You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FCHD

13»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD:
    ah BL you might mean me. it is not a debate, you were asked for your thoughts.  that's fine.  you gave your opinion, that's fine too.  but where it wasn't fine is when you set about challenging others' opinion.  they are just as entitled to offer an opinion as you. 1) all opinions count the same, and they all count for very little as it is simply a gift from skypoker to FCHD. many others got the point.  how wise it is to encourage skypoker to give gifts to players.  how wise it is to encourage skypoker to give larger gifts, and more often.  what do you think you have achieved?  probably the opposite. nobody has stopped you voicing your opinion. 2) what i hoped you would do is stop trying to demolish others' opinions. you might have single-handedly managed to reduce the budget put aside for players from this point on.3) well done, indeed.
    Posted by aussie09
    1) Asbolutely not true. 10 people saying Yes, and 1 saying No, doesn't mean we should go with 'Yes'.
    NOR
    Does one 'irrational, delusional and subjective' opinion hold as much weight as another 'logical, reasoned and objective' one.

2) Challenging opinion is key to bettering others as well as ourselves. You seem to feel as if everyone's views should be respected equally, or something along those lines. Which, again, isn't true. Would you say the same if we were debating racial equality between an equal rights activist, and a racist? Should those opinions be respected? Should their beliefs be left unridiculed?

3) Incredibly pretentious, and no way to act publicly on this forum. Undermining him will do you no favours, but to make you more enemies than friends in your lifetime. Especially if your base for this attitude, is versus someone who is constantly questioning others views and opinions. If they hold any weight, they'll stand up to his scrutiny. If not, then it's time to put the ol' critical thinking shoes on, and come to a better fundamental understanding of the topic at hand.
  • edited July 2013
    lol this has turned into a total farce.

1) Whatever gesture Sky give FC it is well deserved

2)Honestly, it affects no one else

3) It does not diminish the community and other peoples contributions

4) If sky rewards people for contributions fair enough and if they don't fair enough

5) People get involved /contribute because they want to, doubt "prizes" come into peoples thoughts.

For what its worth i think Sky has a great community, and in my opinion this has just been blown out of all proportion. 
  • edited July 2013
    lol this has turned into a total farce. 1) Whatever gesture Sky give FC it is well deserved 2)Honestly, it affects no one else 3) It does not diminish the community and other peoples contributions 4) If sky rewards people for contributions fair enough and if they don't fair enough 5) People get involved /contribute because they want to, doubt "prizes" come into peoples thoughts. For what its worth i think Sky has a great community, and in my opinion this has just been blown out of all proportion. 
    Posted by LARSON7
    ++1

nuff said
    Regards ALAN
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Pretty much realised it was just a misunderstanding. More my fault that yours, though. Having read back through my post I can see how it's not completely clear. In Response to Re: FCHD : This I agree with. I wish I hadn't bothered to get involved but, having done so, one thing followed another... As (hopefully) my final words on this can I just confirm, for the avoidance of any doubt, that I do appreciate FCHD's effort.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    about time, mr borin we are so lucky to have free speach on this forum,i for one will be lost without it, i have posted on another thread, that my husband is going to close his account down,which will also close mine ,i do not pay the bill, i am sad,but FCHD best wishes to you,xxxxregards paige
  • edited July 2013
    I'm not going to carry on the trend of the above posts. I can't fit this into just a few words. I didn't want to say this on the thread last night because I didn't want to seem ungracious and starting a debate on the show thread seemed silly: I don't have a problem with the idea of FCHD being given some sort of reward for his efforts in the WSOP thread but a £220 tournament entry, as has been repeatedly suggested, seems way over the top. There are an awful lot of poster's on this forum that contribute greatly. If FCHD were to be given such a grand reward, why would GaryQQQ, Lambert180, JockBMW, TommyD, PokerTrev, etc not also merit such a thing? I don't think FCHD put more effort into his thread than these guys and others have done in the past and continue to do... Besides that, I'm not sure if an SPT is necessarily a good prize for everyone. The costs of travel and accommodation may be prohibitive and it may not be possible for him to travel. Besides that, you'd have to put up with being interviewed by Orford. Who wants that? I'd say a more reasonable reward would be a main event seat. I would say a £33 seat but since Lambert was given a Primo seat on last Thursday's show thread, I think we can bully the sky suits into stretching to that.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Humbug!

FCHD submitted a commentary that was praised by all
    The posters you mention other than Garyqqq, express opinions that are not always universally agreed with.
    You've taken your fair share of prizes in the past.
    Be happy for FCHD don't ruin the party!!!

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : I'm being completely sincere when I precede the next sentence with, no offence Tikay, but... You've completely missed my point. It doesn't matter how much FCHD, or others are given. The amount decided will always be subjective, and thus, open to criticism. Just as ONE example to entertain your question, take for example Mr. TommyD before he became associated with Sky. Or BorinLoner for his extensive posts day after day on SkyPoker. You could (quite easily, imo) argue that their posts contribute more to the site, and the community, than FCHD's thread. Now you might argue that Tommy has been rewarded for his efforts, and that it's impossible for me to know how BorinLoner is being rewarded for his dedication here, but EVEN THEN my point still stands. e.g. What about Lambert180's quirky posts, where's his £5 mini-primo seat? Or future posters, can they expect the same prize when they contribute an amount similar to FCHD? Who gets to decide this, and why does everyone feel that the selfless effort of an individual necessitates a financial reward? What's wrong with those who want to give back too him, giving? The list could go on. Ah, apologies sir. Breakdown in communications, such is the internet. Sorry man.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Any award given, is a concession, not a right!

Isn't Tommy D a Mod? Isn't his role to scrutinise and comment?

Some of Borin Loners posts IMHO are Tosh and not 100% the right way to go about things. Criticism should be taken with grace if given, and criticism should always be constructive!

Why are you making an issue out of something good happening?

How do you think FCHD is going to feel if he does go to Nottingham? All he did was update a thread that everyone enjoyed. He didn't expect a reward!
    Your posts have tainted someone who was over the moon about winning £15 in a DYM the other day 
    I think they were mean and hurtful

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Any award given, is a concession, not a right! Isn't Tommy D a Mod? Isn't his role to scrutinise and comment? Some of Borin Loners posts IMHO are Tosh and not 100% the right way to go about things. Criticism should be taken with grace if given, and criticism should always be constructive! Why are you making an issue out of something good happening? How do you think FCHD is going to feel if he does go to Nottingham? All he did was update a thread that everyone enjoyed. He didn't expect a reward! Your posts have tainted someone who was over the moon about winning £15 in a DYM the other day  I think they were mean and hurtful
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Too much conjecture, with little to no evidence to back up your claims. Not to mention you're posts itt are neglecting a chunk of the content being said, in favour of making your point seem valid.

Smitalos - " Just as ONE example to entertain your question, take for example Mr. TommyD before he became associated with Sky."
    Dunmidosh - "Isn't Tommy D a Mod? Isn't his role to scrutinise and comment?"

Not only have you glazed over the bolded part, but you seem to misunderstand what a moderators duties are/entail.

Even if we gave you a HUGE benefit of the doubt. Conceding that BorinLoners posts are (and I'd have no idea how this conclusion could ever reached) mean, unfair, biased... whatever you want to label him with. AND that Tommy deserves nothing for his great posts back in the PRE-Mod days, because he's a mod now (lol)....

Smitalos "...EVEN THEN my point still stands.
    e.g. What about Lambert180's quirky posts, where's his £5 mini-primo seat?
    Or future posters, can they expect the same prize when they contribute an amount similar to FCHD?
    Who gets to decide this, and why does everyone feel that the selfless effort of an individual necessitates a financial reward? What's wrong with those who want to give back too him, giving? The list could go on."

By trying to explain why my example was imperfect, you've created one of debatings' greatest sins. Instead of focussing on the point trying to be made, and addressing the flaws or potential pitfalls of it, you've attacked an imperfect example, while arguing semantics. Nitpicking almost irrelavant parts of it, that have no bearing on the point I'm trying to make, backing it up solely on opinion and subjective experience.

For example: "Your posts have tainted someone who was over the moon about winning £15 in a DYM the other day  I think they were mean and hurtful"

Well I don't think they were mean or hurtful.
    Boom. See how we're getting nowhere?

I think the posts given by myself and Borin were honest, objective observations of a difficult situation, whereby our own somewhat contraversial opinions were well substantiated with logic and reason.

In summary, your post is nothing but a defensive shun at rational claims because you interpret the situation differently to us. Explain yourself. Instead of expecting to be taken as seriously as more reasonable posts, just because you have strong feelings for your position.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh dear what a very poor thread really

I did a lot of research for vegas last year some of which took a lot of time

I received a £22 tournament entry (i think certainly around that mark) and was very grateful as i did not expect or ask for anything

Whatever FCHD does or does not get has absolutley no bearing on my life or poker experience just hope he enjoys whatever the reward is

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Too much conjecture, with little to no evidence to back up your claims. Not to mention you're posts itt are neglecting a chunk of the content being said, in favour of making your point seem valid. Smitalos - " Just as ONE example to entertain your question, take for example Mr. TommyD before he became associated with Sky." Dunmidosh - "Isn't Tommy D a Mod? Isn't his role to scrutinise and comment?" Not only have you glazed over the bolded part, but you seem to misunderstand what a moderators duties are/entail. Even if we gave you a HUGE benefit of the doubt. Conceding that BorinLoners posts are (and I'd have no idea how this conclusion could ever reached) mean, unfair, biased... whatever you want to label him with. AND that Tommy deserves nothing for his great posts back in the PRE-Mod days, because he's a mod now (lol).... Smitalos "...EVEN THEN my point still stands. e.g. What about Lambert180's quirky posts, where's his £5 mini-primo seat? Or future posters, can they expect the same prize when they contribute an amount similar to FCHD? Who gets to decide this, and why does everyone feel that the selfless effort of an individual necessitates a financial reward? What's wrong with those who want to give back too him, giving? The list could go on." By trying to explain why my example was imperfect, you've created one of debatings' greatest sins. Instead of focussing on the point trying to be made, and addressing the flaws or potential pitfalls of it, you've attacked an imperfect example, while arguing semantics. Nitpicking almost irrelavant parts of it, that have no bearing on the point I'm trying to make, backing it up solely on opinion and subjective experience. For example: "Your posts have tainted someone who was over the moon about winning £15 in a DYM the other day  I think they were mean and hurtful" Well I don't think they were mean or hurtful. Boom. See how we're getting nowhere? I think the posts given by myself and Borin were honest, objective observations of a difficult situation, whereby our own somewhat contraversial opinions were well substantiated with logic and reason. In summary, your post is nothing but a defensive shun at rational claims because you interpret the situation differently to us. Explain yourself. Instead of expecting to be taken as seriously as more reasonable posts, just because you have strong feelings for your position.
    Posted by Smitalos
    Maybe I have mis-interpreted the thread
    I thought the purpose was to suggest a reward in relation to how helpful and insightful the thread was to anyone who read it.

I didn't realise it was to compare against other threads/posters

nor did I believe it was a platform to set in stone future rewards for contributing members.

I'm glad to see Bugaloo posted because he too was excellent in his coverage of last years WSOP and a number of other threads to boot!

I do think some comments should have been made with more consideration for FCHD
    and I hope whatever tournament he is entered for, he achieves his biggest reward ever from playing.

Whether it be from cash, experience or fun! hopefully all three!!
  • edited July 2013
    Just to clear things up
    As the original OP i just wanted to express my thanks to FCHD for his contribution to the forum , and that any prize / reward would be highly deserved.

That's all
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : Maybe I have mis-interpreted the thread . I thought the purpose was to suggest a reward in relation to how helpful and insightful the thread was to anyone who read it. I didn't realise it was to compare against other threads/posters nor did I believe it was a platform to set in stone future rewards for contributing members. I'm glad to see Bugaloo posted because he too was excellent in his coverage of last years WSOP and a number of other threads to boot! I do think some comments should have been made with more consideration for FCHD and I hope whatever tournament he is entered for, he achieves his biggest reward ever from playing. Whether it be from cash, experience or fun! hopefully all three!!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    You're absolutely right about this first part.

The question was asked  "What sort of reward should we give to FCHD for his hard work?"

A response was given: "An SPT seat"

Another response was given: "A Primo seat seems more reasonable to me" and reasons for having reached that conclusion were offered. These reasons included what Sky Poker would likely deem reasonable and what would seem fair in relation to other posters.

Several of the people who gave the first response chose to turn their ire onto the person making the second suggestion, rather than disagree and make their point rationally. This should not be acceptable behaviour on this forum. As it happens on this occasion I was actually defending myself, but anyone who pays any attention will have seen me defend many other people from this sort of thing in the past.

Some here have chosen to erroneously - possibly disingenuously - portray my posts on this thread as complaints. The truth is that there is nothing to complain about, as this is all about answering the question, which you have identified DUNMIDOSH. Nothing has yet been offered so it is simply impossible for anyone to have complained about it. The only complaint that could have been made would have been about the possibility of anything being offered at all. As you'll note, and as I have pointed out many times, nobody on this thread has made such an assertion. Nobody has, as you put it, "...made an issue out of something good happening..."

You are correct that criticism should be taken with grace. However, such criticism on this forum should be made regarding the substance of the debate, not the character of those involved. Several posters have crossed that line and have deservedly been rebuked for doing so, by myself and others.

You are free to believe that my opinions are tosh, however I have gone about things in absolutely the correct way in making my points. I can not agree with any unfounded accusations to the contrary. If anything written in this thread has been intended as mean and hurtful, it is difficult to see that such things were my responsibility.

I have respect for a great many of the posters on this thread for their contributions to this forum. I have met one or two and have respect for them personally. I don't want this thread to detract from any of that, however I will not tolerate my own or anyone else's character being called into question merely on the basis of a disagreement about who should be given tournament entries and of what value those should be.

My opinion has been offered and those making the decision have the option of accepting it or dismissing it. Whatever reward FCHD is eventually given, he will have my congratulations and best wishes.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD :

... if I gave my sister a Tonka toy for Christmas and bought my brother a Ferrari, that does send a bit of a message about who I appreciate more. 

Tikay, if you didn't want a debate on the prize then you shouldn't have asked the question. Next time you want to give someone something, just do it. Having asked the question, you've chosen to condemn those who have made suggestions out of step with the majority. I'd criticise anyone else on this forum for that, so I have to criticise you as well. I respect you enormously but by questioning the morality of posters on this thread you, too, have stepped out of line. You asked a question and received a range of responses. Just choose the ones you agree with.

Posted by BorinLoner

BL, your own analogy might illustrate the point well.  If you bought your sister a Tonka Toy it is your choice and your decision, it is your gift to your sister.  If you gave your brother a Ferrari, it is similarly your choice, decision and gift.  It is between you and your siblings.

If, however, your neighbour came to your door and said that was unfair, what would you say?  The neighbour could have debated that the brother should not get a ferrari, but a tonka toy instead.  He could have argued that the sister should get a Frerrari.  No doubt you'd listen but you wouldn't really think it is any of his business. 

In this debate, you are tikay's and FCDH's neighbour.

... and you don't want anyone to get the Ferrari.

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : BL, your own analogy might illustrate the point well.  If you bought your sister a Tonka Toy it is your choice and your decision, it is your gift to your sister.  If you gave your brother a Ferrari, it is similarly your choice, decision and gift.  It is between you and your siblings. If, however, your neighbour came to your door and said that was unfair, what would you say?  The neighbour could have debated that the brother should not get a ferrari, but a tonka toy instead.  He could have argued that the sister should get a Frerrari.  No doubt you'd listen but you wouldn't really think it is any of his business.  In this debate, you are tikay's and FCDH's neighbour. ... and you don't want anyone to get the Ferrari.  
    Posted by aussie09

wow bet the sister felt really happy about that situation

If I was the neighbour I would be like surely that's not fair, but's that just my opinion.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : BL, your own analogy might illustrate the point well.  If you bought your sister a Tonka Toy it is your choice and your decision, it is your gift to your sister.  If you gave your brother a Ferrari, it is similarly your choice, decision and gift.  It is between you and your siblings. If, however, your neighbour came to your door and said that was unfair, what would you say?  The neighbour could have debated that the brother should not get a ferrari, but a tonka toy instead.  He could have argued that the sister should get a Frerrari.  No doubt you'd listen but you wouldn't really think it is any of his business.  In this debate, you are tikay's and FCDH's neighbour. ... and you don't want anyone to get the Ferrari.  
    Posted by aussie09
    Actually no, your analogy is completely flawed as Tikay had asked the question "What do you think FCHD should be given?" Not "I'm giving FCHD XYZ, what do you think?"

To make your analogy work, you would have to say that my neighbour came to me and asked my opinion on what would be fair, before he's actually bought anything for anyone. I tell him that he should reward both his brother and sister equally...

You and others would then play the role of the neighbourhood kids, coming round to egg my house because they gave my neighbour a different answer and weren't happy with what I had said.
  • edited July 2013
    Just to clear things up As the original OP i just wanted to express my thanks to FCHD for his contribution to the forum , and that any prize / reward would be highly deserved. That's all
    Posted by VespaPX
    +1 to this
    I read FCHD's thead as well and expressed my thanks to him on that, as I have to others on their threads
    Can't believe the thread has gone in the direction it has, but everyone is entitled to their opinion
    If Sky decide they also want to express their thanks, in whichever way they decide, then that is their decision and nothing at all to do with me or anyone else.
    all appear to agree that if Sky did do this then it would be well deserved and that should be that
  • edited July 2013

£220  "wages" in my opinion would not be too much for the time and effort put in.

I wonder if he will do it next year,i would not.

• edited July 2013

lol

"... and you don't want anyone to get the Ferrari."

This thread has got pretty funny lol ps wats a tonka toy

• edited July 2013
    lol "... and you don't want anyone to get the Ferrari." This thread has got pretty funny lol ps wats a tonka toy
    Posted by LARSON7
      OH you young kids of today !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/metal-tonka-trucks
  • edited July 2013

Can they not give a tonka ferarri, then everyone would be happy lol

• edited July 2013
    Posted by aussie09
    Poor and fallacious analogy dude.

What we're saying, for example...
    Is if both children have been extremely well-behaved all year...

One of them get's a Ferrari.
    While the other one...

Gets a brick. -.-

Sound fair?
    This is just one example of why your analogy holds little weight, not to mention Xmas is a time where people typically get given something for nothing. So, while it's arguable that a brick is better than no present at all... it doesn't relate to the case in point, as people are being rewarded X for Y.
    Thus, this is why the neighbours (me and Borin etc) are speaking up about it! lol
  • edited July 2013
    Can we all just agree that FCHD deserves something nice for doing the thread.
    That doesn't mean that other posters who have been mentioned and do great work deserve less or more.
    Its a freebee after all and anything free is nice.
    I can see both sides of the debate but think its unfair to judge one posters contribution against anothers.
    Like most debates online both sides are sure they are right and will try hard to get there points across.
    But at the end of the day both sides will still think they are right.
    Whatever FCHD gets he deserves and whatever the other great posters get be they in the clinic, poker chat or punters corner they deserve aswell.

I really like the community on Sky always read  but rarely post.
    I just taught this was getting a bit well serious.

I respect both sides and in all honesty there isn't a right answer to this debate.

Hopefully we can all understand the other sides thinking and just say we don't agree.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: FCHD : You're absolutely right about this first part. The question was asked  "What sort of reward should we give to FCHD for his hard work?" A response was given: "An SPT seat" Another response was given: "A Primo seat seems more reasonable to me" and reasons for having reached that conclusion were offered. These reasons included what Sky Poker would likely deem reasonable and what would seem fair in relation to other posters. Several of the people who gave the first response chose to turn their ire onto the person making the second suggestion, rather than disagree and make their point rationally. This should not be acceptable behaviour on this forum. As it happens on this occasion I was actually defending myself, but anyone who pays any attention will have seen me defend many other people from this sort of thing in the past. Some here have chosen to erroneously - possibly disingenuously - portray my posts on this thread as complaints. The truth is that there is nothing to complain about, as this is all about answering the question, which you have identified DUNMIDOSH. Nothing has yet been offered so it is simply impossible for anyone to have complained about it. The only complaint that could have been made would have been about the possibility of anything being offered at all. As you'll note, and as I have pointed out many times, nobody on this thread has made such an assertion. Nobody has, as you put it, "...made an issue out of something good happening..." You are correct that criticism should be taken with grace. However, such criticism on this forum should be made regarding the substance of the debate, not the character of those involved. Several posters have crossed that line and have deservedly been rebuked for doing so, by myself and others. You are free to believe that my opinions are tosh, however I have gone about things in absolutely the correct way in making my points. I can not agree with any unfounded accusations to the contrary. If anything written in this thread has been intended as mean and hurtful, it is difficult to see that such things were my responsibility. I have respect for a great many of the posters on this thread for their contributions to this forum. I have met one or two and have respect for them personally. I don't want this thread to detract from any of that, however I will not tolerate my own or anyone else's character being called into question merely on the basis of a disagreement about who should be given tournament entries and of what value those should be. My opinion has been offered and those making the decision have the option of accepting it or dismissing it. Whatever reward FCHD is eventually given, he will have my congratulations and best wishes.
    Posted by BorinLoner

I'm sure I said "some of your comments" in this post, but in other threads I have commented that I respect the depth and thought you put into your responses.
    In no way did I aim the remark at the majority of your posts, as it is clear you have a wealth of experience and in the main your intentions are positive rather than negative towards topics.
    I just thought on this occasion the idea was to suggest a suitable reward not to express why other rewards were not suitable.
    Surely it is up to the person giving to weigh up the merits?