack be looking for spots to shove pre when you are under 10 bigs deep.

• edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Waking up from REALITY to CHASE MY DREAMS!!:
    Hand 1, i would either bet around 200, or check. 100 looks like such a scared bet. If i bet 200 on the flop, i wouldn't be committing any more chips to the pot (would be folding to  a reraise) I would probably just check the flop, to be fair. And be checking the turn. In my opinion, i would be looking for better spots. Hand 2, i would just say with your stack be looking for spots to shove pre when you are under 10 bigs deep.
    Posted by LARSON7

Thanks larson7. Admittedly it was a scared bet at the time but the line your suggesting makes sense pre-flop. Thanks

Hand 2. Not best had to shove with. The gods had my back...for once. Lol

• edited September 2013
    Just read this though, a really good read.
    You've made really good progress since you began.
    By the way, I saw your post on my thread. Be happy to help if there is anything you're unsure of Dym wise
  • edited September 2013
    Thank you Jac35 for your post

Today I havent had the bestest of days. The weather has taken a turn for the worse and my health has followed suit. I'm talking about MAN FLU!! I'm bunged up, cant taste my food and going to work today just made things ten times worse. It didnt leave me in good stead for an good night of Poker.

The evening began for me at 08:30pm when I entered the £2k Mini Turbo BH (I was a bit cheeky and saved £10 by not eating out for lunch so lazily invested it into playing the mini)

I started of well.Picked my spots and slowly built up a stack however the illusive moment came when I eventually got knocked out in 131st place

The hand is as follows below. Please give me your opinion
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    sick_swans Small blind   200.00 200.00 9767.50
    Cheezi21RY Big blind   400.00 600.00 7438.75
      Your hole cards

jawzindawz Fold        
    BOYDID Fold        
    Tahtrizzle Raise   1100.00 1700.00 4490.00
    BRAHER Fold        
    sick_swans Fold        
    Cheezi21RY Call   700.00 2400.00 6738.75
    Flop

Cheezi21RY All-in   6738.75 9138.75 0.00
    Tahtrizzle All-in   4490.00 13628.75 0.00
    Cheezi21RY Unmatched bet   2248.75 11380.00 2248.75
    Cheezi21RY Show
    • A
    • J

Tahtrizzle Show

Turn

River

Cheezi21RY Win Flush to the Ace 11380.00   13628.75
    I raised my pair pre-flop which I thought was appropriate. When the flop came, I detected there being a potential flush with two clubs falling. When the 'All in' came, I couldn't find a fold due to my hand however at that stage of the tournament, could anyone find a fold with a pocket pair overcard to the board?

I feel it was the right play but just wanted peoples opinion. Was annoyed a lil in going out but just felt there was nothing else could do in that spot. Dont wanna play scared money.

My main hand won is as follows from the Mini
    Ron2121 Small blind   25.00 25.00 3435.00
    slamdunky Big blind   50.00 75.00 3125.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

bbMike Fold        
    BabyGirl13 Raise   150.00 225.00 2820.00
    Tahtrizzle Call   150.00 375.00 2795.00
    danpar Fold        
    Ron2121 Call   125.00 500.00 3310.00
    slamdunky Fold        
    Flop

• A

Ron2121 Check        
    BabyGirl13 Check        
    Tahtrizzle Bet   100.00 600.00 2695.00
    Ron2121 Call   100.00 700.00 3210.00
    BabyGirl13 Fold        
    Turn

Ron2121 Check        
    Tahtrizzle Bet   350.00 1050.00 2345.00
    Ron2121 Raise   1050.00 2100.00 2160.00
    Tahtrizzle Call   700.00 2800.00 1645.00
    River

Ron2121 All-in   2160.00 4960.00 0.00
    Tahtrizzle All-in   1645.00 6605.00 0.00
    Ron2121 Unmatched bet   515.00 6090.00 515.00
    Ron2121 Show
    • K
    • J

Tahtrizzle Show
    • A

Tahtrizzle Win Two Pairs, Aces and 8s 6090.00   6090.00
    Couldnt understand the Villians play. It points toward bluffing representing the Ace after flop was checked

I then entered a £1,500 BH Direct but admittedly I was very spewy and this was after gathering a big stack which potentially could of help me Satellite into the main.

**Nose running. Excuse me...**

By this time I figured tonight wasnt my night. I played a £1.15 Dym but no joy from that. After a poor display on Sky Poker, I decided to turn to a rival site to see if I would get any joy (Am I able to mention rival sites on the forum or is it just a general code of practice to respect the site your playing on?)

Managed to cash from a $6 buy in for $31 Dollars no overall. I suppose the night wasnt so bad.

Now time to get better.

BR: £184.81

• edited September 2013
    Don't think I'm folding 99 in that spot in that type of tournament. Not a great fan of calling off with it but we beat too much to lay it down, and it's a pretty much dream flop for 99 with less than 15bb.

I'd bin A4o pre generally. Gonna be dominated so often. Turned out villain had nothing but I bet it wasn't a fist pumping call on the river.
  • edited September 2013
    Hand 1 - Should pretty much never be almost 3x'ing at this stage imo. Raising to 800 is better. As played, I call. Just hold next time ;)

Hand 2 - Yeah I fold pre like Harry. Once the preflop aggressor has checked we're fine to bet for value but we should be betting bigger. Turn you should probably fold to the raise, river you should probably fold
  • edited October 2013
    Its been a while since I last posted in this Diary. Apologies for that. Its quite hard to find a balance when it comes to playing Poker, working and holding it down for your family ensuring all sides of the spectrum are happy (its a hard job but somebodies gotta do it. lol)

I wont bore you too much. In the time which i've been away, I have played a couple DYM's as well as a £750 BH which I actually forgot I played Sunday gone. In the time which I have been away however, I have been studying more the game of Poker. Still working on my tilt but im finding at the minute that when I feel im making the correct decisions in a certain spot, even if I lose the hand, im not too annoyed

I made a withdrawal of £75 so my BR had gone down a little however this evening I managed to have one of my best since winning the £600 BH 10.09.2013

From entering the £2k Mini I finished 27th for a cash of £18.77. I then satt'd for 60p into the 8k turbo open to cash £78.71 in 12th place.

For some reason, whilst I cannot complain, I cannot help to feel I could of ran a little deeper during both competitions. My aim was to meet both final tables. Ohhhh well. So it goes, there plenty more tournaments where that came from

Im going to put up some hands in the next couple days for review including a bluff play which I just wonder if other people would do the same

Tomorrow, im gonna try and play some of the points freerolls.

I honestly feel my confidence has gone up a lot. Sometimes you will play and see the people who offer advice in the Forums on the same table as you. I saw Rancid and Larson7 and thought WOW!! Weird I know. I might even sound silly but saying it how it is

Off topic. How easy/hard is it to study and fully understand the Math involved in Poker?

CURRENT BR = 198.78 (this is after the withdrawal and wins)
  • edited October 2013
    So heres the bluff hand

So the scenario was the blind were still small however with everyone folding I thought I could rep a strong hand on the Button. I raised thinking will take down the blinds however got called.

With the flop coming down, decided to raise to represent the flush draw, with the turn, I re-raised big to rep the Flush hit. By the river, I was pot commited so went all in in which the player folded

Would anyone else consider a bluff in this spot or in fairness, was I just extremely lucky?

I was running a little card dead at the time and so just wanted to amass some chips

beano_rs Small blind   30.00 30.00 2910.00
    waggles Big blind   60.00 90.00 3705.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

seane Fold        
    UncleNafe Fold        
    nelfish Fold        
    Tahtrizzle Raise   155.00 245.00 1875.00
    beano_rs Call   125.00 370.00 2785.00
    waggles Fold        
    Flop

beano_rs Bet   60.00 430.00 2725.00
    Tahtrizzle Raise   180.00 610.00 1695.00
    beano_rs Call   120.00 730.00 2605.00
    Turn

beano_rs Bet   60.00 790.00 2545.00
    Tahtrizzle Raise   360.00 1150.00 1335.00
    beano_rs Call   300.00 1450.00 2245.00
    River

• A

beano_rs Check        
    Tahtrizzle All-in   1335.00 2785.00 0.00
    beano_rs Fold        
    Tahtrizzle Muck        
    Tahtrizzle Win   1450.00   1450.00
    Tahtrizzle Return   1335.00 0.00 2785.00
  • edited October 2013
    pre you didn't rep a strong hand on the button you raised in position
    the weak donk bets into you are not usually a sign of strength, so you were right to test them with a raise
    which you followed to its natural conclusion
    nice

• edited October 2013
    pre you didn't rep a strong hand on the button you raised in position the weak donk bets into you are not usually a sign of strength, so you were right to test them with a raise which you followed to its natural conclusion nice
    Posted by GELDY
    Thank you for that. I'll keep that in mind although dont bluff that often. lol
  • edited October 2013
    I actually quite like the play. Pretty risky but no risk no reward and all that :) Were you setting up the raises sizes to leave yourself a jamming river stack? It's the perfect river card for us, but well done for following it through anyway. I know many players that might bottle it on the river.

But like Geldy says, raising the button (esp if folded to us) means we should have a super wide range because of our position. This is why it's always nice to pick up AA/KK on the button as people don't tend to believe our moves.

Congrats on 2 deep runs and cashes. I was out of both main and mini by 8.35!

Ps- yes, I know the mini only starts at 8.30 ;)
  • edited October 2013
    I played a hand almost exactly the same as this.  Its in my diary somewhere.  Think i stacked off something like 17k at 150/300 blinds on K high against the only other big stack on the table!

Love the move.

CORRECTION - 27k at 300/600 blind levels with K high. Lol.
  • edited October 2013
    @hhyftrftdr thanks for that. In fairness, I expected a fold on the Turn due to villian beliving I hit flush but by the time the River card hit, I kinda had to say 'F it' and put it all in the middle hoping he hit nothing on the board. The bet sizing was strong. Suppose come the River, its quite polarising for the Villian

Again. Not doing that one in a hurry though. Can tell you after that play with my heart in my mouth, I tightened up! lol

Thank you for the congrats. I did see yourself and some of the other regs playing.  Learning a lot from you guys. Certainly helping my Poker game grow

@gazza127 LMAO! I think your renowned for the big moves. Its all good though. 
  • edited October 2013
    @hhyftrftdr thanks for that. In fairness, I expected a fold on the Turn due to villian beliving I hit flush but by the time the River card hit, I kinda had to say 'F it' and put it all in the middle hoping he hit nothing on the board. The bet sizing was strong. Suppose come the River, its quite polarising for the Villian Again. Not doing that one in a hurry though. Can tell you after that play with my heart in my mouth, I tightened up! lol Thank you for the congrats. I did see yourself and some of the other regs playing.  Learning a lot from you guys. Certainly helping my Poker game grow @gazza127 LMAO! I think your renowned for the big donk moves. Its all good though. 
    Posted by Tahtrizzle
    Edited for accuracy :)
  • edited October 2013
    So after the high's of last night, I finally came crashing down to the reality of Poker...or did I.

I'm currently off work with a Thumb infection so took it upon myself to play a freeroll and a buonty hunter.

The results you ask...??

Well. I finished 22nd out of 207 for 0.15p. I just noticed. Does anyone use their Poker points because for a small freeroll, it dont seem worth it to play for £5.40p. Not promoting other sites but some allow you to use your FPP to enter events whilst not touching your BR. Anyway, just saw it as a little training session but dont think ill be coming back to a freeroll unless the stakes are higher.

In the afternoon, I decided the play a £300 BH however finish out of the cash in 16/67th.

Now hears the thing. I feel I have a problem with 'cant fold' syndrome. It tends to affect players who have built up a healthy stack in the early stages in a Tourn, playing premium hands aggressive and are flying well above the average stack with BIGS that can last forever however, as it comes to the mid/late stages, you get bored of folding, folding, folding and you just wanna play so in the end you bleed some chips. I did it a bit yesterday as well but manged to come good in the end. Today I was 3rd in chips in the BH but think I eventually was my own downfall as I was confident that I could cash.

How do you distract yourself especially when in a good position? I know it might seem like rocket science sometimes to fold but with me, if its not one thing, its the other. Im slowly managing tilting now holding my concentration in good spots tourn wise is now an issue.

I said I will put up some hands for review last night. I will do so tomorrow. Some you might see my play as terrible and thats the truth. I'm gonna put about 5-7 good/bad plays tomorrow. I'm leaving myself open to the jury. I think im pokered out until Sunday, will now study some more, read some posts, watch videos and update my blog

Thanking you all

Poker...the never ending game

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Waking up from REALITY to CHASE MY DREAMS!! : Edited for accuracy :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    LOL!! Its entertaining but in a good way
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Waking up from REALITY to CHASE MY DREAMS!! : Edited for accuracy :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Sigh.

You love it really.
  • edited October 2013
    I'm doing absolutely nothing with my day off (rock and roll) until the Main Event so I can answer that post of yours, or at least try.

Did I read it right that you've been leading the way in various tournaments a few times but start to bleed chips and end up busting?

The best way to combat this is to really look to pick the best spots, and always look to play position (this is the case anyway but worth repeating). We need to have the right amount of aggression, without spilling over into spewy territory, and this can be a fine margin. 

So for example, we're halfway through a tournament and cruising towards the top chip counts. On our table will probably be a couple of shorties, a medium or 2 and a larger stack (on average of course). Table dynamic is gonna factor into a lot of the play. We should be raising any playable hand if its folded to us on the button (pretty standard). Whisper this, but sometimes I fold the button if I have a really junky hand, even with a big stack. I'd look to apply the pressure on the medium sized stack. So a MSS raises from UTG+1, we have K9s on the button. This is a great spot to 3bet; its a simple fold to a 4bet, or we win the hand pre, or we take a flop in position with the betting lead vs a villain who should be aware that it's potentially their tournament on the line if push comes to shove. Should we have been dealt K9s UTG, then I'd be more inclined to open fold unless the table is very passive. 

Don't be afraid to minraise fold to a short stack. I wouldn't make a habit of it though, and if dealt 3 8 on the button and both blinds are playing 15bb or so, then raising here wouldn't be a great move I feel. But having to min raise fold to a SS the odd time can play into our hands when we pick up a premium hand. Don't look to set mine vs a shortstack, and I'd avoid playing a really big pot with a small pocket pair.

Also, don't get too downbeat if you've been leading the way for ages and then suddenly find yourself somewhat off the pace. You can't stop other players from catching up, it's inevitable. I had it in the Primo a few weeks back where we were quite deep into the tournament and I think I had double the chips of 2nd place. But I lost a couple of flips, a few others chipped up and before I knew it I was down to 5th place. But this is poker. If we can retain an average stack (or more), we have a great chance of reaching the final table at the business end of the tournament.

As said, all the above is subject to table dynamic, image and villain tendencies, as well as tournament type. People will call all in wider in a BH for example. 
  • edited December 2013
    Good Morning Community

Before I begin, I just thought I’ll wish everyone in the community a very Merry Christmas. I have had an eventful several months on Sky Poker with its ups and most certainly its downs.

I’m a bit disappointed however…

I started a diary months back which stopped. I started another one which stopped again. I always spoke about wanting to be a better poker player and while in some elements I believe I have improved, I feel I have lost on a vast amount of knowledge which I could have taken from members of the community. The work/family/poker balance I can honestly tell you is hard and when it does come to play in the evening, the volume is just not what I feel is enough to maintain some consistency.

I’ll keep grinding on though. I’m not giving up...

The New Year is approaching but I don’t want to use it as an incentive to better my game. The change is occurring already. My focus will purely be on the following

-               Contributing to the Sky Poker community rather than be a fly on the wall

-               Making some poker buddies online (sounds sad but feel will help)

-               Posting hands from any Tournaments or Cash games played

Currently my SS balance stands at £50.05 however I have approx £160 in Sky account. Over the past several months I’ve made withdrawals but have deposited and built up a small BR.

I will be using my Sky account balance to give an indication where I stand.

As I am starting again my challenge will be as follows

-               Double £160 to £320

My aim is to do this by the end of March 2014. Will definitely keep you posted on my high’s and lows

PS: Do Sky give you anything for being your Birthday?

• edited December 2013
    Morning All

I hope everyone had a very good Christmas and looking forward to the new year

Since writing my last blog, I managed to squeeze some time in playing a few hours of Poker. The schedule was a little different to normal so didnt want to use much of my BR on some of the Main events

This evening, I managed to play the below events
    • £5k UKOPS BH Sat (Finished 29th/42nd)
    • £200 Deep Stack (Finished 4th/43rd)

Couple of my main hands are as follows

Hand one:

mannylad Small blind   15.00 15.00 2835.00
    Tahtrizzle Big blind   30.00 45.00 3105.00
      Your hole cards
    • K

nigel9 Call   30.00 75.00 2850.00
    Gorts11 Call   30.00 105.00 3180.00
    dabasser Call   30.00 135.00 2955.00
    Chrissy_C Fold        
    mannylad Call   15.00 150.00 2820.00
    Tahtrizzle Check        
    Flop

mannylad Check        
    Tahtrizzle Bet   55.00 205.00 3050.00
    nigel9 Fold        
    Gorts11 Call   55.00 260.00 3125.00
    dabasser Fold        
    mannylad Call   55.00 315.00 2765.00
    Turn

mannylad Check        
    Tahtrizzle Bet   150.00 465.00 2900.00
    Gorts11 Call   150.00 615.00 2975.00
    mannylad Fold        
    River

Tahtrizzle Bet   300.00 915.00 2600.00
    Gorts11 Fold        
    Tahtrizzle Muck        
    Tahtrizzle Win   615.00   3215.00
    Tahtrizzle Return   300.00 0.00 3515.00

Think this is pretty much standard with top pair, decent kicker. Felt I had a made hand here to continue. It didnt last long though. I just felt during this Tourney, I never had the right mentality to continue so admittedly was playing very nitty.

My tournament life ended on the below hand

Hand two

dabasser Small blind   200.00 200.00 3897.50
    Chrissy_C Big blind   400.00 600.00 3860.00
      Your hole cards
    • A

72off5uit Fold        
    Tahtrizzle Raise   1000.00 1600.00 1590.00
    nigel9 Fold        
    mazio Fold        
    dabasser All-in   3897.50 5497.50 0.00
    Chrissy_C Fold        
    Tahtrizzle All-in   1590.00 7087.50 0.00
    dabasser Unmatched bet   1507.50 5580.00 1507.50
    dabasser Show

Tahtrizzle Show
    • A

Flop

• K
    • Q

Turn

River

dabasser Win Pair of 7s 5580.00   7087.50

It will be interesting to get an intake on playing A T at this point in the Toiurnament. Looking back, I probably could of waited for a better spot but feel might of played with too much haste plus on top of that, was looking for a spot to double up stack

• edited December 2013
    After playing with no success in Satellite, I decided to play the £200 Deep Stack

I last played this on the 22.12.2013 where I finished 8th/47th however this time, managed to finish 4th. Throughtout the Tournament, I feel it was mine to lose as maintained the chip lead for a large part of the Tournament. The turning point came in the below hand.
    noman07 Small blind   1500.00 1500.00 62845.00
    Tahtrizzle Big blind   3000.00 4500.00 48422.50
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • K

jojayabbs Fold        
    smallstack Raise   6000.00 10500.00 40562.50
    noman07 Fold        
    Tahtrizzle Call   3000.00 13500.00 45422.50
    Flop

Tahtrizzle Check        
    smallstack Bet   3000.00 16500.00 37562.50
    Tahtrizzle All-in   45422.50 61922.50 0.00
    smallstack All-in   37562.50 99485.00 0.00
    Tahtrizzle Unmatched bet   4860.00 94625.00 4860.00
    Tahtrizzle Show
    • K
    • K

smallstack Show

Turn

River

smallstack Win Three 8s 94625.00   94625.00
    A min-raise pre-flop I feel was a standard play. Come the flop, had an o/p to the board . I moved all in after bet but looking at the hand, I wouldnt of thought a set was within villians range. Felt kings were the strongest hand...

...on this occasion, they weren't

ANYWAY. 4th place cash £23.65 won. I wonbe back till next Sunday. Until then, please feel free to comment. I'll be around to view.

SS Balance: £65.60     Sky Acct: £193.09

PS: Do you get a gift from Sky Poker in it being your birthday.
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Trizzle

Just been reading your diary. The hardest part ( for me anyway ) is to keep up the posting when your on a downswing, but thats when your when your likely to learn more about your game (when your losing). 

Looking at a cpl of the hands above . the A 10 i,d just get it all in as you,ve less than ten big blinds and you know your not folding after a raise anyway with your stack size, although it would have ended in the same result, but if you do that everytime you might just let someone in who would have folded to an all in , on another day

Same for the KK . I,d get it all in after someone before you has min raised, but again it would have ended in the same result. Just unlucky

GL with rest of diary. An interesting read

Paul
  • edited December 2013
    Hi Trizzle Just been reading your diary. The hardest part ( for me anyway ) is to keep up the posting when your on a downswing, but thats when your when your likely to learn more about your game (when your losing).  Looking at a cpl of the hands above . the A 10 i,d just get it all in as you,ve less than ten big blinds and you know your not folding after a raise anyway with your stack size, although it would have ended in the same result, but if you do that everytime you might just let someone in who would have folded to an all in , on another day Same for the KK . I,d get it all in after someone before you has min raised, but again it would have ended in the same result. Just unlucky GL with rest of diary. An interesting read Paul
    Posted by MP33
    Your telling me @MP33. Im just trying to keep motivated during downswing moments. They happen so need to learn to accept them more. 

Thanks for looking at hands. I would of got it in anyway yeah. Its a blackjack hand (less one) so was worth playing. Also the KK, more often than not, its a +ev move.

gl @ the tables
  • edited January 2014
    Morning People

First and formost, I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and hope everyones Poker wishes come true.

Heres the story so far...

This evening have played a few games but admittedly am too tired to get in more volume from the DYM's. An excuse it sounds yes but when you have expended most your energy on a energertic 2 year old, it certainley aint easy (I tried to squeeze a nap in the afternoon only to shout 'DADDY' and bounce the iPad on my poor head. lol

...anyway enough of that. This evening, I played in the following events
    • £300 Free Cash FR (20pt) (Result 23rd/899 for £3.56)
    • £200 Deep Stack (5th/58th for £23.20)
    • £2,000 Mini Roller (Finished 93rd £0.00)
    • 2 x £3.00 DYM (Finished 2nd, 2nd)
    Overall a great evening albeit being slightly tired however for the second week in a row, I managed to reach the final table involving the £200 Deep stack but once again got knocked out by trips when holding two pair. Dont think I could of avoided again but can nark a little bit being knocked out the same way as last week. Grrrr...
    goldnballz Small blind   1000.00 1000.00 92450.50
    Tahtrizzle Big blind   2000.00 3000.00 59320.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

candie2011 Fold        
    chewy16916 Call   2000.00 5000.00 31154.50
    paulsmoney Fold        
    goldnballz Call   1000.00 6000.00 91450.50
    Tahtrizzle Check        
    Flop

• J
    • A

goldnballz Check        
    Tahtrizzle Bet   3650.00 9650.00 55670.00
    chewy16916 Fold        
    goldnballz Call   3650.00 13300.00 87800.50
    Turn

goldnballz Check        
    Tahtrizzle All-in   55670.00 68970.00 0.00
    goldnballz Call   55670.00 124640.00 32130.50
    goldnballz Show

Tahtrizzle Show
    • A
    • J

River

goldnballz Win Three 4s 124640.00   156770.50
    Feel this was the defining moment for me on the Final Table with Goldnballz going on to win. A genuine congratulations. Dont think I could of avoided.

In the Mini Roller, I dont feel again I completely had my focus in the game. Need to keep in mind that it is a Marathon not a spring and sometimes not play so super aggro early. DYM play I feel was quite standard in how to play as going up the levels whilst it was good to cash on a little something on the freeroll.

It's way past my bedtime now. Ill leave you with current balance

SS: £92.26              Sky Poker Account: £208.75

Slowly edging towards my initial goal of bankrolling from £160 to £300.

I'll be back Tuesday but in between, ill definately be trolling the other pages taking inspiration from other players from the community.

Before I disappear, must give credit to 'peter27', love reading your Diary and how your getting on. I did write on the unlucky 'page 13' which isnt showing but just too say keep up the good work

Back in a couple days
  • edited January 2014
    Any reason for jamming 56k into a 13k pot on the turn? ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Any reason for jamming 56k into a 13k pot on the turn? ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Honestly. At the time, was very pot committed being final table. I wanted to win but can see aggression was not controlled. 

In hindsight, if put smaller bet on turn, if re-raised, can put in a range of hands n still provide possibility in folding and still being in tourney

• edited January 2014
    Back to the tables this evening. I came in with a buzz to bink one of the Main Tournaments. Unfortunatly I dont feel it was my day Poker wise.

Tourneys played
    ------------------
    • £3k Mini Turbo (Result 608/638: Cant say I got out the blocks on this one but funnily enough smiled through being knocked out)
    • £5k Turbo Open (Result 75th/666: Had a bit of a rollercoaster in this one. Close to the bubble but unforunately never made it through
    • £250  Sky BH (Result: 4th/215th for £19.22)
    • 4 x £3.30 DYM (Result, 1st, 1st, 1st, 6th)
    • 1 x £5.50 DYM (Result 6th)

The year has just started. Can say im happy with game but I feel I need more controlled aggresion in my game and patience.

Really need to up my volume. Am starting to wonder if playing in the Mains and Minis are stopping me from multi tabling properly playing DYMs.

I'll be back Sunday but think if I dont Sat into a Tourney, I will put in a bunch of volume playinfg DYMs

• edited January 2014
    Oops I forgot

SS: £78.68 (figures changed since last post. Dont think it reg other games played)

Sky Poker Account: £204.39
  • edited January 2014
    I cant believe im still up.

Today has been a rather long day with not much time to even think about Poker. When entewrtaining the Family when they come on a Sunday. It can take a awful lot outta ya.

It was my intentions to have a grinding evening but by the time it came to settle down and play, I didnt have the grind in my. I have practically played Poker 1/2 sleep this evening

Tournaments played
    =============
    • £3,000 BH Sat (Satellite in 2nd place)
    • £3,000 BH (Finished 126th/341st) + 5.86 Head prizes
    • £2,000 Mini Roller (9th/340th place) + £68.00

Analysis

=====

I generally play on Sky Poker twice a week. Not all the time I cash but do have quite a few deep runs. I dont know why but I sometimes have this sense of disappointment even though to everyone else, I probably havent done to badly

Exit hand £2,000 Mini

DOUBLESNO7 Small blind   3000.00 3000.00 275992.26
    daveyt86 Big blind   6000.00 9000.00 351947.72
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Tahtrizzle Raise   18000.00 27000.00 55111.76
    _DAC_ Call   18000.00 45000.00 63738.06
    supercrazy All-in   174478.48 219478.48 0.00
    DOUBLESNO7 Fold        
    daveyt86 Fold        
    Tahtrizzle All-in   55111.76 274590.24 0.00
    _DAC_ All-in   63738.06 338328.30 0.00
    supercrazy Unmatched bet   92740.42 245587.88 92740.42
    Tahtrizzle Show
    • Q
    • Q

_DAC_ Show
    • A

supercrazy Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

Turn

River

• J

supercrazy Win Pair of Aces 245587.88   338328.30

Cannot see much more I could of done. Kind of kicking myself as the prize pot doubled after 9th.

Ohhhh well. Suppose I cant be to upset

Current SP Balance: £258.10

Edging closer to my initial £300 target. Really do need to up the volume though if im to suceed.

Its my birthday come 17/01 so your all free to donate some money to me. Sky Poker you've taken quite a bit of my money so wouldn't mind it back

Night All

• edited May 2014
    118 days since I last wrote a post in my personal diary

Sometimes it can be hard to come back to your Diary especially if a couple of occasions you set out challenges but life gets in your way of acheiving them goals. You wonder if you should start a new post or continue on from where you left off as its shows your progress into eventually becoming that finished article. I'm sticking with the latter as its something which I can personally reflect on showing my progress or any inspiration which can possibly be taken from my ups and downs.

With that said, I continue my journey with a challenge called 100!!

It's along the lines of 24 however its 100 hours dedicating my time in improving my game as a cash player. I will focus mainly on Cash games and will play the odd satellite in the meantime if my BR allows me. 

My aim of this challenge is as follows

1) Improve my cash play and display more patients in decisions made

2) Build up my BR and C4p in the process to play in freeroll tournaments

My BR will begin at £60 where i hope to build up £150 AT MINIMUM after 100 hours. The idea is not to set high exepectations but more to improve my cash game and move up the levels