You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP)

13»

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP):
    Have any of you forum regulars/posters freeroll players EVER disagreed with eachother? lol U are definately like a family but even families sometimes disagree! I think every single reply here has agreed with the origonal message that the language used was wrong! If u put a poll on it u wud get 100% agreeing with you. The point u cant understand, and thats all of u, barring I think 2 replies, Is that some of us just dont care! It doesnt bother us! We ignore it and get on with it! Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. If ur saying we're wrong for ignoring it rather than doing something about it, next time ur in the park and u see sum doggy P0o on the path, will u walk straight past it? or go home get a shovel and clean it up? Haha I think I know what ya'd do. - I'd do the same ;) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    That's the point, it's that kind of attitude that allows these people to keep getting away with it. like you said we are like a big family here and yes your 100% right that families do disagree, BUT!! you still look after your family even if you have fallen out or disagree ;)
  • edited December 2009
    VWbayvan, for someone new to forum or someone who has made very little contribution to to the forum your certainly making an impression. Mocking a well respected member of the forum ie; dav1964 is certainly the way to go .... top man!! just looking at the replies goes to show what people think about this situation and what people deem acceptable behaviour. The majority don't seem to agree with you ;) Dave don't rise to it buddy!!
    Posted by margatemaf
    Well said hunni x
  • edited December 2009
    Have any of you forum regulars/posters freeroll players EVER disagreed with eachother? lol U are definately like a family but even families sometimes disagree! I think every single reply here has agreed with the origonal message that the language used was wrong! If u put a poll on it u wud get 100% agreeing with you. The point u cant understand, and thats all of u, barring I think 2 replies, Is that some ofus just dont care! It doesnt bother us! We ignore it and get on with it! Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. If ur saying we're wrong for ignoring it rather than doing something about it, next time ur in the park and u see sum doggy P0o on the path, will u walk straight past it? or go home get a shovel and clean it up? Haha I think I know what ya'd do. - I'd do the same ;) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    HI DOH , WHAT'S ABOUT BEING CARING ENOUGH TO REALIZE , THAT IT DOES AFFECT SOME   ( AND SOME BADLY ) . WHY SHOULD ANYONE SUFFER ABUSE IN THE FUTURE , IF WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO PREVENT IT . 
  • edited December 2009
    Have any of you forum regulars/posters freeroll players EVER disagreed with eachother? lol U are definately like a family but even families sometimes disagree! I think every single reply here has agreed with the origonal message that the language used was wrong! If u put a poll on it u wud get 100% agreeing with you. The point u cant understand, and thats all of u, barring I think 2 replies, Is that some of us just dont care! It doesnt bother us! We ignore it and get on with it! Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that. If ur saying we're wrong for ignoring it rather than doing something about it, next time ur in the park and u see sum doggy P0o on the path, will u walk straight past it? or go home get a shovel and clean it up? Haha I think I know what ya'd do. - I'd do the same ;) DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    well said
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : Well said hunni x
    Posted by candi
    are we talking now hunni as it's not TKO night ;) thanks sweetie ;) x

Dave, how did this man infiltrate you an know your middle name was Kermit!!!! ;)
  • edited December 2009

U really arent getting it. The point im trying to make, is that the only people who should be concerned by this type of thing, are the people who do not like it!

Like I sed about 40 posts ago the worst thing I can say about this sorta comment is that it is so boring!

Im not opposing people reporting it n getting it stopped! not saying "noooooooooo let em carry on making stupid comments coz I like it" - By all means go ahead and take apropriate action.

U wnt find me using this sort of language in a chat box, on the forum, or in the pub.

But I aint gonna kik up a fuss if other people do, i'll leave it to those who care or who are offended by it.

Im not - n a few others aren't either!

DOHH

• edited December 2009
    never knew that so many sensistive souls played poker
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
     I`ve been playing this site a couple of years now and i have made some lovely friends on here. These players are not sensitive they are respectable. They will all take the odd banter of rubbish we all do, but i think your really missing the point. They are talking about people who are dishing out serious verbal abuse..and yes why should we tolerate it? Uh?
    Why should we?
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    There are so many different levels of abuse - the "Ya mother...." stuff is bang out of order, as I personally think are the people who act like they have been intimately violated when someone calls them a muppet or a fish!

Reporting abuse is subjective and if every "Muppet" and "Fish" name calling is reported Customer Services will do nothing else.  Serious abuse should be reported of course.  But I think a bit of banter between adults can contain minor insults - I dont mind being called a donk, it can open up an amusing exchange!

Other sites have the facility to mute individual players - why doesnt SKY introduce that?  Then minor/trivial complaints about being called the creation of Jim Henson can be dealt with individually, leaving CS free to act on serious abuse.

Oh and for the record I say loudly, something to the effect of "Oy pick that up!" when I see a dog owner leaving their dog waste in public areas.  My pensioner father would pick it up.... and put it on the owners car.  The ones who ignore it deserve to scrape it of their shoe as much as the owners deserve to wipe it off their car windscreens.  Its very rare that a park is free of cr@p, but if we all took this approach they would be.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : are we talking now hunni as it's not TKO night ;) thanks sweetie ;) x Dave, how did this man infiltrate you an know your middle name was Kermit!!!! ;)
    Posted by margatemaf
    Love ya long time hunni xxxxx :)
  • edited December 2009
    U really arent getting it. The point im trying to make, is that the only people who should be concerned by this type of thing, are the people who do not like it! Like I sed about 40 posts ago the worst thing I can say about this sorta comment is that it is so boring! Im not opposing people reporting it n getting it stopped! not saying "noooooooooo let em carry on making stupid comments coz I like it" - By all means go ahead and take apropriate action. U wnt find me using this sort of language in a chat box, on the forum, or in the pub. But I aint gonna kik up a fuss if other people do, i'll leave it to those who care or who are offended by it. Im not - n a few others aren't either! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

A good point well made!! the only confusing thing now is ........

your not bothered by it, neither is ya mate you both are quite happy to just ignore it as it does not bother you. So why are you 2 even commenting on a subject that your not concerned about??

the original post by ED was to draw attention to the people that are concerned,
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : There are so many different levels of abuse - the "Ya mother...." stuff is bang out of order, as I personally think are the people who act like they have been intimately violated when someone calls them a muppet or a fish! Reporting abuse is subjective and if every "Muppet" and "Fish" name calling is reported Customer Services will do nothing else.  Serious abuse should be reported of course.  But I think a bit of banter between adults can contain minor insults - I dont mind being called a donk, it can open up an amusing exchange! Other sites have the facility to mute individual players - why doesnt SKY introduce that?  Then minor/trivial complaints about being called the creation of Jim Henson can be dealt with individually, leaving CS free to act on serious abuse. Oh and for the record I say loudly, something to the effect of "Oy pick that up!" when I see a dog owner leaving their dog waste in public areas.  My pensioner father would pick it up.... and put it on the owners car.  The ones who ignore it deserve to scrape it of their shoe as much as the owners deserve to wipe it off their car windscreens.  Its very rare that a park is free of cr@p, but if we all took this approach they would be.
    Posted by Rattious
    Very well put hunni...well said x
  • edited December 2009

Was one of the first to initially reply I think, n recieved critisism for it, and have done throughout the thread, just defending/justifying my opinion

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    Well it is harmless banter, its childish pathetic and my biggest critisism or it is its bloody boring! Not harmful though. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

After Ed posting one of the things that was said .... i will let you all go back to the beginning of the thread to see what the original idiot said ..... then you post the above reply!!!

Enough said! if that's what you think after seeing what was said in the chatbox, you aint no better than the idiot that made the highly offensive remarks!!

i don't really want to discuss it with you any further, as i was of the opinion you were a little brash when you first come onto the scene, but you are a great poker player ( watched you a few times ) but as a forum member you leave a lot to be desired an clearly have a warped view on life!
  • edited December 2009

That wasnt my first reply, my first en was delted as I guessed what the culprit said. sum1 quotes it tho.

Im getting fed up of it now too, its a poker site n people r constantly moaning about everything it seems, other than poker! My last post on the subject. GL to the geezer who agreed with me in trying to get his point over to you regulars, its impossible.

It is harmless btw, its not hurting anyone.

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    THATS WHERE YOU ARE WRONG DOHH , IT DOES HURT SOME PEOPLE.
  • edited December 2009
    That wasnt my first reply, my first en was delted as I guessed what the culprit said. sum1 quotes it tho. Im getting fed up of it now too, its a poker site n people r constantly moaning about everything it seems, other than poker! My last post on the subject. GL to the geezer who agreed with me in trying to get his point over to you regulars, its impossible. It is harmless btw, its not hurting anyone. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Shame.  This thread was just getting better, lol
  • edited December 2009
    Was one of the first to initially reply I think, n recieved critisism for it, and have done throughout the thread, just defending/justifying my opinion DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    should know by now your not allowed to disagree with ronnie and reggie(margate&dav1964)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : should know by now your not allowed to disagree with ronnie and reggie(margate&dav1964)
    Posted by VWBAYVAN

Nice comeback!!!! if your 12!! if you want to get personal, then so be it ;) you were not disagreeing with the kray twins but indeed the majority of the forum ;)
  • edited December 2009
    JUST READING THIS THREAD AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT?--I think it's in danger of becoming abusive--come on lads---

HAVE A NICE DAY!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : should know by now your not allowed to disagree with ronnie and reggie(margate&dav1964)
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
    THANK TOU GONZO
  • edited December 2009
    That wasnt my first reply, my first en was delted as I guessed what the culprit said. sum1 quotes it tho. Im getting fed up of it now too, its a poker site n people r constantly moaning about everything it seems, other than poker! My last post on the subject. GL to the geezer who agreed with me in trying to get his point over to you regulars, its impossible. It is harmless btw, its not hurting anyone. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hey Dohhh

I know what you are trying to get at and I agree with some of what you said in your first (undeleted) post in that its childish, pathetic and its bloody boring! But, as you can see, people also find it harmful or at least perceive that to be the case. I don't personally give two hoots what people say to me, but there has to be a line and some people go WAY over it! Is this thread getting to you? ......well think how someone who is being abused constantly feels!!! Just a thought!
    Oh BTW don't stop posting on the forums, i love your "Devil's Advocate" approach!! lol
  • edited December 2009
    JUST READING THIS THREAD AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT?--I think it's in danger of becoming abusive--come on lads---                                          HAVE A NICE DAY!
    Posted by oynutter
    LOL Nice one!!
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
     VWBAYVAN are you just trying to get into the poster's Freeroll because you have said nothing constructive at all!

As for Dohhhhhhhh i think you have made your point now. You love to be controversial on this site(maybe not in this post but in others) and i think that its healthy that we don't all agree at times. However i think this thread has run it's course now and should be ended.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : Nice comeback!!!! if your 12!! if you want to get personal, then so be it ;) you were not disagreeing with the kray twins but indeed the majority of the forum ;)
    Posted by margatemaf
    i am 12 how did you guess
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: PLAYER ABUSE (SKY_RICH CAN YOU HELP) : no problem richard head
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
    lol that proves ure 12.pmsl
  • edited December 2009
    ok dav1964 lets agree to disagree and move on
  • edited December 2009
    ok dav1964 lets agree to disagree and move on
    Posted by VWBAYVAN
    yes no probs mate,gl.dav
  • edited December 2009
    good shout!! i think this well over due. So we can move on an draw a line under this. cheers guys, lively an interesting debate ;)