You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New female tourneys

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
I moved this as I think I posted it in the wrong place

Sorry guys I know this will annoy a lot of men but I am requesting this for good reasons.

We don't have loads of female players on the site but as a site I think you are missing a lot of potential customers here. You could have a small MTT one evening or every evening say a £5 buy in with a £100 GTD for females only, and then give 1 hour of 1 of your shows to the tournament to promote getting more female players to the site and to reg! You have a great amount of female presenters who could take part, and you may be able to try and get 1 to play every tournament so you can name it after them! (Or you could name it after me, just saying ;)..)

If this does become an option make it a good structure 10/12 min blinds with small blind increases like the mini primo! The more players you get over time you could bring in higher guarantees or up the buy ins!

I would recommend starting small and only holding It twice a week on nights when the show is live so you can plug it (this would take like 10 seconds) and then make it a TV one so hands can be played and requested to be played to advertise it!  "Batkins Ladies night" Going back to naming the tourneys hint hint

Regards

Kalie

Comments

• edited July 2013

Aside from the 8pms, the mtts on here really struggle with numbers even before alienating 95% of the player pool. 

It would end up with you beating Hoggers in a glorified HU sng for the lot every week! ;)

• edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: New female tourneys:
    Aside from the 8pms, the mtts on here really struggle with numbers even before alienating 95% of the player pool.  It would end up with you beating Hoggers in a glorified HU sng for the lot every week! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Best post ever
  • edited July 2013
    Haha well how about female and very feminine men tournaments?
  • edited July 2013
    Haha well how about female and very feminine men tournaments?
    Posted by Batkin88
    Am In!! LOL!!

....Kalie, in some of Our HitSquad Games we have entered an All-Girl Squaddette Team Run by Lisa, One of My HitSquad Vice Captains!

In Fact in Feb we had our Squaddette Team get to Quarter-Finals of APAT Online Team Championships, [HitDonks made semi's]!!

Speak to Lisa, we have an All-Girl Squaddette FB Group too, I started it, then they kicked me out, pmsl

You be surprised who's in there...
  • edited July 2013

As a serious response....

Marketing idea...Charlotte Jackson girls night, have a couple of extra tournaments to the schedule that Charlotte plays that are women only. In the studio you can have women doing the presenting/analyst and get a female guest in either sky reg like the better Bromley (who can discuss her Vegas trip) or rogue (who can discuss her recent SPT success). Big media campaign, ie advertise it a few weeks in advance on facebook/twitter etc!

• edited July 2013
    im sure sara36dd would play   aka mark :p
  • edited July 2013
    Discrimination is never the answer
  • edited July 2013
    I would openly support this by buying mel in once per week. 
  • edited July 2013
    Im sure they could just do a £5.50 buy in with a small gtd to get it going, if advertised correctly then it would get runners.
  • edited July 2013
    Where would you sit if you were transgendered?
  • edited July 2013
  • edited July 2013
    in bangkok
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    lol
  • edited July 2013
    HITSQUAD, GROUNDBREAKING AGAIN!!!!!

The HitSquad Donk-A-Fun PLO Sunday Tournie..... HAS JUST BEEN DECLARED WOMEN ONLY!!!!!!!

Sunday 28th July, 7.15pm, £3.30, password, 'truehitters', all women Forumites welcome

DEFO WOMEN ONLY!!!

[I dont care about European Equal Rites, I'm the Hitman FFS!!]
    [Has a Man got equal rites to sleep with Me....NOOOOO!!!!]
    [Has a Woman got equal rites to talk about offside rule at a footie Match....NOOOO!!!!]
    [Can a Man do Great Roast Spuds on a Sunday..... NOOOOOOOOOO]

HORSE'S FA COURSES!!

THIS IS DECALRED WOMAN Entry ONLY, I delegate Batkin88 & sara36DD to check all entries!!!

IF ANY Men Register, they are FINED ONE PINT!! TO ME!!! In Person!!!

RULES IS RULES!!!!!!!

GL GIRLS!!!!!! XX
  • edited July 2013
    If we pull this off Kalie, [phnarr phnarr], oppps sry, I hope to support you with Sky to get..

Kalies Ladies Nites, Going!!!!

[ps if ya ever need a stripper.....]

Joshin Mate, X, I hope it works out, ....Hey, ...All Publicity and all that.....
  • edited July 2013
    HITSQUAD, GROUNDBREAKING AGAIN!!!!! The HitSquad Donk-A-Fun PLO Sunday Tournie..... HAS JUST BEEN DECLARED WOMEN ONLY!!!!!!! Sunday 28th July, 7.15pm, £3.30, password, 'truehitters' , all women Forumites welcome DEFO WOMEN ONLY!!! [I dont care about European Equal Rites, I'm the Hitman FFS!!] [Has a Man got equal rites to sleep with Me....NOOOOO!!!!] [Has a Woman got equal rites to talk about offside rule at a footie Match....NOOOO!!!!] [Can a Man do Great Roast Spuds on a Sunday..... NOOOOOOOOOO] HORSE'S FA COURSES!! THIS IS DECALRED WOMAN Entry ONLY, I delegate Batkin88 & sara36DD to check all entries!!! IF ANY Men Register, they are FINED ONE PINT!! TO ME!!! In Person!!! RULES IS RULES!!!!!!! GL GIRLS!!!!!! XX
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Isn't sara36DD a bloke?
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: New female tourneys : Isn't sara36DD a bloke?
    Posted by VespaPX
    lol yes
  • edited July 2013
    If we pull this off Kalie, [phnarr phnarr], oppps sry, I hope to support you with Sky to get.. Kalies Ladies Nites , Going!!!! [ps if ya ever need a stripper.....] Joshin Mate, X, I hope it works out, ....Hey, ...All Publicity and all that.....
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    ROFL I think it is best to keep your online stripping away from the felt.

I hope this gets something from SKY as there are a fair amount of female presenters and an analyst to help support it. I don't know how many female players there are on here but I am assuming we could get a field of 20 at first if advertised.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: New female tourneys : Isn't sara36DD a bloke?
    Posted by VespaPX
    NO WAY!!!!

I've been trying to Pull her for 4 Years!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: New female tourneys : ROFL I think it is best to keep your online stripping away from the felt. I hope this gets something from SKY as there are a fair amount of female presenters and an analyst to help support it. I don't know how many female players there are on here but I am assuming we could get a field of 20 at first if advertised.
    Posted by Batkin88
    We Have 3 Female Poker Presenters in our Female Only Squadette Group Kalie!!!
    just bit of Fun!!
  • edited July 2013
    What do they play? Or is it just a group on FB?
  • edited July 2013

Apolz for being a party po oper but I can't see this being successful in a million yearz.....

You might as well arrange a sit n go between 6 female players on facebook or the teamtalk forum, that's what it's going to end up as....

These team MTTs struggle with runners at the best of times, that's for all teams.  

But now it's females only, and also PLO, I think you'll be lucky to get 6.

If i's going to work on Sky (I don't think it will at all personally) it will have to be arranged properly and marketed/advertised well in advance, maybe then there might be 30 or so players for a few weeks before the novelty wears off.

The mtts on here are very poor outside of the 8pms and the rollers.

I think Sky should prioritise sorting the existing schedule out before introducing stuff like this.

It's very easy to arrange sngs on here between friends, male/female/whatever.

MTT lobby is saturated with rubbish MTTs/Sats that often don't even run due to lack of numbers, I think the problem needs sorting, not enhancing! :(

GL all playing anyway.
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I have noticed a considerable amount less players since I came back. The clinic was jam packed with hands from all levels when I first started now no one apart from Lambert posts hands. If they revamp the site it may help. 
  • edited July 2013
    Apolz for being a party po oper but I can't see this being successful in a million yearz..... You might as well arrange a sit n go between 6 female players on facebook or the teamtalk forum, that's what it's going to end up as.... These team MTTs struggle with runners at the best of times, that's for all teams.   But now it's females only, and also PLO, I think you'll be lucky to get 6. If i's going to work on Sky (I don't think it will at all personally) it will have to be arranged properly and marketed/advertised well in advance, maybe then there might be 30 or so players for a few weeks before the novelty wears off. The mtts on here are very poor outside of the 8pms and the rollers. I think Sky should prioritise sorting the existing schedule out before introducing stuff like this. It's very easy to arrange sngs on here between friends, male/female/whatever. MTT lobby is saturated with rubbish MTTs/Sats that often don't even run due to lack of numbers, I think the problem needs sorting, not enhancing! :( GL all playing anyway.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

LOL, It was a trifle tongue in cheek JJ!!

Our THS PLO tournie runs every Sunday with only 4-6 runners only sometimes, so my suggestion aint hurting anything!!

....Who Knows, be positive, I already got Charlotte, Anna, Sara, Tatjana, LML, possibly playing, so with all the lads Jumping in for the banter & Paying The Pint Fine anyway, I'm Quids in already

.....could become a sort of Poker Speed Dating nite, at only £3.30 +PintFine cost, it Cannot Fail ....

Can it??

anyway back to OP, you sidetracking Us JJ
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: New female tourneys : LOL, It was a trifle tongue in cheek JJ!! Who Knows, be positive, I already got Charlotte, Anna, Sara, Tatyana, LML, possibly playing, so with all the lads Jumping in for the banter & Paying The Pint Fine anyway , I'm Quids in already .....could become a sort of Poker Speed Dating nite, at only a Pint cost, it Cannot Fail .... Can it?? anyway back to OP, you sidetracking Us JJ
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    I would!

Nice line up tbf, maybe a good time for Sky to introduce webcam tables? :D

I maybe Misunderpitated the balance of the thread, I'm sure the female squaddieathon will do ok as a 1 off, but the idea in OP may work longer term on the site if done 'properly'.

GL in the game, women ftw!
  • edited July 2013
    Poker is very much a level playing field, so why  have women only events.

iF I was a women poker player, I would be quite offended by the idea.

• edited July 2013
    Big pairs ftw!
  • edited July 2013
    Big pairs ftw!
    Posted by splashies
    +2!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2013
    This is such a bad idea. js.
  • edited July 2013
    Poker is very much a level playing field, so why  have women only events. iF I was a women poker player, I would be quite offended by the idea.
    Posted by rancid
    The point is to attract more customers, new players will be of a lower standard so it isn't a level playing field and some just want to play in a friendly comp. The same as free rolls but targeting a niche in a market.