You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tikay's WSOP Main Event Update thread - Day 2A from Page 8

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Tikay's WSOP Main Event Update thread:
    There's a table draw up now, which I believe is for Day 2a (although there is the slight possibility it is the table settings as at the very end of 1a, hope someone can clarify) AMAZON Table 375 Seat 1 - Moon Kim (USA) 41,400 chips Seat 2 - Nick Maimone (USA)  93,000 chips Seat 3 - Matt Brady (USA) 30,225 chips Seat 4 - Michael Nia (USA)  124,000 chips Seat 5 - Martin Brinkmann (GER) 57.375 chips Seat 6 - Evan Silverstein (USA) 84.950 chips Seat 7 - Patrick Leonard (GBR) 22,375 chips Seat 8 - Mats Rosen (GBR) 49.875 chips Seat 9 - Tony Kendall (GBR) 24,975 chips Silverstein was the runner-up in Event 9 (the Shootout) for $185K
    Posted by FCHD

hah, & you have pleno on there as well...hope you don't mind listening to the odd hand history or two!

• edited July 2013
    Good luck Tony

Keep the Faith !
  • edited July 2013
    gl Tikay,great thread
  • edited July 2013
    Well done tony,keep it going!..and cheers Ryan for the updates
  • edited July 2013
    Any update re Tikay please??
  • edited July 2013
    Any update re Tikay please??
    Posted by IrishRose

His 'day 2' is on Tuesday rose.
  • edited July 2013
    Very best of luck to you MR Kendall, hope you make day 3 with 100bb!
  • edited July 2013

Evening all (10.30pm Vegas, Monday).

Thank you for all the kind comments, & the Table Draw, & player info.

Yes, I know Patrick Leonard vey well indeed. He lives, breathes & eats poker, & is a high roller. He works for Poker Strategy. Hails from Newcastle (and a crazy mad NUFC supporter), moved to Gibralter to work for Poker Strategy, & recently moved to Hungary with his girlfriend & dogs, & he works from there these days. He has two dogs, one of which has no use of its back legs. Anyone who loves animals as much as he does can't be a bad lad.

He will be Button to my Big, & will attack me relentlessly. That's OK, I have image, & will draw a line in the sand if & when opportunity presents itself.

By an odd quirk, I have a small % of his action, & he has an equal % of mine. It will make no difference to how we play each other.

There are some other sickos on the Table, too, but it makes no odds, if I find the right spot, I'll double up, if I get it wrong, I'll bust. It is Day Two of the biggest poker event in the world, so we can't expect many soft spots.

I have 25,000 @ 250-500/50, so around 50 Bigs excluding antes. That's OK, no rush.

I WILL need to 2xUp at some stage during the day if I am to progress to Day Three, I see no point in trying to make Day Three with 5 bigs or whatever.

Day 1a was fun. Level 1 was painful, as I sunk to 27,000, & it did mess with my head a little bit, but then I found my feet & small-balled up to 36,000 without ever putting much of my stack at risk.

Then came the Table move. The new table was nuts, it was tenner rebuy stuff, & I had no idea how to cope with it, so I mostly sat out. Inevitably, my stack dwindled from 30 odd thousand to 25,000.

I don't have the abilty to force the pace in poker Tourneys, so I'll need a little help from the deck tomorrow. I've not had Kings or Aces once yet, so maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow. If I sink to 15 or 20 Bigs, A-K would do nicely for a shove, & I'll trust to flipping well.

If I don't cash? In truth, I'll be pretty disappointed, but hopefully I'll not show it. Dignity is all. If I could cash, that'd be 4 WSOP Cashes from 5 attempts, & even allowing for variance, I'd be pretty proud of that. 3 from 5, not so much.

Anyway, what will be will be, & I really do appreciate all the support here, elsewhere, & on Twitter.

• edited July 2013

Ryan played a $2,000 Mega Sat last night, it had 36 Main Event seats, & he finished.....39th.

To be honest, he was well disappointed, & has steered clear of The Rio today.

Despite that, he has promised to Update my progress (or lack of) tomorrow, & rail me.

What a top bloke.
  • edited July 2013
    Very best of luck tikay, may the cards be with you!!!!!
  • edited July 2013

Howdie Tony,

Up and at em, I'm looking forward to the end of day 2 interview with 75 bigs left and an even bigger smile on your face, just enjoy it.

Luv

Sue
  • ommomm
    edited July 2013
    Enjoy your day 2 tikay, inspirational that your only playing your first main, gives us all hope that we can play the big one someday. 

Great job on the updates Ryan, puts us in the room with him. 

• edited July 2013

gl tikay, remember your hot-o-meter

• edited July 2013
    Unlucky in the sat Ryan.

Best of luck for day 2 Tikay!
  • edited July 2013
    I'm getting nervous for you Teeks but in a good way.......we believe!!!!!

PS Gutted for you in the sat Scotty........don't kick Tikay's chair away will you?
  • edited July 2013

] this is great stuff tk, makes me fill like i am almost there. good luck for the rest of the tourny.  by the way was out there in december, stayed at treasure island ,and was woken every morning at 4.00 am by some flaming train blowing its horn. hope this isnt happening to you ,but you might enjoy that sort of thing.  very best of luck
  • edited July 2013
    C'mon Teeks
    You're not playing to cash are you! 
    TK FTW

unlucky Ryan in the sat

• edited July 2013
    good luck today tk cant wait for the updates
  • edited July 2013
    Good Luck today TK, heres hoping you hit the best run of cards you've every had Jamie Gold style.

Thanks for the thread and updates to Ryan, we are railing all the way!
  • edited July 2013
    Good luck my friend xxxxx
  • edited July 2013
    Great thread Ryan and unlucky on missing out in the sat.

Good luck for today Tikay.
  • edited July 2013
    Good Luck today TK, heres hoping you hit the best run of cards you've every had Jamie Gold style. Thanks for the thread and updates to Ryan, we are railing all the way!
    Posted by pwr-kite
    theres hope for everyone to win the main event the day jamie gold won it, what a tool he is.
  • edited July 2013
    Good luck today Tikay! 50BBs is loads for you, so you can properly stick it in their eye. :)
  • edited July 2013
    Hey Tikay
    Very best of luck today
    keep grinding and know that you have a fantastic amount of goodwill and people cheering you on
    Nick
  • edited July 2013
    Good luck TK. Every confidence in you.
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013

Ooh, thank you very much!

Fingers crossed for a bit of run-good, & some help from the deck.

The Table looks a bit tough, so the plan is to exploit the image, grow a pair, & play back at some stage.
  • edited July 2013
    Ooh, thank you very much! Fingers crossed for a bit of run-good, & some help from the deck.   The Table looks a bit tough, so the plan is to exploit the image, grow a pair, & play back at some stage.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Got any advice from Orford yet?

He won an SPT side event you know!

Good luck sir!!!
  • edited July 2013
    So about 90 minutes to go until Day 2A kicks off.

Here are the stats on this years main event:

A total of 6,352 entries that creates a total prizepool of over $59,000,000!

First place for this year is over $8,300,000.

4186 players still remain in the hunt.  It's said that we will lose something like 55% of these players over 2A and 2B.
  • edited July 2013
    Just to recap, here is Tikays table draw.  Thanks for FCHD.

There's a table draw up now, which I believe is for Day 2a (although there is the slight possibility it is the table settings as at the very end of 1a, hope someone can clarify)

AMAZON Table 375
    Seat 1 - Moon Kim (USA) 41,400 chips
    Seat 2 - Nick Maimone (USA)  93,000 chips
    Seat 3 - Matt Brady (USA) 30,225 chips
    Seat 4 - Michael Nia (USA)  124,000 chips
    Seat 5 - Martin Brinkmann (GER) 57.375 chips
    Seat 6 - Evan Silverstein (USA) 84.950 chips
    Seat 7 - Patrick Leonard (GBR) 22,375 chips
    Seat 8 - Mats Rosen (GBR) 49.875 chips
    Seat 9 - Tony Kendall (GBR) 24,975 chips

Silverstein was the runner-up in Event 9 (the Shootout) for $185K