You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay!

Comments

• edited June 2013

Some shocking news breaking from Gatwick Airport about that massive fire. Thankfully, no one injured. Feel sorry for all them transatlantic flights now delayed by 24-36 hours though.

See if you can start a Wembley wave Rich.....go on, you know you want to.

Good to see you both at the w/end at that tea festival.

GL to Tikay in Vegas.
  • edited June 2013
    Back to my point about saying sorry.  I find that when people feel like they have to say sorry it is because the game isn't being played in the right spirit.  If someone is clearly upset after being knocked out of a tournament this is when someone might feel the need to apologise, because the atmosphere has gone all awkward.  If the atmosphere was always jovial, nobody would ever feel the need to apologise.  It would be great.
  • edited June 2013
    Managed to get an hour's mastercash in before i leave!!! Bonus!!! And yes its still a great show!!! lol
  • edited June 2013
    The route Tikay......A1....M18.....M1 Down to junc 14
    as for the bridges, there not really my forte so not so sure!!
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Tikay!:
    Back to my point about saying sorry.  I find that when people feel like they have to say sorry it is because the game isn't being played in the right spirit.  If someone is clearly upset after being knocked out of a tournament this is when someone might feel the need to apologise, because the atmosphere has gone all awkward.  If the atmosphere was always jovial, nobody would ever feel the need to apologise.  It would be great.
    Posted by Wilhelm
    I don't think there is anything wrong with expressing the fact you have been lucky if for example you call an all in with aq and find you are up against ak and you hit your queen. The time I find it annoying is in games with poor players in when they call big bets  for a gut shot with a card to come, hit it and then apologise. Why do it  if you are going to say sorry if it comes off, aagghh
  • edited June 2013

Evening gents, lovely to meet u both at SPT, slight correction James did not win the Saturday side, just after 5am we decided to deal. with James coming in 3rd place.  Already looking forward to Nottingham and Tikay I love you x
  • edited June 2013
    Two hours with nothing to do, Rich?

How about a timed tournament or two, for old times sake?
  • edited June 2013
    Hello to all.

Love the change to racing and looking forward to the show ; a definite Sky Plus recording for me .

Got a question re Ascot . What's your opinion of the performance of Dawn Approach  in the Derby at Epsom ?.
    & possible after effects re. it's St James Palace stakes entry.

have a great show.
  • edited June 2013
    Enjoyed my hour of mastercash...will be leaving shortly, will try get back to before the end of the show!!! really dont think thats going to happen but will give it a go!!! great start to the show fellas!!! Enjoy ur evening!!!!
  • edited June 2013
    In the past, previous course and distance winners have had a good record in handicaps at Royal Ascot.
    Does Sean think this should be something to look out for when studying the race card?
    Are there any previous winners he thinks can do the business next week?
    Has he backed any horses ante post himself?
  • edited June 2013
    I'm in.
    After months of trying to satellite into the 12K Bounty Hunter I made it, now head down and make the final table...
  • edited June 2013
    Live play when someone proudly announces "TWO PAIR" when the board is for example AK559 and they're holding 22 or some other miserable pair, in the hope of getting someone to muck something like k10 or A3.
     It's just dirty tactics in my opinion.
  • edited June 2013
    I know you cant please everyone all the time, but im not a lover of the format tonight. Just tuned in to watch bounty hunter.. If i wanted this id watch at the races!! I know you gotta try different things, but not my cup of tea sorry!!
  • edited June 2013
    Live play when someone proudly announces "TWO PAIR" when the board is for example AK559 and they're holding 22 or some other miserable pair, in the hope of getting someone to muck something like k10 or A3.  It's just dirty tactics in my opinion.
    Posted by HomoDragon
    Can't agree. It's your duty to correctly announce your hand, and that's what you have done. What would you prefer them to say? One pair?
  • edited June 2013
    Hearing your man from Sky Bet wishing he can beat the favourite in the first race, is it feasible that a really bad Ascot meeting could result in a losing year for Sky Bet.  You must be well up by now?
  • edited June 2013
    They must have made a fortune on the Grand National!
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Guys,

Great show so far. Quick question for Longshot, i'm going down to Ascot on Saturday and was wondering if Longshot had to pick one for the mortgage running on Sat, where's your money? I'm liking the look of Triggerman, what do you think?
  • edited June 2013
    I know you cant please everyone all the time, but im not a lover of the format tonight. Just tuned in to watch bounty hunter.. If i wanted this id watch at the races!! I know you gotta try different things, but not my cup of tea sorry!!
    Posted by bigflop1
    Agree 100%. Want to see poker not men talking about horses. I'll be tuning back in at 10 when they've gone
  • edited June 2013
    Went out in 78th in my 1st Sky Poker Main Event. Made £28 in head prizes from a £3.60 all-in satellite. Also running 3rd in a deep stack so quite happy with my nights work.
  • edited June 2013
    What did you do for those two hours Rich?

• edited June 2013
    did not mean to fold jj
  • edited June 2013
    Wanna see a brutal hand from my ME tonight? :p

First time in ages I've played a main, sitting 14th out of 39 and this pot is to go pretty much chip leader.

Hand History #662606411 (22:20 13/06/2013)

• edited June 2013

Interestingly, only mammals hiccup.

Also interestingly, only mammals produce milk for their young.

Coincidence, Tikay?

• edited June 2013

10:50 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 422 551 184 44  
    left 17 29 1    

PENGUIN777 14 11      

• edited June 2013
    poker saying that gets on my nerves- "i knew it was coming" when some ones called your allin with total junk and binks. no they never they just fancied a spin.

any way best of luck to tikay and all the other sky regs out in vegas. #rungolden
  • edited June 2013
    Poker sayings that get on my nerves.  Tintin's hit quads again!
  • edited June 2013
    Good luck Tikay and all the rest of the Sky regulars in Las Vegas.

I failed to cash in my first Main event tonight, a combination of

a) not getting enough value when I did get big hands (e.g. AA, AK, bet and all others folded),
    b) getting a little unlucky just at the wrong times, (e.g. getting it all in with 7s against J7 but seeing a Jack come down on the river) but mostly
    c) just not playing as well as some others on the table

Still, at least I had fun and hope to be in a position to have another crack sometime in the future.

• edited June 2013
    I own a tie very similar to Tikay's.  I was very sad the day my pen leaked in my bre4st pocket and ruined it.
  • edited June 2013
    Poker sayings that get on my nerves.  Tintin's hit quads again!
    Posted by cenachav
    lol.

i dont think once every 5 hands is too much:)

not often enough for my liking
  • edited June 2013
    replying to the tweat about bad players. i think that if you have your bank roll right then you will beat bad players. only if your over your head will they annoy you when they get lucky and hit the tuen/river