You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FCHD

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Really?  Really?

Wait, really?  I'll probably give my thoughts on the thread later however this is my initial reaction.

• edited July 2013

hey hey,

Everyones welcome to their opinion. It's no big deal to be fair.

I echo what other people have said, whatever FC recieves will be well deserved. It's just a bit of fun and if it is an SPT seat, then outstanding, it's not taking the sugar out of anyone elses tea. If it's a primo seat then also outstanding.

It's not a prize but a gesture for the goodwork FC has done. Of course there is some excellent contributions to the forums by many many posters. I would say noone really gets involved to win a "prize", people are here because they want to contribute/ get involved/ have a laugh/ improve there games, many different reasons.

I'm confident this thread will not diminish whatever FC recieves.

• edited July 2013
    Does not worry me in the slightest as he went above and beyond imo. It took a lot of hard work and time. He deserves whatever SKY feels he deserves. Good on 'em!!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD:
    Anything we can get off the house should be taken! Sky make a fortune off us, encourage them to give as much back as possible ffs! GIVE THE MAN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+ LOADS.

People complaining about someone else possibly being offered a freebie, WTF.
  • edited July 2013
    Blimey, I come back from two days away from the site and see this!

First of all, thanks for all the kind words on this and other threads about the postings about the WSOP. I greatly enjoyed doing it, and was relieved that I didn't have to miss a day after I took over updating it.

As for a "prize" or whatever else you want to call it. I am grateful that people think my work was worthy of recognition. but I feel I have already been rewarded enough by having had a seat in the Top Of The Posts tournament for the end of June. I seek no further reward, and has been implied above, deserve no other reward as several other posters have made more worthy contributions over a longer period of time than I have.

I'll give the thread a kick start come the November Nine, and perhaps if the six correct balls come out of the machine on a Saturday, it'll be me living the dream in Vegas next summer and someome else will have maintain an update thread!

• edited July 2013
    Blimey, I come back from two days away from the site and see this! First of all, thanks for all the kind words on this and other threads about the postings about the WSOP. I greatly enjoyed doing it, and was relieved that I didn't have to miss a day after I took over updating it. As for a "prize" or whatever else you want to call it. I am grateful that people think my work was worthy of recognition. but I feel I have already been rewarded enough by having had a seat in the Top Of The Posts tournament for the end of June. I seek no further reward, and has been implied above, deserve no other reward as several other posters have made more worthy contributions over a longer period of time than I have. I'll give the thread a kick start come the November Nine, and perhaps if the six correct balls come out of the machine on a Saturday, it'll be me living the dream in Vegas next summer and someome else will have maintain an update thread!
    Posted by FCHD

Nice post Richard.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Nice post Richard.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1
  • edited July 2013

I'm at an absolute loss for words on this matter.

I revved up interest on Tuesday because I thought it'd be rather neat to get the Community involved in thanking FCHD for his wonderful work on the WSOP Thread.

Whatever "Freebie" was to be awarded or given was NOT a pize, it was just a gesture, a surprise "thank you", a nice thing to do. I honestly & truly did not think a single soul would find that improper or wrong. You simply cannot measure a "thank you" against what others may or may not have received. It was intended as a gift.

Suggestions that any "prize" given needs to be in context with other contributors, & prizes, are wide of the mark. Nobody here is aware of the fact that The Business regularly donates freebies to our players, I doubt a week goes by without I (on behalf of the Business) do not send at least one player, often several players, a Free Entry to something or other. These matters are dealt with quietly, via PM, & are never mentioned on the Community, so I'm not sure how players can say that £x value of prize is disproportionate to what others receive.

I thought it would be a terrific Community builder. Guess I'm never too old to learn, but I most certainly misjudged the mood on this one!    
  • edited July 2013
    Blimey, I come back from two days away from the site and see this! First of all, thanks for all the kind words on this and other threads about the postings about the WSOP. I greatly enjoyed doing it, and was relieved that I didn't have to miss a day after I took over updating it. As for a "prize" or whatever else you want to call it. I am grateful that people think my work was worthy of recognition. but I feel I have already been rewarded enough by having had a seat in the Top Of The Posts tournament for the end of June. I seek no further reward, and has been implied above, deserve no other reward as several other posters have made more worthy contributions over a longer period of time than I have. I'll give the thread a kick start come the November Nine, and perhaps if the six correct balls come out of the machine on a Saturday, it'll be me living the dream in Vegas next summer and someome else will have maintain an update thread!
    Posted by FCHD
    You are a class act, Richard, & whatever happens as to a "thank you gift" from Sky Poker (or not), pleae accept my thanks on behalf of all of us here at Sky Poker.
  • edited July 2013
    I'm at an absolute loss for words on this matter. I revved up interest on Tuesday because I thought it'd be rather neat to get the Community involved in thanking FCHD for his wonderful work on the WSOP Thread. Whatever "Freebie" was to be awarded or given was NOT a pize, it was just a gesture, a surprise "thank you", a nice thing to do. I honestly & truly did not think a single soul would find that improper or wrong. You simply cannot measure a "thank you" against what others may or may not have received. It was intended as a gift. Suggestions that any "prize" given needs to be in context with other contributors, & prizes, are wide of the mark. Nobody here is aware of the fact that The Business regularly donates freebies to our players, I doubt a week goes by without I (on behalf of the Business) do not send at least one player, often several players, a Free Entry to something or other. These matters are dealt with quietly, via PM, & are never mentioned on the Community, so I'm not sure how players can say that £x value of prize is disproportionate to what others receive.   I thought it would be a terrific Community builder. Guess I'm never too old to learn, but I most certainly misjudged the mood on this one!    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think certain people made their feelings known that if someone was going to possibly receive a SPT seat for updating a forum thread then it would devalue other peoples efforts on the forum.

I think everyone is in agreement that FHCD done a great job.
    But even though people will say he derserves something but no one is willing to start a collection for FCHD.

I think this sums up the community better than anything, as everyone is more than willing to moan and argue but no one is bothered about giving anything back.

Seems like everyone want's Sky to stump up the prize, funny thing is FCHD doesn't work for Sky.
    He done it for the forum community, shame this thread couldn't be just a long thank you thread instead of all this nonsense.

I didn't read the thread but THANK YOU FCHD -)

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : I think certain people made their feelings known that if someone was going to possibly receive a SPT seat for updating a forum thread then it would devalue other peoples efforts on the forum. I think everyone is in agreement that FHCD done a great job. But even though people will say he derserves something but no one is willing to start a collection for FHCD. I think this sums up the community better than anything, as everyone is more than willing to moan and argue but no one is bothered about giving anything back. Seems like everyone want's Sky to stump up the prize, funny thing is FHCD doesn't work for Sky. He done it for the forum community, shame this thread couldn't be just a long thank you thread instead of all this nonsense. I didn't read the thread but THANK YOU FCHD -)
    Posted by rancid
    You make some fair points.

Don't think we need to over-complicate this, I just misjudged it. Times, morality, & society are changing oh so fast.

Not so long ago, if ANYONE got given ANYTHING as a gift, or a "thank you", everyone else would be delighted for them but now it seems they have to undergo what amounts to a means test.

I respect the view of everyone who has voiced opinions on the matter, but I am a little sad at how it panned out.

Anyway, let us move on.  

• edited July 2013
    ...I honestly & truly did not think a single soul would find that improper or wrong...     
    Posted by Tikay10
    ...and you'd have been right. Not a single soul in this thread has argued it would be either improper or wrong. There is discord amongst some regarding just what an appropriate reward should be, and there are others who merely wish to enjoy an unjustified sense of smug, moral superiority, regardless of the content of the posts they're criticising...

Some have suggested that a £220 SPT seat would be a reasonable reward for forum posts, following a question asked by yourself on Tuesday's show. As soon as someone disagreed - on this occasion I was first to do so, suggesting a £55 Primo seat, which would be very generous - that person was lambasted for daring to suggest a lower value offering.

I pretty much agree with rancid's thoughts on the relative rewards people should receive for hard graft. It's not a question of being selfish or jealous but if I gave my sister a Tonka toy for Christmas and bought my brother a Ferrari, that does send a bit of a message about who I appreciate more. 

Tikay, if you didn't want a debate on the prize then you shouldn't have asked the question. Next time you want to give someone something, just do it. Having asked the question, you've chosen to condemn those who have made suggestions out of step with the majority. I'd criticise anyone else on this forum for that, so I have to criticise you as well. I respect you enormously but by questioning the morality of posters on this thread you, too, have stepped out of line.

You asked a question and received a range of responses. Just choose the ones you agree with.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : You make some fair points. Don't think we need to over-complicate this, I just misjudged it. Times, morality, & society are changing oh so fast. Not so long ago, if ANYONE got given ANYTHING as a gift, or a "thank you", everyone else would be delighted for them but now it seems they have to undergo what amounts to a means test. I respect the view of everyone who has voiced opinions on the matter, but I am a little sad at how it panned out. Anyway, let us move on.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Weather's hot today isn't it?

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD :I think this sums up the community better than anything, as everyone is more than willing to moan and argue but no one is bothered about giving anything back.
    Posted by rancid
    Farcical.

The points that people have been trying to get across itt, are;

1) People should be encouraged to do things for the forum, because they want to give, care, add, build on a strong community. Not for any alterior monetary (or otherwise) self-invested motive.

2) There are people in this forum who have contributed far more than FCHD, and yet recieve nothing. Individuals that dedicate a portion of their life every day, trying to make the forum users' time spent on here, a little more enjoyable. To overlook them in favour of a single thread (despite how enjoyable it was) would be extremely short-sighted, impulsive, and negligiant imo.

3) The amount you give someone is purely subjective, and will differ with every person you speak to. What about people who have done similar things in the past, or will do in the future? Should we reward them in such a way, especially when there are already prizes for people doing a good job in the forums? How do you even quantify how enjoyable a thread is? There may be others who feel that GaryQQQ deserves his own little bonus. What if those people were to start a thread, and pages of +1s come reeling off in favour of a monetary 'thank you' for the guy.

This is exactly what happens (with anything) when you try and draw a line. People will debate for years on where it should go, how long it should be, with what pen it should be drawn in.... etc.
    There should be no line. The guy should be entered into TOTP, get a hearty "Cheers FCHD! We love ya, man!", and if anyone STILL feels like this isn't just, for the great work he's done over the summer, rally up a 'TY FCHD Fund' yourselves.

To critique the forum too RE: giving something back, is a little on the side of -- Pot, Kettle, Black. Create a thread asking for donations, or start a Skype conversation if you really feel the need to.

More DO, and less F U, imo.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Having asked the question, you've chosen to condemn those who have made suggestions out of step with the majority. I'd criticise anyone else on this forum for that, so I have to criticise you as well.

I respect you enormously but by questioning the morality of posters on this thread you, too, have stepped out of line. You asked a question and received a range of responses. Just choose the ones you agree with.
    Posted by BorinLoner

The bit in bold is so incredibly incorrect bro. You're now passing the buck on why you have been criticised by others itt. It is absolutely, undeniably, NOT Tikays fault that you've been condemned for your opinion.
    Do you know whose fault it is? The people condemning you, ldo.

To ask a question, and then get tarred with the blame of the minority Vs majority is borderline maniacal, ludicrous even.
    You'll, defend yourself, as do I. Those ridiculing claims of logic and reason are just hypocratic fools. Tools of irony. By stating that it is Tikay who first brought up such a topic, therefore any discord lays squarely on his shoulders, is... ugh.

We're not children. He isn't our parent that should have to keep us in line, or have responsibility over our actions. They rise on fall on the individuals making them. Endo Story.

The last bit in your quote however, is spot on. So 1 for 2 aint half bad I guess!

EDIT: Breakdown in communications led to a misinterpretation. Solid point above, just misdirected at someone already aware of the points made. Apologies guys.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Farcical. The points that people have been trying to get across itt, are; 1) People should be encouraged to do things for the forum, because they want to give, care, add, build on a strong community. Not for any alterior monetary (or otherwise) self-invested motive. 2) There are people in this forum who have contributed far more than FCHD, and yet recieve nothing. Individuals that dedicate a portion of their life every day, trying to make the forum users' time spent on here, a little more enjoyable. To overlook them in favour of a single thread (despite how enjoyable it was) would be extremely short-sighted, impulsive, and negligiant imo. 3) The amount you give someone is purely subjective, and will differ with every person you speak to. What about people who have done similar things in the past, or will do in the future? Should we reward them in such a way, especially when there are already prizes for people doing a good job in the forums? How do you even quantify how enjoyable a thread is? There may be others who feel that GaryQQQ deserves his own little bonus. What if those people were to start a thread, and pages of +1s come reeling off in favour of a monetary 'thank you' for the guy. This is exactly what happens (with anything) when you try and draw a line. People will debate for years on where it should go, how long it should be, with what pen it should be drawn in.... etc. There should be no line. The guy should be entered into TOTP, get a hearty "Cheers FCHD! We love ya, man!", and if anyone STILL feels like this isn't just, for the great work he's done over the summer, rally up a 'TY FCHD Fund' yourselves. To critique the forum too RE: giving something back, is a little on the side of -- Pot, Kettle, Black. Create a thread asking for donations, or start a Skype conversation if you really feel the need to. More DO, and less F U, imo.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Hi Carlos,

How do you know that? How do you know who has been given what?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : ...and you'd have been right. Not a single soul in this thread has argued it would be either improper or wrong. There is discord amongst some regarding just what an appropriate reward should be, and there are others who merely wish to enjoy an unjustified sense of smug, moral superiority, regardless of the content of the posts they're criticising... Some have suggested that a £220 SPT seat would be a reasonable reward for forum posts, following a question asked by yourself on Tuesday's show. As soon as someone disagreed - on this occasion I was first to do so, suggesting a £55 Primo seat, which would be very generous - that person was lambasted for daring to suggest a lower value offering.   I pretty much agree with rancid's thoughts on the relative rewards people should receive for hard graft. It's not a question of being selfish or jealous but if I gave my sister a Tonka toy for Christmas and bought my brother a Ferrari, that does send a bit of a message about who I appreciate more.  Tikay, if you didn't want a debate on the prize then you shouldn't have asked the question. Next time you want to give someone something, just do it. Having asked the question, you've chosen to condemn those who have made suggestions out of step with the majority. I'd criticise anyone else on this forum for that, so I have to criticise you as well. I respect you enormously but by questioning the morality of posters on this thread you, too, have stepped out of line. You asked a question and received a range of responses. Just choose the ones you agree with.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I never condemned anyone, & I added that I respected everyone's view. My point was, & I stated it clearly, that I misjudged the mood, as I genuinely felt that everyone would be pleased, & nobody would object.

I don't believe I EVER suggested he should receive an SPT Seat. I never disagreed, either. I did put a little extra coal on the fire, I readily admit.  

I have a totally different view to you. That does not mean I condemn you, or your views. Just because two adults disagree on a matter does not mean either of them are any less a person.

Even highly intelligent folks disagree on some matters.....;)

Anyway, we are into semantics now.

Let's have a good weekend, the Lords Test, The Open, & hopefully, a happy Show this evening.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : ...and you'd have been right. Not a single soul in this thread has argued it would be either improper or wrong. There is discord amongst some regarding just what an appropriate reward should be, and there are others who merely wish to enjoy an unjustified sense of smug, moral superiority, regardless of the content of the posts they're criticising... Some have suggested that a £220 SPT seat would be a reasonable reward for forum posts, following a question asked by yourself on Tuesday's show. As soon as someone disagreed - on this occasion I was first to do so, suggesting a £55 Primo seat, which would be very generous - that person was lambasted for daring to suggest a lower value offering.   I pretty much agree with rancid's thoughts on the relative rewards people should receive for hard graft. It's not a question of being selfish or jealous but if I gave my sister a Tonka toy for Christmas and bought my brother a Ferrari, that does send a bit of a message about who I appreciate more.  Tikay, if you didn't want a debate on the prize then you shouldn't have asked the question. Next time you want to give someone something, just do it. Having asked the question, you've chosen to condemn those who have made suggestions out of step with the majority. I'd criticise anyone else on this forum for that, so I have to criticise you as well. I respect you enormously but by questioning the morality of posters on this thread you, too, have stepped out of line. You asked a question and received a range of responses. Just choose the ones you agree with.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Mr Loner...

I assume you mean me, among others...

I think you are wrong on this one mate. If you were given a gesture by sky for your constructive live show feedback thread ( you know the one that that was basically a book, and must have taken you hours!) and someone said, nah, he doesn't deserve that award, he should have got X, rather than Y, how would you feel?

FCHD has handled this with dignity and is clearly deserving of praise and thanks for what he did, as you are for your generally excellent forum contributions over the past months/years. However,people should just accept and be happy for him rather than debate it imo. 

I am not being smug or arrogant or taking the moral high ground imo, I, rather like tikay, just found it hard to believe what I was reading although ofc you are entitled to those views too, just found it surprising.

• edited July 2013
    How about as a one off, instead of giving FCHD a poker value prize, GREGHOGG gets a forum ban instead, I think every one would be in agreement with that.

PS just kidding, I was under the impression that it was Tikays thread that FCHD was updating so it looks to me like he was doing TK a favour and if he wants to reward that favour its a BIG thumbs up from me.

• edited July 2013
    Nice post FCHD.

Am sure like many others what you did was purely to better the community and not in any way to earn yourself some goodies in whatever form they come. At times the forum is short of people like you, who will do nice things, just because it's the nice thing to do and for no other reason, and this should be rewarded,

As Albert Einstein said... "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed".

Let's just drawn a line under it and say

1) FCHD deserves some sort of reward
    2) Sky will give whatever they see as fitting
    3) FCHD - enjoy it.

==================================================

Off topic, will you be attending SPT Notts/would you like to?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : You make some fair points. Don't think we need to over-complicate this, I just misjudged it. Times, morality, & society are changing oh so fast. Not so long ago, if ANYONE got given ANYTHING as a gift, or a "thank you", everyone else would be delighted for them but now it seems they have to undergo what amounts to a means test. I respect the view of everyone who has voiced opinions on the matter, but I am a little sad at how it panned out. Anyway, let us move on.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Smitalos, I'm referring to this post. The implications of which are clear regarding the morality issue. I only hold Tikay responsible for the content of his own words, just as I do with everyone else.

Tikay, you are completely correct to say that you didn't suggest a particular reward would be best. I will say it once again: Not a single person in this thread has objected to the idea that FCHD be rewarded in some way. 

However you have implied that the debate itself is in some way immoral. It's a debate you asked for.

I've said many times on this forum that I don't care about the idea of the Sky Poker Community. Companies come and go, as do the people using this forum. I've no doubt that many of the posters on this forum are lovely, wonderful people. I've also no doubt that some are thugs, fraudsters or worse. The only thing that should matter on this forum is that debate shouldn't be stifled by words like "morality" even being introduced, when the matter of discussion is such a trivial one.

I'm never one to shy away from these matters and, to be frank, I don't care what people I've never met think of me because of it. However, I know there are people on this thread who do care about these things and who may be chastened by your comments in particular, Tikay because they respect your opinions. I do not believe that those feelings will be justified.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Hi Carlos, How do you know that? How do you know who has been given what?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm being completely sincere when I precede the next sentence with, no offence Tikay, but...

You've completely missed my point.

It doesn't matter how much FCHD, or others are given. The amount decided will always be subjective, and thus, open to criticism.

Just as ONE example to entertain your question, take for example Mr. TommyD before he became associated with Sky. Or BorinLoner for his extensive posts day after day on SkyPoker.
    You could (quite easily, imo) argue that their posts contribute more to the site, and the community, than FCHD's thread.
    Now you might argue that Tommy has been rewarded for his efforts, and that it's impossible for me to know how BorinLoner is being rewarded for his dedication here, but EVEN THEN my point still stands.

e.g. What about Lambert180's quirky posts, where's his £5 mini-primo seat? Or future posters, can they expect the same prize when they contribute an amount similar to FCHD? Who gets to decide this, and why does everyone feel that the selfless effort of an individual necessitates a financial reward? What's wrong with those who want to give back too him, giving?
    The list could go on.

In Response to Re: FCHD : Smitalos, I'm referring to this post. The implications of which are clear regarding the morality issue. I only hold Tikay responsible for the content of his own words, just as I do with everyone else.
    Ah, apologies sir. Breakdown in communications, such is the internet. Sorry man.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Mr Loner... I assume you mean me, among others... I think you are wrong on this one mate. If you were given a gesture by sky for your constructive live show feedback thread ( you know the one that that was basically a book, and must have taken you hours!) and someone said, nah, he doesn't deserve that award, he should have got X, rather than Y, how would you feel? FCHD has handled this with dignity and is clearly deserving of praise and thanks for what he did, as you are for your generally excellent forum contributions over the past months/years. However,people should just accept and be happy for him rather than debate it imo.  I am not being smug or arrogant or taking the moral high ground imo, I, rather like tikay, just found it hard to believe what I was reading although ofc you are entitled to those views too, just found it surprising.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    No, I wasn't referring to you Greg. I was referring to those who either told me to basically shut up because I didn't agree, and those who believe that the matter should make them wince. I don't have any problem with people disagreeing with me. Some people weren't simply disagreeing but were condemning.

Those are not things that concern me personally, as I've said above. However it is the sort of thing that should have no place on this forum.

Regarding the matter of whether FCHD should be given a SPT seat, Primo seat or whatever, I've made my thoughts clear. It just seems to me that suggesting anything of lower value than the majority has resulted in unwarranted condemnation from some.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Farcical. The points that people have been trying to get across itt, are; 1) People should be encouraged to do things for the forum, because they want to give, care, add, build on a strong community. Not for any alterior monetary (or otherwise) self-invested motive. 2) There are people in this forum who have contributed far more than FCHD, and yet recieve nothing. Individuals that dedicate a portion of their life every day, trying to make the forum users' time spent on here, a little more enjoyable. To overlook them in favour of a single thread (despite how enjoyable it was) would be extremely short-sighted, impulsive, and negligiant imo. 3) The amount you give someone is purely subjective, and will differ with every person you speak to. What about people who have done similar things in the past, or will do in the future? Should we reward them in such a way, especially when there are already prizes for people doing a good job in the forums? How do you even quantify how enjoyable a thread is? There may be others who feel that GaryQQQ deserves his own little bonus. What if those people were to start a thread, and pages of +1s come reeling off in favour of a monetary 'thank you' for the guy. This is exactly what happens (with anything) when you try and draw a line. People will debate for years on where it should go, how long it should be, with what pen it should be drawn in.... etc. There should be no line. The guy should be entered into TOTP, get a hearty "Cheers FCHD! We love ya, man!", and if anyone STILL feels like this isn't just, for the great work he's done over the summer, rally up a 'TY FCHD Fund' yourselves. To critique the forum too RE: giving something back, is a little on the side of -- Pot, Kettle, Black. Create a thread asking for donations, or start a Skype conversation if you really feel the need to. More DO, and less F U, imo.
    Posted by Smitalos

Maybe I didn't put my point across clear enough or you didn't understand.

FCHD contributed to the forum, if people in this community feel he done such a great job then instead of arguing the toss about what prize he should get if any. Then organise something from the community as a thank you.
    Don't understand why people are putting the emphasis on Sky to award a prize when the thread he was updating was purely for the readers. If 44 people contributed £5 each then he would get a SPT seat.
    So while FHCD gave so much to the community then why don't the community give back, espeically when people post and obviously feel he should get something more than what Sky would hand out as a thank you.

• edited July 2013
    rediculous thread,look around the world and see whats goin on, then read this thread,sad
  • edited July 2013

ah BL you might mean me.

it is not a debate, you were asked for your thoughts.  that's fine.  you gave your opinion, that's fine too.  but where it wasn't fine is when you set about challenging others' opinion. 

they are just as entitled to offer an opinion as you.  all opinions count the same, and they all count for very little as it is simply a gift from skypoker to FCHD.

many others got the point.  how wise it is to encourage skypoker to give gifts to players.  how wise it is to encourage skypoker to give larger gifts, and more often.  what do you think you have achieved?  probably the opposite.

nobody has stopped you voicing your opinion.  what i hoped you would do is stop trying to demolish others' opinions.

you might have single-handedly managed to reduce the budget put aside for players from this point on.

well done, indeed.

• edited July 2013
    e.g. What about Lambert180's quirky posts, where's his £5 mini-primo seat?
    Posted by Smitalos
    FWIW, I'm not gonna go into amounts but I've had a decent amount of rewards over the years for various things, running the DYM laddering thing, running 3-4 HU Comps, general forum helpfulness. Also, while I'd love to believe it's because I'm a fantastic player, me gaining entry to TSP was probably at least partly based on the fact I think I stand for everything that is good in the community and that is a bigger/better prize than anything I could have imagined.

Anything I've ever been given hasn't been a secret cos if I've had free entry to something it will always get mentioned in my diary.

My only point being that I'm certainly not whinging to say I want more, I think I've been very well treated and the things I want in poker now are mostly things that don't have a £££ value.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Ah, apologies sir. Breakdown in communications, such is the internet. Sorry man.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Pretty much realised it was just a misunderstanding. More my fault that yours, though. Having read back through my post I can see how it's not completely clear.

rediculous thread,look around the world and see whats goin on, then read this thread,sad
    Posted by stokefc
    This I agree with. I wish I hadn't bothered to get involved but, having done so, one thing followed another...

As (hopefully) my final words on this can I just confirm, for the avoidance of any doubt, that I do appreciate FCHD's effort.
  • edited July 2013
    Posted by stokefc
    +1
  • edited July 2013
    ah BL you might mean me. it is not a debate, you were asked for your thoughts.  that's fine.  you gave your opinion, that's fine too.  but where it wasn't fine is when you set about challenging others' opinion.  they are just as entitled to offer an opinion as you.  all opinions count the same, and they all count for very little as it is simply a gift from skypoker to FCHD. many others got the point.  how wise it is to encourage skypoker to give gifts to players.  how wise it is to encourage skypoker to give larger gifts, and more often.  what do you think you have achieved?  probably the opposite. nobody has stopped you voicing your opinion.  what i hoped you would do is stop trying to demolish others' opinions. you might have single-handedly managed to reduce the budget put aside for players from this point on. well done, indeed.
    Posted by aussie09

utter nonsense

" it isn't a matter of debate, please don't post any more on this issue."