You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay!

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat
"Any 2 cards can win it"

Getting 5 callers pre-flop with hands like 7-2 off and then they get lucky hitting trips/quads

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Morning all!

Great to see so many of you (sober and otherwise) in Birmingham at the weekend and looking forward to gracing the Sky Poker sofa once more this evening.

Yes, we're live on the box tonight and starting at 7pm on Ch 861 we have a whole evening of Sky gaming entertainment.

Your hosts?

Me

and him

Coverage commences with a one hour Mastercash sesh.

Then from 8-10pm I'll be standing down for 2 hours. Stop cheering please, that's rude. And taking my place will be a familar face to long-time Sky Poker viewers.

Sean Boyce!

He'll be joined by special guests Michael Shinners, David Ord and Ed Quigley (as well as Tikay- well, he can't have it all) for a Royal Ascot preview. They'll be discussing Sky Bet markets, likely runners and answering your questions. And we have 5 x £25 free Sky bets to give away for the best questions. See below for contact details.

Then, Pinky and Perky are back together at 10 and we'll go full steam ahead till midnight with Tops of the Pots, followed by live coverage in the last hour of the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

Meanwhile, keep all your regular stuff coming in, whether it be a question, a main event, mini event or Mastercash hand request or a funny or interesting poker or non-poker message.

Our side topic tonight-

What phrase, saying or poker term gets right on your nerves?
    And why?

E.g. "one time!" "I knew you had me beat" (Why did you call then?) "I'll pay you off" "So sick" "That's poker!"

I'm sure Tikay will have a few- let's ruffle his feathers!

Stick everything either on here, via email skyopen@bskyb.com, or tweet it to #skypokertv

And see you tonight at 7!
  • edited June 2013
    "Sort it out Sky" gotta be the most annoying thing i see on the forum !

Tikay - just a message to say i'm really enjoying playing PLO8 at the moment.
    Still lots to learn but its a great game.
    Oh and GL in Vegas!
    Mick
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay!:
    "Sort it out Sky" gotta be the most annoying thing i see on the forum ! Tikay - just a message to say i'm really enjoying playing PLO8 at the moment. Still lots to learn but its a great game. Oh and GL in Vegas! Mick
    Posted by VespaPX
    Lol Vespa. Do you think we should all use that catchphrase in everyday life? My bus is late...sort it out Sky!
  • edited June 2013
    "Any 2 cards can win it" Getting 5 callers pre-flop with hands like 7-2 off and then they get lucky hitting trips/quads
    Posted by greggo1410

Nice.

How about announcing to the table on a 7-K-J-7-2 board, after you folded your 7-2 pre-flop due to 3 all-ins that you would have made the full house? 

If you had still been in the hand and beaten everyone, then of course you would have made the worst call in poker history, so your announcement is utterly irrelevant.

I actually tend to do this one myself, so I'm owning up here.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay! : Lol Vespa. Do you think we should all use that catchphrase in everyday life? My bus is late...sort it out Sky!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Could use it for the bad weather !!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay! : Nice. How about announcing to the table on a 7-K-J-7-2 board, after you folded your 7-2 pre-flop due to 3 all-ins that you would have made the full house?  If you had still been in the hand and beaten everyone, then of course you would have made the worst call in poker history, so your announcement is utterly irrelevant. I actually tend to do this one myself, so I'm owning up here.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Not me having 7-2 off thats the other players, I'm playing with AK suited 3x bet and get 5 callers and get beat to quads with 7-2 off. And then you ask why they say "Any 2 cards can win". That phrase really does wind me up
  • edited June 2013

It's a never ending game...........;)
  • edited June 2013
    "Deuce". Call it a 2 for heaven's sake.
  • edited June 2013
    Wiiiiiiii, great to see Sean back, one of Sky Poker's best ever presenters, imo. Always seemed to have a real enthusiasm for the game, wonder if he still has? Kind of disappointed it looks like he'll be kept separate from the poker tonight but still looking forward to the show a lot.

Just need Norman Pace (him and Ed were also one of the best duos Sky Poker has ever had imo) back now too :-) Noticed him on "Pointless" the other day, wonder if we'll ever see him here again.

Have a great show all involved, looks set to be a cracker!

Ps. Not particularly keen on the term 'lolpro' personally. Think it's pretty offensive and shows a degree of arrogance on the part of the speaker. Could be wrong though, not particularly down with all the speak lol.
  • edited June 2013
    "Deuce". Call it a 2 for heaven's sake.
    Posted by FCHD
    And "Trey" its a 3
  • edited June 2013
    The phrase "one time" after an allin.
    Do you really want to hit only "one time" really bugs me esp live.

Pat
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay! : Not me having 7-2 off thats the other players, I'm playing with AK suited 3x bet and get 5 callers and get beat to quads with 7-2 off. And then you ask why they say "Any 2 cards can win". That phrase really does wind me up
    Posted by greggo1410
    Lol- I know Gregg, I was giving a different example. I think I worded it wrong and it sounded like I was talking about yours.

Good shout though, I'll definitely read yours out tonght.
  • edited June 2013
    Royal Ascot Question for the panel

It is widely reported in the racing media that horses with polytrack form run well at Ascot (above expectation)

Do any of the panel have any evidence of this actually being the case? I feel it is a case of results bias were it is only mentioned when it happens and not when it does not

Thanks looking forward to the show and good to see Mr Boyce back on sky poker.
  • edited June 2013
    The phrase "one time" after an allin. Do you really want to hit only "one time" really bugs me esp live. Pat
    Posted by day4eire76
    I know exactly what you mean. It suggests that either they've never had their cards hold up before in their lives, or they've never hit their draw before.

Also, if the poker genie granted their wish for it to happen "one time" they'd never win a hand again.

"An infinite number of times!" would be a better shout, imo.
  • edited June 2013
    Hi guys, 

Could you tell me who the guy was handing out the name badges at Brum and how I get intouch with him.  He wanted to know what I thought of the new software and I have a few ideas.

Nice to meet you both and hopefully see you in Notts.

James
  • edited June 2013
    Does the panel think that, from next year, they should name a race in honour of Sir Henry Cecil? 

Does the panel think that it will be easier for punters to pick the winners of the big handicaps or the group races this year?
  • edited June 2013
    Question for Sean

Does he think, this is the year of the small trainers at Royal Ascot?
    With Phil Mc Entee's Baytown Kestrel in the Queen Mary
    George Margarason's Excellent Guest in the Royal Hunt Cup
    Ruth Carr's Al Muheer
    and
    Mrs K Burke's Libretarian and Yeeoow 
    Who does he think will be the surprise trainer at the meeting?

And More importantly with John Dunlop retiring and the very sad passing of Henry Cecil has training horses changed forever?

• edited June 2013
    Hi guys,  Could you tell me who the guy was handing out the name badges at Brum and how I get intouch with him.  He wanted to know what I thought of the new software and I have a few ideas. Nice to meet you both and hopefully see you in Notts. James
    Posted by Donttelmum

Hi - we've PM'd you.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited June 2013
    Hi guys, would normally be tuning into the show tonight but will unfortunately be driving back down south from sunny newcastle!!! dissapointed to be missing the show as i know the great man will be on tonight, entertaining us with his bits and pieces on roads, bridges, tarmac, planes and all sort's of other highly interesting stuff!!! Oh & ofcourse Orford's excellent presenting to boot!!!
    will be tuning into sunday's show as usual...Hope you all have a great show!!! Stuart!!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay!:
    Morning all! Great to see so many of you (sober and otherwise) in Birmingham at the weekend and looking forward to gracing the Sky Poker sofa once more this evening. Yes, we're live on the box tonight and s tarting at 7pm on Ch 861 we have a whole evening of Sky gaming entertainment. Your hosts? Me and him Coverage commences with a one hour  Mastercash  sesh. Then from 8-10pm I'll be standing down for 2 hours. Stop cheering please, that's rude. And taking my place will be a familar face to long-time Sky Poker viewers. Sean Boyce! He'll be joined by special guests Michael Shinners, David Ord and Ed Quigley (as well as Tikay- well, he can't have it all) for a Royal Ascot preview . They'll be discussing Sky Bet markets, likely runners and answering your questions. And we have 5 x £25 free Sky bets to give away for the best questions. See below for contact details. Then, Pinky and Perky are back together at 10 and we'll go full steam ahead till midnight with  Tops of the Pots , followed by live coverage in the last hour of the Sky Sports Bounty Hunter . Meanwhile, keep all your regular stuff coming in, whether it be a question, a main event , mini event or M a stercash hand request or a funny or interesting poker or non-poker message. Our side topic tonight- What phrase, saying or poker term gets right on your nerves? And why?   E.g. "one time!" "I knew you had me beat" (Why did you call then?) "I'll pay you off" "So sick" "That's poker!" I'm sure Tikay will have a few- let's ruffle his feathers! Stick everything either on  here , via email   skyopen@bskyb.com , or tweet it  to   #skypokertv And see you tonight at 7!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I'll be watching Mr. Awfull...think ya a great presenter...Think I'll watch with my scuber diving get up on tonight...I fancy a change !
  • edited June 2013

Thanks chaps- nice to know you'll be in full diving gear tonight Frank.

Anyone else watching in unusual get-up?

• edited June 2013
    I will be dressed as Tikay. I do it everytime he's on the telly box. During the breaks I look at ducks on concrete blocks and stick pins into my davina macool voodo doll. Honest
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks chaps- nice to know you'll be in full diving gear tonight Frank. Anyone else watching in unusual get-up?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I will be wearing my Wild patterened shirt as I did at the SPT Birmingham but tonight i may wear the matching trousers seeing as you said our normal trousers where disgusting when you interviewed us. great weekend
  • edited June 2013
    I will be dressed as Tikay. I do it everytime he's on the telly box. During the breaks I look at ducks on concrete blocks and stick pins into my davina macool voodo doll. Honest
    Posted by cenachav
    I wonder if Teagay knows how old concrete is...Oh, and reinforced concrete can be dangerous! Why? ask teagay tonight! lol
  • edited June 2013
    Sorry!!!!

If you are sorry for making a bad call and then hitting,,,,,,, dont call in the first place. I play live with a guy who is prone to upending the table if anyone makes a really bad call, hits and apologises, LOL
  • edited June 2013
    Sorry!!!! If you are sorry for making a bad call and then hitting,,,,,,, dont call in the first place. I play live with a guy who is prone to upending the table if anyone makes a really bad call, hits and apologises, LOL
    Posted by pacman599
    ha! oh and wasting paper and ink again disgustipating waste of commodities!
  • edited June 2013

Poker seems to spin up a lot of weird phrases.  One I use all the time is "this guy sucked out on me."  This one always gets me a few concerned looks when discussing poker with people who don't regularly play.  It makes me wonder who termed that one, probably on a dare.

The one that really gets my goat usually occurs after being sucked out on: "sry".  It's just a game, you don't have to apologise every time you get a little fortunate.  The only other place that happens is in snooker.  I always find that a bit odd as well.

• edited June 2013
    'It's a raising hand, not a calling hand'  This annoys me intensely.
  • edited June 2013
    The one that really gets my goat usually occurs after being sucked out on: "sry".  It's just a game, you don't have to apologise every time you get a little fortunate.  The only other place that happens is in snooker.  I always find that a bit odd as well.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    I don't mind a nice polite "sorry" when someone gets lucky and knocks you out, sure beats them shouting BOOM in your face, banging the table and grabbing the chips.

I've started saying "must be nice" in general conversation, gets some strange looks sometimes.
  • edited June 2013
    i no i'm beat, but i call!!!!