You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tikay's WSOP Main Event Update thread - Day 2A from Page 8

Comments

• edited July 2013
    As Tikay said earlier, the most known player is Patrick Leonard.

Great guy and great player.  Puts so much effort in the game and is well known within the poker industry.

Can see him being a bit of a nightmare to sit at a table with, especially if he gets a double up.
  • edited July 2013
    good luck - run well.........
  • edited July 2013
    As ever, producer Dan is working round the clock to film, edit and upload (on a very unstable internet connection) a load of videos from Vegas.

Here's a couple from the past few days.

Tikay and Stuart Rutter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eoQwJskDbc&feature=player_embedded

Tikay and Tatjana 'Tattytats' Pasalic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtxm0COBzuc&feature=player_embedded
  • edited July 2013
    Tikay with Shane Warne - I believe that this, or an edited version, has been going out on Sky Sports News.  Tikay on SSN - who'd have thought?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAPnMfYOCm8
  • edited July 2013
    Good luck today Tikay!
  • edited July 2013
    Tikay - WSOP 2013 Start of day 2a interview - http://bit.ly/1blvbvd

• edited July 2013
    Here are some noteables that made it thru yesterdays day 1C.  They will be playing tomorrow, Day 2B.

59   Stephen   Chidwick   DEAL,   ,      GB   117550   Pavilion   /   115   /   2

I had Stephen on my table last year in the main, and he knocked me out.  Amazing player and always seems to have a very good series but someone who just flies under the radar.  One year he won 100 Main Event packages online.

60   Shaun   Conning   HERTFORDSHIRE,   ,      GB   117475   Amazon   /   386   /   5

Shaun is a very popular player on the UK scene, and known as Claypole online.  Is a regular to the London G.

79   Samuel   Grafton   LEAMINGTON   SPA,   ,   GB   112325   Amazon   /   376   /   5

Sam Grafton played on the latest series of the Sky Sports UK Cash Game.  Very popular guy and puts everyone under so much pressure.

319   Jake   Cody   ROCHDALE,   ,      GB   75200   Amazon   /   381   /   1

Jake needs no introduction.  Winner of a 'triple crown' of an EPT, WPT and WSOP.  Final tabled this years 1k$ Turbo event.

396   Surindar   Sunar   WOLVERHAMPTON,         GB   68800   Amazon   /   347   /   7

Been on the UK scene forever.  Starred in the Danny Boyle movie Trance in the poker scene which also included Barny Boatman and Carlo.

582   Sam   Holden   Eastbourne,   ,      GB   59425   Brasilia   /   50   /   1

Made the 2011 November 9, where he was the shortstack and sadly couldn't find a spot to double so finished 9th.  Believe he had a pretty epic rail that year.  I believe he was also the highest ranking Brit last year too where he made another deep run.

727   Nichiei   Hicks   West   Bridford,   ,   GB   52900   Brasilia   /   5   /   3

Nick Hicks has had an amazing last couple of months.  Final tabled the ISPT and was part of the chop for something like 250k€, then a week later won a major online tournie for close to 200k$.  Got a real good chance for a deep run.

763   Stuart   Rutter   BIRMINGHAM,   ,      GB   51675   Amazon   /   373   /   6

Needs no introudction to Sky regulars.  Has called Vegas home for something close to 2 months and has had a few WSOP cashes this year.

908   David   Vamplew   FIFE,   ,      GB   47500   Brasilia   /   64   /   7

Has had a huge summer.  Came 2nd in bracelet events this year for something like 700k$.  Very professional about poker and seems to treat it in the right way.

1175   Matt   Perrins   MANCHESTER,         GB   39100   Pavilion   /   178   /   4

Won a bracelet in the 5k$ event a few days ago which had an epic rail, so is now the owner of 2 WSOP bracelets.  Interview with him can be found here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdPGSwCqjis

1618   Christopher   Brammer   SOUTHAMPTON,         GB   26500   Brasilia   /   46   /   3

Amazing player and someone who is probably in the top 1pc or 2pc of field in terms of ability.  Gets the absolute LOT online.

1625   Matthew   Ashton   LIVERPOOL,   ,      GB   26375   Brasilia   /   78   /   3

Won the 50k$ Poker Players Championship for 1.7m$ and had a great series in terms of cashes.  Think he is currently leading the player of the year contest

1717   Sam   Trickett   RETFORD-   NOTTS,   ,   GB   24000   Amazon   /   430   /

Sure whoever gets his table draw for 2B will be in for a nightmare!

2178   John   Carew            GB   10875   Pavilion   /   176   /   2

Former Aston Villa striker was here playing.  Sadly on a shortstack but hope he can find the double soon!

• edited July 2013
    Still loving this thread, Ryan. Great work. 

As for you Tikay, you've had more than enough good lucks as far as I'm concerned. So I'll simply say this: If you don't make it to Day 3 you will NEVER hear the end of it from me on the show. Incentive enough? Thought so. Now, go get 'em tiger!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Tikay's WSOP Main Event Update thread:
    C'mon Teeks You're not playing to cash are you!  TK FTW Posted by GELDY
    A false tell imo, he knows his opponents will be doing research, our man is very good at building an image :)

Good luck!
  • edited July 2013
     John Carew !!

Now there's a donkey if i ever saw one :-)
  • edited July 2013
    About 40 minutes into Day 2A and Tikay has around what he started with, minus blinds and antes

Pleno is 2 to his left

http://tinypic.com/r/2quhsli/5
  • edited July 2013
    Three orbits completed in just under an hour, so 27 hands.

Done nothing wrong, done nothing right, done nothing. Not played a hand, not even in my blinds.

I know I lack flair and imagination, but nothing even remotely playable so far.

Will continue to wait a while, not desperate yet.

This is what poker is about, loving it. Be nice to play a hand though.
  • edited July 2013
    Tikay talks to Daniel Negreanu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqnHKJ8ESvQ&feature=youtu.be

To get these videos as soon as they are uploaded, then follow @SkyPokerDan on twitter.
  • edited July 2013
    Please tell me he hasn't fallen asleep at the table again!
  • edited July 2013
    Looks to be around 28,000 now.

25 minutes of this level to go, then we move to 300/600/75a
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    Make it 1,200 UTG+1 with J-J.

4 callers.

Flop A-2-5.

Don't like.

Check.

Check behind, then a bet. I fold.

Checker now check raises. Bettor calls.

Turn......

J

(sigh)

Pot gets huge on 7 river.

Geezer who check raised the flop had a set of fives.........

Sigh again.

Looks like it could have been a huge double up had Tikay seen a turn.
  • edited July 2013
    best of luck tikay.

ryan your doing a great job with these updates, look forward to seeing a whole lot more of them over the nxt few days
  • edited July 2013
    Good updates Ryan - you are the new Richard Prew imo.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Tikay's WSOP Main Event Update thread - Day 2A from Page 8:
    Good updates Ryan - you are the new Richard Prew imo.
    Posted by SoLack
    haha if only!  not a patch on the master of tournie updates. 
  • edited July 2013
    gogogo tony & thanks for the great updates ryan
  • edited July 2013
    We are just on the break and Tikay reports he has lost a couple of small pots and is now on 22,000

With blinds going to 300/600/75 he is not in danger mode just yet, but this could be a crucial level as there is now 1575 in chips up for grabs in every pot, so there will be a lot of attempts by the table to steal/resteal all that dead money.

• edited July 2013
    After being here a month, the WSOP is starting to die down.  As soon as the main day 1s end, the place does get a lot more quieter as there isn't the action going on for the daily deepstack, the mega sats and the SnG sats.

But now the ESPN is in town.  I think they start filming content for the TV shows on Day 3 or 4.  Heres some of the pics of all the rigging taking place around the main feature table at the 'Thunderdome' and also the secondary feature tables.

http://tinypic.com/r/2czasdj/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2cf9o1u/5

http://tinypic.com/r/2lllu94/5
  • edited July 2013
    Patrick Leonard has had a tough level, on something like 19,000.

It also appears that we have lost Neil Channing - seems he ran pretty sick running KK into KK and AA and not hitting some kind of miracle....then finally getting in JJ v T9ss and losing to a running flush.

Tikay is currently doing an interview with a well known former professional footballer and now keen poker player - watch this space for it to be on YouTube ASAP.
  • edited July 2013
    Some chips counts of noteable players

Kevin Williams, winner of a UKOPS event, is reporting a pretty healthy 72k at the break.

Rupert Elder 70k too

Melanie Weisner 130k

Kevin O'Leary 18k

Chris Moorman 28k

Barry Greenstein 21k

Greg Merson 110k

• edited July 2013
    Patrick Leonard has had a tough level, on something like 19,000. It also appears that we have lost Neil Channing - seems he ran pretty sick running KK into KK and AA and not hitting some kind of miracle....then finally getting in JJ v T9ss and losing to a running flush. Tikay is currently doing an interview with a well known former professional footballer and now keen poker player - watch this space for it to be on YouTube ASAP.
    Posted by scotty77
    Scratch that.  Make that TWO former professional footballers.
  • edited July 2013
    Great updates!

Just been catching up with the YouTube videos, and I'm really enjoying watching Teeks' journey. I've been finding them rather emotional and the excitement from the main man is incredibly infectious.

Best wishes!
  • edited July 2013
    Tikay with Mclean Karr http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_KR4NBLc7A&feature=youtu.be
    Posted by scotty77

Which footie team did he play for then? :)
  • edited July 2013
    I had Stephen on my table last year in the main, and he knocked me out.  Amazing player and always seems to have a very good series but someone who just flies under the radar.  One year he won 100 Main Event packages online.

is that a typo ryan?? 100 m/e packages 10 maybe ?