You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP)

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP):
    Well its not a live game, its an online game. Its not a nob whos in ya face mouthing off, its words on a screen in a tiny little chatbox. So much easier to deal with and ignore. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Your just not seeing the wood for trees are ya fella! it's about perception an what people think from the things they are seeing! 

do we want more people to use this site to play poker? YES! 

Will new customers an potential poker table buddies leave if they see that sort of thing going on? YES!

by ignoring the problem because it's only words in a little chatbox make this a better site? NO

Are they the type of people we want in here? NO

Do we want a friendly site? or a bad day in baghdad site? ...... You choose, no which one i prefer!

i use this site to chill out an have a laugh with like minded people an play the game i really enjoy playing. I got a wife if i want to have a row, or go down to the pub on a friday an saturday night ;)
  • edited December 2009

Great Posts by Maf.

Note by the way, that the Abuser was not even playing at the Table - he was there simply as a Railer, to abuse players.

I, for one, don't have any plans to share Tables with idiots who Rail simply to abuse Players.

• edited December 2009
    personally im with dohhhhhhh on this one,cant see why your all getting hot under the collar for.you really need to rise above it.
  • edited December 2009
    personally im with dohhhhhhh on this one,cant see why your all getting hot under the collar for.you really need to rise above it.
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
    WHY? ALL YOU ARE SAYING IS JUST IGNORE IT AND IT WILL GO AWAY.ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE PERIOD,FULL STOP,END OF.dav
  • edited December 2009
    dav  you really need to take a chill pill
  • edited December 2009

Whoooo I'm not alone! It will go away coz someone else who lets it get to em too much will report it for me! lol Isnt there an ignore button on here? shall I put that in 'community suggestions'? Wud be easy peasy

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    i think u should stop posting about it now because its getting out of hand and let the sky mods sort it out
  • edited December 2009
    doh you seem to be the only sensible one on here
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : WHY? ALL YOU ARE SAYING IS JUST IGNORE IT AND IT WILL GO AWAY.ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE PERIOD,FULL STOP,END OF.dav
    Posted by dav1964

Agreed +1 nice one dave. just leave it now not worth it. The majority of the forum think the same an to be honest mate if we all thought the same it would be very boring wouldn't it ;)
  • edited December 2009
    What you appear to be overlooking is that EVERYONE has the right to enjoy a sociable game of poker without the risk of being abused and subjected to what they feel is unacceptable language.
    Some people do not feel confident enough to report abuse and will simply leave the site rather than suffer this kind of behaviour.
    It is important that all of us stop this type of behaviour by reporting it whenever it occurs. I have to admit that I have often not reported things like this but that is a failing on my part.

To paraphrase Edmund Burke:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of loutish behaviour is for good men (and women) to do nothing."

• edited December 2009
    lol, im gonna put my head on the chopping block here.  Some abuse is actually quite funny and Im disappointed there is no chat on miniview so I can read it all.  The `yo momma is this and that` and `my momma is dead`, lines Ive seen all before and is mostly bs.
    Maybe if I was a bit more sensitive I could see how this abuse could really get to someone, but I`m not, so I cant.

When 2 players are abusing each other and each giving as good as they get, some of the 1 liners can be hilarious and is another form of entertainment.

To clarify before I get flamed, table abuse is wrong and should not happen.  Does it bother me personally that it goes on.  No.
  • edited December 2009
    omahonyo spot on post some people really are to sensitive
  • edited December 2009
    omahonyo spot on post some people really are to sensitive
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
    Wrong again,not sensitive just sensible.Personally i couldnt give a flying ---- what people say to me on a table but it is taken personally by many and it is those that are affected.BTW do you have any thought for others or just yourself?lol dav
  • edited December 2009
    who are these many that you speak for
  • edited December 2009
    who are these many that you speak for
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
    ERM the many who complain?
  • edited December 2009
    how many is many
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : Wrong again,not sensitive just sensible.Personally i couldnt give a flying ---- what people say to me on a table but it is taken personally by many and it is those that are affected.BTW do you have any thought for others or just yourself?lol dav
    Posted by dav1964

point well made dave as always. Your looking at from just your point of view and no one else's. Personally i don't give a rat's a s s what people say to me, 9 times out of 10 those people are keyboard heroes and if confronted would not say boo to a goose. To be part of a good forum community you have to be able to see it from all angles. So just because it does not bother you, does not mean everyone else will share your point of view. 

The majority on this forum will say the same thing that it should not be tolerated in any way shape or form. You see the thing is that most of the forum pride themselves on the fact that we are a such a good little community, an dilberts like that have no place here.... oh sorry yes there is a place for them .... the broom cupboard or area 51 ;)
  • edited December 2009
    never knew that so many sensistive souls played poker
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : ED i totally agree with you, it's unacceptable behaviour but some people are abusive regardless online and i know there would be repercussions if face to face,but don't rise to their lower level!
    Posted by Any2Suited
    Hi Guys

Done all the above suggestions last August

Tikay is right, however if bad chat happens on my table, I don't keep quiet and I don't swear. I tell them I am reporting them and do. Sky customer services I am sure do deal with it, though in my experience don't always even read the complaint correctly. I have never reported abuse hurled at myself, in those circumstances I turn the chat off. Some dreadful things have been said on the tables and sad though it maybe these people are just ignorant and hiding behind anonymity and their keyboards. Now there are other people on the table and I believe that they should speak up and support the player who is being abused. A simple message from all players at the table on the lines of:  We/ I do not want you or your chat on our table. If we all did that they would soon get the message. 

If you see someone being attacked in real life what do you do?  Call the police, intervene or walk away?
    The choice is yours, I know what I do.

Pam 
  • edited December 2009
    never knew that so many sensistive souls played poker
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
    very good point,the same as i never knew so many muppets played it either.
  • edited December 2009
    What you appear to be overlooking is that EVERYONE has the right to enjoy a sociable game of poker without the risk of being abused and subjected to what they feel is unacceptable language. Some people do not feel confident enough to report abuse and will simply leave the site rather than suffer this kind of behaviour. It is important that all of us stop this type of behaviour by reporting it whenever it occurs. I have to admit that I have often not reported things like this but that is a failing on my part. To paraphrase Edmund Burke: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of loutish behaviour is for good men (and women) to do nothing."
    Posted by MereNovice

thumbs up merenovice ,

i believe you nailed it with this post,

ps.  ed the talking horse could not have said it better
  • edited December 2009
    Hi all

Abusive chat is wrong, plain and simple.  Some people are sensitive and take offence, others dont mind it in the least, or find it amusing, but that is irrelevant.  it is against the rules to abuse anyone, not just people who would be offended.

The arguement to just ignore it does not hold water, because it is quite simply against the chat rules.  People want to use the chat function for its proper function and should be able to do so.

Wayne makes the excellent point that a newcomer to the site who is subjected to abuse will assume that it is typical of the site, and not come back.  I nearly didnt. not because I was deeply affected.  I just didnt want to play with people like that.

if anyone that sees any abuse reports it, then eventually everyone that flouts the rules will be chat banned and the problem will be eradicated.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : very good point,the same as i never knew so many muppets played it either.
    Posted by dav1964
    well said kermit
  • edited December 2009
    VWbayvan, for someone new to forum or someone who has made very little contribution to to the forum your certainly making an impression. Mocking a well respected member of the forum ie; dav1964 is certainly the way to go .... top man!!

just looking at the replies goes to show what people think about this situation and what people deem acceptable behaviour. The majority don't seem to agree with you ;)

Dave don't rise to it buddy!!
  • edited December 2009
    To all who have agreed with me, thank you for the support. I do understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, some players do however have very strange views on certain things. However i reckon its time to knock it all on the head before some of the regulars on here get them self a ban. (its not worth it guys)

margate & dav and all wh supported me and agreed with me TOP MARKS!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    This is a subject that really annoys me because there are always people who say "get a life" or "chill out" or other such phrases, discounting it as harmless banter! What we are talking about here is NOT harmless banter it is abuse,pure and simple. Harmless banter is what you see in the TKO and other such events, it's a laugh and everybody enjoys it. Abuse and abusive language is a whole different story and should not have to be tolerated by anyone on a table no matter who it is aimed at or what their reasons are (usually none!). Unfortunately, and I include myself in this, we do not complain enough so the perpetrators are allowed to carry on with their foul-mouthed attacks! IMO some of them don't even deserve to be playing on the site let alone chatting (if that's what you can call it)!!
    Sky can't do anything unless they know about it so it's upto us, the players, to report it!
  • edited December 2009
    This is a subject that really annoys me because there are always people who say "get a life" or "chill out" or other such phrases, discounting it as harmless banter! What we are talking about here is NOT harmless banter it is abuse,pure and simple. Harmless banter is what you see in the TKO and other such events, it's a laugh and everybody enjoys it. Abuse and abusive language is a whole different story and should not have to be tolerated by anyone on a table no matter who it is aimed at or what their reasons are (usually none!). Unfortunately, and I include myself in this, we do not complain enough so the perpetrators are allowed to carry on with their foul-mouthed attacks! IMO some of them don't even deserve to be playing on the site let alone chatting (if that's what you can call it)!! Sky can't do anything unless they know about it so it's upto us, the players, to report it!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Another quality reply!!! nice one diggerman ;)) A good point well made!

ps Ed no worries buddy!! your point was one that needed backing an from the MAJORITY of replies it was ;)
  • edited December 2009
    VWbayvan, for someone new to forum or someone who has made very little contribution to to the forum your certainly making an impression. Mocking a well respected member of the forum ie; dav1964 is certainly the way to go .... top man!! just looking at the replies goes to show what people think about this situation and what people deem acceptable behaviour. The majority don't seem to agree with you ;) Dave don't rise to it buddy!!
    Posted by margatemaf
    think you will find that dav1964 was having a pop first with his muppet reference
  • edited December 2009

Have any of you forum regulars/posters freeroll players EVER disagreed with eachother? lol

U are definately like a family but even families sometimes disagree!

I think every single reply here has agreed with the origonal message that the language used was wrong! If u put a poll on it u wud get 100% agreeing with you.

The point u cant understand, and thats all of u, barring I think 2 replies, Is that some of us just dont care! It doesnt bother us! We ignore it and get on with it! Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that.

If ur saying we're wrong for ignoring it rather than doing something about it, next time ur in the park and u see sum doggy P0o on the path, will u walk straight past it? or go home get a shovel and clean it up?

Haha I think I know what ya'd do. - I'd do the same ;)

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : think you will find that dav1964 was having a pop first with his muppet reference
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
    Dont be so sensitive!