You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FCHD

edited July 2013 in Poker Chat

Comments

• edited July 2013
    F antastic
    C ontribution
    any prize
    H ighly
    D eserved
  • edited July 2013

Give
         Him
         An
         SPT
         Seat
         Well
         Deserved
  • edited July 2013

Very
                 Entertaining &
                 Great
                 Allround
      updatesS
  • edited July 2013
    I'm not going to carry on the trend of the above posts. I can't fit this into just a few words.

I didn't want to say this on the thread last night because I didn't want to seem ungracious and starting a debate on the show thread seemed silly: I don't have a problem with the idea of FCHD being given some sort of reward for his efforts in the WSOP thread but a £220 tournament entry, as has been repeatedly suggested, seems way over the top.

There are an awful lot of poster's on this forum that contribute greatly. If FCHD were to be given such a grand reward, why would GaryQQQ, Lambert180, JockBMW, TommyD, PokerTrev, etc not also merit such a thing? I don't think FCHD put more effort into his thread than these guys and others have done in the past and continue to do...

Besides that, I'm not sure if an SPT is necessarily a good prize for everyone. The costs of travel and accommodation may be prohibitive and it may not be possible for him to travel. Besides that, you'd have to put up with being interviewed by Orford. Who wants that?

I'd say a more reasonable reward would be a main event seat. I would say a £33 seat but since Lambert was given a Primo seat on last Thursday's show thread, I think we can bully the sky suits into stretching to that.
  • edited July 2013
    Totally understand what Borin is saying.

But, it seemed like it started out on the show "what prize should FCHD get"

Then when a SPT ticket was suggested, then I think there was a bit of "that's a big prize can we do it, to be continued..." lol

SPT seat all the way!

• edited July 2013
    I don't wanna rain on the parade either but I do agree with BL. What FCHD did during WSOP was really great but I'm not sure it warrants a £220 seat.

I wouldn't have spoke up tbh, but BL's out there on his own doing it and I do agree with him so thought I'd show a bit of solidarity
  • edited July 2013
    Think a Primo seat is a worthy reward. It was a great thread and the constant updates were very much appreciated. 

A £220 seat for SPT though? Does seem a bit excessive, plus as BL says it comes with added (expensive) extras that might not be feasible to arrange this late in the day. 

Plus we can all rail him should he be freerolling in the Primo, and his progress could be covered live by 861.
  • edited July 2013
    Sky have the right to give whatever prizes they want. If they want to give him an SPT seat then that's fine, I think he deserves it.

It's not like Sky are our parents and we're comparing how much they spend on us for xmas.
  • edited July 2013
    he defo deserves something for his work on the vegas non stop thread but not for me to decide though.Also they are other threads that don`t recieve anything which should defo get some rewards like the garyqqq for tournament results thread and his challenge also othe diaries are worth a shout out also don`t want to name them all incase miss one but really what i`m saying there is more than one that deserves something imo.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD:
    he defo deserves something for his work on the vegas non stop thread but not for me to decide though.Also they are other threads that don`t recieve anything which should defo get some rewards like the garyqqq for tournament results thread and his challenge also othe diaries are worth a shout out also don`t want to name them all incase miss one but really what i`m saying there is more than one that deserves something imo.
    Posted by liamboi11
    Top of the posts covers these and most have been rewarded.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Top of the posts covers these and most have been rewarded.
    Posted by belsibub
    sorry I didn`t know who has been rewarded so though throw it out there incase they haven`t
  • edited July 2013
    Anything we can get off the house should be taken!

Sky make a fortune off us, encourage them to give as much back as possible ffs!

GIVE THE MAN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    Sky have the right to give whatever prizes they want. If they want to give him an SPT seat then that's fine, I think he deserves it. It's not like Sky are our parents and we're comparing how much they spend on us for xmas.
    Posted by splashies
    +1

If sky are prepared to offer an spt seat,happy days.
    Forum regs advocating he deserves a lesser prize makes me wince.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : +1 If sky are prepared to offer an spt seat,happy days. Forum regs advocating he deserves a lesser prize makes me wince.
    Posted by chrispip
    lol. I won't be insulted by this comment because it's simply absurd.

It wouldn't be a prize anyway, as there was no competition. It would be a reward for hard work. Such a reward may well be merited and nobody is arguing that it isn't. However, there is a question of proportionality and fairness... as well as realism. If he can get an SPT seat (if he wants one) then alright, though it seems unlikely that Sky would like to offer this. It's just not my opinion that the WSOP thread was so astonishingly better than anything else done on this forum that it merits such an enormous reward.

As has been mentioned, there is the TOTP freeroll which FCHD was involved in this month. This has been the regular system for these things for a little while now. Perhaps there should be an additional reward for the effort, day after day, that FCHD has put in but we can have an adult discussion about that.

It's a matter of debate.
  • edited July 2013

borinloner.... fgs... leave it alone.  you've said your bit, not many agree and they have made their point too.  but just let it go.  it is quite sad that you have spent so much time trying to diminish something worthwhile.  it was meant to be light-hearted and warm-hearted.  it isn't a matter of debate, please don't post any more on this issue.

• edited July 2013
    borinloner.... fgs... leave it alone.  you've said your bit, not many agree and they have made their point too.  but just let it go.  it is quite sad that you have spent so much time trying to diminish something worthwhile.  it was meant to be light-hearted and warm-hearted.  it isn't a matter of debate, please don't post any more on this issue.  
    Posted by aussie09

BLs post is completely legit and I agree with him

He has done nothing wrong in posting his opinion, just because he swims against the tide in this particular topic doesn't mean he should just be shushed. 

Telling someone to stop posting on the issue is unbelievably pretentious 

I still congratulate FCHD on his work though, and I definitely think he should be rewarded just as the other top forum contributors have.

• edited July 2013
    BLs post is completely legit and I agree with him He has done nothing wrong in posting his opinion, just because he swims against the tide in this particular topic doesn't mean he should just be shushed.  Telling someone to stop posting on the issue is unbelievably pretentious  I still congratulate FCHD on his work though, and I definitely think he should be rewarded just as the other top forum contributors have.
    Posted by percival09

oh well.

• edited July 2013
    FHCD volountered  to help Tikay in this thread so...........

Tikay's choice....

I suggest.........primo seat.............

£220 SPT would indeed devalue a lot of other people contributions to the forum

we can disagree people, it is allowed

If you all feel that FHCD should be rewarded for the great updates, which were for YOU!
    Then all chip in and I am sure you can all buy him the SPT seat.
    44 people donating £5 should do it

Anyone feel like contributing something back or do we just take take take.
    Cmon guy's FHCD doesn't work for Sky, he done this for you the forum.
    So if you have been reading these updates and feel he derserves something then give something back yo!

• edited July 2013
    Posted by aussie09
    Pretty much as Percival has said, already. I don't have a problem with anyone here but I think you and chrispip have got a little out of line with me, frankly.

If you disagree with me on any topic, by all means say so and we'll discuss it. Don't call into question my character, particularly when my views have legitimate merit. Disagree with me on the substance of those views.

As you'll see from my original post, I've suggested a £55 Primo seat might be reasonable and something more likely for Sky to provide. That's hardly a small amount of money. It was suggested by someone (sorry, I can't remember who) on last night's show thread that some of the SPT players might come together and stump up for FCHD to play at Nottingham. If you feel so strongly about this, why not do that?

Maybe Sky will give FCHD an SPT seat and I won't complain. It just seems neither likely nor proportionate to me, in view of what has come before in the 18 months I've been posting here.

I haven't diminished anything, merely offered an alternative opinion. I'm sorry if you think that's sad.
  • edited July 2013
    Give him an entry into the double chance tonight as it was the only newcomer to win the battle or the mains last night.

Oh hang on a minute.....
  • edited July 2013
    The guy should get a warm congrats from the forum and a seat locked up in the Top Of The Posts freeroll.

You open up a can of worms if you're going to try and draw the line somewhere regarding who contributes more than who, and what this guy deserves for his services for the forum.

But if you just hand people £220 tickets on a plate for providing solid intel, where will it stop? What if we have similar situations in the future? What about current excellent forum posters now? Will the alterior motives of a potential prize (for which, as commented itt, there was no competition for him to win OR for other to get their own chance to compete in), outweigh the desire to contribute to the forum and make it a better experience for everyone?

Give the guy a freeroll seat and a drink on the house. The fact that people even think that the guy should get £220 for a set of thread contributions astonishes me. Where are the threads for GaryQQQ, asking for him to be given an SPT seat? Or for Borins contributions to the forum day in day out? Heck, I've contributed a little to the forum, where's my free mini-primo £5 ticket?

Gifting the guy £220 will bring the contributions in this forum into chaos.
    The fact there's discord itt shows what an arguably poor and contentious decision it would be to give him a seat.

Credit to him for his posts though, ya know, i'mma just sayin'.
  • edited July 2013
    Are people seriously arguing about the value of gift that a forum contributer may or may not get from Sky Poker as a thank you for keeping on top of an excellent thread??? I mean... come on... seriously?!!

No-one should expect anything for contributing to the forum in any way imo. We all do it for the love of it right?. 

However, whatever additional gesture Sky Poker make to FCHD, I really don't see it as our business, be it a 30p DYM, a £110 super roller seat, or even an SPT seat. Precedent or no precedent.  

Just let it be imo, or I don't blame Skypoker for preventing all gestures or "freebies" in future! Including Top of the Posts... 

• edited July 2013
    ...Precedent or no precedent.   Just let it be imo...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    lol
  • edited July 2013
    One thing I'd say is that I hope FCHD doesn't feel bad about this. As far as I'm aware he didn't ask for this, and hasn't asked for any reward.

I agree it's a bit OTT, although that doesn't take away at all from the amount of time he must have put in to it over the last 4 ish weeks. Whatever Sky decide to give him, I certainly won't argue about it but I agreed with BL and didn't wanna see him stand alone taking flack while others who might agree hide away.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh dear i didn't think i would be opening up this amount of debate.
    As my original post says ANY prize would be deserved.
    Just leave it up to the powers that be please.

Thanks
  • edited July 2013
    Oh dear i didn't think i would be opening up this amount of debate. As my original post says ANY prize would be deserved. Just leave it up to the powers that be please. Thanks
    Posted by VespaPX
    +1
  • edited July 2013
    I second what Paul has said. I can't help feeling now that whatever reward Sky give him for his updates has been a bit tainted.
  • edited July 2013
    There's only one solution, lifetime ban for FCHD.

Sorted.
  • edited July 2013
    There's only one solution, lifetime ban for FCHD. Sorted.
    Posted by splashies
    I always thought it was just IDCU multi accounting anyway!!*

Get him gone!

*This may not be true
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by aussie09
    hilarious