You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

Sky Poker Official Fantasy Football (with prizes!)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2013
    thanks bell for responding so quick gl

• Options
    edited August 2013
    no probs, good luck 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Official Fantasy Football (with prizes!):
    im in the league yes but my name is not Geoff? 
    Posted by BELL_POKER

'Geoff' is a slang term..... Meaning a late entry in this case and popping out in front by a mere 100 points lol
  • Options
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    and lass's or is it lasses - sod it ladies!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Official Fantasy Football (with prizes!) : 'Geoff' is a slang term..... Meaning a late entry in this case and popping out in front by a mere 100 points lol
    Posted by joesman1

yeah i gathered something like that i was humouring you. joining 4 days late into a 38 week comp is hardly that bad and id say a good 30 per cent at least have joined late as this was not posted in football corner like people would have expected as its to do with football. i joined barbies league as an alternative initially so am now happy to be in both. 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Official Fantasy Football (with prizes!) : yeah i gathered something like that i was humouring you. joining 4 days late into a 38 week comp is hardly that bad and id say a good 30 per cent at least have joined late as this was not posted in football corner like people would have expected as its to do with football. i joined barbies league as an alternative initially so am now happy to be in both. 
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    You're a well respected contributor to the forum and more than welcome!
    However, someone with lesser morales could have entered several teams in the main comp then waited to choose their best performing team for the sky poker comp to give themselves an advantage for the monthly prize.
    I believe that is why some might be upset.
    I think your free bet thread is great reading and am 1000% certain you entered this competition in the right spirit!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Official Fantasy Football (with prizes!) : You're a well respected contributor to the forum and more than welcome! However, someone with lesser morales could have entered several teams in the main comp then waited to choose their best performing team for the sky poker comp to give themselves an advantage for the monthly prize. I believe that is why some might be upset. I think your free bet thread is great reading and am 1000% certain you entered this competition in the right spirit!
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Absolutely NO DOUBT that this is the case. 

• Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Official Fantasy Football (with prizes!) : I think that's a fair point. I can't see an option our side to actually close the league though. I'll try and find out and get back to you.
    Posted by Sky_DanR

I've thought about this one Dan and I've  maybe come up with a solution that would make it more difficult to join at a later date. Why not set a deadline, whether it be the 1st of September, or whatever date, then delete your post with the league name and pin no??
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    fair enough comments , ive got such a large total as i was gunning for the 1st week prize of winning an ipad, made a load of transfers and got close but ultimately finished 4th, still think it could have been achieveable with a wiser selection here or there  but thems the breaks. im down on my transfers and honestly think if i make it in top 10 when alls said or done ill be shocked. i did pick a second team on Saturday 24th August, and have already got over the 100 points mark, which wouldnt sit too badly in the table giving everyone else a one week lead.

as stated there was approx 140 runners (if that) when i entered and obviously proving very popular since announced in football section. but all in all yeah i was a bit of a transfer wh 0re hence the large total. believe me it will not last!!!! unfortunately
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Official Fantasy Football (with prizes!) :   I've thought about this one Dan and I've  maybe come up with a solution that would make it more difficult to join at a later date. Why not set a deadline, whether it be the 1st of September, or whatever date, then delete your post with the league name and pin no??
    Posted by joesman1
    Or stipulate that entries made after the first of the month do not qualify for that months prize.

I still can't find out how to access the Sky Poker league table any advice would be gratefully received. 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Official Fantasy Football (with prizes!) :   I've thought about this one Dan and I've  maybe come up with a solution that would make it more difficult to join at a later date. Why not set a deadline, whether it be the 1st of September, or whatever date, then delete your post with the league name and pin no??
    Posted by joesman1
    Yep, good suggestion. We're going to officially allow for entries until the end of September, even if we get high scoring late-comers they'll still have a job to remain at the top for the rest of the season. So after that we'll remove the league details in the original post like you said. 

Like I said come February it will automatically stop managers joining anyway even if they get their hands on the details.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Official Fantasy Football (with prizes!) : Or stipulate that entries made after the first of the month do not qualify for that months prize. I still can't find out how to access the Sky Poker league table any advice would be gratefully received. 
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    If you've already joined the league - log in to Sky Sports Fantasy Football and go to Leagues - Sky Poker Fantasy Football League should be there and click View League. 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Im in just joined so will be shed loads of points behind but get ready lads! 

pretty new to the forum as well so go easy ha!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I have just joined as well... gl all and lets smash it ;) 

!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Big weekend of Premiership Football this weekend folks, any tips?

The Arsenal v Tottenham game certainly catches my eye and Soldado might be a good choice considering he's scored Spurs' only goals this season!

Nastasic returns for Man City so we'll be putting him in (My bias there!) and with Sunderland's form very scratchy so far, I'm tempted to whack a Palace defender in there...any ideas?

Who have you all gone for? Wait until the games have kicked off if you don't want to giveaway your tactics of course!

• Options
    edited August 2013
    putting the entire man city defence in on sunday may have seemed a good idea for some but look how that turned out!! so employing same tactics today may not prove as lucrative as first thought against Hull, but you would imagine even without Kompany they could still win to nil here and win big so city defenders/strikers/attacking midfielders will be the way to go. and frasier campbell after a confidence boosting double could also be one to keep onside up front at a value price 
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    ive very few runners today as most playing tomorrow or not at all so fully expect to be overtaken at the top it was good while it lasted! 
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Well today marks the 1st of September and that means we have our first manager of the month winner!

BELL_POKER!

Congratualtions on your reign thus far! You have been entered into tonight's £10,000 Primo event as your prize. Don't forget to turn up and play!

Good luck for the next month, folks...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    thats brilliant thank you very much 
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    My heart goes out to the guy who finished 3rd (Joesman)

I didn't see Bell Poker at the start of the competition then suddenly he was top!
    Is that going to happen next month?

Can we all enter several teams and then select the highest scoring team for the Sky Poker League?

Good luck to Bell Poker! I know he's a solid chap but I do feel there should be a rule that prevents late entrants from winning the monthly prize until a full month has been completed in the league
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    edited September 2013
        *Housekeeping* There’s a limit of 1 team per person for the Sky Poker Fantasy League. Please be aware: your full name (as registered on your Sky Poker account) will be displayed in the league.   So get your team picked, join our league and it's game on!
    Posted by Sky_DanR

Just had a look at the league and wondered when you might be getting around to doing the Housekeeping?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    only just found this and really fed up that it will not let me join as I am already in 3 leagues with no prizes o offer. Is there a way i can withdraw from a league or am i snookered?????

• Options
    edited September 2013
        *Housekeeping* There’s a limit of 1 team per person for the Sky Poker Fantasy League. Please be aware: your full name (as registered on your Sky Poker account) will be displayed in the league.   So get your team picked, join our league and it's game on! Posted by Sky_DanR
    Just had a look at the league and wondered when you might be getting around to doing the Housekeeping?
    Posted by TheDart

Bit of housekeeping done now.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    only just found this and really fed up that it will not let me join as I am already in 3 leagues with no prizes o offer. Is there a way i can withdraw from a league or am i snookered?????
    Posted by imber
    Not sure to be honest, if you can find a way to leave the league you're in or get the admin for the leagues to remove you you might be able to join, not 100% though. Our league is only open to new entrants for the rest of September.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    There's been a mass exodus at Sky Poker FC ahead of game week 7, drastic measures were needed!

Just a reminder, we're closing the league to new entrants on October 1st. Although there's no official functionality to do this (think it gets automatically done in Feb) we'll keep an eye on the numbers and manually remove any entrants that increase that number as well as deleting the league info in the opening post.