You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tikay's WSOP Main Event Update thread - Day 2A from Page 8

Comments

• edited July 2013
    TK cant wait for u bk on skypoker tv
    hope you win bracelet. Whats it likecand how
    do you motivate yourself and consentrate for them long periods of time
  • edited July 2013
    Tikay with confirmed former football star Teddy Sherringham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKtXbBcg6KQ&feature=youtu.be
  • edited July 2013

Keep at it Tony, very best of luck to you
  • edited July 2013
    Just out of interest, when will we be able to see the coverage of the main event on youtube? Or is it live on ESPN or what?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Tikay's WSOP Main Event Update thread - Day 2A from Page 8:
    Just out of interest, when will we be able to see the coverage of the main event on youtube? Or is it live on ESPN or what?
    Posted by skeg01
    Think they start running the TV episodes from Septermber/October in the US, they are then upload to youtube.
  • edited July 2013
    On 31k at 400/800/100a

In 45 minutes we go for a 90 minute dinner break, and then return to 500/1000/100a.
  • edited July 2013
    2 big names that have pretty decent stacks are Doyle Brunson on 190k and Erik Seidel on 150k.

The UK's John Eames going along nicely on 95k

• edited July 2013
    Patiently bled down to 25,000.

Then found

AQhh

Kid opens in front of me.

I THREE BET (you hear me sunny boy, three bet) to 6,100.

He calls.

Flop of dreams......

Jh5h3s 

He checks, I bet, next case.

Stole the blinds next hand for good measure with complete air, J kicker.

37,000. Might yet make the dinner break, which is 50 minutes hence, with blinds 400-800/100.
  • edited July 2013
    Keep up the good work Tikay and Ryan will follow as long as site is open I believe it shuts down for around 4 hrs at 4am in 1hr.
  • edited July 2013
    28k going into 500/1000/100a

Returns in 90mins.
  • edited July 2013
    Sky will be down for maintenance in an hour(4am uk),is there a twitter or facebook feed we can follow that you can update?
  • edited July 2013
    I'll update on my twitter during the maintainence - @RyanSpittles
  • edited July 2013
    I'll update on my twitter during the maintainence - @RyanSpittles
    Posted by scotty77
    Thanks.

• edited July 2013
    Well what a fantastic ride that was watching it here from the UK, must have been epic to play it.

Well done and hope to see TK back on our screens on Channel 861 soon.

Some other British player will have to take it down on your behalf, next year Orford to enter and now there's a target - to get through Day 2
  • edited July 2013
    ul tikay that the dream has ended but least you have experienced and it was great getting kept up to date on your progress from ryan, hope you had a great time and be good to see you back on tv telling us all about tour experience sir.
  • edited July 2013
    UL Tikay, seems like the exit hand was a standard one - as you know better than all of us, sometimes you just need to flip well. It's been tense following it from here so I can't imagine the buzz of playing the Main!

Sounds like you had a great time in Vegas and looking forward to seeing you back in Blighty. :)
  • edited July 2013

I blame Orford!

Glad you seemed to enjoy the buzz of the Main Event Tikay, and I know you have been an inspiration to me and a few others to one day be there ourselves.....TY for sharing your journey with us.
  • edited July 2013
    Most Grand National winners need a run round the course first.
    You've done something magic and allowed all of us to share the dream!
    Next Year you're going to take it down!
    A very big thank you for taking us on the rollercoaster
    Its been an absoloute pleasure to follow your journey!
  • edited July 2013
    Well played mate and unlucky. 

Really impressive run, I honestly thought you were going to cash. 

Now...can I have my money back please?

;-)
  • edited July 2013
    Good effort Tikay! I know you will be gutted, but it looks like you've had the time of your life, so that's the main thing!
  • edited July 2013
    Best of luck Ryan!.

Ahh What was Tikays exit hand?

Well played anyway Tikay  Sir. Bet it was great experience.
  • edited July 2013
    Best of luck Ryan!. Ahh What was Tikays exit hand? Well played anyway Tikay  Sir. Bet it was great experience.
    Posted by DivsDreams

this is scotty77 tweeet

Sadly we have lost @Tony_Kendall. I saw it and it was a totally standard spot. 3b jam over a BTN raise w K9. Runs into AQ. QJ5J3 board
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013

Hi Tikay,

Hope this has whetted your appetite for 2014 now you've had your first fix of the Main Event; you now know what a buzz it is for us recreational players. You should lead a much bigger contingent of the Sky Poker faithfull to the Rio next year, we all need something to cheer when there's no Football!!!!!!!

Well Done

Luv

Sue
  • edited July 2013
    yup,played TK ul
  • edited July 2013
    Great run mate,looks like you enjoyed it enough to do it all again next year,VIPVIP
  • edited July 2013
    Great run mate,looks like you enjoyed it enough to do it all again next year,VIPVIP
    Posted by SHAUNY
    Vwp!
  • edited July 2013

Evening all.

Well it was not to be, but WHAT an experience, & I don't regret a single thing.

I needed to run better & play better, really, that's the truth. I played MUCH better on Day Two, but could not find that elusive double up. I kept trying to make things happen, but ultimately failed. No excuses.

In 17 hours, I never had Aces or KIngs. I had Queens three times, 2-1 in my favour, all on Day One.

I had J-J THREE Times, & never won a chip.

First time I had two Jacks (both black), raised it up from UTG, & got FIVE callers. (!). It came K-Q-3, ALL Hearts. I gave up! I can't really continue there from UTG.

Next time, three callers, & the flop was A-5-2, two spades. (My Jacks were both red). This was a really peculiar hand. Unbeknown to me, one of those behind me had flopped a set of fives. I did not bet, as I did not want to re-open the betting & face a raise, & was hoping it got checked round. Mistake by me, really. Clearly, 5-5-5 man would likely have done exactly that. And he did. I folded, only to see a Jack appear on the turn. Oooh! Without a doubt, that was my double up opportunity, 5-5-5 man is never folding, & neither was I once I see the Turn. Such is the luck - literally - of the seating draw.

The third time was a complete shambles, & I out-thought myself. It was well into Day Two, & I had around 28,000 at, I think, 500-1,000/100. 

A kid who seemed to know what he was doing had just lost a 150k pot, & was down to 15,000. He had been playing conventionally, A-B-C, & aggressively. Suddenly, UTG, he LIMPED. What? First time he had limped all day.

I gave it a good dwell, then (bad play....) I decided to call, & see what transpired. I mean, he HAS to have Aces here.

It gets round to the Button, who was also 'Arry Aggro, & he now makes it 4,000. Well I asked for that, it was my own fault. And whilst I'm considering what to do now, the UTG limper now jams all-in!

Boom! 

Knew he had Aces, & I happily passed.

'Arry Aggro, playing 230,000+, decided to call, & showed K-Q. 

And UTG Limper now turns over his pocket........TENS!

yh;gptokeprsekrsfhdmhhmdl****ncfhhx.

Talk about out-thinking myself.

K-Q man rivered his K, but if I had played the hand properly, & raised Mr Limper originally, there is no way of knowing if K-Q man gets involved. Another double-up spot missed, then. 

So, two spots to double up, & I missed both, one was just a shade unlucky, the other was an own goal by myself. You can't miss spots like that & expect to progress. 

Anyway, I loved every moment of it. It was a bit painful going into the Cardroom today, & seeing everyone still playing, but it's only poker.

My biggest & best memory is all the warmth & support shown here & elsewhere by so many people. Thank you very much.

I fly back home on Saturday (arrive Sunday), & will be doing the Show on both Tuesday & Thursday. You'll know it is me on the TV screen, I'll be the plump one. Jeez, I've pot a ton of weight on!      

• edited July 2013
    Presumably if you raise the UTG limper kid and he then shoves, you're folding anyway aren't you?

It's a tad results oriented thinking but the reality is that I think you saved chips by limping behind. Not that I'd encourage limping in that situation. :)

I was surprisingly upset when you busted, Tikay. Not crying, bemoaning the cruelty of fate or anything like that, but more perturbed than I would have expected. Unlucky Mr Kendall.

I hope you've enjoyed yourself. The main event will be there again for you next year.
  • edited July 2013

I must just say one other thing, & I hope The Suits & the other Mods don't mind, but it's quite important to me to mention it.

As most of you know, I wear several (metaphorical) hats in poker, & have interests elsewhere, as well as here.

I make a point of not "cross-selling" any of them, that would be out of order.

However, I would not have played the Main Event were it not for a whole bunch of friends who have been urging me to play the WSOP Main for many years now. In 2012, they, between them, raised enough money to put me in the Event, just leaving 25% for me. In effect, they purchased 75% of my action, at spot.

For Sky Poker based work reasons, I could not play the Main last year, but they started the thread again this year, & 61 different friends (and Orford) all pledged amounts from 1% up to purchase my action, so that I could play the Event. And every single one paid their due amount in full, in advance. What a thing!

So big thanks to them, too. Bit of a shame I could not repay them by cashing, but such is poker, & life.