You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Villian asked me to post this hand as said Im a donkey

124»

Comments

• edited October 2013
    no, jus a population read on ur pointless post again tryin to justify ur donkey play..
    its like youve just read/watched a video on the mathematics of poker and now seem to be able to implement it on your donkish plays after the hand was played once you had time to try and justify them- but in reality u cannot justify bad play and u cant say ingame that u know ur a slight favourite here loooooooooooool
    with the time u have how can u even try and say u were intensionally inducing to snap off knowing ur going to be 53% - jesus are u for real?? ur tilting me with every post u make- if i could be bothered i would show u some proper EV calcs specific to both ur hands u have posted to show u how much of a donkey u really are

id happily help anyone that wants to be helped with my own veiws but they have to be open minded themselves- not someone who wont listen to anyone and think he can justify every wrong move he's played-
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Villian asked me to post this hand as said Im a donkey:
    no, jus a population read on ur pointless post again tryin to justify ur donkey play.. its like youve just read/watched a video on the mathematics of poker and now seem to be able to implement it on your donkish plays after the hand was played once you had time to try and justify them- but in reality u cannot justify bad play and u cant say ingame that u know ur a slight favourite here loooooooooooool with the time u have how can u even try and say u were intensionally inducing to snap off knowing ur going to be 53% - jesus are u for real?? ur tilting me with every post u make- if i could be bothered i would show u some proper EV calcs specific to both ur hands u have posted to show u how much of a donkey u really are id happily help anyone that wants to be helped with my own veiws but they have to be open minded themselves- not someone who wont listen to anyone and think he can justify every wrong move he's played-
    Posted by LnarinOO
    Why bother to even waste your time to read and comment on this thread? Unless of course trolling.

Q high is strong in this spot.  Odds of him holding either an A or K is 26%, being dealt a PP 6%, Being dealt a Q is 3.6% (could be a weaker Q at that)

So total chance that he is holding something better than us preflop is 26% + 6% = 32.6% +1.8% (higher Q) total 34.4% chance that he has a better starting hand than us.  Yes I should of open shoved, I didn't and once I had raise I had to call.
  • edited October 2013
    why bother posting? tell me exactly what your looking for ??

[x] approval that you know what your doing

[x] praise that you have an idea on the math of poker

[x] to show you can justify every play you make

[x] lookn at me..!!  i correctly induced Q8o and dont care what anyone says

[x] i know i sound like 92% of a donut and making 2% sense, and know im unlikely goin get anywhere close
         100% help from others. but hey ho

[ ] other peoples help and veiws

[ ] maybe in didnt play this optimally, what would you have done?

[ ] listen

[ ] maybe ill post a hand where i actually seek advise/veiws rather try and fight my corner and tell everyone i
         thinkd their wrong.........

hmmmmmm
  • edited October 2013
    why bother posting? tell me exactly what your looking for ?? [x] approval that you know what your doing [x] praise that you have an idea on the math of poker [x] to show you can justify every play you make [x] lookn at me..!!  i correctly induced Q8o and dont care what anyone says [x] i know i sound like 92% of a donut and making 2% sense, and know im unlikely goin get anywhere close      100% help from others. but hey ho [ ] other peoples help and veiws [ ] maybe in didnt play this optimally, what would you have done? [ ] listen [ ] maybe ill post a hand where i actually seek advise/veiws rather try and fight my corner and tell everyone i      thinkd their wrong......... hmmmmmm
    Posted by LnarinOO
    Have a nice day fella and I will be more than happy to meet and have a drink and talk to any of you regarding poker/general stuff if I can make the live appearance at DtD.  But one thing I will not condone and that is rudeness.  If someone mocks a person in the chatbox, that's fine, it's there choice, but please do not then bemoan the person when he exposes it.  If my play was awful then the guys should be happy that Im playing like a fish and be happy, not mock me.

I thought we all are on the same sheet when we say not to mock fish and not to mock someones play in the chat. Right?
  • edited October 2013
    Double why do you struggle to except you made a bad play

learn from it and move on

• edited October 2013
    Double why do you struggle to except you made a bad play learn from it and move on
    Posted by rancid
    I said many times now that I should of shoved instead of min raising. 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Villian asked me to post this hand as said Im a donkey : I said many times now that I should of shoved instead of min raising. 
    Posted by DoubleAAA

So you agree, you are a donkey for inducing with Q8o!

No shame in admitting it fella.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Villian asked me to post this hand as said Im a donkey : So you agree, you are a donkey for inducing with Q8o! No shame in admitting it fella.
    Posted by rancid
    The inducing with his marginal hand was not good but the call was easy once he shoved. No need to be insulting is there. 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Villian asked me to post this hand as said Im a donkey : The inducing with his marginal hand was not good but the call was easy once he shoved. No need to be insulting is there. 
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    I think you need to look into ICM to really guage how this call was bad. Even on the face of it, saying I need this % of equity to call may seem fine - ICM would make it a losing money call.

Anyway if you feel confident enough in your play you wouldn't find the term Donkey such an insult.

Wasn't actually meant as an insult, but hey ho.....poker players do get offended very easily :)

• edited October 2013
    both players are lunatic but the call is far worse than the shove . but never ever shove against a fish he will snap it off all day long
  • edited October 2013
    just looked at the hand again u shuda shoved pre.  i can understand the call. i cant understand the 42 shove with the stacks  so small so cant understand why villain is crying

• edited October 2013
    im no expert but everything seems wrong in this hand,the min raise with the plan to call if the BB shoves,if that was the plan why not just shove yourself,theres a hole lot of difference between calling and shoving,what i mean by that is u can shove any 2 cards , but u shouldent be calling with any 2..personally i dont think u had a plan,i think you just min raised expecting the fold from a player you say had only played one hand......now the shove with 2,4.by the BB.. thats not as bad as might look , lol.after all its against someone whos min raised  numerous times and theres a good chance the raiser might fold,if not he probably has live cards  with 2,4....now the call ,i carnt explane that one, maybe he just fancied a gamble...my advice for wat its worth ,get them in before they do   lol..it would have saved all this,the BB would have just decked his 2,4.......gl all
  • edited October 2013
    just looked at the hand again u shuda shoved pre.  i can understand the call. i cant understand the 42 shove with the stacks  so small so cant understand why villain is crying
    Posted by reeler
    Yes I should of shoved pre instead of min-raising. At least you understand why I called and questioned the 42 shove.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Villian asked me to post this hand as said Im a donkey : I think you need to look into ICM to really guage how this call was bad. Even on the face of it, saying I need this % of equity to call may seem fine - ICM would make it a losing money call. Anyway if you feel confident enough in your play you wouldn't find the term Donkey such an insult. Wasn't actually meant as an insult, but hey ho.....poker players do get offended very easily :)
    Posted by rancid
    There were still 16 players left and only the top 6 got paid. ICM is not really a factor when I am way behind on chips and so far from the bubble and the blinds are about to go up which would leave me with 7.5bbs if I fold.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Villian asked me to post this hand as said Im a donkey : There were still 16 players left and only the top 6 got paid. ICM is not really a factor when I am way behind on chips and so far from the bubble and the blinds are about to go up which would leave me with 7.5bbs if I fold.
    Posted by DoubleAAA

don't be daft it's all about ICM

have fun

http://www.pokericmcalculator.com/icmizer/

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Villian asked me to post this hand as said Im a donkey : Yes I should of shoved pre instead of min-raising. At least you understand why I called and questioned the 42 shove.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    dont worry what they say yes u shuda went all in but with the chip stacks so small why is he even shovin with 4 2 u gotta call forget what they say u made a mistake and he made a bigger mistake 
  • edited October 2013
    im no expert but everything seems wrong in this hand,the min raise with the plan to call if the BB shoves,if that was the plan why not just shove yourself,theres a hole lot of difference between calling and shoving,what i mean by that is u can shove any 2 cards , but u shouldent be calling with any 2..personally i dont think u had a plan,i think you just min raised expecting the fold from a player you say had only played one hand......now the shove with 2,4.by the BB.. thats not as bad as might look , lol.after all its against someone whos min raised  numerous times and theres a good chance the raiser might fold,if not he probably has live cards  with 2,4....now the call ,i carnt explane that one, maybe he just fancied a gamble...my advice for wat its worth ,get them in before they do   lol..it would have saved all this,the BB would have just decked his 2,4.......gl all
    Posted by zxghostxz
    if hes min raised then im foldin 4 2 all the way cause the stacks are so small its all in or nothin the min raise is bad but the shove 42 is worse why even moan when u get called
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Villian asked me to post this hand as said Im a donkey : if hes min raised then im foldin 4 2 all the way cause the stacks are so small its all in or nothin the min raise is bad but the shove 42 is worse why even moan when u get called
    Posted by reeler
    i dont think he moaned about it.. i think he was more surprised by it..im not sayin he was right to go all in with 42,  wat im sayin is i understand why he would..prob thought there was a good chance the raiser would lay it down.
  • edited October 2013
    and the winner of the longest number of posts in a poker clinic hand goes 2 :)